• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^^

Fact. Obviously.

And I'll be getting Red Steel, but sadly, the only 2 games I really want are Zelda and Super Monkey Ball.

And I'mma watch that movie now.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
applejack said:
But in this months EGM, which is pretty reliable isn't it?, it said MP3 Corruption was coming in Nov
Magazines get there information about a month-2 months before the issue is in shops.

Zink

Smash Champion
I think for an FPS I'd really prefer MP3 to Red Steel. I have both previous MP games, and they were great. Red Steel looks decent, but since it's the first there might still be kinks to work out. Plus, Retro expressed the possibility of a multiplyer patch.

D

Deleted member

I preordered Excite Truck and Zelda when I preordered my Wii.

My friends think I'm crazy for preordering Excite Truck. What do you guys think? It looks fun. :(

D

Deleted member

Their first choice would be Red Steel, but as intense as that game looks, I just have a feeling the controls are gonna be awkward and butt.

REØ

Smash Lord
i'll try and buy one on the release date, im just getting a wii so i can play smash melee on it and that's it..........................at least until brawl is released

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
i'll try and buy one on the release date, im just getting a wii so i can play smash melee on it and that's it..........................at least until brawl is released
Seriously? The only game your interested in is SSB, even though there are other great titles like Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime Corruption, Red Steel, Monkey Ball, and such? You're spending $250 dollars on launch day to get a system so that you can play one game that works on a console you can easily get for 60 bucks until a year later when the only other game you see as worth while comes out?

... You're insane.

REØ

Smash Lord
i'm a really really huge fan of the super smash series, if it wasn't for brawl i'd be playing melee until the day i die i guess

Twilight Princess: maybe but i doubt it
Mario Galaxy: only seen a screen shot of it but not that interested
Metroid Corruption: looks addicting, but i doubt i'll get it
Red Steel: again looks great but i doubt i'll get it
Monkey Ball: the previous games were fun, not sure if i'll get this one
SSBB: YES ZOMG IM I HAVE TO GET IT *DIES*

also don't have enough money to get all of those games, if i do buy them i'm gonna start failing in school because only god knows how much time i put in my life onto a video game, but i will play all of thos ebecause at some point im gonna have a friend who boughtb one of those games, probably rent one, or my brother is gonna buy some of those games, other than that i'm sticking with melee until brawl

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I got neg rep'd for saying the guy was too into the game. The game is fun and the point of the Wii is immersion I know, but that made the game look (can't think of a better word) silly. He hid behind his knees and ducked behind the couch. (please don't neg rep me for this. I just wanted to say why I said that.)

Galaxy looks......okay. I have seen it played and it didn't really look as fun as some of the other games. I am going to get it of course (long live Mario!), I just want to know why everyone is saying it is so revolutionary. You mainly use the wiimote to jump from planets and spin, right? I just saw him running from a bullet Bill and jumping around though, I might have missed something.
How can you not want to get Corruption? I didn't really like the other two that much (just beat halo and wasn't used to not being able to look around when moving. annoying to have to always stop to look around), but MP3 looks so good! Grabbing shields and ripping them away (really wish Chief could do that, Jackels are really annoying) and being able to look around, and aiming with the wiimote. Can't wait until it comes out.

If you think brawl looks good now just wait until you can play online (assuming Nintendo does online well of course).

(please don't neg rep me for anything I have said. I am kinda afraid to post on here now because of it.)

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
I got neg rep'd for saying the guy was too into the game. The game is fun and the point of the Wii is immersion I know, but that made the game look (can't think of a better word) silly. He hid behind his knees and ducked behind the couch. (please don't neg rep me for this. I just wanted to say why I said that.)

Galaxy looks......okay. I have seen it played and it didn't really look as fun as some of the other games. I am going to get it of course (long live Mario!), I just want to know why everyone is saying it is so revolutionary. You mainly use the wiimote to jump from planets and spin, right? I just saw him running from a bullet Bill and jumping around though, I might have missed something.
How can you not want to get Corruption? I didn't really like the other two that much (just beat halo and wasn't used to not being able to look around when moving. annoying to have to always stop to look around), but MP3 looks so good! Grabbing shields and ripping them away (really wish Chief could do that, Jackels are really annoying) and being able to look around, and aiming with the wiimote. Can't wait until it comes out.

If you think brawl looks good now just wait until you can play online (assuming Nintendo does online well of course).

(please don't neg rep me for anything I have said. I am kinda afraid to post on here now because of it.)
Don't worry, he neg-repped me too. Paranoid was probably neg-repped aswell. He doesn't want to accept that it's a bad investment in money to buy this system for one game, especially since he won't be able to fully experience the new controllers if Brawl is the only game he's getting.

I have my doubts that Brawl will be the best game of the Wii; I actually think I'm going to enjoy Metroid Prime 3 over Brawl. But that's my own opinion; however, there are definitely more games worth getting for the Wii than just Brawl. You don't have to buy all the games; you can simply rent them to play them, but either way you're still missing out if you're only going to get the Wii to play Brawl.

(I +repped you apple)

REØ

Smash Lord

um why was i being neg repped here all because i want to save my money for brawl doesnt mean you guys have to neg rep me, and also stop accusing me for neg repping you guys i didn't do no such thing it was probably oen fo you guys neg repping all of us and framing me

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
cough cough. why would anyone waste their time - repping several people and then framing you. ooh, a forum grudge, they hate you so much that they'll get other people to - rep you even when they could just do it themselves several times with practically no consequences.

and it doesn't seem to make sense that you'll spend $250 now, but have to wait a year to save $50 for one game.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
correct. so when I buy a Wii, three games,(including Wii sports) and an extra controller with nunchuck, i'm spending$410. Course, you have to remember that to get the same on a PS3 is like $800.

