• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you main Link??

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Because he's bottom tier.

Nah, mainly because Im a LoZ fan and a Link fan. Been with him since SB64 too. I'm known for playing Link since forever in my area and be good at him.

Crow!

Smash Lord
I like Link's medium range game. While you're at arm's reach from your opponent, you could use any one of Link's four projectiles (Zair included), or approach with any number of disjointed hitbox attacks. It's like being Marth and Samus at the same time, only it requires more effort to make either half work out right.

jamus

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm a HUGE Legend of Zelda fan and Link is my favourite videogame character (not just just in brawl, but from any game).

And like many of you guys, I've also been using Link since SSB64

Finns7

Smash Ace
Reason I main Link you ask.........the furry, it is what drives us all. Knowing what is wrong or right changes nothing! Or does it? Do you by any chance smile......when you ravish your opponent who is using a top tier char, or cry knowing youve unleashed the truth on a poor soul feverishly searching for light in the days of old, but scurrying to find out what true saddness REALLY feels like.

I have not brawled in days, no, I have not 3/2 stocked a human unit in days, desensatizing the individuals as they come, losing all hope in the world as they leave. Have you lost hope? Have you lost hope in Link? Does Link embrace, NO!...... Does Link fully embrace his chosen path? The path of constant failure said so by his own mainers/creators? Or will you (renegade/deviant Link player that you are) going to save him from oblivion? This is up to you, just remember the truth and always trust and believe.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Deep.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Validbadbadman

Smash Cadet
I main Link because he's my favourite Nintendo character and since I've used him since the first Smash Bros. game I feel really comfortable using him:)

Dersen

Smash Rookie
Well when I wacthed Izaw combo video I was stunned. So i tried it out and it turns out he's pretty darn good. His nair ff is beastly. and i love it when my borthers likes WTF how can I lose to you when you use Link? It's the highlite of my day. :laugh:

Yeah First post!

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
I don't main Link

But listen to Oot medley, Tal tal heights, gerudo valley, song of storms and molgera battle, and then you will know why I play him.

Cuz he beh teh awsum.

Golden_Link

Smash Rookie
I played Pit first, and changed to Link after a few Months. Im playing a Boomerang-BUp-Spammer-Link, and it works well and funny.
Also, his techniques are amazing.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
there's nothing else to say.
No there isn't.
EXCEPT...
I got addicted to Link through Majora's Mask.
I bought SSB64 when I saw he was in it.
I bought SCII when I saw Link was in it.
I finished all the LoZ games from start to finish when I knew how many there were.
I bought Melee because Mewtwo was in it... and knew all along that Link was better.
I bought Brawl because Link was in it.
I play because Link is in it.

People may play Snake because they are top tier, but people play Link because they are top tier fanaticists.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I got addicted to Link through A Link to the Past.
I bought SSB64 when I saw he was in it.
I bought SCII when I saw Link was in it.
I finished all the LoZ games from start to finish when I knew how many there were.
I bought Melee because Link was in it.
I bought Brawl because Link was in it.
I play because Link is in it.

People may play Snake because of his brokeness, but people play Link because he's ****ing Link.
Balanced Variety>Broken Overpoweredness lol

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
for the following reasons

A) hes the coolest character

B)Dude projectiles, good range, one of the fastest characters who has power (only other is ike)

C)A low tier, honestly not all of them are bad look at ganondorf, only reason hes there is because of impatiant people

D

Deleted member

there's only one reason to main link

HE'S FREAKING LINK

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
links a dumb character
Technically, that's true since he never speaks.

I mained Link because of Ocarina of Time (and I can't be the only one).
I think he's cool, he's fun to use and I'm just more comfortable with him than I am with any other character, I've picked him for the N64 version and I don't plan on abandoning him anytime soon.

Or... really, ever. Link is just awesome.

Silencer~

Smash Cadet
i main link mainly cuz you play the game differently every match with him. its not just the same routine like some other characters, you actually have to use mindgames and think how to get around this and that,

Top Bottom