• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
nothing sticks out too crazy one way or the other. i think he’s explained his place in the game well and his decision to default to a soup lynch makes sense to me in conjunction with how he’s been playing (I see him being lightly inquisitive and wanting to figure out how to navigate after the fact).

listen fandangox if youre gonna go after pythag go after pythag. you said you’d elaborate on your pythag stance but you’re not giving me anything to get torqued over. give me some spice going into toMorrow if you’re looking at pythag regardless of soups flip since that’s where your heads at. convince me im wrong dawg. square up

Fandangox

Smash Lord
nothing sticks out too crazy one way or the other. i think he’s explained his place in the game well and his decision to default to a soup lynch makes sense to me in conjunction with how he’s been playing (I see him being lightly inquisitive and wanting to figure out how to navigate after the fact).

listen fandangox if youre gonna go after pythag go after pythag. you said you’d elaborate on your pythag stance but you’re not giving me anything to get torqued over. give me some spice going into toMorrow if you’re looking at pythag regardless of soups flip since that’s where your heads at. convince me im wrong dawg. square up
When I said I'd elaborate on it I meant the post I replied to Pythag immediately after my readlist

But as I mentioned, Its one of the slots that I'll be focusing on a re-read.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Based on the comments being made I'm pretty sure you're going to lynch me so if anyone has any questions for me before I resign do it now.

#HBC | Gorf

You keep planting the seeds of seeing me as scum, but not really doing anything with it. You did the same thing D1 with me again, and Lore, but voted FF instead. Like the paranoid part of me thinks you are just waiting till the game's opinion on certain players changes so then you can vote and go "No see? I was scumreading them all along!"

I know you are voting Soup right now, but If you are really scumreading me why not try to explore that venue? I've made plenty of posts, Im pretty sure you can find something that catches your fancy and make a case on it, its on the house.
true. i thought you were approaching this with something concrete later and this was just an immediate response, but if its a matter of uncertainty, i can dig it. im down to square up regarding pythag whenever you are though.

ill be starting my reread now (dont watch a modern mcu movie if youve never seen one before, youll be thoroughly in the dark) and ill keep you in mind if theres anything about pythag that sticks to me further on reread

#HBC | Gorf

ranmaru can you give me a clear idea of where your head is at in your own words right now? i dont need a novella just give me some fire

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
bruh

i was this |-| close to asking frozen to hydra this game to cover him if he was busy

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Right now I still find soup town but can't really defend him after his claim. Interested in what Frozen Flame has to say specifically.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'd rather keep any other thoughts I have close to the chest right now. Unless you really want it now.

#HBC | Gorf

current thoughts pre reread:

ran
Ranmaru: been reading pretty much at a townlean since early/mid d1 because I feel like I fux with em and he took my advice seriously before the game started. He’s seriously considering it, and he’s not doing bad with it. That being said I also just haven’t seen much that makes me think he’s being scummy.

But most importantly, hes not hiding behind this different approach. He’s just… being more to the chest. And I fux with that. He’s playing ball. He’s just not cluttering the thread, and isn’t tryna make a mountain out of a molehill with that. I like that.

soup
Soup: iunno man. My heart of hearts deep down in my soul feel like he’s town and this **** really ****ing sucks. D1 I was REALLY running a train on orange being scum, and in that world, I was REALLY thinking he was town. But I see the argument on him the more I read and it’s like damn… I mean the worst thing is my feeling on soup was right and we get a flip on a supreme question mark?

The large portion of the game has been centered around soup, and at this point, his lynch effectively tears the game wide open. I’m bout it because it’ll get us to move the **** on and nothing else really excites me more than this lynch. Not in a scumreading way. But in a game way.

marshy
Marshy: ehhh ill deal with you later

kevin
Kevin: if soup goes through bro and hes town and youre town… it was nice playing with you man

If hes town and youre scum LMFAO ****ing sucks dawg get GOT

If soup is scum…

The thing is kevin makes himself hard to read. Ordinarily id lump him into the “if hes alive by d3/4 be ****ing scared” category. Wed be ****ed in that situation. Nevertheless, i like his play so far here, particularly liked how he tried to the very ****ing end to make soups lynch happen on this flip. And honestly hes mad fun to play with. For real though, i think its worth seriously considering where kevin is at after his full reread of the game and how he approaches after the flip

lore
Lore: Yo ill be real with you: i need to figure out whether youre scum or youre lynchbait. I was less torn yesterDay but man… read my case on you last game. SO much of my case on you last game is cuz I found an easy way in. And it was ****ing good. And some of the things I see here resemble what I saw last game when I reread your slot. I specifically want to get more directly from you moving forward because, like I said, we can solve you.

ryker
Ryker: bro please be town cuz itd super annoying if youre scum. Like I look at your play on a scum!soup flip and it seems pretty good, and I look at your play on a town!soup flip and it seems… pretty good. Like you were down with a soup lynch yesterDay, but after I talked to you, you were down to square up. I’m bout that ****. I wanna see you square up toMorrow, one way or another.

pythag
Pythag: I stand by my analysis I made d1 and consider his pg 10 a result of him being vla and shooting a quick thought at the hip and it looking like trash. And I can see him being town and making a really dumb read (wrt fandangox) or doing something like come off of last game and vote ff because **** inactivity. I also really think his response to spak about his case on pythag was really strongly noobtownie. Idk, I saw it last game and I see it this game man. But I’m willing to consider opposing opinions, so I wanna be really firm in why I think this. And who knows maybe I come back with a scumread idk el oh el

tom
Tom: You’ve uncovered my love for you bro. Congrats, we bought ourselves two one-way tickets to lylo cuz of yesterDay. Let’s ****in do it bro.

fandangox
Fandangox: I look forward to seeing where you go d3… that’s all really

frozenflame751
Frozenflame: VERY flip dependent read for me atm. Not much else I wanna say to that right now because I feel like he’ll be one of the players I benefit the most from out of a reread. I always harken back to when you said my joke made you have your eye on me… like idk I was obviously being a clown at that point and that’s such a miniscule thing to hook onto. I read that **** and I feel like it’s hard to not call that tongue-in-cheek. And it’s the little things like that that I see in frozenflame within a read I was gelling with yesterDay. The longer he goes ghost for, the less attached I get to that gel though.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

final readslist plz
This will sound like a copout but nobody has really grabbed onto anything I've said therefore most of my thoughts haven't changed. Perhaps people want me to assess the game in fashion Gorf did where he becomes one with brahma, but I'm leaving it as is. I think Frozen should become a topic to discuss, I'm hoping Kevin's flip opens up that vacuum of null pervading You/Kevin/Ryker in a meaningful way. I'm still not jazzed about Pythag. I'm unsure about Fanny but feel like he's either killed or solved later in the game. Ran's got my back which is cool. Gorf going overdrive for some reason.

Sidenote: Tom's metamorphosis awhile back was really clean. I liked it.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
giraffelasergun giraffelasergun can you update the op living players/dead players list? itd just be nicer to look at if dead players were off the living list :)
Donezoes.

Votecount:

Soup (3): Marshy, , Lore, Pythag
FrozenFlame(1): Soup
Lore(2): Ranmaru, ryker

Not Voting(5): Kevinm, Tom, Fandangox, Gorf, FrozenFlame

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is in 36.5 hours from this post.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Gorf and Ryker discussing the whole WIFOM of roleblocking Soup is weirdddd man.

Also page 15 still hate Ran and I’m very surprised at how much Fandingo has disappeared...

Fandangox

Smash Lord
This will sound like a copout but nobody has really grabbed onto anything I've said therefore most of my thoughts haven't changed. Perhaps people want me to assess the game in fashion Gorf did where he becomes one with brahma, but I'm leaving it as is. I think Frozen should become a topic to discuss, I'm hoping Kevin's flip opens up that vacuum of null pervading You/Kevin/Ryker in a meaningful way. I'm still not jazzed about Pythag. I'm unsure about Fanny but feel like he's either killed or solved later in the game. Ran's got my back which is cool. Gorf going overdrive for some reason.

Sidenote: Tom's metamorphosis awhile back was really clean. I liked it.
Why don't you help make it a topic of conversation then? You are still alive, so why not expand on FF?

Answer the questions in my #1,450

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Oof Marshy slot does not look good if Soup flips town and I hate that. Actually like Fandingo line of reasoning on Page 17.... still hate Ryker

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
More or less, I could go for Lore if town wants that too, but Soup is my priority, Mostly not voting cause Soup got a lot of votes early on the phase and we still have time to figure things out.
Quick question, since this post is a bit weird.

