• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Trainer confirmed!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I know when I person has a guilty pleasure, and yours is the succulent Miss Wii Fit, wink wonk.

I stand by my "I don't care which order they're revealed anymore, they're all ending up in the same game" stance.
Yesterday I did agree with you though.

It's certainly a healthy attitude.

I actually have a small but genuine fear of mannequins, so Miss Fit here... well.

Looking at her actually makes me literally feel a little sick to my stomach. Just give her a "murder clown" alternate costume and I'll know for sure that Sakurai just hangs out in my nightmares looking for character ideas.

Edit:
@Legend of Rob
Same here. I'm warming to her, mostly because of the hilarious Psycho Trainer meme... but, like you, I like what the F as long as it isn't disturbing... but I do find her disturbing.

@Nick
Same, which is why I'm trying to popularize Miss Fit!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Not that I'm a proponent of surpressing sexuality or blowing thw whistle when things get to sexualuzed, I feel WFT is this generations version of Zero Suit Samus -SSB4's sex symbol. Upon visiting the smashbros site, I was greeted by an enticing photograph of WFT stretching with full view access to her womanly figure. I was surprised by this (as well as the caption saying it was taken by Mr. Sakurai, you devil you!)

Would you consider WFT to be a sex symbol?

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Not that I'm a proponent of surpressing sexuality or blowing thw whistle when things get to sexualuzed, I feel WFT is this generations version of Zero Suit Samus -SSB4's sex symbol. Upon visiting the smashbros site, I was greeted by an enticing photograph of WFT stretching with full view access to her womanly figure. I was surprised by this (as well as the caption saying it was taken by Mr. Sakurai, you devil you!)

I think she is, but she's also as pale as a corpse lol, doesn't stop the fact that within hours there were several new images of her on rule 34 xD. She's got some sex appeal in a Lara Croft kind of way (or Samus) but a trainer outfit and a blank face just doesn't do it... or grey hair.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think she would be a sex symbol.
She's just wearing athletic clothing. Sure, if she had skin tone she's probably be "attractive" for an assortment of pixels, but I think the sex symbol award would still go to ZSS.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

I wouldn't consider her a sex symbol, no. She certainly wasn't in her own game, and the only element that's been added to her is the wanton slaughter of her enemies. She's just a mannequin in athletic clothes doing traditional yoga poses.

That's not to say, of course, that she won't be sexualized by fans, but good luck finding a woman-shaped thing that isn't.

... note and a warning to all: Don't look her up on google image search without filters in public.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I was looking at what someone said, but can't find it quote it. Anyway, while I didn't expect her; honestly I swear to God I wanted her in some time ago. Back around the Wii Fit release era, I was thinking about her as she is less known, female and attractive. But wondered no way will she get in. Sadly I have no proof about me wanting her in for what it is now SSB4. Oddly I saw the Balance Board and the Male Trainer with more chances to get in. (Yeah I gave preference to the Female Trainer for being a girl over the dude). So I am not really surprised with her in.

If anything, recently way before the E3 Direct; I have been thinking of Shirley from Pilotwings SNES in a similar role; as she is lesser known and female, but isn't some generic character. However she only exists as a face sprite. So I am OK with the Female Trainer. And I say Female Trainer instead of WFT, as who knows if the Male Trainer will get in.

Avocado14

Smash Cadet
I don't think its a coincidence that if you abbreviate Wii Fit Trainer and slightly switch the letters it spells WTF. Well played, Sakurai, well played.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I believe her name in the game will just be shortened to "Trainer" considering that's the only thing in all caps in her name on the site. :c

Edit: Disregard this, that's only because Wii Fit is a title.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I believe her name in the game will just be shortened to "Trainer" considering that's the only thing in all caps in her name on the site. :c

Edit: Disregard this, that's only because Wii Fit is a title.

