• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do YOU main g&w?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatP

Smash Ace
I've searched the forum for this topic and found nothing, sooo I decided to make this.

Anyway, I main g&w because he's my favourite video game character ever and I just love him so much. <3

Smash Rookie
Becuase he's random and pulls out all these weapons out nowhere seriously where does he hide that turtle? Not to metion the 2 firemen who came out of nowhere to help him with his recovery. Yes it is the sheer WTFness of G&W that makes him fun for me.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Becuase he's random and pulls out all these weapons out nowhere seriously where does he hide that turtle? Not to metion the 2 firemen who came out of nowhere to help him with his recovery. Yes it is the sheer WTFness of G&W that makes him fun for me.
lol i agree 100% with this; a random character who does random things... and hits hard with a credit card, a diving helmet, a bucket, a turtle....
G&W ftw

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Game and Watch is so awesome!! But I main him because he's different, and has multiple moves. I get kind of bored with the same moves over and over, but with Game and Watch there just seems to be so many different ones where you can use all of these in some funky ways! I just always have fun playing him no matter how many battles I have in a row because you can always try something else! Pretty much he's entertaining and a great character~!

fraudster111

Smash Apprentice
Everyone here is lying to themselves by saying stuff like he is awesome, random with moves e.t.c. All that is true but not the main reason we main him. The main reason we main gnw is because he is BROKEN. Plain and simple. Hard to gimp recovery, BEASTLY d.i, has a one hit k.o move, small and hard to juggle, dsmash is quick and kills EARLY, tech chases with throw, and THE TURTLE!!111oneoneone plus so much more. The man is BROKEN but subtle in his brokeness unlike mk. There will be a day he will be TOP TIER. Trust me.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I am just going to pretend the title is "Why do you secondary MGaW?" Anyways, I have him as a secondary because he is fun to use.

NNID
LilG912
lol yeh, G&W is beast, G&W is Mario's right hand man, G&W is like one of best secondries for Mario. Mario and G&W is similar, you know cuz both of them got gud aerials and they **** other characters on platforms.

J0™

Smash Apprentice
Everyone here is lying to themselves by saying stuff like he is awesome, random with moves e.t.c. All that is true but not the main reason we main him. The main reason we main gnw is because he is BROKEN. Plain and simple. Hard to gimp recovery, BEASTLY d.i, has a one hit k.o move, small and hard to juggle, dsmash is quick and kills EARLY, tech chases with throw, and THE TURTLE!!111oneoneone plus so much more. The man is BROKEN but subtle in his brokeness unlike mk. There will be a day he will be TOP TIER. Trust me.
I decided to main him even before I knew he was broken :)

NatP

Smash Ace
Actually I don't main g&w because he's broken, because I'd main him even if he was the worst char in brawl lol. I main him in melee. ;o

Splice

Smash Hero
There will be a day he will be TOP TIER. Trust me.
Y'know, GaW used to be the 3rd best character in the game? He is on a gradual decline.
I main him he can be played well aggresively and defensively and by the time I noticed MK I was already dedicated to GaW and doing well.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Game and watch isn't top tier. I also believe he shouldn't be top tier. It requires a set mindset to play him. He isn't good enough to compete with mk / snake / wario / diddy / falco, etc, but I also believe he can be played in competitive play.

I picked him up as a Falco counter over a year ago, I guess it just stuck :/...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom