• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wichita, KS Brawl Bi-Weeklies *2nd Season*

Fino

Smash Master
Actually, I can see if I can get Duck, Jace, and some of the other JCCC smashers to come. I believe teacher conferences fall at the same time so the highschoolers can get off, and so on. I could be bringing up to 4-8 people along with me.

~Fino

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
hhmmmm this is on the same day as the kc melee tournament.... kc tourny sounds like a very rare and exciting oportunity but i cant seem to find my self to stomach a melee tournament when my main focus now is on brawl so ill most likely be at the bi-weekly.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
alright i think im gonna come to this...ill be more sure toward then mid of next week. but right now im expecting to go...id also like to work with whoever would want to team with me for ohsnap

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
y exactly...
wait dnt even answer there isnt a good reason to ban MK... bein cheap and broken doesnt count. it just gives us a reason to constanly get beat by them comp. or not until we figure out how to WIN

Fino

Smash Master
AH, this merits me rallying up a group to go... >_> hmph. perhaps I can con arkiv into going, I know duck, jace and 8bit are in for event52. I might be able to tag artik along too.
There may be hope.

~Fino

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i like olimar he controls lil plant animals that kill
i am going to fight for kansas this is final :)

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
not TOO sure ima be able to make it to this weekend's bi weekly. im going fishing this weekend with my dad so if i do come it might be later in the afternoon

Fino

Smash Master
Yeah, I would love to play a no MK tournament. MK's have been the only character to put me out at big tournaments.
And I will make sure to stop by at another one when I can taking the whole KC crew. Most of you are going to event52, so no johns.
Brawl>Melee

~Fino

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
hmm....im irish :) lol that means....idk what it means...i guess all it does it make my name make sense... :(

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i'm thinking this should be the only time we ban mk until an official word has come from the sbr to ban him. this was the train of thought all along, but i'm just puttin it out there. no more experiments!!! all that will happen is that andy will **** everyone without mk there to **** back lol. that's my prediction for this week.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
hey again, this is Tan's brother if you needed me for anything on here...
im assuming you don't need Wii's or anything

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
OHHH
a couple more things actually
in Kirby vs Olimar
Olimar is the only character, i think, that cannot break out of Kirby's regular B attack
so Kirby can walk off the edge, spit him out, then easily edge guard Olimar
will there be a special rule stopping that?

And don't some of the counter-pick stages come as disadvantages since the stages can hurt the characters?
O.o

And i just need to bring a Wii and the wires to set it up right?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I recommed using olimar's ridiculous range advantage to prevent irby from sucking you up in that case. So no there will be no rule stopping Kirby from using his suck up to edge guard. And yes some counterpicks come with drawbacks but that is the nature of counterpicking after all. If you just bring a wii that's fine, but an if you have a TV that can be used too of a moderate size that would be great.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Everyone/team is allowed to ban one counterpick from being used in the set before the set is played.

Fino

Smash Master
I recommed using olimar's ridiculous range advantage to prevent irby from sucking you up in that case. So no there will be no rule stopping Kirby from using his suck up to edge guard. And yes some counterpicks come with drawbacks but that is the nature of counterpicking after all. If you just bring a wii that's fine, but an if you have a TV that can be used too of a moderate size that would be great.
I wish I could bring my t.v. but all my setups (with the exception of the beautiful 52 inch sitting across the room) are being used for event52.
On the trip down we'll be playing brawl off my laptop though. is a 15 inch screen too small? (lol.... I don't see it happening)

~Fino

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
if u can use it u can use it to play brawl lol

man i gotta leave at 7:30 in the morn on sat just to make this thing....ghetto

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I'm not liking the idea of sandbags or all Luigi's Mansion for the gimmick tournament. LM will cause most games to go for too long, and items are just dumb.

I'm posting up my own rules in the OP until someone can convince me otherwise.

Top Bottom