• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
. . .I think I got screwed. Is there supposed to be a circular piece of plastic to support the console stand included in the box? Because I never got one, and a Wii that I purchased for a friend of mine had the circular support piece in it.

Anyone else missing this piece of the Wii?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
=( I have to wait until Christmas until I get a Wii. I cannot wait for that day though.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
PA, go to your message board, and than its one of the two emblems on the left, I forget which. Let me know when you get your number, and I'll add you.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
When I connect to a multiplayer game like Wii Sports, my Wiimote takes a lot longer to connect than the others. Do you think there's something wrong with it?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
. . .I think I got screwed. Is there supposed to be a circular piece of plastic to support the console stand included in the box? Because I never got one, and a Wii that I purchased for a friend of mine had the circular support piece in it.

Anyone else missing this piece of the Wii?
I threw it out accidentally myself, but it's not really something to worry about.

You can find your Wii number in the address book via the message board.

As for other problems, there have been issues with overheating, disc read errors, and also remotes not snyching. Fortunately, most of these problems are due to carelessness or not following/reading the instructions. As for the problems Fox P McCloud, you shouldn't worry too much, because the chances of getting a defective Wii is still less than 1% or so, which is good considering how many Wiis were sold. Bad stuff happens, but Nintendo is trying to fix things. Just remember to READ THE MANUAL before trying anything.

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I threw it out accidentally myself, but it's not really something to worry about.

You can find your Wii number in the address book via the message board.

As for other problems, there have been issues with overheating, disc read errors, and also remotes not snyching. Fortunately, most of these problems are due to carelessness or not following/reading the instructions. As for the problems Fox P McCloud, you shouldn't worry too much, because the chances of getting a defective Wii is still less than 1% or so, which is good considering how many Wiis were sold. Bad stuff happens, but Nintendo is trying to fix things. Just remember to READ THE MANUAL before trying anything.
Yeah, that's exactly what I did [read the manual]. I'm going to try out my Wii at someone's home who actually has broadband to confirm/disprove my problem....if it works at the broadbanders house...well, then I guess my Wii is 100% fine (and dial-up just won't cut it for the Shop Channel). If it still doesn't work....well, time for me to call Nintendo.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Where's the Wii's online code? I'm asking on behalf of pure boredom, cause I'm sure I could find it by messing with the Wii channels for 5 minutes, or looking in the instruction booklet, or searching.
For more complete instructions han what Gaw gave you, go the the message board. Click New Message. Click register. Your Wii number should be there.

D

Deleted member

I can't connect to the internet, I'm getting error code 51330. Anyone else have this problem?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
what's the context of the error? The only error i got was during my connection test. Are you trying to get an update? Are you trying to go to Wii shop or use the message board with friends?

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, well, if you insist that I give it to you, I shall.

Also, I've found out some further, encouraging information; my Wii may not have any problem at all...it just may be that the Wii Shop Channel will not work with dial-up.

D

Deleted member

I fixed it. It was getting that error when testing the connection, it saw it, but it wasn't connecting properly. To those who may have the same problem, change your G or B only to mixed.

Sensai

Smash Master
Just a BTW, the Wii does NOT seem to recieve messages/Mii's while playing a game, which is too bad.

Also, why is it that you have to 'connect' to the Wii Shop channel? Isn't the Wii always online, thus being already online when you want to shop? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
It's "online" in the sense that it can get and receive signals when prompted, but for the shop it has to recheck the current inventory and your account settings everytime, since it's not really something that would be helpful in the stored memory.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Just curious for when my Wii comes in. When you guys finish playing your Wii's, do you turn the console completely off or put it in a "stand-by" mode?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
huh? is there a standby mode? If you shut off the power the light changes to orange/red(remember, the Wii is never off).

primusfan

Smash Ace
how do you choose to put it in standby rather than power off?
I would guess that you press the power button once to put it in standby and you hold the power button to turn it off. I'm not sure though. The only thing i've done on a Wii so far is play Wii Sports. Do you guys leave your Wii's on standby 24/7 or turn it off when you're done?

Sensai

Smash Master
primusfan said:
Just curious for when my Wii comes in. When you guys finish playing your Wii's, do you turn the console completely off or put it in a "stand-by" mode?
By turning it off, it IS in standby mode. You make it so it goes into stand by mode by simply configuring your WiiConnect24 settings to this. It's really simple to do, trust me. You'll have no problems.

When you power your Wii down, it's either with a red power button, which stands for off, or an orange/yellow power button, which means it's off, but still online.

Chaos, I was referring to while you're actually playing games. Yes, it glows when you have a message (mine is right now, actually. It's freaking me out.), but you don't recieve messages while you're playing a game.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
i camped out friday at 8 30 am on friday to get a wii at 9 am on sunday, me and my friend were the only ones there until 9am saturday, i figured there would be a much larger waiting line for the wii but no one showed, i was #1 to get a wii that day tho which was sick.

anyways my questions is dose anyone have any good suggestions for cracking WEP encryptions with Linux? my house has an ecrypted signal and i've read how feds can crack it in 3 mins and how they did it but when i made the right Linux CD's <STD works good, also back track2> and used it on my moms laptop it wasn't connected to the internet. dose anyone know what to do to get a wireless internet connection to work on a laptop while its running linux on it?

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
I missed the pre-order, stupidly, but camped out with a few friends at 11:00PM the Saturday before...and got it!

Had to put up with some mooning...mocking...and honking cars and bright lights...and bitter cold...but I got it!

