• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Young Link a Peach Counter?

Cort

Apple Head
I can't tell if you're sarcastic or not due to the interwebs and considering my words are always awesome, but there is a lot of truth to them, all sillyness aside.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Where have you people been?
Young Link counters Fox, Falco, Peach, Sheik, and Ganondorf.
Pichu, Mario, and Bowser counter Young Link.

Cia

das kwl
I said I wouldn't contribute anymore, but it got interesting again.. lolz

I think it's just the Young Link player's style in general that determines how well he does against peach.

ex. jash does a lot better against peaches than I do prolly because he's a faster and more technical YL user than I am. however, my play style is a little more anticipation and camp, so I tend to do a bit better against fox (NOT THAT YL COUNTERS FOX, SO DON'T KILL ME)

my point is, I think the player's style has a lot to do with his match ups

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
The reason that Chu wins more with Young Link than Young Link mains is just because he is better at playing in general. He does play smart, but it is not like he trained his Young Link to be on par with his ICs.

Chu Dat usually wins more against Peach with ICs than Young Link. Unless you are going to tell me that ICs are better than Young Link at this matchup, then Chu Dat is just much better with Ice Climbers.

No, I do not believe Young Link is a hard counter, but he isn't just a push over either.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
One flaw with the matchup chart is that it doesn't say -where- the person's skill is, it just implies that the two players are of the same skill. For example: if both players are just starting the game, Fox is nowhere near top-tier since neither of the players will have the skill required to do a lot of the advanced techniques. On the other hand, "easy" characters like Peach would be top-tier because you could just spam down smash and beat out the other noob quite easily. Intermediate is a different story, and so is advanced to pro. Somewhere in those skill levels, Young Link is a counter to Peach, but in some of the other skill levels he's not. Has purely to do with how well you can utilize advanced techniques and metagame such as float canceling and pressure.

Cort

Apple Head
You were on the right track almost until you stated Young Link is a counter to Peach, then you went off on some weird tangent that had nothing to do with anything.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
lol wow...i think my question was answered like....10 pages ago but thanks to everyone contributing opinions...on both sides...my conclusion is that who ever made the match up chart is dumb...who made it anyway?

btw i hear pikachu does pretty well against captain falcon (true story) lol

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Where have you people been?
Young Link counters Fox, Falco, Peach, Sheik, and Ganondorf.
Pichu, Mario, and Bowser counter Young Link.
For sure.

There was a discussion in the Y.Link forums where we proved Y.Link counters falco.

Y.Link is only low tier because of his taunt tbh.

YazYaz

Smash Apprentice
My personal opinion: Y. Link, Link, and Samus are all counters against Peach if used wisely. I have a hard time fighting any of these projectile characters cuase they can just shoot all day long and run away while you rack away damage. It all depends on how they use their characters. but yea.. that's my opinion.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
My personal opinion: Y. Link, Link, and Samus are all counters against Peach if used wisely. I have a hard time fighting any of these projectile characters cuase they can just shoot all day long and run away while you rack away damage. It all depends on how they use their characters. but yea.. that's my opinion.
heres my opinion, shaddup

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
you're stupid.

please dont post about this game again :)

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
lol wow...i think my question was answered like....10 pages ago but thanks to everyone contributing opinions...on both sides...my conclusion is that who ever made the match up chart is dumb...who made it anyway?

btw i hear pikachu does pretty well against captain falcon (true story) lol
i started this thread again...

and XIF is right

SamDvds

Smash Ace
samus = best crouch cancel in the game

peach down smash + crouch cancel = hurricane katrina in a skirt & samus = new orleans

peach a$$ > missles and semi-charged shots

floating & turnips > bomb jump recovery

therefore peach > samus

SamDvds

Smash Ace
<<< is not a man (one of the few and far between 'girl smashers') it is true though peach = hurricane katrina, but i've heard her called far more offensive things, such as her having her signature orgasm while being K-O'd off the top of the screen lolz.

Cia

das kwl
laijin probably meant that the metaphor was offensive to those devastated by the tragedy..

either way, I always new peach died unusually happy, lolz

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Nobody should be offended by people poking fun at a natural disaster since nobody was specifically targeted. Peach players, on the other hand, should take great offense.

Cia

das kwl
I was in Pascagoula when Katrina hit and I am not offended. Maybe someone else would be offended.
yeah, it's not a big deal. I live in NY, so I'm definitely in no way offended. but someone who had their home destroyed and their family killed might be offended. I think that was what laijin was trying to say

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
My house was destroyed along with almost all my possesions (vids/pics of me as a child, old keep sakes, heirlooms, and other irreplacable items). No one died from Katrina in my family (big yays for that).

About this thread: Who plays as Young Link anyways. . . . . . . . . . . . ? Since Young Link is nowhere near a hard counter and no one plays him, it doesn't matter. If you have problems with him, then be gay and choose either Sheik, Fox, or CF.

Cia

das kwl
My house was destroyed along with almost all my possesions (vids/pics of me as a child, old keep sakes, heirlooms, and other irreplacable items). No one died from Katrina in my family (big yays for that).

About this thread: Who plays as Young Link anyways. . . . . . . . . . . . ? Since Young Link is nowhere near a hard counter and no one plays him, it doesn't matter. If you have problems with him, then be gay and choose either Sheik, Fox, or CF.
lolz, I play young link and I **** sheik, fox and sometimes CF better than I do peach. lolz.

even though young link is low tier, and really smart player can camp you and keep you at a distance for as long as he needs to. not only that, he can combo pretty much any weight class in the game (similar to CF, but not as extreme)

SamDvds

Smash Ace
*SIGH* I know what laijin meant....i was simply illustrating the effects of peach's downsmash against a samus crouch cancel. jeez ppl lighten up.

Cort

Apple Head
Looks like Y.Link players should be more closely observed and stereotyped. That would be kind of fun.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Its like you can't miss an edge guard against Ness.
I think Ness is the one character you edge-guard with JUST the jump button. Heck, you can kill him with just the control stick!

Cort

Apple Head
Have you ever seen Mofo's Ness? Back in the day he beat chillindude and at the MLG NY playoffs he beat Husband.

Easily the best Ness I've ever seen, no one else even compares.

I eat his Ness for breakfast with the control stick.

Cia

das kwl
Have you ever seen Mofo's Ness? Back in the day he beat chillindude and at the MLG NY playoffs he beat Husband.

Easily the best Ness I've ever seen, no one else even compares.

I eat his Ness for breakfast with the control stick.
Bum's Ness..

Cort

Apple Head
I'm gonna go ahead and just assume it's nothing compared to Mofo's until I see it myself.

My Ness is also pretty good, all inspiration came from Mofo.

Top Bottom