They'll have to think of something... but I'll be a bit bothered if we have the P. Trainer (Pokemon trainer) and Trainer both on the character screen. Obviously the picture will prevent confusion, but it just seems sloppy to have such similarly named characters.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I like Miss Fit so much, ha. I'd like it for her character select screen, even... "Wii Fit Trainer" is a character description more than a character name. Or, like, Balance Girl! Makes her sound like a superhero, heh.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, I guess sex symbol wasn't the best word. However, I definitely see a sexualized aspect of her much akin to ZZZ. Plus, Japanese men have an unhealthy sexual appetite for watching physical trainers on TV.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Apparently her real name is Miranda Jaubone at least according to someone. Can't really verify it though. I never played Wii Fit. :/

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah, I guess sex symbol wasn't the best word. However, I definitely see a sexualized aspect of her much akin to ZZZ. Plus, Japanese men have an unhealthy sexual appetite for watching physical trainers on TV.
I think fit women are just attractive to many people.
Fit people are attractive.
Wii Fit people are psychotic.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Because of the Wario Land bosses, Dr. Kawa****a, and the Wii Fit Trainers, I think Nintendo loves invoking the Uncanny Valley. :troll:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
They'll have to think of something... but I'll be a bit bothered if we have the P. Trainer (Pokemon trainer) and Trainer both on the character screen. Obviously the picture will prevent confusion, but it just seems sloppy to have such similarly named characters.

Lucario
Lucas+Mario

Lucario "de-confirmed". :(

Jk.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you know i did picture the wii fit trainer in smash at one point

but as a trophy to go with the miis if they were included

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
I do hate Mii's but at least they could have been better. And when I meant Ridley, I actually referred to a resized Ridley.

Still, Now, I am a bit moody in putting Ridley at not. Now back to topic. I could be honest that there were actually more better characters to choose from than the Trainer. Yes, I'm no expert at WTF, but what really makes me mad is that a retro might not make an appearance. If Little Mac isn't included (Which is definitely not going to), I would be angered to the point of not buying the game. Takamaru, I'm not so sure. I just suddenly feel like the slot is being slowly watsed up.

Oh, and I'm quite surprised that you're from London too :).

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
I do hate Mii's but at least they could have been better. And when I meant Ridley, I actually referred to a resized Ridley.

Still, Now, I am a bit moody in putting Ridley at not. Now back to topic. I could be honest that there were actually more better characters to choose from than the Trainer. Yes, I'm no expert at WTF, but what really makes me mad is that a retro might not make an appearance. If Little Mac isn't included (Which is definitely not going to), I would be angered to the point of not buying the game. Takamaru, I'm not so sure. I just suddenly feel like the slot is being slowly watsed up.

Oh, and I'm quite surprised that you're from London too :).
I'm from London too :D but I'm guessing neither of you play competitively or I would've seen you at tournaments (off topic).

I think they will announce enough good characters to please us, some people didn't like Brawl's characters but R.O.B, Diddy, Olimar, Metaknight, Wario, Zero Suit, Toon Link, Snake, Lucas, Sonic, Pokemon Trainer, Pit, Dedede, Lucario and Wolf were all new characters, I like them but I'd be happy if they removed some then added some new ones (I don't want too many characters) and to be honest Megaman is pretty retro.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm from London too :D but I'm guessing neither of you play competitively or I would've seen you at tournaments (off topic).

I think they will announce enough good characters to please us, some people didn't like Brawl's characters but R.O.B, Diddy, Olimar, Metaknight, Wario, Zero Suit, Toon Link, Snake, Lucas, Sonic, Pokemon Trainer, Pit, Dedede, Lucario and Wolf were all new characters, I like them but I'd be happy if they removed some then added some new ones (I don't want too many characters) and to be honest Megaman is pretty retro.

I actually don't even know of any tournaments where I live (Plus I'm usually busy with other things as well as having other hobbies such as making art etc). So I guess so.

I think people are just jumping the gun too soon. There will definitely be more new characters than those three. And Megaman should be proof enough that he will be adding fan favourites into the game too.

D

Deleted member

Okay, so I'm not terribly pleased with Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion, since I worry that her existence in the game will basically become a never-ending plethora of health jokes."Can you keep up with the competition?," "Teach those heavies a thing or two!" and the like.

