• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
New rule: Every read list has to be done as a tier list image like the one fandangox just posted

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Like if I had to describe it, I'd say Ryker's usual townplay is the equivalent of a shirtless guy in crocs blasting anime music in a boombox
LMFAO. literally laughed at this aloud for like the last 30-45 seconds

this needs to b framed

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Fandangox Fandangox

depends on flips tbh.

I'm interested in FF/Marshy interactions.
I was also interested in you, but that's coming up kinda null.

As for soup/lore...
I've also been trying to factor in the fact that so many people consider soup scum. it certainly hurts having never played with him and seeing AtE used in such a way as Ryker and you just mentioned. I think even Kary wrote "I have written down to never trust PR claims from soup" Up until this most recent post by ryker and you, I thought everyone was kinda taking the piss. This makes me seriously rethink some things.

On the other hand, why would he claim oracle, as he literally only becomes useful to town when he's lynched?
I don't get why everyone wanted to kill an oracle claim before they even get to do anything, that doesn't make much sense to me. So I'm about to go relook what happened post claim.

soup definitely seems to be the play today though,

If he's town and truthful, we open up another townie, while removing all the suspicion from him from the game and learning a LOT through his lynch,
if he's scum, we eliminate scum and learn a LOT through his lynch

Seems smart to me.

vote soup
Ok, so FF or Gorf, and Fanny/Ryker.

if Ff or Gorf is a good angle, why would make the case towards them? Wouldn't it be better to present the case to us?

I don't know if you'll ever convince a person that they're scum, but the rest of us? you may be able to do that.

I had a gut scumread on Fandangox yesterDay. So I don't know why you're reading him as being ubiquitously townread. Got anything to help?
Ryker was null until he started more normal yesterDay.

What lynch helps town the most today?
You keep planting the seeds of seeing me as scum, but not really doing anything with it. You did the same thing D1 with me again, and Lore, but voted FF instead. Like the paranoid part of me thinks you are just waiting till the game's opinion on certain players changes so then you can vote and go "No see? I was scumreading them all along!"

I know you are voting Soup right now, but If you are really scumreading me why not try to explore that venue? I've made plenty of posts, Im pretty sure you can find something that catches your fancy and make a case on it, its on the house.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm on it.

I'll be trying to iso you tonight/tomorrow, to see if there's anything, or if it's just nagging doubts.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
#HBC | ѕoup #HBC | ѕoup Anything you liked to expand on your FF vote?

Conversely, applying the same wagoneconomics or whatever you called it on the people who are on your own wagon (plus me and Ryker who are currently not voting you) who do you think is the most likely to be scum there and why?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You said he was being paranoid so I was curious to know what your thoughts on his play was as you have more experience with Tom than myself.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
besides last game i havent played with tom in years. in his prime he was a confident leader and pushed hella discussion with pointed questions

but last game it seemed more he was tryna get his footing cuz its been a while. he looked like scum in comparison. but i was wrong. i dont think meta will serve me well in reading him

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Wrecked my hand playing Tetris Attack. I'll respond to stuff tommorow lol

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fandangox Fandangox
Just iso'd you. I guess it's just weird feelings.

Nothing you're doing is really that scummy. at least that I can see from my iso.

holy cow though, you getting a read list out of soup was like pulling teeth.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag, why did you dislike Fannys Lore vote?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag, why did you dislike Fannys Lore vote?
At the time it seemed like there was a fair amount of discussion around those two, and fandangox just kinda squeaked his vote on in. It struck me as convenient.

doesn't actually appear to be the reality, which is why all of that was just kinda based off of gut. I didn't like it, but limited computer access kinda made my 'case' just that. limited. I only brought it up recently when soup was boldly complaining about marshy and fanny getting a free town pass, and I showed him that he was wrong.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Tommmmmmmmy boy, don't do it to em like that.
Bro give me a reason not to

null. some things hes done im rolling in my head tryna figure out if they go in one direction over the other

why you ask?

also tom did you townread me in the last game? or was i like null/scum to you most of the time?
You were town-read except when doubt/fear crept in and I openly questioned you but not in a productive way and more like a "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm marshy hmmmmmmmmmm" way

Basically theres no world where i push a lynch on you day 1 and then you died

Your assessment of my past play is so true it makes me sad

Soon I will shed this fear like snake skin and god help whomever is in my sights

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
null. some things hes done im rolling in my head tryna figure out if they go in one direction over the other

why you ask?

also tom did you townread me in the last game? or was i like null/scum to you most of the time?
You know what fuxk it

Tell me what these things are and let's do this. Let's get semantic as fuxk and see if it wakes the dragon

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
why havent you pushed anyone hard/cased anyone? wheres the bite?

why hav you been asking permission to push/wagon ppl?

somewhat related to the above but why so laidback in general? i saw you say you wanted me/kevin/ff to play harder but does that not apply to you as well?

why the asking kevin for direction and me for questions? i get were all tight but i didnt see this last game

what has you doubting a soup lynch to the degree that you are?

do you have concerns/qualms lore might b lynchbait again?

if lore/soup were both dead and i gave you a gun to shoot someone who would you go and why?

in general do you feel like you hav any vibes as to how scum are approaching this game? like do you think theyre inactive/subdued, at the forefront, something else, a mix, etc.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
in addition when i say "some things" im just stewing on if your subdued approach/nervousness is coming from a place of town whos paranoid vs a scum roll of someone who hasnt played in a long time and is not quite sure on what to do

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Votecount:

Soup (3): Marshy, , Lore, Pythag
FrozenFlame(1): Soup
Lore(2): Ranmaru, ryker

Not Voting(5): Kevinm, Tom, Fandangox, Gorf, FrozenFlame

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Like if I had to describe it, I'd say Ryker's usual townplay is the equivalent of a shirtless guy in crocs blasting anime music in a boombox, which is not exactly how he's been playing this game, but like I said, he probably has reasons for that.
Okay, you got it man. Play me tomorrow. I'll buy it for PS4 tonight.

Jesus Christ, that slayed me.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
why havent you pushed anyone hard/cased anyone? wheres the bite?

why hav you been asking permission to push/wagon ppl?

somewhat related to the above but why so laidback in general? i saw you say you wanted me/kevin/ff to play harder but does that not apply to you as well?
I haven't been playing correctly. I shouldn't have been asking permission; I should have been asking questions to determine if others agreed with me or not. I can't say why I've adopted such a laid-back attitude but I don't think it's helped and I choose not to play this way any more. I have simply been timid and I do not think that it suits me. I would rather be myself and lose than sit back and watch the town win without me. I think I forgot that part of the game.

It absolutely does apply to me.

why the asking kevin for direction and me for questions? i get were all tight but i didnt see this last game
I'm looking to establish a better barometer for Kevin. I love the guy to death and our love will never die, but he hasn't done jack **** all game but go along with the most common group-thought opinions, and while that doesn't make him scum, it also doesn't make him valuable. I seem to remember Kevin shooting from the hip and blowing me away.

I'm not convinced he has read any post more than once, and the same goes for Frozenflame. I feel that Frozenflame has made repeated mistakes in reading comprehension in this game and while it may simply reflect his busy work schedule, I feel that it is worse than that. He shows up, gets something wrong, apologizes, and disappears. This is why he started to fall to the bottom of my list Day 1. Then at the end of the Day, he vocally interpreted my change of vote from Lore to Orange and back as something suspicious - categorizing it as "blatant stalling" and "**** blocking the wagon." This feels like scum!Macman's latching onto something fairly normal to me last game and pushing it even when its pretty explanatory, which drops Frozenflame more on my list.

what has you doubting a soup lynch to the degree that you are?
Why should I want to lynch him? The case against him is primarily made from his god-awful L-1 "hammer" joke of Ryker during RVS, his willingness to appeal to emotion (which has been established to be regardless of alignment - yes, he is willing to do it as scum, but does that mean anything if he also does it regularly as town?), and the discussion that primarily involved Lynchbait Lore and Spak.

I could easily be wrong. I was pretty much wrong about Doop and only voted him late in Day 1 when I expressed that it felt like the game was falling apart. Turned out he was scum. Yay! Maybe Soup will also be scum. Maybe he has to die for this town to get over the three-way car-wreck that it feels like our discussion has been.

do you have concerns/qualms lore might b lynchbait again?
Yeah and honestly I've been incredibly lazy and have been pushing a Lore lynch all game because its easy and he could even be scum.

if lore/soup were both dead and i gave you a gun to shoot someone who would you go and why?
I'm going to answer this one in another post.

in general do you feel like you hav any vibes as to how scum are approaching this game? like do you think theyre inactive/subdued, at the forefront, something else, a mix, etc.
OrangeXhtml flipped town, the other two could easily flip town one after another. The only good news would be that Kevin would be a known quantity, but the odds are that he would die in the Night immediately. Well, and there'd be a papertrail and I might feel like I can actually draw lines through multiple dots.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Why should I want to lynch him? The case against him is primarily made from his god-awful L-1 "hammer" joke of Ryker during RVS, his willingness to appeal to emotion (which has been established to be regardless of alignment - yes, he is willing to do it as scum, but does that mean anything if he also does it regularly as town?), and the discussion that primarily in
the thing with soup that id point out is

he made that reads list right. that seemed to b the turning point whereafter ppl started giving him more slack

why tf did he not express any of the thoughts he had in that post more frequently throughout the phase? he mentioned me being scummy and vibes; he should have explored that prior to being pushed as much as he was. im saying a townie would have likelier been more vocal with those reads beforehand (and exploring them) before being beaten over the head by town to finally put some reads out there. it took 3/4s of the phase to get that out of him

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
the thing with soup that id point out is

he made that reads list right. that seemed to b the turning point whereafter ppl started giving him more slack

why tf did he not express any of the thoughts he had in that post more frequently throughout the phase? he mentioned me being scummy and vibes; he should have explored that prior to being pushed as much as he was. im saying a townie would have likelier been more vocal with those reads beforehand (and exploring them) before being beaten over the head by town to finally put some reads out there. it took 3/4s of the phase to get that out of him
Sure. I think your characterization of the "turning point" being his reads list is fair. There's also some +AtE directed at me in that post where Soup says I've been most fair to him and didn't deserve his -AtE. I still want to say that I truly defended him Day 1 because of the claim and not because of this "turning point," but now that it is Day 2 I find myself still casting him as soup!Oracle in my head. And yet I feel willing to lynch him. Oracle is really nuts. I need to work this out, it's definitely not good enough to let it work itself out via everyone else lynching him before I come to a decision. And if I decide that he is Town, I need to be pushing a different lynch. Does the "evidence" against him feel totally overwhelming from this position? Why am I so stuck on this stupid ****? **** I'm going back to taking notes.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also, all this crap about AtE, I do not want people construing that as a thing I am lording over Soup. I just see people asking "why does he do that as scum" when he has a history of doing that ****. I only want people to judge Soup based on his actions, not his attitude.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
God… I’m only on post #350 on my re-read notes and its 2 AM. however i do feel that i am starting to create more confidence in my opinions as they feel more informed

nobody should end the day any time soon

sorry to give tease notes but this is for real and i gotta get at least 4 hours of sleep

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Prod received, im only really read up to like page 34, new raid tier just dropped in WoW so Ive had to do a lot of raid prep grinding sunday and Monday to be ready to hit the ground running tonight for the first run of the new ****

Ill try to finish reading over my lunch break and get my thoughts up once Im home from work

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Prod received, im only really read up to like page 34, new raid tier just dropped in WoW so Ive had to do a lot of raid prep grinding sunday and Monday to be ready to hit the ground running tonight for the first run of the new ****

Ill try to finish reading over my lunch break and get my thoughts up once Im home from work
Yeah that new raid looks dope. I'm excited for where things are going; I ended up going to FF14 instead of WoW when I felt the itch to do an MMO last week, but I'm keeping up with the lore.

Tom Tom Here, I'll re-ask the question verbatim to make it easier.

One thing that people brought up earlier is how Spak gave off Doop vibes from how he went aggro against my hypothetical. However, you did similar (but a lesser amount), yet you got a free pass. In your own words, why do you think this was passed over and ignored?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
At work and not progressing on my re-read notes until I'm off work again tonight. Cant access the boards at work anymore and I'm not able to focus on finishing them on mobile at work. Should make good progress tonight and look forward to sharing it and solidifying my opinions in the process.

I can still contribute and chat though.

Lore Lore - I think I gave this a good answer already. I was thinking I missed some other question of yours. See:

Well Spak definitely did give Doop vibes if you correlate the two together like the old SAT analogies that got me into college. But he was town.

Anyways, I think ppl give me the benefit of the doubt for the same reason they give Kevin/marshy/Ryker the benefit of the doubt - only because they trust that if I'm town I'm going to use my brain in lylo.

I also didnt accuse you of rolebaiting and spak did. He reached. He flew higher and his wax wings burned.
In my notes I started last night, I've started to note Doop!Spak and I'll try to elaborate on what I feel I can pull from it.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
KevinM KevinM

What do you think about this Ryker and soup exchange, especially given Tom's assessment of your predicament?
You didn't explain anything or talk about anything that people haven't already said before. You use the easiest argument against me and nothing more. Are you sure you're a townie?
Lmfao

I used the easiest argument because that's how you lynch someone. I JUST gave this TED Talk.
What do you do if it's wrong? I feel like such an *** for saying this again, but to be honest everytime I do nobody seems to have a solid answer.
Continue playing mafia? I look harder at FF and Marshy, less hard at Tom. I still revisit Lore.
[\spoiler]

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self. - Aldous Huxley

As easily as the ego is slain, the ego can rise to the surface and disguise itself as earnest. As genuine. As selfless. But the ego is a dangerous entity, capable of eschewing morality and driving one to settle on a universally linear outlook. In reality, we are but insignificant individuals that only have a limited perspective on the grand scope of all that is. It is imperative that we slay the ego, transcending the nature of man to draw our own conclusions of the unknown and taking in as much of what is perceivable as we possibly can.

delving deeper

A manifestation of personal vantage points are assembled into a room in order to separate the wheat from the chaff. The chaff, among us, hellbent on dismantling the wheat. The wheat and chaff visually indiscriminate of eachother from the start. It is our job, the wheat, to best understand the personal motivations and interpersonal interactions of all else here to rightfully separate the wheat from the chaff, to prosper once more.

deeper

You're only as young as the last time you changed your mind. - Timothy Leary

When faced with the dimming light that is adversity, the masses have come up with two possible reactions: to trudge on ahead and hope to gain clarity along the way, or to recede into your cognitive dissonance, hoping to emerge from it with some sense of clarity later. Clarity is necessary. But in both cases, the ego is present. The ego driving you to continue forward despite having been wrong. The ego keeping you from acting in fear of being wrong again. Upon shattering of the ego, one can dig through the circumstances that led to their adversity and pinpoint disparities between the person that was and the person that is.

The person that is.

rrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

“Chaos is what we've lost touch with. This is why it is given a bad name. It is feared by the dominant archetype of our world, which is Ego, which clenches because its existence is defined in terms of control.” - Terence McKenna

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
top paragraph is ****ing grimeeeeee bro holy **** where is this confidence coming from? "it's a moot point?" Nah dude if you think there's any p<1 chance that soup isn't scum then your risk assessment should be factoring in the different punish values we get hit with depending on if soup is a PR and we do this all in strat of lynch before night phase against standard "book play" theory. Makes me think you aren't actually thinking about the risk reward. Could be idgaf/brash townie but this comes off like scum flavor certainty
this is interesting looking back. i definitely didnt agree with those having a stark confidence on the oracle claim being a lie. even now i think its worth considering the possibility that its true. but i do definitely think its believable that a townie thats been playing bad (which frozen clearly thinks lore has) could have that sort of stark confidence.

ryker has stark confidence in it too so im curious how frozen will treat ryker later regarding it

Top Bottom