• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Zicore

Smash Champion
on a smash note, after this tourny, when/where is the next smashfest gonna be? I want to make sure I get off of work for it. Quaz's or Spikes house?

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
I rele wanted to head up to quaz's today but warwolfe n them wanna play football and next week i'm headed to the dells so idk things get pretty gay pretty fast i'll make it up there when I can I promise lool prolly when I get back from dells

Sliq

Smash Master
eh? someone say something? sorry forgot to turn my queer filter off you see i'm homophobic so you should stay about an internet's length away kthnx gj with y'know the playing defense thing good for you, you people sure are...what's the word your kind use? fabulous? right right fabulous, gratz again
Good to know you're an intolerant prick. I'll be sure to shit on you as you sleep.

Sliq

Smash Master
I still believe that the highest honor on smashboards is to be quoted in someone's sig. And today, my dreams have come true.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
I still believe that the highest honor on smashboards is to be quoted in someone's sig. And today, my dreams have come true.
It's a shame that we have so little space for signatures. Because the irony presented in signaturing that quote is so delicious that starving African kids would feel the equivalence of a 7-course meal just by reading it.

Sliq

Smash Master
It's a shame that we have so little space for signatures. Because the irony presented in signaturing that quote is so delicious that starving African kids would feel the equivalence of a 7-course meal just by reading it.
God Deezy that's a lot of irony.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
I just pondered an idea that I might not to ought to have been pondered.

We all know what johns are, right? And we know what it means when someone johns... both seem the same, but one is a noun while the other is a present-tense verb; (to john). Now my question to you is this: Is/are johns a singular noun, or a plural noun? It seems to be used mostly as "johns", for both plural and singular, although it seems that it can be used as a singular "john" too.

There are several instances where the case is clear:

"That is a totally unacceptable john."
"These johns are getting on my nerves."

However, there are times where the boundary between plural and singular becomes blurred:

"If 90% of what he says is johns, then you know it's The Oaf."

Zicore: "My C-Stick wouldn't down smash!"
KSSB: "Controller johns."

How did such confusion come to be created? Can the cause of such a conundrum be uncovered?!

...yeah, I'm going to bed now.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
I just pondered an idea that I might not to ought to have been pondered.

We all know what johns are, right? And we know what it means when someone johns... both seem the same, but one is a noun while the other is a present-tense verb; (to john). Now my question to you is this: Is/are johns a singular noun, or a plural noun? It seems to be used mostly as "johns", for both plural and singular, although it seems that it can be used as a singular "john" too.

There are several instances where the case is clear:

"That is a totally unacceptable john."
"These johns are getting on my nerves."

However, there are times where the boundary between plural and singular becomes blurred:

"If 90% of what he says is johns, then you know it's The Oaf."

Zicore: "My C-Stick wouldn't down smash!"
KSSB: "Controller johns."

How did such confusion come to be created? Can the cause of such a conundrum be uncovered?!

...yeah, I'm going to bed now.
http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/Johns

nooooooooob

Zicore

Smash Champion
:cry: please....NOOOO.....I come to smashboads to get away from school...now all of this...please...for the love of god...STOP THIS CRUEL GAME!

Ethan.

Smash Ace
Chrono, john(s) are john(s). No one cares if its plural or singular, why should we? The point of the word is to make someone either a) stop complaining by pointing out that they are doing so, or b) use it completely out of context to spam (see 5150). So in conclusion, drop it, no one cares.

Also,

noooooooooob

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
Who told you to post in purple while I was away though i'm not really leaving until today but anyway get your own thing instead of a human slapping seal. That seal is so ugly I could skin it, turn the skin into a few wallets, and get every Rise Against member to buy one

Top Bottom