• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why cant I Short Hop Double Laser

foxmarth101

Smash Rookie
Haha. I totally forgot you give advice on this topic.

What I do is briefly tap the Y button to jump.

Then , without lifing my finger I quickly slide it over to B and press it twice.

Oh and don't fast fall it. That's what you do.

XD
That works for me too.

Edit:and yes It gets extremly easy

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
everyone who said you can move around better while shling compared to shdling is an idiot you can move around just as good shdling except faster because you can di after you shoot the first laser which comes out faster in a shdl than a shl

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I slide by fingers from y to b at the middle joint on my thumb. However, since I normally use my fingertip to tap Y to shorthop, this makes my way of SHDL almost useless in real matches, since I have to change my finger position, which I haven't learned how to be consistent with yet.

sauc3

Smash Lord
i bring my left thumb over. since its not doing anything after i hit x, you have to be quick to be able to do moving ones, but if makes SHRevDL to the right easy since you flick the control stick to the right while moving for the b. takes some gettin used to but im very consistent at it now.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
What I learned from a friend is just use two fingers. You could learn to play claw, but I think that's a bit too much effort, so my trick is just stretch your left thumb over to the B button, and have the right one on x/y.
this works for me because shdl isn't really a mobile tactic, so it's ok to be stationary while doing it. Learn when you should shl on the move and when to shdl, meaning when you have time to sit down and camp. if you practice shl enough, you'll learn to shdl, and BOOM you're playing fox
EDIT: I watch Zel a lot, and I've realized that you don't really need to shdl, so you can just fastfall the shl.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Both thumbs? I would rather claw than use both thumbs. Just go with the control stick if you can't do Y>B>B.

MegaMarthMan

Smash Cadet
Your not trying fast enough. You have to realize that (if you don't claw or use the control stick to jump) you have to have your thumb on the B button pretty much the instant you shorthop. I use both X and Y just fine. It really comes down to sliding your finger for Y or X to B extremely fast. Plus you have to remember to press B twice. There is nothing else except be faster, and you don't fast fall short hop double lasers.
It works better if you do I do just not for the whole jump it's faster ;)

Top Bottom