• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose Wolf?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Wolf is a great character in this game, but surely that's not why you chose him, is it? What made you personally choose him, the moveset, the character itself?

Personally, I chose Wolf simply because I loved Star Fox 64 and though he had the best boss music and overall was the best boss, so after I tried him out, I wnet back and played SF64 and then I came and used him.

What's your story?

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Well, I first main'd Ike, but so did my friend so I wanted to try something different and I remembered that Wolf seemed pretty cool.

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
When I first played as Wolf, didn't like him that much, since i was playing with Sonic a whole bunch. But he's got a nice amount of power, and his reflector is VERY useful. (Plus: howl taunt....best in the game)

Wolf93

Smash Apprentice
belfast but orginally from the Isle of Man
1) CUZ he was the only character in assault i would play as in multiplayer
2)he is my favorite star fox character
3) i like using anti-heros that why meta-knight is my 2nd main and i will use him till i unlock wolf
4)most of my art on deviantART is Wolf
5)and wolf is one of the main characters in a fanfiction me and a friend is making
6)Wolf is the alpha wolf of all video game Wolves
7)Wolf finally gets a chance to kick Fox's tail all over the place

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Because he's a wolf. I chose Fox in Melee as my main cause during those days, foxes were my favorite animal. Wolf could have been bottom tier, I still would have picked him.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
1. I used him like crazy in Star Fox: Assault in Multiplayer, with Slippy second.
2. Besides Falco, he's my favorite Star Fox character. It may be just me, but I love strong-worded/insultive characters. =P
3. He was on my Top 10 for Brawl before the game came out, #3 to be exact.
4. After maining Falco in Melee, I tried Falco out, but I kinda found him hard to use (I realize he's the best Star Fox character in this game, don't get me wrong). Then I finally got Wolf, and I immediately fell in love with him. =P
5. His Up Taunt = secks.

:034:

Smash Hero
Been a fan since Star Fox 64, and I supported him before he was confirmed. I remember people hating him for 'replacing Krystal' but suddenly he seemed to be one of the best characters, so people hopped on the temporary Wolf bandwagon, at which point I hopped out.

I needed another main that had a higher chance of winning and Wolf seemed like a good choice again.

Tokerella

Smash Apprentice
on an added note, i would have chosen fox but his shine is so fking lame and broken by stopping all of his momentum and with out waveshining its not viable to play him.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
In Melee I mained Fox and Falco, but they just didn't seem to work so well for me in Brawl. So I picked up Wolf just to try him out and he just seemed to work for me. I love stage scarring and performing the other techs with him. People have complimented my Wolf in tournaments so I think I'm going to stick with him.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Personal obligation really,
I was (and still am) a long-time Wolf supporter for his inclusion into Brawl, it's kind-of hard not to use Wolf after putting so much effort into the support. Good thing Wolf turned out to be an awesome character in SSBB.

derv

Smash Apprentice
1) large starfox fan
2) anti-heroes are the coolest people ever ( take batman for example)
3) wolfs moveset just seemed to be ace imo
4) wolf is by far the coolest space animal

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
I chose wolf for his moveset and aerial control, the same real reason all of us chose him.

Epsiloh

Smash Rookie
i diden't like him at first he was accually one of the last people i thought i would like then i decided i would finally play as him and i just had so much fun and ofcourse loved his reflector kinda like suited my battle style

dylan?!?

Smash Rookie
i tryed every charactor and i figured out my 3 mains were him snake and sonic, i picked him cause b4 i got ssbb i went over my friends who had it, i was pit and he was wolf and he beat me really bad soi felt like trying him

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
1.He's my favorite Starfox character
2.He's the only one of my top newcomer picks to make the cut
3. I love his moveset
4. "What's the matter, Scared?"

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I used wolf cause he kind of felt like the old link to me, has a projectile that can stop approaches, doesn't jump five miles into the air, fast faller, fairly strong, and good aerials in the right hands. Also I like his versatile playstyle and reflector, he seems to be very balanced, but not broken, which is nice.

Morashi

Smash Rookie
Because his balance is exactly what I needed to beat my friend who uses Pit all the time. Now I'm the winner at our big get-togethers. Something he still isn't used to. =P

Top Bottom