• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why I LOVE WITH ANYONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Cause I'm a ****.

And Lucario. I know you're still out there. Somewhere. Kirby is waiting for you.

Well not RIGHT now. Kirby is eating dinner actually.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Cause I can lay it on broad and thick, or make it slice lean and slick.

Uh, yeah, they'll prolly never see this thread. But it was definitely the best set of team brawls I've had in ages.

I was hoping this thread may turn into why people love With Anyone, I mean we all know why we hate it, but it's a love hate thing.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
I love getting competent players in team brawl. But too often the team switches and I'm with one of the nubs..

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
I love it when it's a good match.
Especially a good match with no lag, although that's not absolutely necessary, I can put up with a little.

I hate it when one person
A: Just stands there
B: Just walks around and picks up items
C: Tries to taunt match
D: Does anything other than fight a fair game
E: Causes a ton of lag for everybody and won't drop out

I hate it when I get into a group and it's a taunt match group. Usually I have to wait ten minutes after quitting or else I'll get stuck in the same group. That's enough time for me to get involved in something else or just leave, although with the new Faux Friend Finder (since the real one was a rare SMASHBOARDS FAIL) I can sometimes get into a good friend match.

I hate how I can never get into a team match. You have to wait forever.

All these idiots who have ruined the wifi with taunt matches and that sort of thing should be collectively dragged out into the street, shot, and buried in a mass grave. I know it's not very good, but you don't have to go and destroy what we've got. On some days, as far as I'm concerned, there might as well be no wifi at all. I'd rather watch children's cartoons on the Disney Channel than sit through a taunt match.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I'd rather watch children's cartoons on the Disney Channel than sit through a taunt match.
Once I got so mad at the taunting I spammed d-taunt until they left. After a while the animation makes it look like Kirby's just rocking back and forth. Kinda disturbing, like he's a plush rocking chair or something. And that SOUND. Oooo, just right for killing all hope left for humanity.

But after awhile I decided taunting has its place. Taunt parties have their place. That's not even really a fair phrase anymore, now they're more like "who can look the coolest without inflicting damage" parties, or maybe that's what they always were... who can be the most... stylish. Gah. The next game will have a new item drop. Guitar Hero paraphernalia.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I encountered a Sonic who took us to New Pork City. All he did was taunt and run away.
We, the rest of the players formed an alliance and took him down. He quit the next 2 matches. One of my best moments in Brawl. :)

Sonic4Ever

Smash Rookie
I like With anyone because I never lag in this mode.

No joke.

It's still a bit long to find opponents though.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I love it when it actually works and the lag is playable.

which never happens.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I still like that one time I (Ness) formed an alliance with a Lucas user and we had like 20+ matches where we worked together to fight people and would even use items or our attacks to heal each other. :D

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Especially a good match with no lag, although that's not absolutely necessary, I can put up with a little.

I hate it when I get into a group and it's a taunt match group. Usually I have to wait ten minutes after quitting or else I'll get stuck in the same group. That's enough time for me to get involved in something else or just leave, although with the new Faux Friend Finder (since the real one was a rare SMASHBOARDS FAIL) I can sometimes get into a good friend match.

All these idiots who have ruined the wifi with taunt matches and that sort of thing should be collectively dragged out into the street, shot, and buried in a mass grave. I know it's not very good, but you don't have to go and destroy what we've got. On some days, as far as I'm concerned, there might as well be no wifi at all. I'd rather watch children's cartoons on the Disney Channel than sit through a taunt match.
Go cry. With Anyone is way too laggy to have a real match. Two min ffa with items is a serious match? Just go to team matches if you want (barley) serious matches, or get some friend codes. If it really bothers you, just start attacking the people in the taunt parties. They're just 3 noobs with no life, right?

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥I think it's very amusing how the so called "noobs" in the taunt parties are the ones who can bring down your life count by 3 in a few minutes. ;)

dgameman1

Smash Journeyman
I love With Anyone cause I joined as a White Mk and met with a Green Mk and we both taunte side at the same time and for that 30 minutes of game we teamed with eachother =] It was really fun. I wish we could've communicated =[

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Last night I went into a team battle as ganondorf. When the game was up we all spawned on animal crossing's stage, with Link as an ally and 2 other red Metaknights. I was like, "oh... :/" cuz they both started like gimping and tornado whoring like they'd been doing it all their lives.

SOMEHOW the score went tied, they killed my partner right next to me within the first few seconds with dual D smash. at the exact same time, I leapt up and nailed them both with a T storm.

it felt....

....good

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I love With Anyone cause I joined as a White Mk and met with a Green Mk and we both taunte side at the same time and for that 30 minutes of game we teamed with eachother =] It was really fun. I wish we could've communicated =[
Whoa, With Anyone lasts 30 minutes?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Tonight I stayed Marth who is quickly becoming my new main, but I still love Kirby no end. But yeah, Falco was and still is a hard character to beat. Great set of matches though.. DK stood up but that's his problem too. Just too darn big a target for M's quick hits.

I feel like we do communicate, btw. Just not through like, headphones or a website. I also feel not tons of people log in -every- day and spend a good 2 hours minimum brawling in With Anyone. If you do, then you know there's some crazy stuff goin' on behind the With Anyone mode. Especially in Basic mode. Team is like the sanctuary of the semi-good to real good players.

GemN

Smash Cadet
The best part of With Anyone, is running away and taunting "SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!", or "You're too slow!!!". In fact doing that in With Friends is almost equally as awsum.

JesseMeza

Smash Cadet
I like With anyone because I never lag in this mode.

No joke.

It's still a bit long to find opponents though.

You know what? Me too. It's the oddest thing. Not to mention it's always up even when the friend matches are down. Recently I've been able to find matches quicker through this mode. Though I only do team battles.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Because I love a tight squeeze.

Behold the Aura! Lucario, well today was definitely your day. Pit was lacking... DDD was too busy keeping him at bay... Falcon Punch! All great brawls. Great matches though, just... I wish I could have clicked that little "send friend request" box when playing in With Anyone, which could then upon "yes" click like, I dunno, add them to my Friend List. ><;

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Because I love a tight squeeze.

Behold the Aura! Lucario, well today was definitely your day. Pit was lacking... DDD was too busy keeping him at bay... Falcon Punch! All great brawls. Great matches though, just... I wish I could have clicked that little "send friend request" box when playing in With Anyone, which could then upon "yes" click like, I dunno, add them to my Friend List. ><;
i know exactly how you feel. for the last two nights ive played with an amazing pika player from like 2-6am in teams, we pika dittoed as much as we could, and i wish i could put him on my friends list.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Because of the random good Zelda appearance. Especially in Teams.

Spamming Falcon Punchers... definitely a strategy... : / at least I get good at dodging it.

randomselect

Smash Cadet
Think about it. Those players you really want as friends may be on this forum right now....maybe on this topic wondering if you are talking about them or somebody else.

I lag in With Anyone but not TOO much. With Anyone can keep me amused for a good 30-80 mins.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I must have a dirty mind... I totally mis-understood the thread title..
No, I have a dirty mind :p

Marth vs Ike, I have had a lot of those.. If any n00b Ike's come out I pick Marth and show them who's Boss. There was an Ike today for about an hour that definitely played Teams well, though. He was paired with Ganondorf and I was paired with Samus. I dunno great groups there's either tons of KOs or none.. I get a lot of sudden death rounds. Then Items show back up and it's like, woah, ok, well this round goes to anyone! ^^;

DyranMahBoooiii

Smash Cadet
I love getting a 1-on-1 with a player that's good. I love how I have only disconnected once and how I've never lagged. And as another said, I love how Team Brawl is a Sanctuary for good players. I especially love getting people I can play for three hours with.

Frozt

Smash Apprentice
I remember jumping in a taunt party for like 3 or 4 matches we all eventually switched to Sonic... You know the rest of the story...

... For about an hour

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I like to grab the taunters in Basic Brawl. Unfortunately, they're often the players that are very ****ing evasive. Since I often use the heavies online, they make the game frustrating.
Sometimes I switch over to ROB and spam them to death. ROB is perfect in a laggy match :)

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Cause I put the "F" in Fear.

Marth was too good for you, Ganondorf. Too bad you ran away, we had some good lag free battles goin' on.

Hyuugabaka

Smash Rookie
I love getting people in With Anyone that team up with you. xD
Just taunt, and if someone else does, team!
I've done like 40 3 vs 1 matches and dittos!
Oh and it's so fun to team with Pika dittos xD

But I hate that theres no way to add the people you meet in With Anyone. Some are really good, and others are really fun.

Oh and on the 3 vs 1 thing, we ganged up on the person and his score at the end was -10 xD

Milky

Smash Rookie

haha i love the list of what you hate

Fatalzyntax

Smash Apprentice
I love how you can possibly fine them over some over SWF...
Im looking for a Zelda/shiek (white peach too)
the one that likes running in place at the edge - crouch walking - switching turns Utaunting or crouching - and copy what the red Marth(or pika, jiggz, meta, diddy, or kirby) player does

Zelda players are always nice :)

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I logged into Basic again today not expecting to find much, but I actually got a great group! Awesome Zelda/DDD and a Luigi/Ness ... great brawls, though I could only win with Samus/ZSS and Link. My Marth and Kirby got trounced. I guess I'm using them too much, they're getting stale. Gonna have to expand my character roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom