• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

chansen

Smash Lord
When I get some free time, I'll host a fest at my new place. Its much more smasher friendly than my old one. I will also be living in close proximity to Zicore and Wicky so we can probably provide enough setups. If anyone would want to bring recording gear or another system, that would be **** mcgee.

can't wait to play exarch.

edit: I also found a fun WI game. get a number generator, have it go from 1-200, go to that page in the WI thread. fun times.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Hello,
I am a long time customer who has enjoyed your products for many many years. I'm not sure when I started, but at least 10 years ago I began eating the same breakfast every day -- four packets of instant Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal. I value a diverse diet but I just couldn't get away from your oatmeal. Unless I was on vacation or visiting a friend or relative, without fail, I had 4 packets daily, made with exactly one cup of boiling water, with milk on top and sometimes a little bit of maple syrup on top when the fancy strikes. It was fast, easy, filling and delicious.

But this morning I found something different. I opened up a new box to see a packet redesign -- no big deal, I've seen many packet and box designs come and go over the years. But then after opening it I was hit with a strong odor. I took a closer look at the box and saw a "new flavor" advertised. I figured I'd give it a shot and pulled my one cup (the maximum capacity of my measuring cup) of water out of the microwave. Unfortunately one cup of water is nowhere near enough to make four packets of your new "hearty texture" oatmeal. There was no way to boil another cup of water before the bowl in front of me got cold, so I decided to just eat around the pockets of arid oats lingering inside my bowl.

With the first bite, I was mortified. Your new flavor is the most foul and repulsive sensation my mouth has been assaulted by in years. The "Maple" "flavor" tastes like a long since expired Z-grade off-brand maple syrup, and it completely overpowers any sense of balance purported by the "& Brown Sugar" title. Resisting all urges to retch/vomit, I choked down about five spoonfuls before succumbing to my tongues better judgment and tossed the bowls entire contents in the trash. I feel completely violated and devastated by the incident.

Why, Quaker? Why would you make such a drastic change to a product like this? I don't doubt that Maple & Brown Sugar has seen subtle changes to its formula over the years; perhaps they were so deft as to sneak past my flavor radar, or perhaps even my own tastes and preferences were evolving with yours. Whatever the case may be, this change is just far too drastic, and is a far cry from any semblance of the quality I've grown to associate you with. You have alienated what was, and what had every intention to remain, a lifelong customer. I hope you make the right decision: to immediately halt production of this new oatmeal and to annihilate all surviving packets. Until then there is no remote possibility that I can continue to purchase and consume your products.

Thank you,
Steve Bates

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Just wanted to let everyone know that as soon as I get everything paid off, I'm coming back full force with :shiek:/:metaknight:

As soon as I realized that I play way too aggro with those two, it seems as if I was enlightened, so to speak, and stepped up my game a notch. Note: It is interesting to note that just before this "enlightening", I spent a lot of time playing Buuda offline due to my AiB ban :p most likely unrelated, but interesting to note xD

It will be interesting to see what happens the next time I'm able to attend a tournament.

Of course, I'll want to do $MM's against certain people as well.
Sheik vs. Arty Falco, either vs. Akashi

edit: lol loki. good **** if you actually did step it up. i'll have to play your sheik again soon xD

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
wisconsin top ten minus sago

1. Hunger :wario:
1.5. 18spikes :jigglypuff:/:drmario:
2. Fatboy :metaknight:
3. Grimace :snake:
4. Wafles :falco:/:metaknight:
5. YoshQ :luigi2:/:snake:
7. MagicJosh :dedede:/:rob:/:gw:
8. Dylonious Rex :marth:/:dedede:
9. Loki :falcon:/:diddy:/:shiek:
10. Buuda :pt:/:falco:

any objections?

inb4usuk

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
You made it seem like you would use Sheik in tourney. I'll fix that.

What's wrong with the order though? It looked legit to me.

inafterusuk

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Prolly not gonna happen mate :/

Once a month or two, i make a simple post/blog entailing the progression of the WI community. You should be able to ignore it.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Maybe the pr should be divided this way...

People who can beat ganon:
hunger
fatboy
grimace
everyone else

people who lose to ganon
yoshq
kennispam

yoshq

Smash Master
Maybe the pr should be divided this way...

People who can beat ganon:
hunger
fatboy
grimace
everyone else

people who lose to ganon
yoshq
kennispam
that's fine but the problem is that you're still on there. i'm dead serious, when you make a pr yourself you get a lot less cred when you put yourself on there.

Top Bottom