However, it's not the inclusion of such an unorthodox character that intrigues me, since for all intents and purposes, Wii Fit Trainer fills the roster spots we've been otherwise handing to Duck Hunt Dog, Sheriff, and Doshin the Giant over the past few years. What's interesting is that this strange character is being revealed on Day One.

This could either go one of two ways, in my opinion: Wii Fit Trainer is this game's Zero Suit Samus, an unexpected female newcomer, or this game's ROB, the outright shocking character. If the latter is the case, I imagine it's because Sakurai wants to include the 'big gun' newcomers as the later reveals and get the more underwhelming but 'charming' ones out of the way now. This would be in stark contrast to Brawl, where ROB was one of the few unlockable newcomers, to lukewarm reception, while almost every other newcomer sans Lucario, Toon Link and Wolf were known ahead of time.
If the most likely true rumor of Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii being playable comes into fruitation, I could see them revealing all popular newcomers now being the case, but I doubt Sakurai is done surprising us yet.
Character that nobody saw coming = good character.

Why are there so few people who feel that way :(
Especially when taking into account that they didn't have to go through massive licensing issue to get such a shock character. Think about it, would you rather have Wii Fit Trainer or a ineligible video game character that would have much worse licensing issues than a third-party and even worse fitting in issues and lose more characters in the long run?

I'll pick Wii Fit Trainer any day of the week.

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
If Ridley was ever included, I would scream and abandon Smash Bros forever. Ridley should never be a character. If you aren't the main character in your game then you shouldn't be in Smash bros or even considered. That's how I see it.

Anyways, I like Wii Fit Trainer. Nobody expected her. She was a surprise and surprises are good great. She seems pretty quick and agile too. Also Smash is lacking females so it's nice to see another female character included.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If you aren't the main character in your game then you shouldn't be in Smash bros or even considered.
let's see how much wrong is here.

Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Ganondorf
Meta knight
King DeDeDe
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu (technically, pokemon trainer is the main character of the pokemon games)
Lucario
Mewtwo
Pichu

That's a lot of characters that "shouldn't be in Smash bros or even considered"

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
let's see how much wrong is here.

Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Ganondorf
Meta knight
King DeDeDe
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu (technically, pokemon trainer is the main character of the pokemon games)
Lucario
Mewtwo
Pichu
Lucario

That's a lot of characters that "shouldn't be in Smash bros or even considered"

1. Luigi pretty much is a main character. He has more relevance than Ridley. Same goes for Boswer, Peach, Diddy Kong (he had his own game), Zelda, Ganondorf & King DeDeDe

2. Pikachu is literally the face of Pokemon & GameFreak get out of here.

3. Mewtwo had his movie out during Melee years which basically gave him a spot. Same for Lucario (pretty sure he was the first sinnoh pokemon to have a movie)

4. Pichu & Falco were pretty relevant back then. Wolf, IDK he's a totally different story. I found adding him kinda dumb.

Here let me clarify. Characters that aren't super relevant. I should have worded what I said differently Ridley isn't really relevant.

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
Except that he is relevant. also, he has a better game attendance rate to metroid than gannondorf does to zelda.

Compared to the majority of the roster in Smash? No, not really. Pretty sure Ganondorf has the better attendance record, but whatever.

My dislike also comes from him not fitting in very well with the rest of the roster.

Fronzi

Smash Rookie
I like the fact of her being in the game, I'd prefer a character that bring more playability than another clone!

D

Deleted member

Rate Their Chance Day 1 - Part 2 is up!

Predict Palutena's score, nominate candidates, give thoughts on Mega Man, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer's likelihood and vote for which veterans you don't want to see on Rate Their Chance. But mostly here to give thoughts on Wii Fit Trainer.

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
Oh Sakurai!
This is going to be awesome though. This is gonna be awesome to use against my friends.
They will be so mad lol!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Wii Fit Trainer...

Supposedly the definite odd-one-out character for Smash...

That's it. Calling her "Miss Fit" from now on, I don't care what her official name or what her name used in-game is.

Top Bottom