So far I've had no problems with it at all. A bit of synching problems with the controllers, but that was because I was stupid and didn't read the instructions...x_x

Wii Sports is a blast, I love Bowling, Tennis, and Boxing (even though I suck at Boxing).

And I'm 15 hours into Twilight Princess.

Lucked out with the fact that my dad has a Broadband Wireless Router. :grin: So I'm always on. I've already done the updates and sent myself some messages through my E-Mail and my Wii. :p Haven't tried to get my friends Wii codes yet though. That's on my "To-Do list" though.

Gotta love the Blue disk slot light...:), woke up in the middle of the night one time and just saw this bright blue light shining in my room with no other light at all. heh

Hope you all are having as much fun with your Wii's as I am with mine...that still sounds bad...x_x

<3

FireBomb

Smash Lord
There's no reason to be ashamed to say that you are playing with your Wii all day. Why, everybody nowadays is doing it. I think you'd be considered weird to have one and NOT play with it. Hold your head up high every now and then and proudly say "I play with my Wii!" to the heavens. The gods will smile at you.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Behold the genius of Nintendo. I brought my Wii to Thanksgiving and, after about ten minutes of trying to hook it up, had everyone, kinda, watching. I made Miis for my cousins, which they had a lot of fun watching, and played Wii Sports with my cousins. I have had the game for a week or so now, but it was so natural and easy that they beat me!!! Couldn't box though, the game I am best, at 1357 points, no nunchuk.

Zelda is very good, and Red Steel isn't that bad. Once you get used to the controls you realize it is a rather simple FPS with incredibly stupid AI. Wow, that wasn't a very good ad, was it? But it is fun.

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
Yea I bought the new zelda but I can't play it since I dont have a wii yet. I can't wait to play it though, I heard it *****.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
The one thing the Wii is seriously lacking right now is a **** good multiplayer game. Wii Sports is ok to start off, but it gets old after a while because you don't have a whole lot of control (in Tennis, you can't control your movement, in Golf, you can control your aim, etc.). Red Steel isn't very good, by any measure. The controls work perfectly, although I wish the Sword-Fighting recognized your moves better, but the multiplayer sucks. There are only 4 stages, you can't switch up the weapons, and you can only play deathmatch unless you have 4 people for "killer" - and I don't know about you guys, but that's not going to happen until the next smash-fest near me, or online. Speaking of which, what happened to online, Ubisoft? Maybe I should have gotten Far Cry or Call of Duty 3 instead. In every catagory except for control and graphics, Red Steel is worse than Ye Olde GoldenEye 007.

... So does anyone see the much-needed kick-*** online multiplayer-intensive FPS game in the Wii's future? Zelda is sick, but it will only entertain me for a while. (A long while).

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
That's what CoD3 could have been, just like its friends on 360 and PS3, but no MP? You've GOT to be kidding me.

Perhaps MP3 is being updated for MP, but we need a true online FPS.

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
I agree with that the Wii is lacking an exceptional multiplayer game. Wii Sports is freakin' awesome, but there aren't enough opportunities for four players yet. I say just give it time...this has great potential for awesome multiplayer games.

I'm content with Smash Brothers Melee until some amazing multiplayer game comes out for the Wii. Just wait for Brawl (if you're into it...if you're not, and you own any Nintendo console from 64 up then you have problems...). Brawl is going to be awesome. I heard Summer of '07? Maybe a bit before? iono

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget that Metroid Prime: Corruption(?) is coming out somewhat soon I think. I shouldn't be posting without exact dates...I'm just posting this on my break from my college work. x_x But that games should own so hard that you can't even comprehend it now.

<3

Sensai

Smash Master
MP3 is coming out sometime early next year. Q1, if I understand correctly.

And the problem with the Wii right now is -

Well, there are a few problems.

1) It doesn't seem like there are any long time 3rd party developers. Maybe this is just paranoia after the GC, but I'm really REALLY hoping people jump on the Wii. Surely they will, 'cause it takes the least amount to make games for.

2) Lack of online support 'til 'o7. 'Nuff said.

3) VC games need (read: NEED) to offer something new so that people who already have them in cartridge form will re-purchase them.

Listen to me Nintendo and ye shall rule!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
For the first...define long term devs. Square is making FF: CC. Ubisoft has tons of titles, Rare is owned by microsoft...i dunno, name some 'long time' third party devs that haven't signed on. Because I can tell you, there are a LOT of third party devs that have announced support.

Second problem. Did Xbox have live when it first came out? Did the PS2 utilize online less than a year after launch? Note I'm actually asking these, I don't know the answers. I do know that PS3 isn't online at launch. Nintendo Wifi is also free. As for Xbox Live on the 360, it wasn't very hard for them to port it from the Xbox and modify it. The only online program Nintendo has is on the DS, so they have to completely overhaul it for a console. As it is, they've already got the basics working, they just have as yet to implement it in game.

Here's an answer to your third problem.

http://thewiire.com/news/565/1/Virtual_Console_Game_Updates

basically says that devs can make progressive updates on VC games, and you can update free of charge if you already have bought the game.

SSb64 online anyone?

And no I don't need to hear you all tell me that's not going to happen since I'm just its more feasible now than it was.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
If someone wants to have multiplayer fun, you could try Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. There's around 50 multiplayer party games to play. Not all of them are great, but a lot of them will keep you entertained long enough.

And it's monkeys! In balls! Who can say "no" to that?

As for online, we're just going to have to wait...

Top Bottom