• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Trainer confirmed!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Glad to see a new franchise getting represented. Also cool to see a really big surprise.
It'll be interesting to see what the thriving smash bros. fan art community will do with her(and the fanficers I suppose, though I don't read fanfics), one of the many cool things about a new smash game is you get to see a ton of art and such of all the included characters together.
Not personally interested in her move list but it's not bad or anything.

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
Ok when I first saw her I was fuming! Ranting about how bad of a character choice that she was but then I started thinking. Ok Megaman was fantastic but I definitely saw him coming and Villager wasn't very surprising either. So im glad shes in because shes a curve ball and looks like she can bring something new to the table. Do other characters deserve the spot? Yes. Am I still happy about her inclusion. Of course.

JPW

Smash Ace
Still surprised at this. Makes me worried about other entries though, so far it looks like i've only had one correct guess on newcomers. could these other new comers replace my newcomer hopefuls. Still would love to see Isaac and Little Mac. I hope the new additions haven't hurt their chances. Just give me those two and at least and bring back Sonic. And i'll love you forever Smash.

Looks very Unique though. Could be a fun moveset. Could be our WTF character.

Trust Sakurai to come up with something out for nowhere.

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
Still surprised at this. Makes me worried about other entries though, so far it looks like i've only had one correct guess on newcomers. could these other new comers replace my newcomer hopefuls. Still would love to see Isaac and Little Mac. I hope the new additions haven't hurt their chances. Just give me those two and at least and bring back Sonic. And i'll love you forever Smash.

Looks very Unique though. Could be a fun moveset. Could be our WTF character.

Trust Sakurai to come up with something out for nowhere.
Yeah I definitely feel where you are coming from. I do hope that she is the WTF character because she clearly fits the bill and 2 of them filling slots would be a little much, but for a WTF character she looks like she will be a really fun addition.

Sarcastic White Mage

Smash Cadet
she's bringing so much more attention to the game not from how awesome she is, but just from how odd and random she is. The game was amazing to see but something about her randomness just sparks curiosity on whats going to be added next. Plus how can anyone stay mad at her? she's kicking ass with fitness!

So anyway

Pros:
1- brings a rather unique and new flavor to the game
2- Another female to the roster

Con:
1- Her movement feel a bit off and awkward

I for one find Slenderman's wife I mean Wii fit trainer to be a rather cool idea, adding something new and interesting to the roster.

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
If I'm being honest I think she's just in there because of the whole "My Body Is Ready" thing.

The specific reason for her creation and the creation of Wii Fit was only to Make Our Bodies Ready For This Moment.

I just think Sakurai is just trying to tell us that our bodies are far from ready for whats in store.

grizby2

Smash Lord
!NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING! SCP-847 :troll:
man... if shes NOT a joke character, just imagine what could have passed as a REGULAR character. we might get more bizarre inclusions this time around.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
If I'm being honest I think she's just in there because of the whole "My Body Is Ready" thing.

The specific reason for her creation and the creation of Wii Fit was only to Make Our Bodies Ready For This Moment.

I just think Sakurai is just trying to tell us that our bodies are far from ready for whats in store.

If any of this had even the tiniest grain of salt, then she'd have Reggie as an alt. Then our bodies would truly be ready.

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
So far she is my favorite newcomer. I like Mega Man and Villager a lot, but Wii Fit Trainer is so cool! Her moves will be so confusing. It should be a blast to play as her.

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand all the negative reactions to this. I mean, what's not to love?

I think it's awesome how sakurai surprises us all, and the awkward goofyness of her and her moves, in my opinion, just fits like a glove in smash.
I mean, that was the basic ide behind smash in the first place. Not a really serious fighter, but a mix mash of all these different fantastic characters just having a blast.

Plus, it's just awesome knocking out peeps while you hear "feel the burn" . :p

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think I'm going to exclusively play this character if and only if my opponent is overweight.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I have absolutely no confidence in my roster anymore
Hey, he said he wanted to add ONE character no one Would expect. And he did, so rest assured not to be worried

Now if he added another wacky one, I'd lose my confidence

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I don't actually see any hate for her because she's a female. Last I've checked, many fans have been craving for more female characters in Smash. It's more because she just came out of the blue and was unexpected, but oh well... :/
I think it's only tumblr.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well, I'm kind of glad that we got the WTF character out of the way already, and this one is the weirdest choice yet. Anyways, I'm pretty neutral to it, not planning on playing her a lot, but I don't really mind her inclusion either. My only problem with her might be that we have fewer spots for newcomers, and she just napped one. But hey, can't expect to like every character added, and a WTF character was imminent anyways, at least this is a fun and unique addition.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think it's only tumblr.
Yeah that's what I was referring too. I've been scrolling the Wii Fit Trainer tag for a little bit (just for the lulz, same thing for the Villager tag) and I've seen a number of people complaining about people hating her "because she is a female" but I haven't actually seen anybody hate her "because she is a female". I think these Tumblr people mistakenly thought the fact people where complaining about Wii Fit Trainer for a bit was because of her gender when it was actually because of other reasons. I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now that Samus, Zelda, Peach and Nana etc exist in the roster...

