• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Skywalker

Space Jump
[Ranting]
Personally, I was hoping Nintendo would focus on the games, and not include things like image-editing software. I have a computer; I can go to weather.com and use GIMP to edit photos.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Trust me, don't buy Pelican ANYTHING. You WILL regret it down the line. I don't care how cheap it is, it's worth the extra cost to buy something that wasn't made by them, and thus, will work.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Generally, you should avoid third party hardware whenever possible. My experiences with them have been a huge turn off. Controllers are possibly the worst. At the very least, stay away from Pelican and MadCatz - If Logitech made stuff for consoles, I'd o.k. them, though. They're generally quality, but no doubt, still wouldn't live up to the first party.

Sensai

Smash Master
I have a MadCatz memory card...it works great.

But, I wouldn't trust any other 3rd party stuff, past memory cards. Speaking of which, is Nintendo making an SD card?

[Edit:]

Went to Target and those things are NOT demo booths. They're just where Target's ready to sell.

I like GameDaily...don't be hatin'.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Sensai, is that all you were talking about, the display stands? You really had me confused.

so how about it? mod powers for me sounds good right?

anywho, here is a list of 3rd party developers developing for Wii.

Total Third-Party Count = 77

Activision
AQ Interactive
AGFRAG
ASNetworks
Artdink
Atari
Atlus
BANPRESTO
Barking Lizards
Blitz Games
Buena Vista Games
Capcom
Cellien Studios
Cing
Compile Heart
Coresoft
Crossbeam Studios
D3Publisher
Day 1
Eidos
Electronic Arts
Emerging Entertainment
EPOCH
Epyx
From Yellow to Orange
From Software
Gearbox Software
Genki
Grand Prix Games
Grasshopper
High Voltage
Hudson
Ignition Entertainment
Interactive Brains
Interchannel-Holon
IR Gurus
JALECO
Koei
Konami, Kojima Studios
Krome Studios
Lucasarts
Majesco
Marvelous Interactive / Natsume
Mastiff
Matsuno - Unknown Studio Name
Midway Games
Milestone
MTO
Namco Bandai
Nippon Ichi
Neko Entertainment
NIBRIS
oeFun, Inc
Papaya Studios
Pronto Games
Red Tribe
Route24
SEGA
Sensory Sweep
SNK
Spike
Square Enix
Starfish SD
Success
Taito
Take-Two
Tecmo
Terminal Reality
The Game Factor
THQ
TOMY
Totally Games
Tuna Technologies
Ubisoft
Vivendi Universal Games, Sierra Online
Warner Bros. Interactive
Yukes

According to an IGN Insider Mathu83, the latest issue of the Official Nintendo Magazine reveals the following about ReedSteel:

“Controls have been vastly improved, due to three aspects. Final build Wiimote, refined sensor bar (most likely the one we saw last week at the Nintendo World Store), and Ubisoft’s time spent tweaking the game. Gesture towards defeated enemies to tell them where to go. Some aspects of the game are still a secret.”

“Graphics are simply amazing. Forget everything you have seen from all the Red Steel videos up until now. Unbelievably smooth character animations, night time dojo level is gorgeous, rain and lighting storm is very well done, compared to RE4’s village area, but more impressive.One portion of the game has you escaping a burning dojo that features ” the best fire effects we’ve ever seen”. Version of the game played was 16:9 widescreen 480p at 60 frames per second.”

CHEAP COMPONENT CABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Third-Party accessory company Pelican is manufacturing component cables for the Wii according to my US wholesaler contact. While an original cable might cost around $60 or so, Pelican’s Component Cable accessory should cost as little as $15! The following is a description of the item:

“Component Video Cable Wii. Pelican’s Component Video Cables provide more color detail than S-Video and are an ideal solution for using your Wii with your HDTV. Delivers a more vivid and vibrant picture and true 75-Ohm impedance for the ultimate home theater experience.”

Also pre-orders for PS3 started today.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159525.html

by the time u read this they are all ready gone,AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, but the good news is that when i went to gamestop they said the wii preorders WILL HAPPEN this week. so i suggest yall all go to gamestop by friday and try and reserve a wii. i know the link to the PS3 thing is off topic,sorry.
TGM, giving you modship would be like giving an AK-47 to a toddler, or nukes to Castro: not only do they not know how to use them or know what they're for, but they become a danger to themselves and others. :p (I quoted the whole post to prove the point. :chuckle: ) Quit trying so hard and you might be surprised at how your can rep improve. :)

Generally, you should avoid third party hardware whenever possible. My experiences with them have been a huge turn off. Controllers are possibly the worst. At the very least, stay away from Pelican and MadCatz - If Logitech made stuff for consoles, I'd o.k. them, though. They're generally quality, but no doubt, still wouldn't live up to the first party.
Yeah, ditto, except for MadCatz memory cards, I've never had trouble with mine. I haven't used many Logitech products, though...

