• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Zicore

Smash Champion
How do you copyright an albatross? **** the internet, seriously. This **** is getting so out of hand.

I think there is like one, at a stretch two people there for smash. But I thought they played brawl mostly. Look forward to college for your smashing needs.

Playing with Frank recently it seems like I have a ton of bad habits that are seriously screwing me over.

In marth dittos, he keeps pointing out my DI on stuff. Either I fail to DI away or I get caught trying to DI and it still screws me over (ex. DI away on a tipper fsmash). Or I keep trying to attack things I really cannot hit.

Against Fox/Falco I am trying to grab stuff on shield, which I cannot grab things I think I can. And the same situation with trying to hit stuff I cannot actually reach.

Anyone have anything they can add that I should be doing differently with my Marth? I thought I was at least doing certain things right, but ryan and frank keep implying I'm playing this game horribly wrong.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
1. stop SDing. It's hard to tell if things are going right or not if every time something starts to happen you're sideB-ing off stage or airdodging from the ledge. It's like trying to play chess but not knowing how to tell if you piece is hanging.

2. everytime you wiff a move or get hit ask yourself why you did that move or why you got hit. Don't worry if you get combo'd for it or something, it's a friendly. Focus on that particular exchange and if it's not apparent to you why you did the move then maybe you shouldn't be doing it. If you can't figure out why you got hit look 1 step earlier and try to identify the situation that led to you being unable to avoid the hit. Maybe you need to be avoiding the setup like getting cornered or ending up above people.

3. every so often in a match try to determine who has the positional advantage. don't count irrelevent stuff like stocks or %. You don't even have to be playing in the match to work on that. A lot of the time you ask me "what do I do from the ledge in marth dittos" and the only real answer is don't be in that situation. There's sneaky stuff you can do to escape bad positions but it's all gimicks or at best you have to guess their 50/50, but if there's a reliable answer then it's not really a bad position after all.

4. look at your opponent whenever it doesn't impede your execution. If I'm fairing you in the air, I can't be fsmashing you and you have no reason to not DI away. Some people suggest looking in between the characters, so your peripheral vision can help you with spacing, but you're not out of the loop if your opponent does something. You don't have to stare at marths tiara 24/7 but you should always have an idea of where I am and what I'm doing.

If we're playing friendlies and I hit you or something just pause the match on me and we can work through the situation. Once you are more familiar with a situation you can speed it up to a million miles an hour and not have to think about it.

Bad habits are much easier when you have context

I always wondered how people figure out many of these glitches. A few were probably found randomly, but a number of things seem to be found by a single person and on purpose. I think kazooie did quite a bit of zelda glitches on his own.

Top Bottom