• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Use Contraception?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Seriously why? Other than satisfying your selfish lust, give me a good reason. Don't give me that AIDS prevention garbage because a condom doesn't even protect against the most commong STD (known as HPV). And don't tell me it's because you "love" her either, because you can't possibly know real love if you confuse it with lust. The entire world has watered down the true meaning of sex and love into a simple biological process, and the end result is a selifsh using of others. Using others for your own desire is the complete opposite of real love.

Not only that, why would you want to use a condom? If you have sex during infertile months of the woman CORRECTLY (aka planned parenthood) then you have a 98-99% chance that she won't pregnant.

Tell me why you use contraception. Let's just be honest with ourselves and admit that we don't respect the human dignity of our lovers and ourselves.

Oracle

Smash Master
You sir are win

Finding the right time doesn't work as well as you think. Most people do, but it's kind of hard to predict and if you're off by even a little bit, then you're screwed. Even then you would still need a condom to protect from STD's

Also this will probably get closed soon, so hi azua

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Seriously why? Other than satisfying your selfish lust, give me a good reason. Don't give me that AIDS prevention garbage because a condom doesn't even protect against the most commong STD (known as HPV). And don't tell me it's because you "love" her either, because you can't possibly know real love if you confuse it with lust. The entire world has watered down the true meaning of sex and love into a simple biological process, and the end result is a selifsh using of others. Using others for your own desire is the complete opposite of real love.

Not only that, why would you want to use a condom? If you have sex during infertile months of the woman CORRECTLY (aka planned parenthood) then you have a 98-99% chance that she won't pregnant.

Tell me why you use contraception. Let's just be honest with ourselves and admit that we don't respect the human dignity of our lovers and ourselves.
Your argument is so wrong and dangerous that it's hard not to address it.

First off, educate yourself:

http://www.shopinprivate.com/coninshopcon.html said:
Disease Prevention

Sexually transmitted diseases are virtually 100% preventable with proper condom use. So well do latex condoms block germs that, since 1987, the FDA has allowed condom boxes to list all the diseases condoms help avert. More recently, the FDA told companies that the message was so crucial, they should also print it on the wrappers of individual condoms. Condom boxes warn that the product is intended for ******l sex, but health officials say it's crucial to use condoms in anal and oral sex, too.

In a European study less than 2% of partners of people that had AIDS contracted the disease when the couple used condoms regularly and correctly. This study and a similar study done in Italy show that condoms are extremely effective in preventing the spread of disease, but only if the latex condoms are used effectively.
Second off, the rhythm method, which you described, is HIGHLY ineffective overall. See:

http://www.epigee.org/guide/rhythm.html said:
Effectiveness
The rhythm method has an average failure rate of 13 to 20%. It is not recommended for women who have irregular cycles or who do not have menstrual cycles that are exactly the same number of days every month.
In conclusion, before you start criticizing people, learn your facts.

Contraception is used to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Some forms also prevent diseases, such as AIDS. HPV is as yet something you cannot protect against, but AIDS is much more severe.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer

I'm sure this plays into your idea that no one "gets it" but you, but if you honestly tell anyone in public what you just said here you won't even have to worry about having sex.

edit: triple tag team

double edit: got moved to DH when I was posting

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
The entire world has watered down the true meaning of sex and love into a simple biological process, and the end result is a selifsh using of others.
You speak as though you are thousands of years old and knew the world first-hand before there was contraception. Somehow, I doubt that.

Sex shouldn't be something that is carefully planned and calculated in my opinion. I think it's safe to say that most couples wouldn't want to have sex only on certain days. Also, there are the problems with this method that Crimson King addressed.

So anyone who uses a condom has no respect for human dignity and cannot possibly feel love? Love can be expressed in many more ways than just through sex. Condoms were invented for a purpose, and people use them for a purpose. If there was no purpose to them, and many more people thought of them in the same light that you do... well I'm sure they would be all gone in a matter of time. But they won't be.

D

Deleted member

Seriously why? Other than satisfying your selfish lust
I stopped there. Why are you assuming there is a problem with protected sex? Are you actually going to try and define (and therein restrict) love?

I would normally try to help your arguments out in this situation, but if you think condoms are ineffective against preventing STDs, the problem is not syntax, grammar, or logic - it's ignorance. Read Crimson King's post.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Ladies and gentlemen, this wasn't made for the PG or DH, so it's likely that there are plenty of unnecessary errors. Well, kinda...

Anyways:
1) To prevent pregnancy
2) So they don't get STDs transferred by seminal fluids

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Wait a minute Joker.

Why are you leaving pleasure and bonding out of it? Using a condom is a big difference for both partners.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Wait a minute Joker.

Why are you leaving pleasure and bonding out of it? Using a condom is a big difference for both partners.
? I don't understand what you're saying here...

Pleasure and bonding are the reasons for sex, not condoms :?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
This is a joke topic right? I mean surely you don't actually believe these things:

Seriously why? Other than satisfying your selfish lust, give me a good reason. Don't give me that AIDS prevention garbage because a condom doesn't even protect against the most commong STD (known as HPV).
"Satisfying your selfish lust" is the reason most people masturbate and many people choose to have sex. It's a perfectly good reason whether YOU like it or not.

And condoms may not eliminate the risk of STD's 100% but they certainly reduce it.

And don't tell me it's because you "love" her either, because you can't possibly know real love if you confuse it with lust. The entire world has watered down the true meaning of sex and love into a simple biological process, and the end result is a selifsh using of others. Using others for your own desire is the complete opposite of real love.
I like how you can speak for all the people out there that are having sex who are simply "using" others. And even if they were being used, so what? Being able to satisfy your partner's and your own sexual desires (your definition of "being used") is one of the reasons people enter relationships in the first place.

Your argument is juvenile, grow up.

"Infertile months"? Really?

I take it by having sex "correctly" you mean oral or anal sex. Yes you are indeed unlikely to get pregnant but those practices have nothing to do with timing.

And people wonder why we need comprehensive sex education in this country.

So you're saying it would be more respectful to human dignity by knocking up your girlfriend and having a child before you're ready. I'm not sure how that makes sense to anyone.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I think it's safe to say that this is a useless one-sided debate; every post from now on will be a repetition of ones prior to it. We can all agree that the initial poster of the thread was misinformed on the matter. Besides, this thread was not initially posted in the Debate Hall, and the topic wasn't really a debatable one to begin with.

My point: close this thread please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom