• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Trainer confirmed!

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone notice that her screenshots only show her in the Wii U version and not 3DS? Sakurai said there would be an equal number of characters but he never said they would all be the same.
Villager doesn't either. Wonder what that's about.

Have to admit that I wasn't thrilled about Wii fit trainer at first, but the trailer helped me warm up to her. Like her or hate her, you have to admit she's got a pretty unique style.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Villager doesn't either. Wonder what that's about.

Have to admit that I wasn't thrilled about Wii fit trainer at first, but the trailer helped me warm up to her. Like her or hate her, you have to admit she's got a pretty unique style.
Its only been a few hours and this is already the weirdest installment of the Smashbros Series. However, I'm so excited to see her in a decent-length gameplay video.

killazys

Smash Cadet
She doesn't look so bad to me. Watch her be top tier, haha. I wouldn't even mind..

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I guess she's unique... animation-wise, at least. Take those away and she's pretty much a very straightforward character (as far as we've seen). I guess I really do feel like she'd be funnier as an assist trophy doing a yoga dance of destruction across the stage.
And, again, she kind of freaks me out.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
eh still better than Krystal
Way better than Krystal.

I love this reaction video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iktxi6tPBPw
It also contains unedited gameplay footage of her in action controlled by Sakurai using a Wii U Pro Controller...
wait are those staggered analog sticks?
I hope when he says "she's very good against characters like Bowser" that's just a fat joke, because the big, slow characters really do not need characters specifically designed to wreck them. They have it bad enough already.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So is the main page unavailable because they're adding character forums and stuff? When can we actually post about the three newcomers in their own forum? :(

Xhampi

Smash Lord
That's because Bowser couldn't do Yoga to save his life.
Look at Bowser inside story, a single stair was enough to stop him to be able to enter in Toad Town (except once).
Bowser just doesn't FIT against her.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Hey I think there are some new screenshots of her on the smash bros website in other character's pages!

Looks like Bowser's holding his own.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Doesn't Wii Fit Trainer throw that ball herself? Besides it's pretty obvious they are going to have new items anyway. since the villager has aspecial move that involves snagging stuff such as projectiles and items.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I just love it! Somehow she fits right in. Besides guys, this isn't anywhere close to as weird as Snake was.

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
I can understand the inclusion of the Villager, but this is just downright weird.
Theory: Sakurai was browsing the web, looking for ideas for new characters. He noticed that there was a lot of people mentioning "WTF" characters. Sakurai, being dyslexic or foreign or something, poked around and concluded they meant actually meant WFT, promptly including the most popular character with those initials. The moral: always spell out your swear words.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Theory: Sakurai was browsing the web, looking for ideas for new characters. He noticed that there was a lot of people mentioning "WTF" characters. Sakurai, being dyslexic or foreign or something, poked around and concluded they meant actually meant WFT, promptly including the most popular character with those initials. The moral: always spell out your swear words.
Interesting...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
But he said he never saw any requests for her! :shades:

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
no

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm actually warming up to her. She's definitely intended to be a joke character, and the way she moves is hilarious. I'm okay with this.

peeup

Smash Lord
I'm actually super excited. Fooled us all. I don't think there's a single page on this fourm that even suggested she might be a possibility. As long as her moveset isn't bland... I'm psyched dude.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Meh people hate her now. But when she's top tier, everyone would want her to return to Smash 5.

Like ROB
ROB is far from top tier haha, but I loved ROB from the beginning and still play him, he's mid tier though, but at the beginning he was considered good.

I'm ok with this character, she's very light and floaty just like Zero Suit Samus, and it looks like she has an interesting move set, like Wario (one of her moves looked like Wario's clap). I'm looking forward to trying her out ;).

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Not a fan.

Nothing against casual characters but I would have preferred Mii if we had to have one.
Oh well I'm loving 2/3 so far. Can't win em all.

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Her animations are pretty cool. She puts some kind of exercise into every movement and attack.

Oh dear, I can tell some really strange fetish art is going to pop up when this game comes out.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Ok so we got our joke character. That means the rest of the characters announced are going to be all the one's we're hoping for....
....right?

Cool Daddy Booty Funk

Smash Cadet
Nice, it's like he knew how unimpressed I was with Villager so he decided to put something out that is even more disappointing. My concern is what if this is NOT the joke character and is supposed to be a serious inclusion. What if next we see N64 as a playable character where you throw out cartridges and grapple with controllers.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Why so much hate? It would be boring if we could predict all the characters. This is a dope surprise.
AC Villager was a dope surprise. This is kind of meh.
You're going to lose interest in her as soon as she is no longer the new unexpected character. It's just for ultra casuals.

peeup

Smash Lord
AC Villager was a dope surprise. This is kind of meh.
You're going to lose interest in her as soon as she is no longer the new unexpected character. It's just for ultra casuals.
Nah, there were people who expected an AC rep. There was a thread for the villager. Nobody nor their grandmothers expected Wii Fit Trainer.

As for losing interest in her after shes no longer the new unexpected character, that's something you could say about literally every character in the cast. When you see something a lot, it becomes less interesting. Thank you for pointing out the most apparent aspect of human nature.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I have come from the depth of the inactive shadows to yell at you all for being okay with Game and Watch and R.O.B being WTF characters but not something as glorious as this. I found this character hilarious, myself. Hell, I don't even care if she's meant to be a serious character. I'm totally okay with this.

That is all.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While she was a complete and utter surprise, overall, she seems pretty interesting. Not exactly a Nintendo mascot or superstar which doesn't sit right with me. Despite that, I like her fighting style and her FS is legit!

As long as he doesn't take the spot for more wanted newcomers (I.e. Ridz, K. Rool, Shulk, Little Mac, Palutena, etc). It will be fun to try her out. I'm all for WTF characters that work well. Personally, this just makes me more excited for the upcoming roster.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah, honestly, from that E3 gameplay footage of her being played against the stand-still Bowser it looks like her style is something that could be viable to me in the future.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
The one good thing I see about her is that, since she isn't connected to Nintendo's history at all, the effort to put her into the game is probably significantly less than a character that would come bundled with a bunch of trophies/items/assist trophies etc. Not to mention that making her moveset was probably pretty easy... they just looked through a list of yoga positions and threw in a few more things.

So, I think of her less as "taking a roster spot" so much as "being a slight diversion from characters that were actually desired".

I'm sure I wouldn't have felt nearly this negative about her if they'd waited to show her after they showed off some more popular characters. The way they did it, "haha, I didn't see a single person who wanted this character" doesn't come off so much as a funny joke surprise so much as a giant middle finger to the fans.

Top Bottom