• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Trainer Moveset Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So I just made an interesting connection.

If you look at the footage of Sun Salutation and Deep Breathing, you can see that little swirl of lines in pink and blue around her when she successfully uses DB or launches a full charge SS.

I realized, that swirl is the same type of animation used when you get healed when eating something. You can see it during the WiiU stages preview at Halberd where Marth eats one of Diddy's peanuts.

Now, that animation appearing for Deep breathing makes sense, indicating that she's been "powered up" But considering the same animation is used after launching a full charged Sun Salutation, do you suppose it will have a hidden effect? Personally, I hope so.

Peterawr

Smash Cadet
I think it would have been funny for the WFT trainer carry the wii balance board around with her and smack people with it/throw it at people like a heavy projectile.

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
We all know what Wii Fit Trainer's down B does, but it seems like we'll have to wait till E3 to see how exactly it works. I came up with the following theories:

1) Activated on attack: Basically, you can hold it like a charge attack and it will have the following sub categories: A) The next attack you throw out will be super powered. B) Once you activated it it will be a very short buff for a few attacks. C) the buff will apply for all the attacks in a true combo [While the enemy is in hitstun]

2) Short time buff: Once you down b, you will have a the buff for a short time. this could have some categories such as: A) It is a short time or till you throw or maybe hit with an attack, which ever comes first. B) It's a shorter time then we think, but you can either refresh the time or less likely, add more time to it by down B--ing again allowing you to have the buff indefinitely as long as you can find time to down B in between attacks [Think Hakan from SF4]

3) Nintendo and Namco cant balance it and getting desperate changes the whole thing to work more like a smash ball where you first have to down b to charge it, then carry it with you where you can down b again to activate it and you wont be able to access it till some sort of cool down period.

4) Quick time event: you hold down B like a charge but you have to release at a specific time, and how well you do could deterime its effectiveness. IE, Premature could only give you a slight bonus, a little early grants you half, and on the mark, full.

These are all the ideas on how I thought it could work. Feel free to speculate on any of these ideas or submit your own.

Last edited:

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. A bold prediction as no move in smash history has been based in being a QTE. this gives way to option 4 which I'll add above.

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
Looks legit. Seems like its a binary thing: you either get the buff or you dont, but is there anything on how it will last? One move? As long as you are combo-ing? A set period of time?

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Looks legit. Seems like its a binary thing: you either get the buff or you dont, but is there anything on how it will last? One move? As long as you are combo-ing? A set period of time?
At 29:49, she loses the buff as soon as she uses Sun Salutation. I think that getting it closer to the circle in the middle will increase how powerful the buff to that one move is.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I've done long amounts of research on this move, (and other of her moves) and basically everything samsparta21 has said is right. :p

It's likely that it's timing based, don't input again and fail. It also might have a timing based reward degree, as seen in two different clips where she "power up" poses differently depending on how close to the red circle the gray line was when it was activated. And unfortunately, it looks like it will only last for one move at a time. (Like a charged projectile) The true workings of this are unknown though. It's also, unknown what degree of her attacks are powered up, but it apparently does power up Neutrals, and Sun Salutation. So I wouldn't be surprised if it buffed her other specials powers'. Crossing my fingers it can give her a kill throw. xp

People will really need to test her specials if she's available at Best Buy demos. Even though I'm planning to try Zelda first if I can get to a best buy, I'll definitely need to try WFT at least a little.

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
WFT's Recovery seems to be the same as little mac's in that it's totally vertical. You can see that her jumps are better in distance covered, but it looks like looks to be terrible off stage since the up b wont cover vertical distance. She'll be vulnerable to things like Mario's cape and metors and smashes that well send WFT farther off stage.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Copy, Paste.

Well, her side B can actually air stall at least once, and you're at the same time launching a "lethal" projectile at your ledge guarder.

Her jumps are decent and so is her air mobility, and the hula hoops will likely act as hit-boxes while she's rising and they will fly up and off of her and act as temporary projectiles above her. It also appears they can go slightly in the direction of your movement, letting you toss them at your ledge guarder.

Also, if it matters at all, her double hit aerial (NAir) was shown with very quick IASA in one clip a while ago, and it has unique diagonal coverage.

Even with those things in mind, she'll likely will still have some trouble recovering. As her options are still not very diverse. But she definitely has good enough recovery capabilities.
As I said, though, she'll likely NOT be on the higher end of the spectrum of recoveries, but I think it'll will work enough. Good players will find the way to use it and recover more often than not. Which is what would be needed.

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
Lets keep this thread going! Any thoughts/ideas about her custom move sets? Keep in mind that custom moves add different properties to the moves. What do you think the Trainer's alternate moves will be?

Neutral B: Sun Salutation
Variation 1: Sends out a slow, but large projectile that hits multiple times and deals fire damage.
Variation 2: Same speed and power as original projectile, but will freeze opponents instead of knocking them back so far.

