• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's your most nostalgic fighter/newcomer request?

1.21 Jiggawatts

Smash Cadet
Marx from Kirby
I know he is already a boss and I am ok with that, but being a playable character would be awesome

GhostM

Phantom
Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, mainly because he's one of my favorite old school characters from the NES era.

Crescentium

Smash Cadet
Swampert (or hell, any non starter Pokemon that rarely gets any spotlight). Kinda sucks that gen 3 doesn't have a Smash rep. To rub salt in the wound, Sceptile and Blaziken are in Pokken, but Swampert gets jack ****.

Chibi-Robo would be super dope too. Loved that game as a kid with it's quirky sound effects.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Crash Bandicoot without a doubt
Those games were the reason I wanted a Playstation. To me he was part of the tri-rivalry that was Mario, Sonic, and Crash.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I'd take Crono any day. Chrono Trigger is basically the 'nostalgia' RPG for anyone born around/before the SNES/PS1 era.

I don't care if:
  • You think he'd be "just another swordfighter"
  • You think Robin already fills the role of spellsword
  • You think his design is dated
  • You think he isn't relevant enough to be included
I would **** my pants if he was announced. But we live in the darkest timeline, where Square hates the Chrono series and is super stingy with their IP.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Since NSMB Wii was one of my first absolute favorites, I'd be pretty happy with either Blue/Yellow toad in the game. I don't really see how they can be considered generic enemies anymore (also considering we have a piranha plant in this game).

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Back in the day it was SquareSoft and Enix Corporation. Square brought FF and Enix brought Dragon Quest into existence.

Square made a crappy FF movie and were in deep doodoo money wise. They soon merged into Enix and that company became the powerhouse you know today.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Mine would be

Mike Jones (StarTropics)
Crono, and Doomguy.

I guess Metal Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles could fit in the nostalgic category for me. Especially Metal because he’s the one that has undergone the least changes when transcending to the Uekawa designs (same palette, same eyes, pretty much almost exactly of his classic design).

But gotta give credit, I got:
:ultcloud::ultmegaman::ultpokemontrainer::ultsonic::ultryu::ultken::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultsimon::ultpit:

So I can’t really complain as far as nostalgia goes... but my most nostalgic one remains Mike Jones.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I didn't take part in online newcomer discussions until Smash 4. My most wanted new character was Palutena (wanted her since Brawl), who was leaked. The leak was questionable looking at best; it was an elaborate fake, if I recall correctly. Anyway, Palutena was officially confirmed during E3/the Smash 4 Invitational. I attended both events that year, and in order to get good seats at the Invitational, I cosplayed as a Nintendo character. Said character was none other than Palutena. The timing was perfect. The hype was unbelievable. I still remember some person yelling "She's right there!" when her reveal trailer came out while we were all standing in line. People took pictures and whatnot. I remember a woman there who dressed up as Pit; her costume was pretty cool. Aside from the weather (I was uncomfortable as heck standing in the hot sun for so long), it's always fun to reminisce about that day.

But if we're solely talking about childhood memory type of nostalgia, then I'm a sucker for Team Rocket.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Before the days where I went deep into character speculation, my most wanted were Bomberman, Waluigi, and Drybones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee, I wanted him to be in a smash bros game since return to dream land was first released

Top Bottom