• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii speak + Brawl wifi: Accept or Deny

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Excluding on team battle and Free for all just with friends only
I'd follow this idea But talking might cause some brawlers to lose focus so i'll deny it.

Anyone have a opinion on this idea?

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I was thinking the same thing! I would love it but i would only talk about the fight lol.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I was thinking the same thing! I would love it but i would only talk about the fight lol.
Yeah. putting to good use to recently i bought a wii speak but just for the new monster hunter tri coming out on the 20th and i didn't want it to be only useful when i play the game.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Well, i would only use it with my real life friends now that i think about it cuz people might get mad and start cussing major O_o. Someone did that using the names in the select character screen D:

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I would use it only with friends. Other people aren't always nice.

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
well the option to do this would be fairly acceptable since in most competitive games you want to trash talk after the match is over or talk to them during the match to make them lose focus, i mean thats not a violation of any rule so its legal

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I refuse to have anyone on my roster that uses cuss words in there name or taunts or on there profile.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
well the option to do this would be fairly acceptable since in most competitive games you want to trash talk after the match is over or talk to them during the match to make them lose focus, i mean thats not a violation of any rule so its legal
In game Smack-Talk to gain the psychological advantage is suffice.
I second this quote.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I refuse to have anyone on my roster that uses cuss words in there name or taunts or on there profile.
Ugh, everyone does this for me. And i ain't allowed to cuss so i'm always a little paranoid that a cuss will pop up for the name and my mom might walk by.
To both these statements: If swearing over wii speak is something that bothers you then whats stopping them from swearing over the headline space i had a bud who had "No more gay ****" as his headline even though the wii is only in my room i still deleted him.

because they dont want their online service to turn into xbox live
True dat.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I would accept both being able to text (If you have a PS3 youll know what I mean) to someone as well as have wii speak.

Variable

Smash Ace
I would like the feature. I mean you'd still have all of the muting options, and you could just talk to the people you want to, ignore and mute anyone you don't. Plus it's a little annoying playing with friends and not being able to talk to them. This way you could ask which map to play, or tell him you have to go to the bathroom, or do something real quick. I think that if they could make it a safer, and more of a child friendly feature, then it would be very useful and fun. Plus it could help in 2v2s, if they made it to where each team had there own channel, and not an open channel with all four players talking. Not only could you strategize with your partner/friend but have a normal conforsations if you wanted to.

All around, it could be a good idea, if constructed properly, but if they mess it up, it could be disasterous, but knowing Nintendo, I think that they could pull it off.

Top Bottom