• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why play pichu????

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
He's fun pikachu is fat and sucks and it looks like ice climber players like to play as him. And why play as the ice climbers? they are the hardest in the game to fight with, and everyone is gay to them.A(down-smash)

Pichu has a lot going for him if you weren't so blind, pichu's fair beats falcon's fair it's very useful when recovery sometimes

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Pichu has a lot going for him if you weren't so blind, pichu's fair beats falcon's fair it's very useful when recovery sometimes
Can anyone say "denial"? I have always respected low tier players and believe that those are the people who will change the game the most if they are persistent but you sound oblivious to your characters weaknesses. At least keep it real.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I 100% know his weaknesses even more than all the people who whin about his weaknesses did you know pichu can be hit by a lot of moves on the edge? Did you know pichu has the smallest edge sweetspot? But I also know more about his strong spots, I have some of it posted in a another thread up

No I just don't want bring up his weaknesses because that's all the pichu boards have talked about for over 8 years and why no one wants to even try as pichu. And I know his flaws so let's advance with his pros

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
1. Cuuuuuuuuuuuute <3

2. 2 taunts. =D

3. *****es don't know about my nairssssss.

4. Super tiny, and I like his mobility/movement.

AWWW ****TT. Insane Carzy Guy, nice to see you back eh!

Also, I think what he's trying to get across is that Pichu isn't as bad as most people think he is. Like, sure he's garbage but he's less garbage than say...kirby.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu has a good grab game with a lot of possible set-ups(all air moves) has 2 chain throws and they last longer then pikachu's and a tech chase.

good recovery B stops them from edge gaurding and a wall jump,side ,up-B and hard to hit.

hard to combo,camp,juggle, and hit

more ways to approch than pikachu, up-B. amazing SHFFL, good edge gaurd,great sheild, fast powerful,good juggle,fair sets up grabs very good at any %.

That's not even his details like Down-B is an amzing anti juggle move,his jab beats any non charged projectile and quickly catchs bombs,landing lag,can't be pillar or waveshined,immue to all but one chain throw from the ice climbers,side-B can cancel it's lag,peach/zelda can't grab him when he jabs giving him great sheild that can't be punished, no stage is really bad for him,thunder can combo FFers into whatever, thunder hurts sheilds really bad, corn has a bunch of tatics.

I have 20 papes of notes on pichu's pros and stuff I know m S***. Please don't bring up lol pichu is light and stuff

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Nair and upsmash is Pichu B&B, everybody does it. I'm checking youtube for vids, anything you guys would suggest? I'm just trying to level with you before I make my judgments. I don't have much against the character but I just don't see any enter tournaments. That to me means everything when someone is claiming to be a Pichu main and doesn't use it in tourney except on people they know they can beat. I give DJ and Warriorknight credit that they actually use Bowser in tournament. Iori too for Mewtwo. I just wanna see real Pichu mains and not people who pick him up but are tourney shy.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
You may be one of the smartest people to ever come to these boards, not even jokeing. But to be hontesy I can't get many people to fight and do win good amount roughly half, and i,ve beaten this falco main and his fox and I never let him get a head of me more than a stock.

I can never make it anywhere and there are very few tourments were I live there should be one in a few weeks.

But I would take my pichu to tourments.

LLDL

Smash Hero
The best Pichu I've seen was t0mmy. And he wasn't all that good. Maybe we all need to actually start seeing some good pichu players?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I argee, We need to start building pichu's metagame now if has been untouched for about 8 years we are way behind. I say we find all the pichu players that aren't afraid to play vs real people and don't whin alot and start there.

Here's the first thing we can try upair appraoch it has more range than nair, set-up juggling, grabs, and nair.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
I definitely agree that Pichu is better than Kirby. But until I see footage, I gotta say the cons outweigh the pros.

Yeah, her physical attacks have average priority, but she can't utilize them like Fox can. They have no range, and she's just too slow. She suffers insane hitstun compared to any other character i've played. She has some of the worst range on her grab of anyone, and the fact that she has no range and is light (this is why her weight matters) means she's often limited to bait and punish (which is still difficult because of her range).

On the upside, yeah, she has a great SHFFL, and she can combo into most of her aerials pretty well. Her smashes are all also pretty good killing moves. But more often than not (in my experience anyway), they're the only options to get off a kill at a reasonable %. Limiting her options more over and making her extremely predictable.

Smash Master
So, I played my Fox against this guy (Josh) who's beaten RockCrock. And he wrecked me. Then I tried Marth, and he wrecked me. For some reason, my Pichu managed to beat his Sheik (albeit it was a friendly, but still.) Whenever I face him in tourney, I know my best chance of winning is with Pichu, and I play several characters at a competent level.

