• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Sago

Smash Lord
lol i usualy carry a setup with me :p

ill figure something out so we can play, you talkin brawl im assuming. Cause i might sneak up there for a madtownsmashfest again.

You do? lol Always looking to play brawl when I can. Melee or smash64 too. It doesn't matter really. Smash all around is good.

4 more days until back at the umad.

ORLY

Smash Master
WI, come to Smashing Grounds this weekend. I've heard there are two cars already.

I know there are more of you hiding up there somewhere!

It was interesting to read. It's funny how there are dozens of threads like that on smashboards, but it is not until you realize all this stuff on your own to one degree or another that it all actually starts to sink in.

I wish I could get used to the shieldstun time in melee. Anytime I get my shield hit by something, I expect to fully be able to OoS wavedash out of it, grab, roll, spotdodge, or use an aerial like right away. But, the shieldstun has to be so damn long in this game :mad: My wavedashes turn into rolls or spotdodges and stuff. Or maybe I'm just too slow at this game still :bee:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
College is gonna get in the way of Pound V and I promised my parents I'd make school a higher priority this year.

Also if people stay until Monday I defiantly can't go.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Well the main benefit for flying I think is that I could get away with only missing one day of class. We could leave friday, get some sleep, and fly back monday.

Total cost flying from Appleton:
$230 Plane Ticket
$110 Hotel (There are some pretty strict rules about hotel rooms unfortunately, this is the cheapest rate, 36$ per person per night, 3 nights. We could maybe cheat and find a cheaper room, but this is what was listed in the thread)
+ Food, Tournament fees, Overall its like a minimum of $400, probably closer to $500 total.

Driving changes costs a bit, I would assume it cuts off almost $200, but this is at the cost of taking an extra full day or two off of school. Assuming we leave early friday, and stay for grand finals on monday, I'm guessing we wouldn't want to pull 16 hours of nonstop driving starting at like 2 in the afternoon, so this adds another hotel room night, and a grand total of 3 missed days at college, something I can't afford to let happen.

So that's the whole situation, unless somehow I could pull off missing 3 days of class, I'm looking at the flying option, and if I go I would try to keep food costs below $50, which might be difficult.

I would really like to go and enter brawl singles and melee singles, but whether or not that'll happen totally depends on other people coming. If you want more detailed information on the plane tickets I can post what I found, I could still look around a little more and see if I can't find anything cheaper, but I have my doubts.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Yeah I haven't responded to it because I don't know if I'm even going yet, not to mention last time I said I'd give him a ride he never got back to me, so I feel less than obligated to care right now.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
so i watched oresama (spoilers):

Miyavi is a famous guitarist who loathes his hectic lifestyle, and can't stand all the schoolgirls that fawn after him. While making a getaway in his limo, Miyavi shatters into pieces and is reassembled back in time 20 years ago, where he stumbles across a child named Ryu kicking a soccer ball. Miyavi waxes nostalgic tales of his youth spent playing soccer until he got involved in a tragic accident that crippled his leg, which forced him to seek other hobbies, ultimately leading to his musical career. However, he regrets not being able to fulfill his dream of playing professional soccer and begins teaching the child some of his moves. Miyavi goes to stand in a tunnel where he meets a guy looking at a can of spraypaint. They form a band, and Miyavi plays "rock from the future". Their band becomes impossibly popular after playing one song. Schoolgirls (with longer, more conservative 80's dresses) begin chasing him everywhere, to Miyavi's dismay. The other guy spraypaints his hair silver. Then Ryu's grandma shows up and its Miyavi's grandma too, cluing him in on the concept that Ryu might be Miyavi from the past. He asks the childs full name: it's Ryuji and suddenly Miyavi realizes that Ryu is his young self. Now faced with an opportunity to prevent the crippling accident, and lead Ryu towards his true passion for becoming a pro soccer player, Miyavi begins tickling his child self, then leaves unannounced to walk down a set of railroad tracks, pointing his fingers like his hand is a pistol and making gunshot noises, and travels back to the future. The next day we see Ryu get slide tackled while playing soccer, breaking his leg. Credits roll.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
go packers

**** the falcons

***** the eagles

on our way to crush hopefully the seakhawks and then ravens maybe?

birdslayers imo

edit:: also wafles...you guys could probably rent out a room for 2 people and put 4 people in it. they just want NO MORE THAN 4 people, lol. this would be $95 per night for 4 people, which would help you save a bit. i try to preach quality over all else, and im really delivering this year so i promise you wont be disappointed!!! Def the nicest venue/most preparation i've ever done since it's my last one, it'll be a good time. also idk if any tickets would match your flight, but i arranged a 10% discount on airtran flights >.<

Wafles

Smash Lord
go packers

**** the falcons

***** the eagles

on our way to crush hopefully the seakhawks and then ravens maybe?

birdslayers imo

edit:: also wafles...you guys could probably rent out a room for 2 people and put 4 people in it. they just want NO MORE THAN 4 people, lol. this would be $95 per night for 4 people, which would help you save a bit. i try to preach quality over all else, and im really delivering this year so i promise you wont be disappointed!!! Def the nicest venue/most preparation i've ever done since it's my last one, it'll be a good time. also idk if any tickets would match your flight, but i arranged a 10% discount on airtran flights >.<
Thanks for posting this.
I know airtran doesnt fly out of Appleton, which would mean I would have to drive to Milwaukee or Chicago to catch a flight, and for the effort I'd probably rather just fly from Appleton and pay a little bit extra, but this isn't to say that other people couldn't find a more affordable option.

So far I know of exactly no one else interested in this besides me from WI right now. I heard a little bit of interest from Grimace, but I haven't really asked him to look into it too much. If I don't hear anything from any other people soon I'm gonna probably just pass on Pound V, as much as I would really like to go, if for nothing else, to watch Melee (and get wrecked in pools)

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Sanchaz- You definitely have gotten a lot better. We had some fun matches, and Falcon Fox is a fun matchup. GG's hope you come down again soon.

John- Didn't play you. I always love playing you and having you complain about how broken Falcon is lol.

Quaz- Didn't play but we play enough so it wasn't that heartbreaking. The return of Quaz!

Mundungu- Haven't played you in forever. So sad I didn't try to get in a few games with you. :(

Sync- We haven't played in forever either. I heard you went beast mode on Scythe and 2-0ed him though! Just gotta be as consistent as you were vs him and you would be beating the upper echelon players.

Exarch- I got to play you at your first tourney in the MW. I didn't get to your 2nd MW tourney like 8 months later. Who knows when my next chance is lol.

WI is awesome. <3

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
Sanchaz- You definitely have gotten a lot better. We had some fun matches, and Falcon Fox is a fun matchup. GG's hope you come down again soon.

John- Didn't play you. I always love playing you and having you complain about how broken Falcon is lol.

Quaz- Didn't play but we play enough so it wasn't that heartbreaking. The return of Quaz!

Mundungu- Haven't played you in forever. So sad I didn't try to get in a few games with you. :(

Sync- We haven't played in forever either. I heard you went beast mode on Scythe and 2-0ed him though! Just gotta be as consistent as you were vs him and you would be beating the upper echelon players.

Exarch- I got to play you at your first tourney in the MW. I didn't get to your 2nd MW tourney like 8 months later. Who knows when my next chance is lol.

WI is awesome. <3
Hell yeah! And thank you for actually posting here cuz I never check anything else on Smashboards. Yeah consistency is another problem of mine along with mindgames....maybe even MORESO than mindgames! O.o

Good tourney, next time I'll getem.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
i just watched black swan last night and it was really good, i highly recommend everyone go watch it. also imagining the ballet director is an older lonejedi makes the movie 1000x better

Top Bottom