Right now, we are literally just treading water with Soup. People are asking questions, but so much of this game is just waiting on Soup's flip. It has gotten to the point where Soup himself seems to resign himself to his fate. If we aren't pressuring other slots, we need to just lynch Soup and move on instead of wasting time.

So what is left to figure out, besides plopping a vote down on a competing wagon and applying pressure? What made you decide to go "yeah I'd like to go for Lore as a second option" instead of actually going for me as a second option? I very much dislike this lack of commitment in your post.

You say that "we still have time to figure things out," yet despite having a second strong option on your end, you just give the idea lip service and don't actually try to figure things out. Why did you not drop a vote?

Lore would still stay scum on that flip (and I assume most would scumread him if Soup flips town)
Also curious to hear how my alignment has no relation to Soup's flip, according to you.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Oh cool, Gorf pointed out another direction you're not committing to:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
true. i thought you were approaching this with something concrete later and this was just an immediate response, but if its a matter of uncertainty, i can dig it. im down to square up regarding pythag whenever you are though.
Nvm Fandango, ignore my previous post re: Pythag. I replied too hastily. Uncertainty on Pythag makes sense.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Last post for a bit, don't need to spam too much. I'll take a short break; I don't like to get too personal with details, but my doctor asked me to try a new medication that maaay be causing a burst of energy/mania? I don't get why he didn't want me to wean off the last one despite them being in a similar medicine "family," so I'm going to hop off for a bit (if I can unfocus) and wait for the energy to die down, if it even does.

lore
Lore: Yo ill be real with you: i need to figure out whether youre scum or youre lynchbait. I was less torn yesterDay but man… read my case on you last game. SO much of my case on you last game is cuz I found an easy way in. And it was ****ing good. And some of the things I see here resemble what I saw last game when I reread your slot. I specifically want to get more directly from you moving forward because, like I said, we can solve you.
Yeah that case last game was pretty solid, lol. To be fair I did solidly disagree with it and wanted to pick a lot of it apart as reachy/iffy points, but for whatever reason I didn't want to get my arguments discounted as OMGUS lol. But it certainly convinced people and was a solid case, even with my disagreements.

I'm super paranoid about falling into OMGUS, I used to be the worst at it. 99% of my arguments with Ryker in the past were due to it, looking back. What an awful player I was.

So any questions, anything that can help you figure out my slot? Admittedly I've been a bit too focused on Soup, but so much of the game at this point hinges on his flip.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Quick question, since this post is a bit weird.

Right now, we are literally just treading water with Soup. People are asking questions, but so much of this game is just waiting on Soup's flip. It has gotten to the point where Soup himself seems to resign himself to his fate. If we aren't pressuring other slots, we need to just lynch Soup and move on instead of wasting time.

So what is left to figure out, besides plopping a vote down on a competing wagon and applying pressure? What made you decide to go "yeah I'd like to go for Lore as a second option" instead of actually going for me as a second option? I very much dislike this lack of commitment in your post.

You say that "we still have time to figure things out," yet despite having a second strong option on your end, you just give the idea lip service and don't actually try to figure things out. Why did you not drop a vote?

Also curious to hear how my alignment has no relation to Soup's flip, according to you.
I mean why not? If we all voted soup right away we would have wasted a phase, we still have till tomorrow, look at Kevin now coming to the thread.

"What's left to figure out" Soup wants FF, and I asked him to expand on it. Tom, Gorf and FF still have yet to put votes down (and in FF case to actually post something on this phase) so its obvious people are still coming into the dayphase and want to discuss things, look at Tom for example.

Why would I go for you as a second option when Soup is my priority? I'd say I could go for you if that's the direction town decides to take for whatever reason, because Im still scumreading you.

Your alignment has "no relation" in that if Soup flips Town, you are still then my biggest scumread after him, and if he flips Scum I don't think that entirely clears you. Like Gorf thinks you may be town if Soup flips scum, but I disagree. Your play has been centered on Soup, maybe not unlike me all game, or Ryker this phase, but you specifically interacted mostly only with Soup and haven't tried to get too much info out of others till recently, and you were pretty aggressive towards Soup, could be distancing and your slot is still worth a look regardless of what he flips.

Top Bottom