Side B: Soccer Heading
Variation 1: 3 different items will come out at random, the soccer ball, a panda head, and a shoe (just like the game!). The ball now has the properties of the item Soccer Ball, it's fast and has great knock back, but has much less range. The panda head and the shoe will just deal small damage to WFT. There's a 50/50 chance of getting the ball or panda/shoe
Variation 2: Summons the soccer ball item. Only one can be out at a time like Diddy's bananas.

Down B: Deep Breathing
Variation 1: Instead of powering up SS, it heals 10%
Variation 2: Instead of healing, it powers up all moves for some time increasing damage and knock back. I think it should work like Lucario's aura ability, the higher your % the longer the boost lasts and the stronger your attack/knock back.

Up B: Hula Hoops
Variation 1: You can mash B during the move to increase the height of the move, but the Hula Hoops don't damage the opponent.
Variation 2: The Hula Hoops light on fire and hits multiple times before knocking the opponent back. Of course the tradeoff will be a decrease recovery distance.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Should we be looking at the different hitboxes as possibly different moves? Like looking at FTilt as FTilt for the hand and BTilt for the foot?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Two wii fit trainers on FD should be able to play Tekken Volleyball. Taking turns strarting with side-B.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Deep breathing and custom moves
What can they possibly do to Deep Breathing when it comes to customisation?

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Moveser Analysis
Greatest strengths: speed, recovery, range

Greatest weakness: KO power

People had their doubts about the Wii Fit Trainer’s potency, but rest assured, she’s deadly. Her long and skinny limbs make her range something to fear, while also making her tricky to hit despite her tall frame. She moves quickly and her attacks come out quickly, but she’s a bit floaty when it comes to fall speed. This sporadic stat spread makes her somewhat comparable to Samus, but they play nothing alike. Her strange yoga pose moves are a lot easier to get used to than you’d think, and she actually ends up feeling like one of the most intuitive characters to control after a few games.

Jab
– hand slice, knee, lunge – 3, 2, 3

This three piece combo starts quickly and ends with a nasty surprise. If you get hit by her foot on the third hit of her jab, you’ll get planted in the ground as if you stepped over a Pitfall or got hit by Donkey Kong’s headbutt. Although it doesn’t stun opponents for too long, you can definitely follow up from this into combos, or even KO moves when your opponents are at higher percents. You’ll definitely be seeing a lot of this move from Wii Fit Trainer hopefuls.

Forward tilt
– reach/leg lift – 9

Wii Fit Trainer gracefully stretches her arm forward and lifts her leg behind her, hitting on both sides. This move covers her body excellently and can pop opponents up for combos with the back hit.

Up tilt – arm in air – 10

Wii Fit Trainer stretches her arm above her. Another great combo starter.

Down tilt
– knee swing – 12

Wii Fit Trainer holds herself up by her hands and swings her knees forward. This move does a lot of damage, but I recall it being kinda slow.

Dash attack – triangle – 6

While dashing, Wii Fit Trainer slides on the ground and stretches her arms and legs to make the shape of a triangle with her body, plus one arm behind her. A quick move that propels her forward and also shrinks her frame to make her more difficult to hit while simultaneously covering most of her body.

Forward smash
– stomp/stretch – 16-22

WFT stomps her foot forward and stretches her arms out on both sides of her, hitting from in front and behind. Decently strong and can be used to KO at higher percents.

Up smash – can opener – 16-21

Striking a pose with one bent up and her hands above her head, this move can be used for juggles and possibly KOs once you’ve racked up enough damage.

Down smash – arm/leg outstretch – 10-14

The Wii Fit Trainer gets down on one knee and stretches out one arm and one leg. Hits both sides and comes out fairly quickly, but it isn’t very strong.

Neutral air – toe touch – 5, 9

WFT reaches for her toes and curls her lower body upward, producing two hits. Very quick and covers her whole body.

Forward air – up forward chop – 6 hand, 10 foot

Stretching one arm up forward as well as one leg behind her, this move hits on either limb. Interestingly enough, even though it’s her forward air, her foot that comes out behind her has more damage and knockback.

Back air – dropkick – 14

This move is comparable to the standard dropkick back airs of Mario, Kirby, and the like, though I’m sure it’s actually a yoga pose that I’ve never heard of. I’m sure this character’s section would have been a bit easier to write if I knew anything about yoga…nonetheless, this move hits behind WFT and is quite fast and strong.

Up air – wave – 10

Raising her arms above her head, the Wii Fit Trainer waves them horizontally a bit. This move is an amazing combo starter and extender, granting her ample opportunity to jump up and smack opponents away with a follow-up.

Down air – stomp – 13

Wii Fit Trainer stomps her feet in the air in some vaguely yogic action. This move is a meteor smash, so it sends opponents downard.

Neutral B – Sun Salutation – 5-18

WFT stretches upwards and backwards while charging, then leans forward to shoot a charged ball of energy. This functions like Samus’s Charge Shot in that it gets bigger and stronger as it charges, and you can press a shield button to cancel and store the charge. The full projectile doesn’t seem to be particularly powerful, but it’s certainly good and does solid damage.

