• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi Wars : Smash League - Now Open!

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
We'll definitely be opening up more leagues, too. I personally have my eye on advance wars...

As for Europeans, Lee's already answered it, but there's nothing preventing you from using the open ladders and matchmakers. Really, the idea behind this is to facilitate finding matches, and to spur competition.

And the more competition, the better ;)

Mazor

Smash Cadet
We won't support Europeans at the North American launch, but we will add a UK/Euro division later on around the Euro release date. Kazakhs will not be allowed ;) Just kidding.
Guess I'll have to stick with playing random friend code matches then :/.

Fun-Gi

Smash Rookie
Just signed up, can't wait. I've only ever been able to go to one melee tournament so the opportunity to play ranked online matches should be a lot of fun.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
The great thing about it is that it not only allows people who were previously unable to compete to become competitive, but it also allows previous competitive players to play in tournament style matches in between local events.

We are also looking at hosting some national tournaments. ;)

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
The great thing about it is that it not only allows people who were previously unable to compete to become competitive, but it also allows previous competitive players to play in tournament style matches in between local events.

Saves gas money!

Fun-Gi

Smash Rookie

Sounds like some pretty huge plans :) Are you looking at hosting national tournaments in the U.S. only or other countries as well?

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
If I remember correctly, I saw you mention Scav, and if someone is cool with him, then I'm cool with that person. Besides, what you all have been working on is awesome.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Just wanted to let everyone know we are already at over 2100 users! I have added a counter to the registration page so that you can see how many people are joining as things progress.

If you have questions feel free to ask!

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Registered, but doesn't it fall under "Advertisement"?

XACE-K

Smash Master
I have a question. I already signed up for the Wifi wars,the Smash League and the forums but when Brawl is released and the Smash League starts, can you join two divisions or only one? I'm asking this because I'm both a competitive and casual smasher and want to join both divisions when Brawl's released.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
If I remember correctly, I saw you mention Scav, and if someone is cool with him, then I'm cool with that person. Besides, what you all have been working on is awesome.
I'm cool with Lee ;)

Xace: You can join as many divisions as you like, though please remember that the "Circuits" represent a time commitment, however small. The others, however, are designed around open play, and are much more casual.

For Pokemon, we have "Ubers" and "Standards" leagues. If there's enough interest, there's no reason Brawl can't have, for instance, an "items" and "no items" league. Just let us know what you want.

GameICY1

Smash Cadet
i think you have a typo in your subject, it looks like you have over 1200 not 2100, just helpin out

anyways, i'll check it out and see how it is, though i think im committed elsewhere

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
i think you have a typo in your subject, it looks like you have over 1200 not 2100, just helpin out

anyways, i'll check it out and see how it is, though i think im committed elsewhere
We have over 2100, which number leads you to believe we have 1200?

Sandwich: it should remember you when you log in. Are you logging in using the forum on the wifiwars.com homepage?

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I signed up yesterday (same name as here). Do I need to do anything else, or just wait until Brawl is out until America?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I'm cool with Lee ;)

Xace: You can join as many divisions as you like, though please remember that the "Circuits" represent a time commitment, however small. The others, however, are designed around open play, and are much more casual.

For Pokemon, we have "Ubers" and "Standards" leagues. If there's enough interest, there's no reason Brawl can't have, for instance, an "items" and "no items" league. Just let us know what you want.
Im interested in knowing the time this matches will take place...as you know a lot of people have responsabilities XD... but ill do my best to enter the circuits.,... im just hoping for the schedules be not so crazy XD..

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
I joined yesterday. Your website seems to be both the best looking, and with the most unique features of all the similar sites I've seen. I can't wait to partake in leagues, come March.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Thanks for all the comments everyone. I really mean it when I say we are all working our ***** off to make this the best service for the community.

Dynamism: there will be a cutoff for Circuit registration a while after Brawl's release, but there is no deadline for the others.

On another topic: we have an article that is about to hit the front page of digg about Brawl's glitches/explots. Please head over and digg it up if you like it - http://digg.com/nintendo/Warning_18_Bizarre_Glitches_Exploits_in_Brawl

MrLegend

Smash Apprentice
Huh. For some reason, the first time I logged in, I was already LeeHarris's friend. Did I click on something without looking or is this supposed to happen? Cool site though.

GameICY1

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the forum account is different from the main account. Our actual main site has about 1500 more members. You can see the counter on the early registration page.
so if I register, do I have to register separately for the forum and then the site?

Top Bottom