• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why i think there is no johns for the us (serious topic)

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys, Apex was a great tournament but I´d like to point out some stuff. I hear a lot of stuff like what if Mango made it into GF finals he would have ***** Armada blablabla.

Mango promised to play his absoulte best and going try-hard again. What happened? He lost 2 sets to M2k. Why? Because M2k outplayed him. A lot of people underestimate how much of a difference it is to actually play the matchup in the current metagame. Mango doesnt play matchups. His style worked in 09 but this is 13. He gotta step it up or hes never gonna place top 2 consistently again. M2k in contrary does play matchups. And he plays them very well. A lot of standard stuff, baits, very good coverage in the edgeguard. This tourney was definately one of M2ks bigger successes altough I think its sad he didnt make it into grand finals. He had it coming.
Also there is no way Mango could beat Armada. Armada optimized the Fox and the Falco matchup and if theres ever gonna be an upset like Armada gets sent into LB its not by either one of those two.

Hungrybox. I dont really know why hes showing the sad man on the stream. I honestly think he discarded his dignity there and I think thats very pathetic. Okay I have to admit its an emotional situation but here are the reason why I still think its inappropriate: HB plays Puff a very broken and gay character. I dont see why he didnt deserve his dreams of becoming the Apex champ being shattered like glasses when hes obviously doing the some thing with great players like for example Shroomed or Overtriforce. Do they cry on stream? No. What is more, Hungrybox can be very happy to make it this far. Leffen had the set but risked too much and in the end Hungrybox pulled out the gayest stuff ever. He should also be mentally prepared to lose against Armada and Mango since they are a lot better. I also think Overtriforce and Leffen are better but thats a different theory.

Dr Peepee looked really helpless this tournament. His Falco got destroyed by multiple people and with Armada leading the way. Like I said before there is no way on earth that a Falco or Fox can beat Armada. He has perfected the matchup. However there is a chance that a Marth can overwhelm Armada. Since PP is not a bad of a player Armada actually takes a bit longer than usual to adapt to the new situation. The problem again is also the NTSC difference. He dropped the 3rd match in set 2 only because he got spiked. Wouldnt have happened in PAL and so it would be a clean 3-0. That just shows how much of a sick monster Armada is. He drops the first set due to adaption and ***** the second set. Peepee had a good surprise moment here because Marth-Peach is a horrible matchup for Armada. Marth has so many things to counter Peach and PP is not dumb either.

These were just a few things I wanted to clarify. Actually I think its very cool that so many people pulled out their secondaries because they knew they would get 3-0ed otherwise. It made the tournament much more versatile. And I also want you to finally realize that nobody is ever gonna beat Armada anytime soon. You still bring some johns for mango and act like hes the best. I was telling from Genesis 1 on that Armada is the best and I wasnt wrong.

The Star King

Smash Hero
holy **** the legendary PoundSlap is back

good memories being brought back to the surface

(serious post)

The Business

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys, Apex was a great tournament but I´d like to point out some stuff. I hear a lot of stuff like what if Mango made it into GF finals he would have ***** Armada blablabla.

Mango promised to play his absoulte best and going try-hard again. What happened? He lost 2 sets to M2k. Why? Because M2k outplayed him. A lot of people underestimate how much of a difference it is to actually play the matchup in the current metagame. Mango doesnt play matchups. His style worked in 09 but this is 13. He gotta step it up or hes never gonna place top 2 consistently again. M2k in contrary does play matchups. And he plays them very well. A lot of standard stuff, baits, very good coverage in the edgeguard. This tourney was definately one of M2ks bigger successes altough I think its sad he didnt make it into grand finals. He had it coming.
Also there is no way Mango could beat Armada. Armada optimized the Fox and the Falco matchup and if theres ever gonna be an upset like Armada gets sent into LB its not by either one of those two.

Hungrybox. I dont really know why hes showing the sad man on the stream. I honestly think he discarded his dignity there and I think thats very pathetic. Okay I have to admit its an emotional situation but here are the reason why I still think its inappropriate: HB plays Puff a very broken and gay character. I dont see why he didnt deserve his dreams of becoming the Apex champ being shattered like glasses when hes obviously doing the some thing with great players like for example Shroomed or Overtriforce. Do they cry on stream? No. What is more, Hungrybox can be very happy to make it this far. Leffen had the set but risked too much and in the end Hungrybox pulled out the gayest stuff ever. He should also be mentally prepared to lose against Armada and Mango since they are a lot better. I also think Overtriforce and Leffen are better but thats a different theory.

Dr Peepee looked really helpless this tournament. His Falco got destroyed by multiple people and with Armada leading the way. Like I said before there is no way on earth that a Falco or Fox can beat Armada. He has perfected the matchup. However there is a chance that a Marth can overwhelm Armada. Since PP is not a bad of a player Armada actually takes a bit longer than usual to adapt to the new situation. The problem again is also the NTSC difference. He dropped the 3rd match in set 2 only because he got spiked. Wouldnt have happened in PAL and so it would be a clean 3-0. That just shows how much of a sick monster Armada is. He drops the first set due to adaption and ***** the second set. Peepee had a good surprise moment here because Marth-Peach is a horrible matchup for Armada. Marth has so many things to counter Peach and PP is not dumb either.

These were just a few things I wanted to clarify. Actually I think its very cool that so many people pulled out their secondaries because they knew they would get 3-0ed otherwise. It made the tournament much more versatile. And I also want you to finally realize that nobody is ever gonna beat Armada anytime soon. You still bring some johns for mango and act like hes the best. I was telling from Genesis 1 on that Armada is the best and I wasnt wrong.
Worst post 2013

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
the problem from what i see is that no matter how many times armada wins tournaments you guys fail to accept that he is unbeatable. you guys are incapable of learning this. and thats also why you wont step it up ever. you guys cant accept superiority and thats why you will always be the second class in the world. only if you can understand this you will be able to grow.

Zero_Saber

Smash Apprentice
Armada is certainly not unbeatable and that's been shown by ... well people beating him. He's the best player right now, but there's at least 4-5 people that could upset him at any time (they're just not as likely to beat him as he is to beat them). Also look at the US vs the World crew. The US is clearly superior in total talent they just don't have the number one player right now.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Lol at all the new kids not knowing who PoundSlap is and seriously replying

PoundSlap's intellect is too much for you insolent fools

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Armada is certainly not unbeatable and that's been shown by ... well people beating him. He's the best player right now, but there's at least 4-5 people that could upset him at any time (they're just not as likely to beat him as he is to beat them). Also look at the US vs the World crew. The US is clearly superior in total talent they just don't have the number one player right now.
There is no way that they are all as likely to beat Armada as he is to beat them.

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
armada isnt the best by far , he plays gay as **** and ..honestly much worst then hbox . i feel for hbox because amada's peach doesn't stand a chance against his jiggs thats free for hbox and you talk bad about him and compare him to ppl he would 4 stock on a good day so of course hes upset.. he can actually win apex , shroomed and over are amazing but aren't wining apex anytime soon.

and what you said about mango is correct which is why a focused m2k destroyed him and because marth is better then ppl have come to believe and this apex shows that ....i wanna see a tier list change falco need to go down 2 spots

and on pp and m2k , im sad i saw m2k drop his usual 0 to death combo on pp on the last stock of the last game ..pp is falco perfection but his marth needs more work in order to beat armada but i honestly believe m2k would have had a better chance and could have pulled a win on armada since he has a much better feel for marth and was playing amazing this apex.

as well i love the secondaries and expect next apex to have even more surprises ...this was my first apex and i wish i never ended lol but those are my thoughts

Beat!

Smash Master
Yeah, unlike Armada, who hasn't improved at all. >_>

I hope you're also aware that in their Apex 2010 set, the only matches M2K won were with Fox on PS. The only game M2K has ever taken off Armada with his Marth was game 1 at Genesis 1.

Donlt get me wrong, he'd probably have put up a good fight, but he wouldn't have done better with Marth than PP did.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
armada isnt the best by far , he plays gay as **** and ..honestly much worst then hbox . i feel for hbox because amada's peach doesn't stand a chance against his jiggs thats free for hbox and you talk bad about him and compare him to ppl he would 4 stock on a good day so of course hes upset.. he can actually win apex , shroomed and over are amazing but aren't wining apex anytime soon.

and what you said about mango is correct which is why a focused m2k destroyed him and because marth is better then ppl have come to believe and this apex shows that ....i wanna see a tier list change falco need to go down 2 spots

and on pp and m2k , im sad i saw m2k drop his usual 0 to death combo on pp on the last stock of the last game ..pp is falco perfection but his marth needs more work in order to beat armada but i honestly believe m2k would have had a better chance and could have pulled a win on armada since he has a much better feel for marth and was playing amazing this apex.

as well i love the secondaries and expect next apex to have even more surprises ...this was my first apex and i wish i never ended lol but those are my thoughts

i can see great patriotism towards the us in your post. i think its funny that you mention armada is by far worse when he has won the last 3 of the biggest tournaments in a row. i mean you cant ignore facts can you? you seem to not know a lot about smash and matchups in general. pp is also not falco perfection. everytime m2k missed a chaingrab pp jumped out and tried to bair him. m2k dashdanced and grabbed him again. would this happen to armada? no, he would have backed off. pp has also horrible combo di and bad recovery in the marth matchup.

you better learn the basics until you start posting in serious topic, thanks.

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
i can see great patriotism towards the us in your post. i think its funny that you mention armada is by far worse when he has won the last 3 of the biggest tournaments in a row. i mean you cant ignore facts can you? you seem to not know a lot about smash and matchups in general. pp is also not falco perfection. everytime m2k missed a chaingrab pp jumped out and tried to bair him. m2k dashdanced and grabbed him again. would this happen to armada? no, he would have backed off. pp has also horrible combo di and bad recovery in the marth matchup.

you better learn the basics until you start posting in serious topic, thanks.
take into account that armada's a peach and yes his combo di is amazing.... i like him its not a us thing, he's the best but i dont think hes that much better then pp,mango,m2k,... and as well its marth vs falco that matchup is alot harder for falco then ppl think from my experience i know i haven't played very long ,but i have taken time to and study and learn. i mean you just compared falco vs marth to peach vs marth, its totally different ....and i say pp is falco perfection because i was watching him play all apex ( as well as a bunch of other high level falco's) and his control and efficiency with falco is un-real to me. ...example pp vs m2k ..mango vs m2k

i guess im just upset at how armada plays hbox ..when hbox is probably the only person who could beat his peach .. and i dont really know hbox but seeing someone want to win so bad and overcome that ylink you gotta root for them.

idk if you meant your last statement in rude way ..or w.e i take no offense but being more polite with things is needed in the melee community from what Ive seen so far

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Please close this thread. I'm sure someone else will make a new thread with similar content, and hopefully it will have some coherency, unlike this one

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
alright i can understand what you probably must be thinking when you express your opinion but keep in mind that it is horribly flawed and full of stereotypes. armada is the best for a fact he has proven it several times. but he isnt even close to his competitors mango/pp/m2k/hbox. if you havent noticed peach has ONLY bad matchups against the top tier cast. the only reason armada can keep pace is because aside with m2k hes the only one that plays the matchups perfectly and is just better in terms of overall skill. if armada wasnt a lot better he could not beat those people because the matchups affect it too much. peach is just mid or at most high tier and she has lierally nothing against jiggs. i would also say its the worst matchup in the entire melee roster.

also i apologize if i was rude, i just thought you were trolling and not taking it seriously. but you are registered 2012 so youre just new.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Rofl.

Armada is unbeatable?

He has a secondary for a specific player because he couldn't beat Hbox so I don't want to hear this 'unbeatable' stuff, especially with Peepee's performance with a secondary.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
Rofl.

Armada is unbeatable?

He has a secondary for a specific player because he couldn't beat Hbox so I don't want to hear this 'unbeatable' stuff, especially with Peepee's performance with a secondary.
your opinion is wrong. that armadas peach has trouble against hbox is due to the matchup. its really not armadas fault. he reads hbox really well but its just not possible to get openings, combos or punishes. its comparable to bowser versus fox on hyrule. fox gets one laser and runs away for 8 minutes. peach is just as free against jiggs. jiggs vs yl is actually in jiggs favor but armada still wins it because it is in no way as bad as with peach.

peepees performance was good but dont overestimate it. armada hasnt played an ntsc marth in a long time (last set against m2k was apex 2010) so he needed to get used to the matchup again. he warmed up and adapted and ***** pp in set 2.

fabulouspants

Smash Apprentice
i like how everyone only remembers how "PP BODIED ARMADA WITH MARTH" even though armada won the final set vs PP's marth. ahahaha KEEP GULPING down those butter sticks, americans.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Oh my teh icy is the only one getting fooled here

It's like when my grandmother starts agreeing with stephen colbert

only part that ALMOST got my goat was the hungrybox bit.

Whoever poundslap is he's a total chode for thinking this is funny. It's just sort of bleh.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Rofl.

Armada is unbeatable?

>armada so bad he needs a secondary
>pp so good that he can use a secondary

^I enjoy this ;D
Mango promised to play his absoulte best and going try-hard again. What happened? He lost 2 sets to M2k. Why? Because M2k outplayed him. A lot of people underestimate how much of a difference it is to actually play the matchup in the current metagame. Mango doesnt play matchups. His style worked in 09 but this is 13. He gotta step it up or hes never gonna place top 2 consistently again.

Broad claim about mango. Could you back it up somewhat with a few examples. More detail is better.

M2k in contrary does play matchups. And he plays them very well. A lot of standard stuff, baits, very good coverage in the edgeguard. This tourney was definately one of M2ks bigger successes altough I think its sad he didnt make it into grand finals. He had it coming.

It sounds like you think m2k has a solid punishment game and was not dropping opportunities presented to him.

First sentence here should be considered false. If armada never touches the controller to play, and mango does. He lost. There was a way mango beat armada. If you want to only consider ideal play, then you should realize that too is a bad argument since these players have shown in their matches they are far from ideal. You can see mistakes happen. For that very reason, mango upsetting armada will always be a real possibility no matter the character.

Stuff @Hbox: I just dislike that you cannot respect any sort of play-style or decisions made within the game by a player. But oh, well. Nothing to really discuss there.

Since PP is not a bad of a player Armada actually takes a bit longer than usual to adapt to the new situation. The problem again is also the NTSC difference. He dropped the 3rd match in set 2 only because he got spiked. Wouldnt have happened in PAL and so it would be a clean 3-0. That just shows how much of a sick monster Armada is. He drops the first set due to adaption and ***** the second set. Peepee had a good surprise moment here because Marth-Peach is a horrible matchup for Armada. Marth has so many things to counter Peach and PP is not dumb either.

Well, its hard to say how the tournament would have turned out if it was PAL over NTSC. Hell, PP and armada may have never met in bracket at all and the match never happened.

You still bring some johns for mango and act like hes the best. I was telling from Genesis 1 on that Armada is the best and I wasnt wrong.

Depending how you define the best player, you could argue an entirely different person. In respect to all the smash games, I might go and say M2K is the best player. He has shown very high and consistent performances in not only melee, but in brawl as well. Heck, even in teams he shows very good and consistent performances. To go further, this is not for only a few tournaments, its been like this for a number of years. Probably starting in what, 07?
I like light-blue as a color for responses.

Top Bottom