• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why doesn't X pokemon get Y attack/ability/typing?

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as Togekiss gets it even though it has base 80 speed and Ninjask is a ninja, he should learn it.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
when it's put as extreme speed, ninjask sounds like it should get it

but when put as God of Speed, it doesn't quite fit

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yes they do.

See: Jirachi, Breloom, and Machamp for examples.

Wrath`

Smash Master
The Toge family are based off doves, which are one of the common symbols of the Christian Holy Spirit
Or peace, I highly doubt Gamefreak is religious.

I hope 5th gen gives Blaziken Close Combat and Flare Blitz, I am re-kindling the good time we had in gen 3 with my UU team.

Cubes

Smash Cadet
Why does Shedinja's (2.6 lbs.) tackle do more damage than Steelix's (881.8 lbs.) tackle?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
not really when it's that obvious

since sheddy's base attack is 90 and steelix's base attack is 80

when you look at it, how the hell does a little weightless bug have more attack power than a humongous metal snake

Cubes

Smash Cadet
I thought it would fit, as this seems kind of a "why the hell doesnt X have Y? It just doesn't make sense!" thing ...

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Or peace, I highly doubt Gamefreak is religious
Religious or not, they used religious, cultural, mythological and natural thing in each pokemon. Like the Yin Yang on Absol, the fact that the Regi trio are golems, and hitmontop is based off of a South American fighting style.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
That's not for this thread, and where do you figure that?
I think Marriland shows weight on the Pokedex things. I think theres also a list somewhere on Smogon and they were going to add it to the analyses, but they still haven't...

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I hope that Paras gets an alternate evolution that is almost entirely free of the mushrooms, that would be cool.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Unaware seems more fitting than Own Tempo. I remember a PokeDex entry(?) that stated the Slowpoke family does not feel pain until moments later so Unaware seems to fit that description moreso than Own Tempo. *Shrug* I could be wrong.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Unaware seems more fitting than Own Tempo. I remember a PokeDex entry(?) that stated the Slowpoke family does not feel pain until moments later so Unaware seems to fit that description moreso than Own Tempo. *Shrug* I could be wrong.
There's always a chance it could get that in the Dream World in BW.

It probably could, anyway.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So I was watching one of Haydunn's random battles, and Stantler gets Megahorn. I thought only Pokemon that were like, bugs or with actual horns could use Megahorn.
Stantler definitely has antlers. Not a horn.

Mind = blown.

UberMario

Smash Master
Why doesn't the Starly line know Peck? They have some of the pointiest beaks of all the bird pokemon. >_>

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Wasn't it something like only those Pokemon with elongated beaks would have Drill Peck? If I recall correctly, Dodrio, Fearow, and Zapdos are some Pokemon who get Drill Peck.

UberMario

Smash Master
The line doesn't know Drill Peck either, yet they can learn Heat Wave. 0_o

*imagines a bird breathing on someone to inflict burns*

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Wasn't it something like only those Pokemon with elongated beaks would have Drill Peck? If I recall correctly, Dodrio, Fearow, and Zapdos are some Pokemon who get Drill Peck.
The Piplup line gets Drill Peck. They barely even have a ****ing beak.

**** makes no sense is all.

Top Bottom