• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brawl was delayed (good news)...

ruel

Smash Cadet
I got this from Nsider2 (http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69415)

Sakurai recently said he will make and improve SSBB as optimum as possible.

He also said there will be many playable characters, more than you can imagine, and he said the team is still adding and programming characters. There will be more 3rd party characters too.

The combo control, he said, is relatively easy to control
But to those who already played Melee, he recommends the GC controller

The best news is that SE will be in the best quality that is fun to play alone. It takes more than 10 hours to complete the story mode.

Source: Famitsu
EDIT: Here is the article that the guy on Nsider2 got it from (it's supposedly an article from Famitsu that is translated into Korean): http://ruliweb.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_nin02&num=13156&main=nin

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
This really come from Famitsu? Anyone who speaka da Japanese?

If true then.... AWESOME!

M.K

Level 55
Well if THATS true, yay! I don't really mind the delay, if it were still Dec. 3, it would be the week of my Finals, which then would suffer because I would have been Brawling....all day....with new characters...and..

:(

ballerboy

Smash Rookie
but not everyone checks the podcast, so i dont see anything wrong about this thread.

* im guessing 6 3rd party chars now. Isaac has a chance.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Youko and SamuraiPanda did say not to go making threads, but everyone doesn't listen to their podcast. So chill out, I'm pretty sure this thread will live for a while.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
They didn't even say this in the podcast. It was about another rumor. But if they really are adding a lot more character, I will be the happiest person in the world! :D

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well a high amount of characters should be good, but if they are adding them in even now, then that's a bit bad. You know they do have to balance them, right? Actually, any characters being added in at this point are probably clones.

ruel

Smash Cadet
Assuming this is true, it would mean that to complete all difficulties of Subspace Emissary it would take like 50 hours!!!

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
So can we expect about 50 now? I am glad, because Characters are really all I care about. XD

I hope I am not disappointed. That's what I always worry about.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
Ah well, If the SE will take 10 hours. Is that with char or is the SE just a story with every character and you can't choose?

Ah well the game is going to rock. Is it going to pwn Super Mario Galaxy?

6 Third Party's wow, Sonic, Knuckles, Snake, Ocelot, Zero and Megaman?

I think it will be:
Sega: Sonic
Konami: Snake
Capcom: Megaman o.o or I am wrong
Square Enix: Geno or Sora

I think 4 Third Party's. It's still a Nintendo fighting game. Or else you can put every char in the game -.-.
Don't get me wrong, Snake and Sonic are very cool. But I prefer Nintendo characters: Ridley, Olimar, Baby Mario & Baby Luigi, Kamek, Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario etc.

Ah I just wait what we will get n.n

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
More 3rd party characters = more chance of Bomberman = happy me.

Also 10 hour SE exceeds all my expectations. By miles.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
SSE 10 hours..??

More 3rd party characters??

OMGGGG. This is VERY good news. I hope this is all true. You are making me want to play brawl right now all over again.

ruel

Smash Cadet
Ah well, If the SE will take 10 hours. Is that with char or is the SE just a story with every character and you can't choose?

Ah well the game is going to rock. Is it going to pwn Super Mario Galaxy?

6 Third Party's wow, Sonic, Knuckles, Snake, Ocelot, Zero and Megaman?

I think it will be:
Sega: Sonic
Konami: Snake
Capcom: Megaman o.o or I am wrong
Square Enix: Geno or Sora

I think 4 Third Party's. It's still a Nintendo fighting game. Or else you can put every char in the game -.-.
Don't get me wrong, Snake and Sonic are very cool. But I prefer Nintendo characters: Ridley, Olimar, Baby Mario & Baby Luigi, Kamek, Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario etc.

Ah I just wait what we will get n.n
In responce to your SE comment...
It's already shown (in some videos) that you don't get to choose any character. It's one big story where you have to play through all the characters' parts. (you usually will get to pick between two different characters for each level).

Boofer

Smash Ace
I need some verification. If this is true then ISAAC IS IN!

Foe

Smash Journeyman
SSE 10 hours..??

More 3rd party characters??

OMGGGG. This is VERY good news. I hope this is all true. You are making me want to play brawl right now all over again.
I think you mean Melee.

If it is coming from NSider I would be cautious. But I think this is somewhat reliable with the link. This is great if it's true. If not, Brawl still will be good.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Unless SSE whores out in game cinematics I really don't see how it would take 10 hours to beat. I think one would be able to thrash it in 3 hours or less, tops. Assuming they are somewhat decent at smash.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Isaac is automatically in because he said "there will be more 3rd party characters?".

wow, quite the assumption huh?
wtf? where did I say that? Isaac is in because "also said there will be many playable characters, more than you can imagine." The fact that he was on the poll coupled with this increases Isaac's chances.

ruel

Smash Cadet
Unless SSE whores out in game cinematics I really don't see how it would take 10 hours to beat. I think one would be able to thrash it in 3 hours or less, tops. Assuming they are somewhat decent at smash.
Game developers seem to exagerate things, so I'm guessing that it will take a good smasher like 4 hours.

Strongside

Smash Apprentice
“And now, your highness, we will discuss the locat
I don't think so. What we have seen could be only a fraction of what is in the actual story. We have only seen the roles of some of the currently revealed characters, and they have barely touched on some, like Link and Yoshi, and not at all on others, like Ice Climbers, Ike, Pikachu, and Lucas. Not to mention all the unlockable characters if they are involved.

As for those saying Issac is third party... where have you been? Camelot never ended their contract with Nintendo, and are still Second Party. A simmilar situation happened with Silicon Knights while they were a second party, but had a game published by Konami.

Not to mention Golden Sun is a Nintendo IP.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
wtf? where did I say that? Isaac is in because "also said there will be many playable characters, more than you can imagine." The fact that he was on the poll coupled with this increases Isaac's chances.
If this is true then ISAAC IS IN!
"If this is true", im sure it is referring to this thread and what was said.

Boofer

Smash Ace
"If this is true", im sure it is referring to this thread and what was said.
Yeah, but the main post wasn't only talking about 3rd party characters. That's just how everyone else interpreted the info.

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I don't see why this is considered "New or Exciting" news. We knew the reason that Sakurai delayed the game was that he personally didn't feel it was as best it can be. He wanted to optimize the features and tighten the gameplay. This only confirms that fact. The way that he stated that there would be many characters only means to me that there are many characters yet to be unveiled which is yet again not new news.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Honestly I don't see why this is considered "New or Exciting" news. We knew the reason that Sakurai delayed the game was that he personally didn't feel it was as best it can be. He wanted to optimize the features and tighten the gameplay. This only confirms that fact. The way that he stated that there would be many characters only means to me that there are many characters yet to be unveiled which is yet again not new news.
the fact that it was officially confirmed makes it new and exiting. We know for sure, 100% there will be more 3rd party characters and a long SSE story.

That is..If what was stated even true LOL

Top Bottom