• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why i think there is no johns for the us (serious topic)

MasterHavik

Smash Cadet
You can't say that because Daigo loses sometimes, and it's a well known fact that Armada is unbeatable.

Daigo was unbeatable before latif knock off his throne and then he went downhill from their. So expect Armada to fall off the map at the next apex to another international player or one of our us guys. Besides...the fights i saw with Armada were close. This dude is barely pulling games out. So like I said he is a really good player, but he's not unbeatable.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Can I still ride Mango's nuts though?

#mangonation?

...please?

(Haha. Armada, keep doing what you're doing. Maybe now people can get over HOLDIN DAT **** and actually admit on the boards that you're the best in the world.)

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Are you serious?

When Armada plays a secondary it's a bad thing but with PP it's a good thing? k
dont forget hbox, he had to pick up a secondary to try and beat armada's secondary

:nifty:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah, and if he had picked any character better than Ness (maybe Marth?), he would have probably won.
He obviously didn't feel that way, and most likely has a better idea than anyone else over which character would give him more success.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
His Ness can win that matchup. The rewards aren't as great as a rest could be, but the higher amount of openings between Y.link's projectiles makes it less stressful to deal with.

Hbox!!!! Yo-yo glitch his boomerang. It works.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
Daigo was unbeatable before latif knock off his throne and then he went downhill from their. So expect Armada to fall off the map at the next apex to another international player or one of our us guys. Besides...the fights i saw with Armada were close. This dude is barely pulling games out. So like I said he is a really good player, but he's not unbeatable.
oh man, words cannot express how much i hate these people registered in 2013. youre here for like a week, according to your arguments probably coming from the fighting game scene and hence knowing nothing about the smash community or understanding whats going on in the matches actually. you sound really infantile to me as well, no offense.

to come to your point, the matches werent close. have you seen WF? armada 3-0 PP? armada barely pulled that out, huh? anyways, armada is the best smasher in history, nobodys gonna be able to defeat him. i know your american pride doesnt let you accept this and instead of seeing how armada ***** his way through bracket you think like oh peepee actually lost the tournament so this means he is equally as good or even better and dont forget mango, luckily armada didnt meet him in bracket, bull****

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Armada is the best player in the world! :)

Congratz to him, pulling this amazing stuff out with Peach! This is what character loyalty, hard work, determination and of course, the most important aspect of them all, talent, will bring you - success! ;)

Glad to see your doing well brother! Btw, be glad i stopped playing otherwise u know who'd be the number 1 player right now, ikke sant Adam? :p

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
I was kidding saying what I said (thought the Kappa would indicate it), but seriously, I don't see why people who were "riding Daigo's nuts" would look stupid now. Of course it depends on the level of nuts riding you're talking about, but saying Armada is the best in the world right now in 2013 won't be wrong in 10 years, as well as saying Daigo was the best in the world at some point (2004? I don't quite follow the SF scene so I'm not sure) is still true.

Also, a lot of people have been saying during the last 3 years that Armada would surely fall at the next (inter)national, but for the moment his worst placing is a 4th in early 2010. He will be beaten someday, but I wouldn't be so sure about his failing at the next major. But hey, who knows?

MasterHavik

Smash Cadet
oh man, words cannot express how much i hate these people registered in 2013. youre here for like a week, according to your arguments probably coming from the fighting game scene and hence knowing nothing about the smash community or understanding whats going on in the matches actually. you sound really infantile to me as well, no offense.

to come to your point, the matches werent close. have you seen WF? armada 3-0 PP? armada barely pulled that out, huh? anyways, armada is the best smasher in history, nobodys gonna be able to defeat him. i know your american pride doesnt let you accept this and instead of seeing how armada ***** his way through bracket you think like oh peepee actually lost the tournament so this means he is equally as good or even better and dont forget mango, luckily armada didnt meet him in bracket, bull****
Remember KirbyandSonicrock14? That's me. Winning steak anyone? That's me. I wasn't able to get my old account back. I know a pretty good amount about the smash communtiy I joined this site since I was in grade school. So back off the date man. Btw...what you said about armada is what people said about Daigo.

Btw i played a little Brawl back in the days too. I was never good at meele, even though I knew how how most of the characters work in meele.

I was kidding saying what I said (thought the Kappa would indicate it), but seriously, I don't see why people who were "riding Daigo's nuts" would look stupid now. Of course it depends on the level of nuts riding you're talking about, but saying Armada is the best in the world right now in 2013 won't be wrong in 10 years, as well as saying Daigo was the best in the world at some point (2004? I don't quite follow the SF scene so I'm not sure) is still true.

Also, a lot of people have been saying during the last 3 years that Armada would surely fall at the next (inter)national, but for the moment his worst placing is a 4th in early 2010. He will be beaten someday, but I wouldn't be so sure about his failing at the next major. But hey, who knows?
my bad. i can see what you're saying.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
why are people still replying seriously to this thread

better question, why are people still playing melee?

armada keeps winning

guys just stop

armada won melee

dkuo

Smash Lord
^ OBVIOUSLY a joke <_<

and armada's sets going close is pretty expected since peach relies off trading in many instances. then again idk

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
This post honestly made me burst into laughter. Good to know people are still taking troll threads to this level, good **** man.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
this is nonsense, armada has often said that marth is one of his favorite matchups.
so if i say my favorite matchup is ness vs sheik, does this make a good matchup for ness then? i dont mind if armada likes the matchup but that doesnt change the fact that peach-marth is a horrible outlook for peach. she just cant get through.

Bing

Smash Master
so if i say my favorite matchup is ness vs sheik, does this make a good matchup for ness then? i dont mind if armada likes the matchup but that doesnt change the fact that peach-marth is a horrible outlook for peach. she just cant get through.
umm... If someone likes a matchup, generally that means they're pretty good at it, therefore you statement about Ness and Sheik... makes no sense...

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
"Generally". Armada plays this game for the competitive challenge, so he probably enjoys the worst matchups.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Armada is really good vs marth, hes beaten several of the best marths in the world, including on occasion the robot, People are sleeping on how good pps marth is and matchup johnning really hard for him (armada) and I just dont understand why.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
hes also said hes really good at it, his best along with falco.
dont quote me on it since it was a while back he said it, but there it is.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
marth peach is not that bad for peach. in marth's favor for sure, but nothing a good player can't deal with. it's probably closer to even than Fox vs Peach is, a character Armada hasn't lost to like ever in a million years.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Felt bad for hbox. I guess he really wanted to win. Gay char or not, he isn't there for you to see him on stream. He can cry if he wants.

I was hoping his ness woulda won, but I think he switched to jiggs when he needed more than one set to continue.

:phone:

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Mango sucks. He puts on some false charade that he plays for the crowd, and plays to generate hype- when in fact, Mango says this to make HIMSELF feel like he cannot lose, 'cause he nevers goes "tryhard".

Mango, we don't want to see your aggressive Fox, we want to see a calculated and precise Falco. Stop trying to pretend you're playing for the crowd. Stop coping out. You know you can't beat Armada, which is why you "play to generate hype" (you're actually going mad tryhard, you just won't admit it). You're washed up. Step up your ****ing game if you want to be the best again.

PP MAY be able to beat Armada in the future, but I'm not sure.

Hungrybox is whatever.

Mew2King has to get everything out of his head and just play the damn game.

Armada cannot be beaten. Good thing he retired, now I won't be able to predict the outcome of every single large-scale tournament. Wait...now who's going to beat PP?

Top Bottom