• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why don't people realise Wario's abnormal ability at killing?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
My god, if being a fatass wasn't enough. He has the weight AND the power. I seriously think the Waft is the best KO move in Brawl. Like ever.

When I see stupid posts like, Wario's waft takes 2:00 minutes to charge, or it's easy to dodge, I shuckle.

Wario's half charged Waft is incredibly powerful, being 1% to Ness PK flash in terms of killing. Wario's waft is also ridiculously easy to land, unlike Ness PK flash.

The Wafts is an excellent aerial/ground killer thats like a mini Falcon punch. It's easy to claim characters while they are recovering or punish the deserving.

Discuss.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
I never did KO anyone with it,but I did follow up on it and KO'ed them.The waft is a good move,which can be used as a recovery.Uair ftw.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
I love this move... To bad that i only play online against Campy Snakes -.-

(if you play as Wario in much Wifi lag, you'l understand what i mean...)

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
if the player really loves to spike
get hit off stage while you have a fully charged wario warft.,
if they are dump enough to try to spike you you can activate the fart
I got a few wins this way but it can only work succesfully like once

DemonFart

Smash Lord
yeah its funny when the happens.
opponent: yes i am gonna win, time to spike this fat ***. *jump offstage over wario*
wario: *press down b* pppppffffffffttttttttttt..
opponent: what the.......
GAME!!!

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
yeah its funny when the happens.
opponent: yes i am gonna win, time to spike this fat ***. *jump offstage over wario*
wario: *press down b* pppppffffffffttttttttttt..
opponent: what the.......
GAME!!!
lol I got Slasherx with it last night,
but he was sleepy so not to much to boast aboutbut it sure gets my sis angry

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
the up air works wonders on ROB
with Robs blind spot being right under him this makes it way to easy to go for an star KO
its like just telling you clamp me clamp me
his forward smash comes out quick enough and has some super frame

BMX

Smash Lord
everytime i have the half charged waft, i use it as a mindgame.

"I feel something coming..." i tells them then...

DOOCCHHEE! lol

Overall, not many people know about that half charged waft, and it is the ultimate surprise.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you play Wario long enough you should develop an internal timer. I can small waft, half waft, and full waft at will pretty much, timer or not ^_^

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
If you play Wario long enough you should develop an internal timer. I can small waft, half waft, and full waft at will pretty much, timer or not ^_^
I can never the half warft I usually end up getting the small warft, I hardly get to use the full warft because most of my matches are three stock and they do not last that long, I usually get it in once

Electric Eel

Smash Cadet
Wario is very good, forward smash, waft, and the clap both kill very early and I feel they are too fast for their power.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I can too, and I can get a perfect Half Waft on FD 70% of the time, it can KO a Bowser from the center of FD at 58% O.o
It's literally impossible that your internal timer is that good. You are probbably getting the "more than half-less than full" waft.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's literally impossible that your internal timer is that good. You are probbably getting the "more than half-less than full" waft.
This. I can tell when it's closer to full than to just barely half, but it's not possible to do it perfectly, lol. That's difficult even with a timer present.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario is not abnormal at killing. Abnormal sounds like a handicap.

Wario is superbly, excellently, flawlessly, beautifully, amazingly, sextasticly, boner-inducingly good at killing. There. That is much better.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I killed DMK at 48% with a near Full Waft with DI a tad off the edge of FD. But yeah, I don't know about a Bowser at the middle. I have been killed from one end to the other of Halberd at 66% as Wario with DI and he's a bit lighter.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Wario is not abnormal at killing. Abnormal sounds like a handicap.

Wario is superbly, excellently, flawlessly, beautifully, amazingly, sextasticly, boner-inducingly good at killing. There. That is much better.

It's that you wouldn't expect this from Wario... :dizzy:

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
How do you guys actually land the waft? I usually try to bait a airdodge when they return to the stage (scared of the u-air) and fast-fall with them. Stage-spike full-half-wafts can kill at 0%.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
The Fart is always good to throw in when edgeguarding.. it throws them off guard.
Also what about his shoulder?
Thats beast too =D

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
I just use it whenever I see a chance.
lol thanks.

But does anyone know for how many frames the hitbox is out (half-waft in particular)?
The hixbox on fsmash stays out for a good 3-4 frames I think.
Not that it matters too much because we have bite for spotdodge.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The hitbox doesn't really stay out, it's sort of instant and then hit or miss, though Wario become a hitbox for a little after release.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
The hitbox doesn't really stay out, it's sort of instant and then hit or miss, though Wario become a hitbox for a little after release.
How do you land a fsmash. All I can think of is out of a spotdodge.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Landing frames is what I always go for, or out of a weak nair hit (especially if it trips, b/c then it combos no matter the percent). Oh, and then walking/running away and then using C-Stick in the opposite direction works way more than it should, lol.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
for dair:
Shield hit lag (last hit): 6
Shield stun (last hit): 7
Advantage (last hit): -18

Does this mean the opponent can react before you if you hit their sheild (so dair > fsmash wont work)? I'm kinda lost with the frame data, but it often works. How are you supposed to calculate it?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
every try'd a fair into a waft? sexy..

this might work on the next d3 u fight

bits>bite>bite> grab>fair>waft.... X_X

its worked for me before.

Top Bottom