• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Went to GameStop the other day to preorder a Wii. Turns out that they ran out of preorders that morning. The guy said that they didnt have enough to provide for the line they had outside the store. I knew I should have skipped school.

But not all hope is lost. He said they could get another wave of Wiis sometime in the future. But this is to be determined.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Wow... Every time I see it, it appears smaller.

I wonder about something, though. How well can the wiimote re-orient it's position? I would imagine that when starting up the Wii, you would, of course calibrate the controller and sensor bar to make up for your TV's size, and the position of the sensor bar in respect to where you're standing and where your TV is, and that's all well and good, but...

... What happens when you take a step back? What if you're sitting on the couch, get uncomfortable, and move? Must you recalibrate it every time? I would imagine so, unless there's some ingenious system by which it actually determines how much it has move and reorients it's "Neutral" location. Of course, that's not impossible either - Maybe the 1 or 2 buttons will do it?

Just something to think, and or worry about.

PS: I know this is off topic as hell, and wouldn't mind if a mod snipped it out, but is my new signature any good? I suck at photoshop, but I think I'm getting a bit better.

Sensai

Smash Master
(Off topic in response to PA) I like the blur on your Mario.

That's not an actual picture of a Wiimote. That's actually a picture of a TV remote made to look like a Wiimote. I'm not sure if they're supposed to be the same size though, since I didn't read the article at IGN.

It's coming only to Japan.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Paranoid Android: I like your sig, but it looks really weird with your link avatar.

Anyways, even though I failed to preorder a wii, i did get a chance to reserve a controller, Red Steel, and Twighlight Princess today. Red Steel comes out on the fourteenth, so I'll be staring at it for 5 days before I can actually play it.

Man, I can't wait. I have enough money left for a wii and a classic controller. I'm only starting off with two wiimotes and a nunchuck.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I should change my avatar. Thanks for the comments... Now on topic...

I should go reserve a wiimote and a nunchuck so I can kick my brothers *** at multiplayer in Red Steel. In any case, the controllers come out before the system (if it goes like... all other launches), and I fully intend to keep it in my pocket until release, just for the nerd factor.
On a similar note, how early do people usually show up to midnight releases? I've heard anything from 6:00PM, to 9:00PM, to "They won't sell out - Just go early the next morning". Anyway, I guess I'm a bit anxious considering the release is still a month away but... I'm starting to run out of patience - It's a **** sexy console.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Remember when I said that the VC's going to be region locked? I spoke to a Nintendo guy at a Nintendo event yesterday, and they said that they're 50% sure that it'll just be regional locked to just english games. Hullooooooo SMrpg!

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
1: That controller thing is awesome - I tryed (for 5 minutes) to make a Wiimote using Blender, but it didn't turn out so well.

2: Thank ****ing god on VC games. Now I can get the original Fire Emblem, and Mario RPG. (And then comes Super Metroid, and maybe the original Smash).

Sensai

Smash Master
[Edit:]

Paranoid Android: What do you mean? Where are you from?

What do you guys mean 'Super Mario RPG, wooo', etc.? Are you talking about getting the original Japanese versions?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
2: Thank ****ing god on VC games. Now I can get the original Fire Emblem, and Mario RPG. (And then comes Super Metroid, and maybe the original Smash).
I was pretty sure that the first english Fire Emblem was FE7. If you meant number 1, which was in Japan only, you aren't going to be getting it.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
people are happy because if a game was released in one english speaking region but not another, they'll be able to download it. For example, Mic and I will be able to get games that were released in North America but not Australia.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Super Mario RPG completely slipped my mind, actually. I would seriously doubt they would hold that out, considering it IS a Mario game.

I think Earthbound was....

/searches

...Ape, Inc. and HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Nintendo has already announced that the VC will also be region encoded, meaning if it wasn't originally released in the US, you probably won't get it in the US.

So yeah, don't be too happy yet.

EDIT: read Mic's post. Never mind. Party on and stuff.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
We all know that games always arrive a day or two after their official ship/release date. Does this apply to games that launch with the Wii as well? Will I have to go back the day after launch in order to pick up my copy of TP. I'll already have Red steel(11/14 ship date) buti don't fell like waiting through two lines.

Also, do all Wii accessories arrive on launch day? WIll some arrive early or late?

As to the person who asked about sports in Wii Sports, Wii airplane may be included as well, but if a Wii motor sports title does arrise( Nintendo is unsure, strange as it may saound with only a month left before Wii Sports) airplane will be in that.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Games ship on Tuesdays, so I'm going to assume they'll have Twilight Princess there with your copy of Red Steel and let you pick it up the 14th. If stores "don't have it" before the 19th, then it's in a box in the back, with "STREET DATE: NOVEMBER 19th" written on it.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Bleh. I think my local EB Games is ********. Yesterday I phoned them asking them if and when they were doing preordering, and "Brian" immediately replied with "no." Then, today, I get an E-Mail saying they're doing preordering starting tomorrow.

I think I'm going to call them back today and see whats' up. If they are, I'm skipping school =\

smashman90

Smash Lord
Nice. I couldn't skip school and I wouldn't because:
A. My school is closed campus
B. There is no Eb near me.
C. the closest place that I could get a videogame is like a 30 min. drive
D. I don't have my D.L. yet.
E. My parents would kill me.

So I am doomed on preordering anything until after school or during the weekends.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Zink, I think it will be necessary to at least show up early. I don't know if camping out for six hours is necessary, but it's certainly possible. It really depends on your area. Heh... I should drive to a walmart surrounded by retirement centers.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I've reserved my Wii, and I'm camping on the day of release. Unfortunately many of the title I wanted for release have been pushed back... but I can wait for those.

Sensai

Smash Master
GJ. What titles did you want?

And...not to be picky, but you misspelled intelligent. If you're going to insult intelligence, ya gotta do it write!

(And yes, I know I misspelled that.)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
metriod, mario, (and even though it was pushed back months ago) SSBB, but hey what you gonna do, they'll come out one day and I'll play them then.

The misspelling was intentional, but thanks for pointing it out.

Top Bottom