• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why does she carry a shortblade

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
when she never shanks anyone? probably already been mentioned...
if you dont believe me check her back
she has something like a tanto, put down the needles and take it out already!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
It would be awesome if they had have replaced her chain with like a dagger attack that had a lot of range. Can you imagine launching a fully charged needle storm into an opponents face right after you had cut them with the dagger, and then following up with a fair......wow.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
its a he not a she.
It is most definetly a she. Go check the thread about how Sheik is confirmed to be a girl. And argue with me the fact that Zelda is a girl. And since Zelda is Sheik then Sheik is also a girl.

As for the actual topic:
It's because she is a ninja and awesome. As for why they really put it there: I don't think anybody really knows other than it looks cool.

The chain is useful as a tether and the needles are great for messing with characters such as pit.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
its a he not a she.
You're wrong. Here's my proof :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjIaokM--Pk

...that video clip is THE ONLY piece of evidence that matters to this argument. If you wanna argue it further, go to the Sheik confirmed to be a Girl thread...and READ THE ARGUMENTS, and watch that video and read my argument., but don't discuss it here.

On the topic :

You could imagine that she's SOOOO ninja, that all of her attacks actually do involve the dagger, it's just that she's SO fast at drawing and re-sheathing the blade, that it can't be seen....even at 1/4th speed.

...because Ninja (and more specifically, Sheik in this case) are THAT AWESOME.

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
On the topic :

You could imagine that she's SOOOO ninja, that all of her attacks actually do involve the dagger, it's just that she's SO fast at drawing and re-sheathing the blade, that it can't be seen....even at 1/4th speed.

...because Ninja (and more specifically, Sheik in this case) are THAT AWESOME.
i agree with this 100%, its just super fast action.
oh yeah, and whoever thinks shiek is male either hasnt played any LOZ games, or is in denial that someone so awesome at fighting could be female, which is partially sexist i do say

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is a ninja because the Sheikah were ninjas who swore loyalty to the royal family.

Accuracy isnt 100% but they were a group of people who swore loyalty to the royal family. I remember reading something about ninjas but i forget where it is. It's not important enough anyways.

ThReAtEnEd

Smash Rookie
lol @ box

i'll be a little more original and give a different answer other than "ninjas are cool" "cuz she's awesome"
sheik's character design in brawl was "based" on one that she might have had in twilight princess. who knows, maybe in twilight princess that dagger could have been a weapon she used or a family heirloom or something she had to protect

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Sheik tried to use it once. She had a big fight, and used it against Pikachu. She found that like so many other arbitrarily selected weapons or body parts in brawl, that its move priority was quite horrid, and it didn't do much for her range anyhow. Being a clever girl, she decided to just sheath it and not use it so she could win more.
Who knows Ganondorf's story... but to be honest, if i could float above the ground and shoot giant balls of light, i wouldn't spend much time practicing swordplay. So maybe he doesn't know how to use it. He just has to have one bigger than Link's.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Sheik tried to use it once. She had a big fight, and used it against Pikachu. She found that like so many other arbitrarily selected weapons or body parts in brawl, that its move priority was quite horrid, and it didn't do much for her range anyhow. Being a clever girl, she decided to just sheath it and not use it so she could win more.
Who knows Ganondorf's story... but to be honest, if i could float above the ground and shoot giant balls of light, i wouldn't spend much time practicing swordplay. So maybe he doesn't know how to use it. He just has to have one bigger than Link's.
Similarly... if i could fly araound and shoot giant balls of light... I WOULD FLY AND AROUND AND SHOOT GIANT BALLS OF LIGHT!

What is this standing there and running ridiculously slow and doing this wanna be preppy falcon punch... psh....

Top Bottom