• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Dial-up is still in those places where conservative Asian parents who, preferring to save money by doing such things as keeping the thermostat low even in the winter, would willingly have their child stick with dial-up since DSL/Cable is significantly more expensive.

Hell, it got to the point where I was d/ling 18 MB vids off of the hub, and it took 1.5-2 hours at a time. Holy crap.

. . .which makes me wonder just how I'm going to connect online with a Wii, since now that I've moved, I don't even have a phone line in my apartment. . .

Sensai

Smash Master
Thanks Omnigamer. It's reassuring to know that all's going well.

How long did you play with it, anyways?

Sucks you didn't get to preorder a Wii, though...you got to play one instead. Take the bad with the good, I suppose.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
They're now shipping 2 millions Wiis, not the 1 million as originally planned. If you go on launch day, I think you'll be able to find one fine. You might have to go to a few stores, but with 2 million out there, there's sure to be somewhere near you that has a couple.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Not at the moment, to my knowledge. In any case, you're probably pretty safe with 2 million coming into the country on launch day. In most places, there will be a few different places selling them (I can think of many: Target, WalMart, two different EB games stores, a Babages, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.). If you can't get your hands on a Wii with those kinds of options, then it's a more successful launch than I could imagine.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
I like the sound of this 2mil Wii business. This means that I may not need to camp and I can just drive around to get it. Hooray for laziness.

As for the front page, Filelodge must hate us. It didn't even load the first time I visited it.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Hahaha, believe me. I look at that thing at least 5 times a day, and it slows down the apparant time frame by a heck of a lot. Then again, it also reminds me I only have that much more time to accomplish things in my social life before it gets completely owned by this system. I mean, let's be real; once I get mine, I won't be letting go until I beat Twilight Princess.

School can wait; Wii can't :p Well, that's not true.. I'll just abuse my spare block being before and after lunch on most days.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Having 2 million Wii's available is good news for everyone, especially those who haven't pre-ordered. As far as stores taking more pre-orders, your best bet is to call the store nearest you. However, there's still a good chance that headquarters of said companies are still trying to figure out how to distribute the extra Wiis that are being allotted to them. I'd say try calling within the next few days or so.

As for camping out, I still say you may have to do it, you just have to go at 8:00PM Saturday instead of 7:00PM. <_<

32 days until launch. :)

Oh and Mic, where'd you get that list for the VC games?

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Rockettrainer, there's a very reliable list on the Wikipedia page for the Nintendo Wii. It has each game listed on a table with what company it's made by, if it's being released in Japan, North America, Europe, and Australia, and not only does it display the developers, but the publishers aswell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii

To my knowledge, that's the most accurate list.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I want by EB a couple hours ago to reserve a controller and nunchuck and they said the entire company's preorders have been shut off, and that they only found out because I went in there. Good thing I already have TP and Red Steel preordered. I don't think controllers should be hard to find, but you never know.

Sensai

Smash Master
I wasn't going to google something that was immediately followed by the word 'ejaculates.'

It also didn't seem to be on topic, so I thought it could've been some kinda ad for something or another.

I was also at school with the bell about to ring, didn't have time. See? 3.06. We're out at 3.10. Plus, I sure as hell didn't want it to be a pr0n site.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
For those of you who have HDTVs (which may or may not be a lot of you. . .I'm wondering how many do), Nintendo has officially confirmed that component cables with progressive scan compatiblity are coming out in the states. Yay.

Component Cables!!!!!

It was already revealed to be released in Japan, but now it's official: it's coming to the US, and available for $29.99. Unfortunately, they can only be bought online. And no, GC component cables aren't compatible with the Wii.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that those component cables can be bought at GameStop locations too...or I may be just making that up.

I got neg repped for not knowing what Ristar was. :-(

/sigh

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I have an HDTV, but my 360 is hooked up and it is really hard to get behind it to plug them in. I am fine with a standard TV for now.
How much do you think a decent HDTV would cost? Kinda want one for my room.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Yeah....that could take awhile....
I really need to get a job.
My parents said it was okay for me to camp at Wal-Mart (or whatever). so....this will be my first big wait. Any suggestions on what to do? Gameboy.....chair......money......phone.....ride....anything else?

Sensai

Smash Master
Camping may actually not be necessary if the rumors about the 2 million Wii's are true.

But, if you're going to camp, bring something to keep you entertained, for sure. Also, something to drink.

(I also got neg repped for posting too much, even though all of my entries are a good 6 hours+ apart...I assume I'll get neg repped for this post too. :-D)

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was 2 million by Feb or something like that. Is it 2 million on launch? That could help, maybe I won't camp after all. But just to make sure....don't know. Still a month left. Darn, there is still a month left.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
By February it was said to be 7 million I think. Which is a lot.. But yeah, go apply for a job somewhere right now Apple, save up or your T.V, and you may have it if you can work full time by the launch date, if not a few days over the launch. As for what to do.. Definitely bring a DS, Gameboy, and a spare GC controller just in case someone has a power source somewhere and brings a T.V, Gamecube, and Super Smash Brothers :p I'm bringing all four so me and my buddies can have a bunch of games to see if anyone else local plays.

I really, really hope it doesn't rain.

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
Wow people actually smash when there camping I might just go for that lol.
If I were you I would def take a PSP if you have one and watch some movies

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Mecko: 'Cause only god knows if there's any use for the PSP outside of that.

And the whole 2mil Wii thing was Slashdotted a day or two back, so I'm 90% sure it's fact.
Either way, I'm still gonna make a map of places to go and check for if they take preorders or not in case I'm slow to the roll on launch day. In any event, if I'm able to camp, I'll be taking my DS and doing some War Room stuff in Advance Wars DS, or doing level grinding in my Pokemon games. And, I dunno, a book or two to read or something.

I'm camping for sure.I don't know about the people who are saying"Nah,you don't need to camp,it'll be fine,i am just get a reservation later",but with determination like that it's gonna be difficult to get a Wii.Because reservations are over for the moment,and going in the morning on launch day is just gonna become a very difficut day because stores will be swarmed with lines.

If you don't have a reservation for the Wii,you better camp your *** off,your your gonna go through hell and high water trying to get one.I may sound alittle exagerated,but trust me,it will be diffcult to get one without camping,that is if you didn't get reservations.

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
I preordered TP and Red Steel... I'm not so sure Red Steel will be good, but it's the only decent looking FPS coming out in the launch window - Far Cry looks pretty good, but Red Steel may get some online multiplayer in the future.
red steel should be fun. especially since you have to swing your wiimote to use your sword. That'll be really fun! My only problem is i'm wondering if it'll be too short or too easy.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone seen the video of the guy playing Red Steel? (if it is in above video sorry, wouldn't download) the guy was taking the game way too seriously, he was ducking behind his couch and cringing. I saw it on TV so I don't have a link for it.

I am thinking of buying Red Steel and TP at launch too. But in this months EGM, which is pretty reliable isn't it?, it said MP3 Corruption was coming in Nov. I know everyone says it is 07 but now I have hope. Can someone officialy destroy this little hope so I can plan what to buy better?

(I got neg rep'd for needing a job, interested to know why....sorry)

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Haha, who gave me negative rep though? Someone left me negative rep for that post with the comment "no it aint." Oh well, thanks for the positive rep Phoenix Fire. But I want to know to whoever said "no it aint," how is that video not awesome? :laugh:

Top Bottom