• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wichita, KS Brawl Bi-Weeklies *2nd Season*

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
dude that gimmick tourney sounds WHACK. whoever wins the coin toss will very likely win because they'll get two chances to pick. and they can just pick their two best characters, assuming the other player is nowhere near as efficient with your two best. which will be the case most of the time.

just putting in my two cents, i know it's just a gimmick tourney so it's not too big a deal.
OK, I see where you're coming from. I have a better idea. Instead of having a coin flip, how about we do this:

_

Before Game 1 is played, have one of the players pick random in the character select screen and pick whatever stage. Whatever character that player gets ON RANDOM is the character both players must use for the first game.

Once you see what character must be played, stop the game and both characters must pick the character that was randomly selected and play Game 1.
_

The rest of the rules go as originally planned.

Better?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Yes that works. i also came up with the idea of an outside source saying the ditto that must be played. but bias comes in (we all know cameron will demand nothing but falcon dittos etc) as well as some possible cheating issues, but yeah yours works better.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I like the change in the first round, Random makes it much more fair.

I have another note that everyone will be getting stickers this week (YAY!). The purpose is to mark the controllers so we don't have any controller mixups.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Something else I forgot to add:

For the first game both players are allowed to agree on what character is used, but only if the random character selection has not been done.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i like that better affinity.

although i think a random tourney would just be better/funner all around.

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
so we doing the " instead of pools, use the rankings from last tourney " idea this time around to help speed up the process? any new people if entered would be thrown at the bottom of the ranking as if they scored last in the tourney before. ( even though they werent there )

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
well stealth you almost let me win last time, so that was nice.

also about half of the cast is an option for me to develop into a secondary so...:|

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
lol If you have your avatar/details set to the left, Weegee is looking right at Lucas in Chaos' avatar.

RUN LUCAS RUN!!!

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
lol If you have your avatar/details set to the left, Weegee is looking right at Lucas in Chaos' avatar.

RUN LUCAS RUN!!!
Nobody can resist the awesome power of lucas' sexiness...nobody...NOBODY. notice that everybody that fights against him grabs him.....A LOT....thats proof right there

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
im off tomorrow and im tryna decide if im gonna play in the tourney here with you guys or go outta town for a tourney

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
nynja, you should go to the outta town one if it's on a grander scale. and it probably is.

i'm not just saying this because i detest your diddy.

i swear.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Nynja...... what is better- playing with your friends, or going to an out of town thingy? nowif it is big i can understand you going, but if it isnt.... just stay. we need to talk about HOBO 11 anyway.

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
i dont think i ever got the chance to play against you at all nynja. and im going to be there today so you have to come so i can play you in the tourney or in some friendlies :)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ps1 neutral...?

idk. either that or castle seige, i guess. and no one ever plays on seige.

imo halberd should definitely be considered.

**** steven, his ddd, and delfino plaza.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
what's wrong with having just four neutrals? the point is for the stage to be as even for both sides as possible...i guess for the strike out method you need five, but almost always someone will strike out the cp/neutral stage anyway.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
With HOBO11 behind us, it's time to look forward to the next Wichita Bi-weekly. What I want to do for this time around is bring in a little more competition. Try to get some of your friends to come. This Bi-weekly's special Lulz Gimmick of the Week will be....

Pay Attention to Weegee Week!
$1 to Enter
Character's Allowed: Weegee, Green Mario!(IMPOSTER WEEGEE!?)
Stages Allowed: Weegee's Mansion (Everything Else Banned)
Items: Sandbag on High
You may counterpick Weegee colors and Weegee's Mansion stage Music between matches.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
rofl imposter weegee and cp colors and music

i will always cp tetris a music. that **** is the bomb.

one of my friends is really excited about coming to these, and he happens to main BOTH weegi and mario. ;)

also wtf is with the sandbag hahaha. weegee isn't a punching bag...:(

Fino

Smash Master
lol at inferno.

Anyways, I might be able to make this one. I've been looking forward to coming to one of these bi-weeklies :D. I know it's small, but what's the pot size usually? Even if it's not great, I'm still coming for fun ^_^

~Fino

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
@Fino: A good pot will bring in around $100. We're hoping it'll get bigger over time as more people come to this.

See ya here!

@Cameron: What's up with the sandbag item on? Affinity does not approve.

Top Bottom