Oh btw, lol at Osco.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea..i gotta admit logitech makes some pretty decent stuff. from my experience though, your better off buying their cheapest products. They're more fancy stuff...like computer controlelrs w/ rumble, slo mode, autofire, etc, etc is usually making up for a lousy control pad. their 10 dollar ones are perfect though.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Signature violations ahoy!

The Great Marth, you're so close to being room banned. Permanently.

And to the guy who asked; no, my father is not a drill sergeant, but he is a hard ***.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Signature violations are a pain. :Þ

*cough*

Anyway. Going with the general idea that "all 3rd party hardware is terrible" won't get you too far... there's always a need to research items before purchase. For example, I use Nyko Air Flo controllers for all of my competitive SSBM tournaments, and they've worked great for me for almost 3 years now. My Iomega memory card has lasted the life of my gamecube, despite having the casing crushed by an accident with a chair and held together by scotch tape. I use pelican wires for my DC, and they work perfectly. There are definitely bad/defective pieces of equipment out there, but so long as you research into what you're going to buy before you make the purchase, you can steer clear of 90% of the bad stuff.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I usually find what's above the sigs is worse, but then again, this isn't the brawl room.

Sensai

Smash Master
Hm..I was unaware there was even a way to get in trouble for a signature.

Ah well, it happens. Now you're gonna have me scared to even put my signature on anything...

Is this ok?!

/scared

Why is TGM so close to being room banned, anyways? Just for asking for admin?

Man...your father IS a hard ***. (Just joking around, if you can't tell)

:-D

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Why is TGM so close to being room banned, anyways? Just for asking for admin?
He contributes nothing but links. Highly annoying. I've banned the guy before, it was only temporary though. I'd love to make the next one permanent.

Wiiiii.

Sensai

Smash Master
Donutt101 said:
Mic_128 wins.
Ouch. Now, now, you don't mean that I'm sure. That, or you must think my sig is just the image of awesome.

I was just kinda in a spiteful mood. Pay that post no attention...

I'm not so sure that I mind all the info that TGM is dishing out. Some of it's helpful, such as the thing about the cords from Pelican or the useful, albeit long, list of current developers for the Wii.

Then again, that was a LONG post...

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
wish i could afford a wii when it comes out, but i'll have to at least wait il christmas.
theres too many launch titles i want (which is a surprise coming after the cube)

Sensai

Smash Master
Really? I looked over the list and let out a weird kind sigh.

Red Steel, LoZ, and possibly Rayman.

....what else?

(I have a feeling I'm forgetting a HUGE one.)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I was refering to the Brawl room posts rather than ones here.

Is Wario Ware still a launch title? I haven't seen it mentioned much in lists which is starting to make me a bit nervous.

Now I've got some info of my own. Watch how it's done TGM.

The Wii's ethernet adapter's been revealed and it'll cost $30 US

The Wii's official SD card, 512 meg for about $40US

A variety of diferent Wii-TV cables, 30 bucks a pop, excepot the standard ones which are 10.

Oh, and the power pack can be bought for $35 if you manage to lose one, though it looks like it'll use the same one as the cube did, though I'm kinda guessing since it's a small pic.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
He contributes nothing but links. Highly annoying. I've banned the guy before, it was only temporary though. I'd love to make the next one permanent.

Wiiiii.
Your so mean to me. i put the links there cause its easier forme to do so. yall are lazy. just click on the links. the things i post are 100% dumb. some of them are kinda neat....

so can i be a mod now? it could be like a low low level modness. i wont abuse it, i have no reason to. i really want my name to be in red!

ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was taken from cubed^3

Nintendo Conference | All the Wii/DS Details from Japan

By Adam Riley (jesusraz)
11.10.2006 08:47

There was a low-key Nintendo conference over in Japan and now we can bring you all the details straight from the event, courtesy of neo2046 and Jonnyram from NeoGAF and summarised by Amir0x.

First of all, Shigeru Miyamoto has unveiled something called a 'Health Pack' (working title) for Nintendo's Wii, which is related to Family Health Check;

Following the half-million selling Cooking Navi for DS, a new edition will be made available. Called "DS Menu Collection" it will have 1,000 in-built recipes and comes with a magnetic stand that attaches to your fridge, so you do not have to leave your vulnerable DS by the cooker (it will cost an extra 1,200Yen). It is also Wi-Fi compatible!