Personally, I don't like up-smash. The hitbox doesn't extend far enough in front, and it's not *that* powerful. I use a lot of nair -> dsmash at mid percentages. Dsmash is also a great kill move at high percentages since it sends them out at a worse angle than sheik's fair. Fsmash is an incredible mixup since it ***** spotdodges and slightly diminished shields. It's also absurdly powerful, on par with Roy's sweetspotted fsmash.

Pichu is NOT slow, derfleurer. I don't know where you got that idea, but get rid of it. She has a five frame jump, fast falling speed, fast running speed leading to lots of aerial momentum, low startup- low lag aerials, and only one frame of lag on her up-B.

She does die fast, though. She gets comboed like any other fastfaller, she's light, and she hurts herself. She also gets chaingrabbed by everyone with a chaingrab. Her techroll is really short as well, so even Kirby can techchase her, which is really sad.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
I said she had a great SHFFL. But that doesn't change the fact that she suffers insane hitstun and has an incredibly short roll and wavedash.

And just so no one else completely freaks out on me, I do play all characters. And short of Fox, Mario, and Falcon, I play them all evenly.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Has anyone tried emphasising on cross over aerials to neutrals A spamming on shield? If you can keep the pressure on the inside maybe all you'd have to get is that one cross over instead of flyinf by when ever you think it's safe.

T0MMY

Smash Master
The best Pichu I've seen was t0mmy. And he wasn't all that good. Maybe we all need to actually start seeing some good pichu players?
Making it to pro bracket and having to face players like Ken and DBR isn't all that good for a Pichu player?
Yeah...

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
Who'd you face to get into pro bracket? And how far did you get? All i'm seeing online are videos vs your brother (and one vs Eggz).

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
4 frame jump not 5 frame. piochu has 2 chain throws, a tech-chase, and the best pummel in the game I,ve read the m2k thing and many other things, go them and you will see i,m right.

I predict the next post will be like oh pichu hurts him self and etc. or no pichu have ____ going for him. Tell you what, F*** it the pichu boards was and always will be worse than the roy boards, why? IT's the same F***ing stuff day in and out prove me wrong please. Heck i could with it if it were just half of you but it's 90%.

I been argeed for years, it clearly isn't going to help pichu, let's try helping his metagame for a change.

What are your veiws on pichu's grab game to the point we have the grab. and we are going to...

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
Pichu can get cheap kos at low percents by edge guarding with forward smash.

I wish I had more advice, but aside from the chain throws on fast fallers I don't know much about pichu.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I would f-smash a little before they could at you, that way they have less time to di, I think pichu has a good grab game, it chain throws,tech-chases,goodknockback,many set-ups,sets up juggleing/combos,but what do I know it's not like everyone in the game can do all that, falcos doesn't,fox's doesn't half,marth's lacks the easy set-ups, jigglypuff sets up combos and gets them off.

Pichu can work with grabs so let's us them, approach with more moves like upair, zip up on them with up-B, grabs get rid of the range problem in a way because your in control they can't attack.

Smash Master
Does fair produce enough shieldstun to allow for a free grab on block? I really haven't incorporated grabs into my game very much. It's mostly nairs, smashes, and edgeguarding.

Also, uair - dair is a combo on many characters at various percentages.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yes fair can beat their sheild if both of you are grabing I think you have a frame or 2 advance(if your slow well your slow), your jab (it's not the best choice) should always win no matter what.

who you fight should affect what you SHFFL like don't upair/fair jigglypuff. if they CC a lot don't fair. Hey 1048576 thanks for not being one of those people

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
wow good thread i guess lol? i c some of u feel pretty strong about defending him but falcon obviously destroys pichu anyday and so does EVERY other character in the game except mewtwo.

Smash Master
wow good thread i guess lol? i c some of u feel pretty strong about defending him but falcon obviously destroys pichu anyday and so does EVERY other character in the game except mewtwo.
I really think Pichu's not as bad as people say. No way he's lower than Kirby, no way he's lower than M2, and no way he's lower than Ness.

I played a Falcon recently with Pichu on fd. He had no way of dealing with my nair other than to put up his shield. Once he was offstage, it was over. I did get comboed pretty hard, but not at zero, and not to death because he was pretty much incapable of edgeguarding, as most characters are against Pichu. I ended up winning that match after losing with Marth. It's pretty much a running joke where I play that Pichu is my counterpicks.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu can deal with ffers really good, falcon should be the hardest. you have 3 things to spam them to death d-throw, up-throw,up-air, they all can 0 to death if you follow them. heck my brother throws his controller in rage because of it sometimes then I get P***ed because I bought them.

I feel pichu's metagame may began to pick up, if we have people try

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I,m talking about the people alreadly play as him wyf does anyone here believe you could get people to play as pichu by asking? you don't have to play him but if you do try. I will only tell people to play as him if they bash the F*** out of him or his players or are like why would play pichu and other useless annoying stuff.

Top Bottom