Side B – Soccer Ball – 10 (may do as much as 15 if you press B again) WFT pulls out a soccer ball and headbutts it forward with a slightly downward arc. It functions very similarly to the Soccer Ball item, so it can be hit around by other characters once it’s on the stage. Up B – Hula Hoop - 5 Hula hoops spawn around WFT’s body and she rises upwards while dancing inside of them with her hands above her head. Repeated presses of B will make her travel further, and you can aim her trajectory with the control stick. This move goes quite a long distance when maxed out, making her recovery rather formidable.

Down B – Deep Breathing A filled red circle and a thin white outline of a circle spawn around Wii Fit Trainer, with the red circle attached to her torso and the white one a varying distance around her. The white outline gradually shrinks and converges into the red circle, and you must press down B again when the two meet. If you properly execute this, Wii Fit Trainer receives roughly 5-7 seconds of power buffs to her moves. Sometimes the white circle is really small, other times it’s slightly bigger or really big–the size seemingly varies randomly, but it influences the timing for a successful Deep Breath.

Source:
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/article/competitive-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds/

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
With this new info on WFT, I might have to try her out. Her jab pitfalls people, how insane is that? Sure, the last hit looks like it has short range and you can probably DI out, but still, that's pretty crazy.
Deep breathing and custom moves
What can they possibly do to Deep Breathing when it comes to customisation?
They could give it a number of effects other than the damage boost: speed boost, higher jumps, healing (trade power boost for more healing), an explosion around her, a counter, gravitating items/opponents towards her etc.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
With this new info on WFT, I might have to try her out. Her jab pitfalls people, how insane is that? Sure, the last hit looks like it has short range and you can probably DI out, but still, that's pretty crazy.

They could give it a number of effects other than the damage boost: speed boost, higher jumps, healing (trade power boost for more healing), an explosion around her, a counter, gravitating items/opponents towards her etc.
Considering how multihits currently work in ssb4, I believe the last jab will connect a lot, Doop bro.

Nice ideas on vB.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Here's a Famitsu article focusing on WFT's special moves. There's some stuff we know already but also info on Sun Salutation's custom versions.

https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/page70wiifittrainertranslate1

OMG awesome find! I LOVE the 2 different SS options. Pushing seems nice for camping, and Concentration seems good for racking type camping. Soccer ball actually takes 2 inputs, interesting... Also, I was certain Hoops didn't only go that low distance. I guess no one thought to rapid tap it.

Overall, it looks like her specials take a LOT of inputs. Which is neat.

EDIT: Also, definitely ONLY using these names.

"Fiery Hoop Dance" seriously, this one is just boss sounding IMO.

Last edited:

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
OMG awesome find! I LOVE the 2 different SS options. Pushing seems nice for camping, and Concentration seems good for racking type camping. Soccer ball actually takes 2 inputs, interesting... Also, I was certain Hoops didn't only go that low distance. I guess no one thought to rapid tap it.

Overall, it looks like her specials take a LOT of inputs. Which is neat.

EDIT: Also, definitely ONLY using these names.

"Fiery Hoop Dance" seriously, this one is just boss sounding IMO.
WFT still making you exercise. Starting to think those Extreme Wii Fit memes are actually targeted towards the player..

The concentration SS looks like a good method of controlling space, and a good combo opportunity while it hits the opponent. I really do hope that WFT has a lot of combo potential.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
The concentration SS looks like a good method of controlling space, and a good combo opportunity while it hits the opponent. I really do hope that WFT has a lot of combo potential.
I'm a little confused by this statement. Concentration SS has the same amount of endlag AFAIK, the "no recovery" I believe refers to the 1% you can heal for a full charged normal SS.

Unless you mean something entirely else...

Last edited:

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
I'm a little confused by this statement. Concentration SS has the same amount of endlag AFAIK, the "no recovery" I believe refers to the 1% you can heal for a full charged normal SS.

Unless you mean something entirely else...
oops meant the slow moving larger SS. my bad.

It also says that she has "various ways to heal herself". So I'm wondering if she has any other moves that would heal. Maybe the fiery hoop dance but who knows.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Ahh, I thought you might've meant Pushing SS.

Also, I like the part from Fiery hoop dance--"Button mashing makes it more intense" So, perhaps aside from long distance, it gets more powerful? I hope so.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
>Fiery Hoop Dance
>Button Mashing Makes it go higher

Something I called as a neat feature since day one. And it ended up being true.

Last edited:

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
Here's a gameplay vid showing the potential distance of her recovery. At :51 you can tell the player is mashing, then around 1:30 he does it again without mashing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KehLGMAxIPY

Not sure about if damage is increased, seeing as how the player didn't land a hit with a mashed up B, I'm not sure how much damage it does at all, but at least the Fiery Hoop Dance travels well both vertically & horizontally.

EDIT: A LOT of mobility and control during the recovery as well (not sure if old)

Last edited:

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
You not going to update the first page?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
This is a speculation thread, not an informative thread.
Thanks to get into my attention that it serves no purpose anymore and it has to be locked in order to have a new, more proper, informative thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom