• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Samus' pummel sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Ill spell it how i want, thanks.

And dryn is allowed to NOT KNOW somthing. Heck, i didnt know u could angle samus's final smash so should i be called an idiot? I agree he isnt the most knowledgeable guy when it comes to samus but it doesnt give you the right to call him names MULTIPLE TIMES just cause he doesnt know something. And on top of that, the pummel thing on on bowser.....yea that is COMPLETELY USELESS info.

Heck, i can quiz you over all sorts of smash trash and make u look a moron. And i bet you could do the same to me, so we are all in the same boat.

I like you, man! But come on, thats kinda of a low blow u gave him.
Alright Zero77. (I'll spell it how I pronounce it)

Also it's more or less he didn't bother reading and inferring from my posts to find his answer. He completely overlooks my posts unless he sees I'm calling him a name. (That's more or less the reason I do so) If I actually wanted to insult him, I wouldn't do it directly. If I wanted him to read my post, I would.

Oh, might I add a moderator is supposed to encourage conversations, but the first thing he did (and, as far as I know. Only re-opened due to my *****ing) was close the topic containing the ghost pummels and the decision to try and find away to pummel Bowser?

What happened after he re-opened the topic?

We found the way in less then a day.

On a fun note, I think that quiz would be fun. Would give me something to do when I'm bored.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Also it's more or less he didn't bother reading and inferring from my posts to find his answer. He completely overlooks my posts unless he sees I'm calling him a name. (That's more or less the reason I do so)
It's kind of hard to read what you write when all you wish to do is call me an idiot.

"More or less" is the new phrase.

If I actually wanted to insult him, I wouldn't do it directly. If I wanted him to read my post, I would.
But implicitly insulting others is so much easier, amirite?

Oh, might I add a moderator is supposed to encourage conversations, but the first thing he did (and, as far as I know. Only re-opened due to my *****ing) was close the topic containing the ghost pummels and the decision to try and find away to pummel Bowser?
It was common knowledge that the pummel didn't work the way it should with Samus. And still, no one has gone into the coding to find out why Samus' pummel is the way it is, hence my asking, "Do you have the technology?" I'm still waiting.

What happened after he re-opened the topic?

We found the way in less then a day.
It's still not groundbreaking, and I wasn't surprised, to say the least. Of course, no one answered my question. Since you're a know-it-all, seeing that I should have known the answer to my own question, please, do feel free to tell us if a pummel that does not land still refreshes moves.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
It was noted before that coders from one of the modified versions of Brawl have been able to fix Samus's pummel on Bowser by slightly increasing the size of the hitbox. So in conclusion, it was a fluke that the developers made in having Samus's pummel hitbox be that small.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It was noted before that coders from one of the modified versions of Brawl have been able to fix Samus's pummel on Bowser by slightly increasing the size of the hitbox. So in conclusion, it was a fluke that the developers made in having Samus's pummel hitbox be that small.
Thank you, NO-IDea.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
A pummel that does not land does not refresh moves.

A move that is a glancing blow or is shielded or misses (such as Samus's pummel did) would not be counted in the stale move counter.

Metatitan

Smash Master
From what I've seen from ya'll, I just gotta say that this whole mess is stupid. Dryn, you don't know if something minor helps or not unless you use it in real matches. Samus' pummel is fast and would wrack up on the stale counter pretty quickly, how isn't that helpful? Your charged shot just got fresher. SuSa likes to insult people who are too stubborn to accept that they might be wrong or who make stupid posts, and you took his bait.

Stop crying over someone insulting you, as if internet insults held any meaning.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Lol. But that is the point. Why pummel as fast as you can when they all don't count?

Samus mains know (or now know) to time their pummels. If there's anything we learned from this thread, it was the reason for ghost pummels on Bowser. Which is somewhat neat to know, but not necessarily significant.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
From what I've seen from ya'll, I just gotta say that this whole mess is stupid. Dryn, you don't know if something minor helps or not unless you use it in real matches. Samus' pummel is fast and would wrack up on the stale counter pretty quickly, how isn't that helpful? Your charged shot just got fresher. SuSa likes to insult people who are too stubborn to accept that they might be wrong or who make stupid posts, and you took his bait.

Stop crying over someone insulting you, as if internet insults held any meaning.
Pummeling at a fast pace doesn't refresh attacks in the same way if you were to pummel slowly. It only takes nine pummels, but doing them too fast, even if you land nine in, doesn't make it fully refreshed. Pummeling fast is only useful in getting maybe extra hits, because your opponents break out easily. I don't know how they do it.

Also, you don't know the history between me and SuSa, so don't come in here thinking you know what you're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom