• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Don't...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

We know he didn't come up with it, it's just that no prominent US Falco main has bothered implementing it into their game, especially not to the extent RAIN has, so the "fascination" is more us just trying to figure out if it's better/worse/neutral than what we've been doing.
Understood, but it's obviously a useful tool to implement no matter how you slice it. There's really no judgment call required. You're basically getting two ground level lasers from a distance without the silly amount of drawback you would get from a standing laser. Falcos should have been implementing this a long time ago tbh.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Did you only come here to say we're slow or do you have something useful to say?

Anyway, there was a little discussion in the FBR about what we can do with run off lasers. I'm not sure if/when it'll come out of there, but maybe someone from the FBR should make a thread about it.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Did you only come here to say we're slow or do you have something useful to say?

Anyway, there was a little discussion in the FBR about what we can do with run off lasers. I'm not sure if/when it'll come out of there, but maybe someone from the FBR should make a thread about it.
I was just exercising my right to state my opinion about something relevant to the current topic and character. So what?

There's really not much to discuss regarding the ledge lasers. It's basically a lagless method of shooting ground level lasers that you can string into a multitude of things; straight into shield, grab, bdacus, etc. depending on the opponent's percentage/position. That's all there really is to it.

*gasp* The FBR is not dead as I believed it to be. I was not even sure there was much to discuss with falco anymore. Eat your flaco flakes every morning and you will be as good as DEHF.

swordsaint

Smash Master
It'd be good if every Falco could start implementing it in to their game. We just have to wait and see whether people in the fbr are gonna be like "no it's our super special secret technique" or actually tell everyone else sometime soon lol

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
funny thing is that we aren't really talking about an ything back there.

Denzi

Smash Master
Yeah we really aren't.

And Swordsaint if you think that it's worthy of an entire thread by itself you can go ahead and make one.

However I think it (as well as that BF invincibility thing) would just better off in a sort of collective "ledge options" thread.

HotWings

Smash Ace
I actually like never use jab but i honestly dont see why. Its only like 2 frames and it can just be sooo useful. Plus after a few jabs you can always follow up with another strong attack.

I see your point though i mean more falco players should start useing jab a whole lot more.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I thought of this about a month or two ago. and I thought it was a stupid. but then I saw dehf and rain use it at mlg.

jab cancel to up smash.

if you jab somebody out of their approach, sometimes they can be disoriented enough for you to just flat out up smash them right away. Ive done it to people. and it shoudl be implemented more

Denzi

Smash Master
Yeah, I've done that and Nair > Usmash before as well. You just have to be sure to land cancel the nair before the last hit. That one works because people don't expect it to have the priority it does and they'll runn in when you short hop expecting to punish a laser or something.

I never really played against many falcos, however, I played Kismet earlier today quiet a lot. Falco is full of all sorts of disruptive moves that can throw you off. However, any smart player can react to those sort of things. Anytime I tried to throw off Kismet with a jab, he punished me for it right away. Grab, or another jab of his own.

Top Bottom