• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I mean, it's weird that he's announcing what he's planning to do later, and that this doesn't seem to depend on any flip. It's not as if his concern about Ranmaru is explained in any sort of context of Ran's play pattern or Lore's existing read, he just sort of says "I'm going to investigate this!"

Oh also he seems to be sheeping other people's opinions recently. Although he openly admits to it ("I feel similar to Tom...") so that does confuse me as to what level of self-awareness he is playing on if he's mafia.

I don't agree? It relies on the belief that scum are in general afraid of taking risks and being in the spotlight, yet Lore was apparently oblivious to the risk and didn't seem to have any particular strategy in attacking soup. I think that's worth a provisional read.
So you agree with Soup saying Lore is playing too scum to be scum? I can see the argument for scum not wanting to be on the spotlight like that, but yours and soups reasoning don't really delve into Lore's play itself for the townread.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Night action resolution:
Mafia Role Blocker - > Jailkeeper -> Body Guard -> Oracle -> Night Kills -> Messenger/Role Cop -> Tracker

Are we assuming all of these roles are in the game given the fact that he posted a resolution list with them?

Or was he smart enough to put all possible roles in their even if they aren’t used.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Haven't read recent pages, I made another joke instead

I am spartacus

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Probably because I look ****ing ****ty on a Soup town flip.
Nope it was because you were ready to just lynch a power role claim easy wagon which is the **** that I do because I’ve got a set of low hangers clacking between my legs and I hate bad town play on D1 so I’m literally always fine with setting up a good LYLO team at the expense of D1/D2 if they become over-centralized **** shows.

You pumping the breaks and starting to try and actually create a more nuanced web where people have to interact with other slots is much better. Pretty much everyone but me (since I’m like 75,000% confirmed town) would look **** on a Soup flip by way of how he’s created this D1 mess. That wouldn’t make any difference in why at first I was willing to go after your slot.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
My problem with a wagon like Soup/Lore and they way it developed at first is everyone looks at the wagons but the crappy part about things like that is scum doesn’t even have to be on a wagon because it’s so force fed that one of them inevitably gets lynched and it’s hard to effectively read ulterior motive. No one blames people for being incorrect on Soup/Lore if that lynch goes through right away because it’s just bad play.

Plus I’m having trouble wrapping my head around Lore being ALLOWED to play so badly without someone on his team telling him to stop posting where as with Soup I can see an explosion AtE post and then backpedaling after confirmation with a team.. it does feel gross to lynch a potential PR on day 1 but it’s also like.. what the **** do I gain from him being alive D2 if he gets there. Plus like we could just **** around and win the game during the day phases continuing on anyways.

What a conundrum.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
yeah I’m gonna reread I can’t make a good decision yet, and I’m not down to lynch half the game so i know something has to be wrong. Need to read this a few times until I’m willing to lynch at least 6-7 people today.

#HBC | ѕoup

My problem with a wagon like Soup/Lore and they way it developed at first is everyone looks at the wagons but the crappy part about things like that is scum doesn’t even have to be on a wagon because it’s so force fed that one of them inevitably gets lynched and it’s hard to effectively read ulterior motive. No one blames people for being incorrect on Soup/Lore if that lynch goes through right away because it’s just bad play.

Plus I’m having trouble wrapping my head around Lore being ALLOWED to play so badly without someone on his team telling him to stop posting where as with Soup I can see an explosion AtE post and then backpedaling after confirmation with a team.. it does feel gross to lynch a potential PR on day 1 but it’s also like.. what the **** do I gain from him being alive D2 if he gets there. Plus like we could just **** around and win the game during the day phases continuing on anyways.

What a conundrum.
The first part of this post made me :)

Then the other made me :(

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
OK, just got done with all of my commitments for the day. Reading up (I left off on page 9), so ping me if you have any questions/stuff you want answered before I get completely caught up. JeXs and I have talked a decent amount, and as of last night, I think we agreed on pretty much everything but our opinions of Kary (although take that with a grain of salt, since 14 pages have happened since then that I haven't seen lol).

#HBC | ѕoup

Why can't me and Lore just both be town

What's stopping the thread from believing in this, but actually

Yeah yeah individual play Lore is scummy

Name a game Lore hasn't been scummy

Name a game where Lore didn't get himself into trouble

Name a game where I didn't get myself into trouble

What's different here?

#HBC | ѕoup

Why am I still defending Lore if we're both teammates here? Why does this lynching Lore/Soup make any sense from a partner perspective. You can't have your cake and eat it too. The problem I've had since I brought it up is that nobody is willing to cue in (besides Ran, he's making sort of an attempt) why my actions make sense for both of us to be scum. Because that's what I'm reading all of this is.

Am I wrong to assume that?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why can't me and Lore just both be town

What's stopping the thread from believing in this, but actually

Yeah yeah individual play Lore is scummy

Name a game Lore hasn't been scummy

Name a game where Lore didn't get himself into trouble

Name a game where I didn't get myself into trouble

What's different here?
How in the **** is that supposed to make me feel better about your slot?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The first part of this post made me :)

Then the other made me :(
Unfortunately with the rest of your garbage D1 it needed to be stated because it’s true. It’s why I was also wary of a Ryker push on you before he took a step back and started playing townie Ryker and forcing other slots to actually interact again. A lynch of you or Lore as of page 15 where I was originally answering Fandango would have literally been a completely wasted day minus the fact that we’d have gotten rid of at worst a bad town play.

( I won’t say player I don’t think people should be held to standards between games unless you’re Mac and indecisive in which case it’s an auto lynch)

#HBC | ѕoup

Unfortunately with the rest of your garbage D1 it needed to be stated because it’s true. It’s why I was also wary of a Ryker push on you before he took a step back and started playing townie Ryker and forcing other slots to actually interact again. A lynch of you or Lore as of page 15 where I was originally answering Fandango would have literally been a completely wasted day minus the fact that we’d have gotten rid of at worst a bad town play.

( I won’t say player I don’t think people should be held to standards between games unless you’re Mac and indecisive in which case it’s an auto lynch)
I see why you feel this way and I don't blame you, but my problem I have with it that it will instill a mentality to lynch to the bottom until we're endgamed. I'm not trying to say anything revolutionary, but you seem to understand a little bit how there could be some scum playing behind the scenes about all this ****. Work with me and I promise no ****boy behavior for as long as I continue to live. I'll even put my pants on (unless you prefer them to be off).

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lore Lore So do you want to lynch him or do you want to give him another phase?
Considering the fact that the game is about lynching scum, I'm down for lynching Soup. I firmly believe that he is lying.

I'm also going to pull a not-me and choose not to respond to Ran. I feel no need to prove that he was weird about hopping on the wagon; it was painfully obvious.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Really? Please set out further your take on my slot since that is by far the most interesting.
Glad I went and re-read to make sure I wasn't being a ****ing idiot because LOL I was, look at this ****:
Votecount

Ryker (1): FrozenFlame
Soup (4): Kary, Kevin, Lore, Ryker
Lore (4): Marshy, Fandangox, Tom, soup
OrangeXHTML (2): Gorf, Ranmaru
FrozenFlame (1): Pythag
Pythag(1): OrangeXHTML

Not Voting(0):

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
This vote count is ****ing pre claim, fml hahahahaha, yeah you don't look sketch at all my ****in bad

But seriously tho I think soup's claim is legit, I mean look at this ****
Vote: Pythag

Done :)
I think we just got too emotional with each other and it was clouding my judgment as the idea of scum being on me early has been really heightened for a while.
Meanwhile Kary nowhere to be seen discussing in the scumchat what to do :joyful:
He's all over the ****ing place. There isn't an ounce of calculation in his play. He's flustered townie pulling a power play out of spite and just spewing stream of consciousness reads without a second thought. This is the play of someone who doesn't give a ****. I mean maybe hes scum doesn't give af about his scummates or using a fake claim to actually try to gain meaningful credibility and actually push the noose in a meaningful direction that's good for his team but like damn, that's some cold **** if that's what he's doing. Think soup has gained nothing from this claim. All he got was a lot more focus on him, a handful of people trying to call a potential AtE bluff, and everyone taking his slot way less seriously as far as in game clout is concerned. I don't see any manipulative intent in his play, he's just gone off the handle and is riding the high of the mic drop that is a D1 spite PR claim. Am I crazy for reading it this way given that all of the above quotes are on the same page and like within minutes of each other?
I think if Soup is scum, he's doing all this because his partner is scum being wagon-ed as well. I support his lynch. I really don't think this play makes sense being a town oracle, I would expect more confidence and oomph from Soup if so. If soup flips scum I'd actually look at Lore.
This is a plausible theory, like if Lore is the only scum PR and soup wants to eat the noose to protect the scum JOAT or some ****. But I'm not sure what you're getting at at the end of this post. Why would him being oracle give him any more confidence than a VT on D1 when there's no N0? He doesn't have any extra information at all and no passive ability he can rely on to protect him or something. Like this expectation that oracle!Soup would have "more oomph" or "confidence" is really confusing me. Can you explain?

Pumped to see kevmo geared up for the end of phase. Very much looking forward to seeing what he's thinking after reading everything

Is OrangeXHTML still voting pythag? What a weird vote given where the games at right now. More pressure on this slot plz?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Soup regardless of the fact that i disagree with the rest of your post just know it’s always a pants off environment

Top Bottom