• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do we main Sheik?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^and you are a miserable imitation of a troll. Go hide under a bridge and pretend some more will you? just get out of the thread <_<

I play Sheik because I can. She's so fun, and cheap. Then again, that's my reason for playing fox, falco, marth, and doc, so <_<

And as I see it fox and sheik are kinda even. Although she can gimp him off the edge, he controls the field better, making any fight near the edge happen on his terms if the fox player is any good.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
while your opponent was playing as a sexually confused swordsman.
Roy? It's possible Lillina and Roy are cousins Hector and Eliwood (their fathers respectively) both have paired endings with two of the pegasus sisters that suggest that they are the mothers that are never mentioned in Roy's actual game. I think that's kind of a stretch though.:laugh:

Shin Virus

Smash Cadet
people main sheik,

people main sheik because she makes Bryan Gumble look like Malcolm X

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Used to play Pikachu, from the years of Smash 64. Carried over to Melee for a bit, but then I started experimented with other characters. I fell in love with playing Sheik, and have been ever since.

Now that I am into the competitive stuff, I'm pretty happy that happened. Though I do wanna go back to Pikachu for a bit sometime. ^_^

Adict

Smash Cadet
i just started using shiek. she aint my main but shes my secondary (main is luigi)

i like her because shes fast and her moves are pwerful. only reason i dislike her is her wavedash isnt all the great.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
I love Sheik's versatility the most. Excellent edgeguarding, combos and range. Most of all, she's a ninja. Sheik is definitely the best character and has no horrible matchups. Just hard ones, that are pretty fun.

One backlash at playing Sheik is that you can make some friendships go sour. Especially if they main Ness. She ***** low tiers horribly!

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
I recently started playing Sheik to annoy my friends. You see, she ***** the other characters pretty well ^^ and she was pretty fun, i got the hang of her pretty quickly, so I play as her quite a lot now. I still main the Links, she's just my secondary.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
I don't use her because she may be overpowered, but because she is cool and fun to play with. Besides, if you say she is overpowered might as well say fox and Marth are too. I rarely use her since people complain.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I just came here to vent. I main Link and I CANNOT beat Sheik. Now, the guy that plays as Sheik is **** good. Don't get me wrong. He is better than me at the game, but I can beat him some of the time if he is using Marth or Fox. When he is using Sheik, he freaking 3 stocks me (out of 5).

I just can't believe how utterly helpless I am in his hands. He makes me feel like a complete newbie. Combo, combo, insta-death fair. It got so bad that I lost the will to fight back because it was so god **** pointless. I seriously cannot think up Sheik's weakness or strategy against her. I think I need some help.

*Cries in a corner*

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I wish I didn't main Sheik =(

I've tried to switch mains multiple times but my Sheik is still better and I always revert to her whenever I want to win a tourney match.

So I'm forever doomed to be a Sheik main.

lss_ryu

Smash Rookie
i main shiek cause lots of the moves hit the enemies upwards and i normaly dontlet them back to the ground lol [=

enersha

Smash Rookie
i main shiek because i am a rabid foaming at the mouth fan of ninjas and air combos/specialties
which is what shiek is in sexy tights
and through the years i have become a shiek patriot and even if she was nurfed im still maining her

enersha

Smash Rookie
I just came here to vent. I main Link and I CANNOT beat Sheik. Now, the guy that plays as Sheik is **** good. Don't get me wrong. He is better than me at the game, but I can beat him some of the time if he is using Marth or Fox. When he is using Sheik, he freaking 3 stocks me (out of 5).

I just can't believe how utterly helpless I am in his hands. He makes me feel like a complete newbie. Combo, combo, insta-death fair. It got so bad that I lost the will to fight back because it was so god **** pointless. I seriously cannot think up Sheik's weakness or strategy against her. I think I need some help.

*Cries in a corner*
most of her weaknesses lie in break falling, charging really aggressively with good timing and blocking then throwing, hope that helps

soap

Smash Hero
I wish I didn't main Sheik =(

I've tried to switch mains multiple times but my Sheik is still better and I always revert to her whenever I want to win a tourney match.

So I'm forever doomed to be a Sheik main.
lol, ive been trying to switch to marth in tourny, but it gets ***** and i end up falling bak on my sheiky. but since forward came onto the scene ive enjoyed sheik

Neverender

Smash Journeyman
Well, i secondary sheik but the reason why is simple. Her Grabs, Jabs, TILTS, Running Attack, F-air, N-air, B-air, Quick, Her WD....All too good.

MassofthePhoenix

Smash Cadet
I am really glad i looked for a thread of this subject because i was about to make a new one, haha.

Ocarina of course, plus I get kinda pissed at a lot of marth players, and I thought what's more classic than marth v. sheik.

Plus her style, if you really get into using her, is actually pretty diverse. Like Shin Virus said, i've seen some sheik's who really don't know what they're doing but they fair alright. BUT, if you really utilize her whip, needles, and some of her sweet SHFFL's/Scoops, she has an absolutely ridiculous ground game.

atleast imo

M@v

Subarashii!
Starting liking Zelda, and I tryed sheik as well, and i was like WOW. So yeah, I play zelda/sheik together. I know sheik is one of the best characters, but zelda thunder kicks for the win.

-Marc-

Smash Cadet
I mained Sheik because I saw some random person at an Anime convention owning with her (all he did was dash attack and I was like woahhhhh).

Then I was able to beat most people so I just stuck with her. Unfortunately, now, I find her extremely boring and I'm trying to pick up Fox and Marth because they're really fun. They're catching up to my Sheik, haha.

Shred_kid

Smash Cadet
I picked her up because of the relative ease of her combos. Now, however, their repetitiveness is getting boring and I mostly play fox.

Top Bottom