So basically... uninformed people jumping into conclusions.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah that's what I was referring too. I've been scrolling the Wii Fit Trainer tag for a little bit (just for the lulz, same thing for the Villager tag) and I've seen a number of people complaining about people hating her "because she is a female" but I haven't actually seen anybody hate her "because she is a female". I think these Tumblr people mistakenly thought the fact people where complaining about Wii Fit Trainer for a bit was because of her gender when it was actually because of other reasons. I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now that Samus, Zelda, Peach and Nana etc exist in the roster...

So basically... uninformed people jumping into conclusions.
This is why I hate tumblr with a passion and will single handedly murder social justice bloggers one by one a la Villager.

The only reason for confusion (in other words, not hate) is that she came from out of the blue.

Nessie

Smash Rookie
Why are you being so mean and ungrateful ?!
I absolutely LOVED Wii Fit Trainer, she is the proof and product of Nintendo great criativity.
Also she looks awesome, can't wait to play with her.

<3

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Why are you being so mean and ungrateful ?!
I absolutely LOVED Wii Fit Trainer, she is the proof and product of Nintendo great criativity.
Also she looks awesome, can't wait to play with her.

<3

Who is being mean? People are actually warming up on her and liking her inclusion (or at least being okay with her). The only people who are complaining are those who didn't see their favourite character yet but her instead, so they start getting all sorts of nasty fears of their favourite characters fate. So they pin all the blame on her.

But really. She's just this game's Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. to some extend. A character no one saw coming and they were inevitable to come along anyways. :smirk:

Nessie

Smash Rookie
Who is being mean? People are actually warming up on her and liking her inclusion. The only people who are complaining are those who didn't see their favourite character yet but her instead, so they start getting all sorts of nasty fears of their favourite characters fate. So they pin all the blame on her.

But really. She's just this game's Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. to some extend. A character no one saw coming and they were inevitable to come along anyways. :smirk:

Well, some people in this topic are already pre-judging her and making some rude comments...
I understand it, all of us have our expectations, but I really don't see why start sort of "blaming" her just because of it. It's too early for taking precipitated conclusions.

Let's just enjoy the news xD

@edit: And yes, I agree with you, Nintendo surprised all of us again. She is totally our new Game & Watch/R.O.B

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
I like her.
Her Final Smash reminds me of one of Tabuu's attacks with all of his copies flying around

Bonuspokus

Smash Rookie
When I read that she was included in this game, I was like "WTF?"

Then I saw her in action and everything changed, she looks quite amazing and being honest, between her and Mr. Game & Watch, I think she is much MUCH better.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, some people in this topic are already pre-judging her and making some rude comments...
I understand it, all of us have our expectations, but I really don't see why start sort of "blaming" her just because of it. It's too early for taking precipitated conclusions.

Let's just enjoy the news xD

That's just the way things are with some of the smash bros fandom. If their favourites isn't in the game, they go around and turn right to the one newcomer character they like the least and blame them for being the cause of why their favourites aren't included.

Like hello? Sakurai doesn't have the mindset of "hmm... I wonder what character I should include in this installment? Should I go for that one popular character, or that nobody of a character who hardly gets requested? Oh I know! I'll go for that nobody! :awesome:"

Sakurai apparently wanted to go for a character that nobody would expect and he apparently saw potential in her and decided to include her into the game, see if she can gain some fans and popularity. Sakurai doesn't only look at the most popular characters, he also wants to add a few less popular characters too and I'm more than fine with that. After all, it would be boring if all we got were the obvious expected characters. The likes of Wii Fit Trainer actually bring some spice to the roster and I like characters that can do that. :) You certainly won't see me blaming her if my favourite characters aren't in the game. ;)

Dudemaster47

Smash Cadet
My only beef with the Wii Fit Trainer is that now that we've gotten our completely unexpected, out-of-the-blue WTF character out of the way, we may not get some crazy character to unlock last and be like WTF, WHO EVEN IS THIS?

But other than that, I've already warmed up to the idea of her. I feel like a lot of people already have, too.

Nessie

Smash Rookie
That's just the way things are with some of the smash bros fandom. If their favourites isn't in the game, they go around and turn right to the one newcomer character they like the least and blame them for being the cause of why their favourites aren't included.

Like hello? Sakurai doesn't have the mindset of "hmm... I wonder what character I should include in this installment? Should I go for that one popular character, or that nobody of a character who hardly gets requested? Oh I know! I'll go for that nobody! :awesome:"

Sakurai apparently wanted to go for a character that nobody requested and he apparently saw potential in her and decided to include her into the game, see if she can gain some fans and popularity. Sakurai doesn't only look at the most popular characters, he also wants to add a few less popular characters too and I'm more than fine with that. After all, it would be boring if all we got were the obvious expected characters. The likes of Wii Fit Trainer actually bring some spice to the roster and I like characters that can do that. :) You certainly won't see me blaming her if my favourite characters aren't in the game. ;)
Couldn't agree more! I'm super looking forward to this new ideas/concepts for the upcoming smash bros :p

24tee

Smash Rookie
Sakurai:Hmm, Ridley, Waluigi -looks at random commercial of Wii Fit U-, or Wii Fit Trainer

Random Female Voice: Wii Fit Trainer, ALL THE WAY

Sakurai:Hmm, well it's decided.

Top Bottom