More videos have been released, which can be seen here: Wii-Experience;

As of next Spring (2007), Nintendo will apparently do away with discs and manuals for some games as part of the "Wii Compact Software" line, meaning you can simply download the titles;

From launch until the end of 2006, Japan will see 18 Wii games launched;

Nintendo will be following the successful strategy taken with the DS for the Wii's life;

Big Brain Academy on Wii will not be released until Spring 2007;

Including titles from the MegaDrive and PC Engine, there will be about 60 Virtual Console games launched in Japan before the end of 2006;

Japan will see The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on Gamecube released ONLY online.

Wii Points Prepaid Card Details

1,000Yen = 1,000 Wii points

3,000Yen = 3,000 Wii points

5,000Yen = 5,000 Wii points + classic Controller

Other Pricing Details

Power brick = 3,000Yen

Composite cable = 1,000Yen

S-Video = 2,500Yen

D terminal = 2,500Yen

Component cable = 2,500Yen

512MB SD Card = 3,800Yen

Wired LAN Adapter = 2,800Yen

More accessory details can be seen here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/accessories/index.html

When more details become available, we will update you as soon as possible...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

wii compact software............WTF is that? has anything else been said on it?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
but will you please answer me question?

wii compact software............WTF is that?
Had you read what you posted....

As of next Spring (2007), Nintendo will apparently do away with discs and manuals for some games as part of the "Wii Compact Software" line, meaning you can simply download the titles

Sensai

Smash Master
Haha...turning off your sig is the way to please everyone now a days, huh?

Wii Compact Software...hmm...sounds just like Digital Distribution.

And to that I say: BLAH!

And why would ANYONE buy a 512 SD card for 40 when they can get a gig one for about 30? Or is the Wii only going to use a certain type?

And anyone know how big games are going to be, etc? I already have a 512 I (kinda) use for photots...

And Mic_128...he's obviously not literally asking what it is. He's asking WHY they're doing it and showing his opposing feelings towards it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And Mic_128...he's obviously not literally asking what it is. He's asking WHY they're doing it and showing his opposing feelings towards it.
It's hard to understand emotions via text when words are spelt correctly and grammar's perfect, it's imposible with that gibberish.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
It's hard to understand emotions via text when words are spelt correctly and grammar's perfect, it's imposible with that gibberish.
its the internet, not a college english paper so i can spell the way i want.

and the reason why i posted the question was because im confused. does it mean all Wii/GCN games will now be distributed thru the net instead thru stores? or is it the previously made games that will be distributed thru the net....like SSBM....

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=163499 <--not spam--it's for the good of all.

You can spell the way you want on a college paper too, but it's not going to get you anywhere.

primusfan

Smash Ace
I've said it before and i'll say it again. We need an accessory that can recharge the Wii-mote. Sorry if i'm being repetitive about this but i'm gonna be playing this thing a lot and I don't wanna have to change the **** batteries so often. I already know about rechargeable batteries but the ones I have suck so I don't really trust them too much.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't be too worried about having to constantly change batteries. Unless, you're gonna play like...the whole day, which you might have some problems then. But still, I doubt it.

And I'm sure they'll come out with things to help it use batteries more efficiently.

I'll repeat my question, too.

Sensai said:
And why would ANYONE buy a 512 SD card for 40 when they can get a gig one for about 30? Or is the Wii only going to use a certain type?

Zink

Smash Champion
I have a related question. I don't know how these memory types work. Is a card required to save, or can you save to the flash onboard?

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope this dont happen with Wii

i know this is not wii related. and the PS3 board is dead.please dont be mad at me its a really neat find......

this is for the 100$ put down. not even the whole thing is paid off.

Sensai

Smash Master
Yes, a card is required to save. It's an SD card. The things that go in cameras that are referred to as the memory cards, if you happen to have a digital camera.

To the Ps3 thing...that's absurd. Not only is that not a Ps3, that's not even a guarentee that they'll get it on that date.

Looks like it's going to be a CRAZY Xmas for anyone who wants a Ps3.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Wii Pre-order friday?

http://thewiire.com/news/513/1/GameStop_Wii_Preorders_Begin_Oct_13

while listed as confirmed from thewiire, Kotaku could not manage to confirm it. On the other hand, at least one gaemstop employee asked their manager when preorders would begin, and was told "Definately sometime this week".

The PS3 pre-orders were no announced until the night previous to the preorder, so if friday is true then we'll say confirmation late thursday night. As for me, I'm planning to be at gamestop Friday.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Nice catch, ChRed2AKrisp. I may very well go down and preorder it friday. I wasn't going to, with there being so many more Wii's out there than PS3's, but if 400,000 can only go for 8 to 16 a store, I don't want to fight those who also want my system of choice.

And I've seen higher bids of the PS3 on ebay. And on the day that preorders were announced, too. Absurdity abound.

And as for the memory cards, I'm assuming that the system'll take any type of card, so that you can use the Wii's programs to pseudo-photoshop pictures from your camera. Maybe big N will make it so that you can only save game data on their cards?..

Top Bottom