FOr all the people complaining about the controller price. At max you're buying 4 or 5extra controllers(if 1 or 2 break for some reason, though i never had to get extra controllers for my cube). Remember that the games are only $50, as opposed to $60 on the PS3and 360. Most gamers will probably get at least 10 or more games over the course of the systems life. You're saving $100, more than enough for the extra money spent on controllers.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Wow, more than an actual game. Same problem with the 360. "game or controller" age old question. Kinda.
Well I couldn't think of another Wii game to buy so I'll buy a controller.
*sniff sniff* good bye Gears of War. have to wait.

Skywalker

Space Jump
It's shame Nintendo hasn't announced a bundle of the Wiimote and the Nunchuck for $49.99. That would be awesome.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

I doubt it'll be long before they see that they kinda messed up with their controller pricing. I bet their SD cards don't sell too well either.

Osco, no one (that I read) was complaining about rep, they were just responding to it by clarifying what they were neg repped for. Then they were scared about being neg repped again.

To whomever said that they were only getting Brawl...you're missing out a lot.

And to whoever said they were wondering about Excite Truck, I'm getting it too. It looks like fun and is probably one of the better looking Wii games so far.

Osco EDIT: "[giant picture]um why was i being neg repped here all because i want to save my money for brawl doesnt mean you guys have to neg rep me, and also stop accusing me for neg repping you guys i didn't do no such thing it was probably oen fo you guys neg repping all of us and framing me" It's not adding to the topic.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
If the most worthwhile PS3 package is the 600 dollar one as everyone seems to think, then you can get...

A Wii ($250)
4 Controllers with nunchuck ($240)
Wii sports (free)
2 Games ($100)
100 "Wii Points", good for 2 NES games, an SNES game, or an N64 game ($10)

Wii is obviously the biggest bang for the buck, so no one should be complaining about prices. Yes, those Nintendo endorsed SD cards are a rip off, but you don't (as far as we know) have to buy them rather than any other brand.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I never thought of it like that... The Wii seems very, very cheap in comparison to the PS3. I guess I shouldn't be complaining, then.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
PA, what you posted there adds up to $700. If you were trying to show what you could get for the price of the best PS3 package, maybe subtract it to two games rather than four.

I think that controllers for all systems cost too much. I shouldn't have to pay as much as (or more than) a game to play it.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo's allowed to get a few extra dollars due to their system being cheap by comparison to it's competition; I have no quarrels with supporting Nin a bit more. Osco316 does bring up a valid point ("...controllers for all systems cost too much"), but I'm only going to get a single extra controller for now, and it'll stay like that for a good deal of time.

I'm still a cheapass and will probably go for a non-Nintendo SD card, but everything else I'm not complaining about.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
PA, what you posted there adds up to $700. If you were trying to show what you could get for the price of the best PS3 package, maybe subtract it to two games rather than four.

I think that controllers for all systems cost too much. I shouldn't have to pay as much as (or more than) a game to play it.
There's no place for simple math on the internet.

Sensai

Smash Master
[Edit:]
This post is 95% number crunching. If you're interested in just the outcome, it's bolded.
[/edit]

As PA said after his edit:
250 (system)+ 240 (4 'full' controllers)=490.
10 (100 WP's) + 100 (games) =110.
...110 + 490=600.

That being said, NONE of that includes tax, nor does it include the fact that you need a 'standard' controller to play on the VC's games (I think that's another 20 dollars.)

So, here's a more accurate estimate, with 8% sales tax, as it is in Alabama.

250 (system) [+ 20 tax] + 240 (4 'full' controllers) [+ 19.20] =490 [+39.20]
10 (1000 WP's) [+.80] + 100 (games) [+8 tax] =110 [+8.80]
Standard controller 20 [+1.60 tax]

$669.60

Now do the math for a PS3.

Core version (which is what they're more likely to push)=500 [+40 tax] = 540 dollars, only box.
Premium version = 600 [+48 tax] = 648 dollars, only box.

So, ALL of that Wii stuff (plus standard controller) is $21.60 cents more then a premium PS3 and box....in Alabama.

All of that being said, I'm with Osco. The controllers cost entirely too much. I wonder how much they actually cost to make?

Has anyone seen the video of the guy playing Red Steel? (if it is in above video sorry, wouldn't download) the guy was taking the game way too seriously, he was ducking behind his couch and cringing. I saw it on TV so I don't have a link for it.

I am thinking of buying Red Steel and TP at launch too. But in this months EGM, which is pretty reliable isn't it?, it said MP3 Corruption was coming in Nov. I know everyone says it is 07 but now I have hope. Can someone officialy destroy this little hope so I can plan what to buy better?

(I got neg rep'd for needing a job, interested to know why....sorry)
Haha, who gave me negative rep though? Someone left me negative rep for that post with the comment "no it aint." Oh well, thanks for the positive rep Phoenix Fire. But I want to know to whoever said "no it aint," how is that video not awesome? :laugh:
Hmm....strange,i got neg rep for giving +rep.Who is this idiot??

But that was a very good video.=)

Top Bottom