• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Aight enjoy your nap. I'm still just utterly confused why you picked this route to go, letting your Town PR read die in favor of waiting to apply pressure to Marshy. New style or not, that's some weird priority-picking.
imagine you hav misread a player for literally years

imagine you hav tried, many times, to get a read on that player by "pressuring" them only to end up geting the opposite read of their actual alignment

is taking a hands off approach so scummy/bad?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
imagine you hav misread a player for literally years

imagine you hav tried, many times, to get a read on that player by "pressuring" them only to end up geting the opposite read of their actual alignment

is taking a hands off approach so scummy/bad?
When his only other option, in his own words, is to let his town-read claimed-PR die? And after he has been weird about distancing himself from that lynch, combined with the sudden swap EoD1?

Yeah, it's pretty bad.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry I needed the prod. I'm here, I just have literally nothing to say.

I'm more believing that Lore is town. Like this looks identical to his play last game.

Soup is a coinflip.

Marshy is dependent on soup flip imo. Kevin even mentioned that marshy looks bad if soup is town.

I really didn't like his post when he said "I guess soup dies either way", it seems kinda....forced? idk.

FF had some weird distancing with marshy (or maybe it was vice versa) yesterDay, this is also dependent on a soup flip for me.

Tom took off with his newfound confidence and I loved that post. I think he's town.

Gorf intimidates me because as much as I hate to admit it, he read me like freaking book yesterDay. and that worries me that I'm being manipulated.
slight town lean

Ran - I haven't noticed him much.

Fandango - ???????

Kevin - depends on soup flip, has been playing town, but Scum!soup could actually point to a bus by kevin. Town!soup tells us what kevin is.

R Ryker you are 100% convinced that soup is scum? Not even an inkling that he's town?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I would much rather see you actively participating, slowing down the reread and maybe putting your foot in your mouth. I'd rather see how your reread ends up coloring what you're sitting on now.
Sure, I get it. I feel like I'm waxing an dawning between extremes. I'll be around.

I also think it's been hard to do much while feeling that this day phase is inevitable. That's not totally true but I know we all feel it.

Also the **** happened to my username
I DID, BABY

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
marshy what is your read on ran?
light town read

hes had some bite/stubborness to him that i think he has difficulty replicating as scum

the worst thing about him is his soup read but i think hes just been bamboozled again

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
from my supreme skim, yea nothing’s really changed. i can barely tell you what your grievance even is, just that you have one

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
gorf. quick thought experiment

lets say soup flips town. ive had mad ppl (ryker, kevin, pythag, mayb more) shade me to the point of saying i look bad on a soup town flip

whereas before the sentiment was that lore would b someone to gun for if soups town

presume im town. do you think theres anything to this thing where ppl are more shading me while it seems their suspicions of lore has taken a backseat?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Marshy fwiw I think Lore vs Soup has the possibility of dumb vs dumb but they’re completely intertwined and it makes it hard for one to live after the other goes.

Yours is actual time interesting interactions that I dislike with Soup near the end of D1

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
gorf. quick thought experiment

lets say soup flips town. ive had mad ppl (ryker, kevin, pythag, mayb more) shade me to the point of saying i look bad on a soup town flip

whereas before the sentiment was that lore would b someone to gun for if soups town

presume im town. do you think theres anything to this thing where ppl are more shading me while it seems their suspicions of lore has taken a backseat?
yes

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
from my supreme skim, yea nothing’s really changed. i can barely tell you what your grievance even is, just that you have one
Quick summary/timeline then.

1. Ran first said he "couldn't defend the claim" and did a lot of hand-wringing over being OK with Soup dying despite him being a town read and a claimed PR.

2. I developed a case against him by looking into his actions at End of Day 1, where I found that he has acted super weird about his Soup read. The main issue is that he suddenly and without warning dropped off of Soup.

3. When pressed on this point, he cited Spak's town flip as his reasoning, despite the sudden drop happening BEFORE the flip.

4. We had a back and forth where he then brought up a multitude of reasons that he had for dropping off Soup, despite never having shared them at the time.

5. Chief among them was that he saw Soup's reads as solid, specifically that he realized he could use Soup (his major scum read until the last minute of D1) to work together and push lynches. This is despite him directly criticizing Soup's play and reads multiple times.

6. The back and forth continues where we debate 4 and 5. You will have to read that one and decide how you feel on it; he ends up arguing that saying "Soup's reads were scum spewing and not townie" didn't mean that he criticized Soup's reads. Up to you on who was right here.

7. Then when pressed on his close to the chest play, he opens up about wanting to push Marshy but not feeling like he could. He essentially says here that he would rather let his supposed town read (and a claimed PR) die rather than push Marshy to get a different lynch.

That's my version of the events as I see them.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Like, I read two pages of Ran and Lore talking about garbage and that's been more than I have gotten in the last 48 hours.
You said the same for Lore vs Soup D1.

What do you consider a meaningful exchange that has happened in this game yet

Anything that you think may be important to look into? Where's your head at the moment? Aside from wanting Soup dead of course.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Fanny, how did you confuse my 1562? Why did you ask me to expand on Soup when I had defended him already? What is your conclusion?

Also Gorf scumread me a good bit last game as scum.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Fanny, how did you confuse my 1562? Why did you ask me to expand on Soup when I had defended him already? What is your conclusion?
I already explained that.

You said this:

I mean after his claim and explosion, I don't think I can defend him from a lynch, and do think his lynch can help inform my reads even though I think he is likely town.
Then I answered right after:

Ah ok, I thought you meant something about his play was indefensible from your PoV
You liking the post and not saying anything about it after made me just think the conversation ended there, which is why I pointed out your wording when you said you couldn't defend his bad play. But I don't know why you are asking this, I thought by your #1,581 that was already cleared up.

And why I asked you to expand on Soup? I don't care if someone already explained something before, I might ask them the question again or ask them to expand later to see where their head is at, or to see if they say anything inconsistent.

Like Lore does have a point that if you think Soup is town, you don't really seem that concerned about trying to convince town to keep him alive. I realize most have resigned to him being the lynch, but that would be more reason for you to try to convince town otherwise.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
#HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup are you gonna play and answer the questions I made to you, or are you just gonna disappear and hope we all kill each other in your absence instead.
I'm not really thinking about them. This sounds spiteful but everytime I view the thread it is basically people saying they're going to lynch me and ****ting on my presence so why would I bother responding.

#HBC | ѕoup

That isn't a boo-hoo statement, that's a 'I've done all I can.' I like answering things if I can get something out of them, but right now the whole thread has resigned to my death therefore I personally gain nothing. LOL

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Link was a pretty good avatar for you to pick because you’ve played Mafia for this many years and you’re still a ****ing child :bluejump:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
That isn't a boo-hoo statement, that's a 'I've done all I can.' I like answering things if I can get something out of them, but right now the whole thread has resigned to my death therefore I personally gain nothing. LOL
Soup just answer my #1,450 please

You are here, you can do that now. You can even ignore the first FF question, but answer the other one.

#HBC | ѕoup

Link was a pretty good avatar for you to pick because you’ve played Mafia for this many years and you’re still a ****ing child :bluejump:
I can't tell the more you insult me is because you're mad because you think I'm town or indignant to the fact I didn't give you exactly what you wanted.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Fandangox Fandangox Reason I ask is I mention his claim and explosion. More so curious what you thought I meant with that first line.

Your reaction implied you felt I should have had more, when there is not much more content to read him by.

It is past the point where I can. Plus his lynch informs my reads and the reads of others. Plus he is not doing himself any favors by being this anti-town and refusing to play ball.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Fandangox Fandangox Reason I ask is I mention his claim and explosion. More so curious what you thought I meant with that first line.

Your reaction implied you felt I should have had more, when there is not much more content to read him by.

It is past the point where I can. Plus his lynch informs my reads and the reads of others. Plus he is not doing himself any favors by being this anti-town and refusing to play ball.
I mean that's fair enough, but Im just trying to get the most out of Soup's flip from anyone that has anything to say about the slot.

#HBC | ѕoup

Regardless of my alignment that has been a very negative game. I think when I was a child as KevinM states, I could take it, but I have better things to do with myself than sit here and be chewed out for playing a game. I've seen people call my play bad, tell me I shouldn't be allowed to play again to some effect, tell me I'm anti-town, tell me I'm stupid, tell me that all I can do is AtE, tell me that my reads suck etc.

Any attempt to get into the game has been met with dissenting opinions, scathing logic and then people having the audacity of still telling me I'm not doing enough. I've had to deal with this over a joke vote and me getting upset over the things I've outlined in this very post.

....Why would I want to respond to this thread?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Because you are NOT doing enough Soup, I have asked you 4 times to answer a simply question about applying your Wagoneconimic logic on your own wagon, including myself and Ryker who switched votes, yet you decide to just go "oh woe is me" again and again.

I can't even say you are playing bad at this point, you are just not playing.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Unfortunately, I contributed to that. While I do still read you as scum for various reasons, I apologize again for laying on way too many jokes.

Because you are NOT doing enough Soup, I have asked you 4 times to answer a simply question about applying your Wagoneconimic logic on your own wagon, including myself and Ryker who switched votes, yet you decide to just go "oh woe is me" again and again.

I can't even say you are playing bad at this point, you are just not playing.
I mean the dude came back then immediately had honestly a pretty rough joke from Kev thrown at him. Can you blame him for not wanting to stick around?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, I contributed to that. While I do still read you as scum for various reasons, I apologize again for laying on way too many jokes.

I mean the dude came back then immediately had honestly a pretty rough joke from Kev thrown at him. Can you blame him for not wanting to stick around?
He can chose to ignore him and answer the question I asked. He says that he's done all he can, but he can't even be bothered to reply to my game-related comments.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
you are 100% convinced that soup is scum? Not even an inkling that he's town?
I am incredibly confident. I can be wrong, which is why I need the flip before I start acting like I have connections that aren't established. However Soup's play is absolutely disgusting and the only reason to keep him around is WIFOM that assumes him to be complete dog ****.

Top Bottom