• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Landry

Smash Ace
Yeah, canceling works for me since the weather looks pretty iffy tonight anyway and I only have a motorcycle. Definitely let me know if there are any upcoming smashfests, though.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'm still using mine.

Do people want to move the fest this week to Friday night (assuming people are busy on the 4th)?

Landry

Smash Ace
Hey Mundungu - did I forget to give you $5 when we got back to your place? I remember talking about it in the car but I can't remember if I ever paid you or not.

Good luck at Evo!!

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Yea I never got $5 from you, next fest works.

Speaking of which, are people interested in a smashfest this Wednesday night?

Landry

Smash Ace
I would be up for it, but if no one else is interested I dunno if its worth it.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Sometimes I have these dark, liberal thoughts about mandatory euthanasia for the elderly because they no longer serve to contribute to our vastly interconnected and quickly growing society. Then I remember Betty White: she's hip with the times, and sexy to boot. This old gal is still young at heart. Let's hear it for Hollywood's favorite senior!

G

genkaku

does anyone need a cheap room for the next school year in mke?
I have a roommate that's looking like he's gonna bail out on me.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
LOL @ Toecutter getting the mad ignores. I applaud your post, WI has been lacking lately.

Who is iateyourpie? Pretty sure the only active smashers left are in Madison, with a couple in Milwaukee and Eau Claire.

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
Are there any smashers in Wisconsin? I'm trying to find a Melee/Project M scene, but it looks like there's no one here. Do you guys drive out of state to find players?

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
LOL @ Toecutter getting the mad ignores. I applaud your post.
I know, man. I was literally in tears. I was hoping for even 1/10 of "Tapion Does this look familiar", (respek to THE OG Seph)

I was in West Bend only a year ago, and I regret not hanging out and smashing with others.

I'm less caring and taut than once was. After watching and reading about Evo, I'm really interested in competitive Smash again. What's the scene like? I'd like to get back into it. Am willing to travel.

</no cube, no Nintendo system>

Let's rawk.

Ace how willing would you be to team with me at all if I put in the effort to learn teams better?

I want this summer to be over with already.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
We smash weekly (usually more) in Madison, on Thursday and sometimes Friday nights. Idk about other regions, but we play a lot in here Madison.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Caleb, we can smash a bunch at SGDQ. There should be plenty of teams there too.

I won't be at the fest this time (or next week), just a heads up. I got a ton of stuff to do tonight. I should be at Alex's house tomorrow if he's hosting.

I'll be posting the tournament thread tonight. The tournament will be held at the Union South on Saturday 8/10.

Landry

Smash Ace
I won't be able to make the fest either (I'm going to Chicago for a long weekend). I'm hyped about the upcoming tourney, tho.

Frootloop/Mundungu - Could either (or both) of you guys help me train for this tourney? I think I'm at a point where I need someone to critique my mistakes and point out what I should be doing better. I'd be happy to buy you guys dinner or something if you'd be willing to help me out.

iateyourpie

Smash Rookie
Caleb, we can smash a bunch at SGDQ. There should be plenty of teams there too.

I won't be at the fest this time (or next week), just a heads up. I got a ton of stuff to do tonight. I should be at Alex's house tomorrow if he's hosting.

I'll be posting the tournament thread tonight. The tournament will be held at the Union South on Saturday 8/10.
Sweet. I'm definitely down for some smash at SGDQ.

Question: If I do go to the tourney, would you guys be willing to use my twitch account? I'd be able to bring a lot more viewers to the stream and help promote the tournament a bit more. I can prob get a few people from WI who watch my stream to show up as well. I legit want to get good at this game again, but it's going to depend on if I can find people to play with consistently again.

Top Bottom