• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

whos the best toon link

Shears

Smash Master
whose the best toon link?

it would be nice if you could provide video links along with answers. ive got a friend whose a mad good toon link and i want to see how he compares to other toon links out there.

Shears

Smash Master
Chip and Santi. Chip's the only one who's been winning tournaments with Toon Link, but I won't deny that Santi is incredibly skilled.
any vids of chip? because i wasnt too impressed with santi. hes real good but not outstanding.

i was only able to find one relatively recent vid of chip

AvantGarde

Smash Cadet
any vids of chip? because i wasnt too impressed with santi. hes real good but not outstanding.

i was only able to find one relatively recent vid of chip
where did you find it? I searched youtube but they were all months old

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
Chip is the best TL, hands down. Ill try asking him if he can upload the vid from the last tourney he won.

Shears

Smash Master
where did you find it? I searched youtube but they were all months old
yah thats why i said "relatively". late april. not that recent but should depict basic skills. thats why i asked if there were any other vids because you cant base judgement from 3 months ago on a game thats only been out for 5.

Rito

Smash Rookie
Santi IMO is probably the best. Here is his combo video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5KmxNpybHI0
That really is not that difficult, if that amazes you, you do not really know how to play.

And do not begin your halfwitted attempts at insulting me due to my obvious lack of talent due to my noob status, but I ask at least that you spell your words fully

~Resident genius~
Michael

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
That really is not that difficult, if that amazes you, you do not really know how to play.

And do not begin your halfwitted attempts at insulting me due to my obvious lack of talent due to my noob status, but I ask at least that you spell your words fully

~Resident genius~
Michael
I agree, but there is no need to be insulting. Lets keep this nice and friendly ^_^.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Fizz is pretty good from what I've seen, and I saw chip play at the last tourney I went too, and yeah he is pretty good. I wouldn't say the best T Link player out there, but then again I don't have much tourney experience... can't say...

kkkoala

Smash Cadet

~Resident genius~
Michael
i agree and disagree wit u

i agree on teh fact that santis combo vid shouldnt astound people, though its yeah a decentish combo vid

i disagree that... this is teg interweb, who fricken compltetely spells stuff on its? u kno wut he said, right? thats all that mattors.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Sure Rito that vid isnt amazing but it's not right to flat out be rude like that. If your so awesome back up those smug words with showing off some of your tournament match videos.

So who is the best TL? I wouldent mind fighting them to a ufc cage match >:D

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
well if i do well at the tournament tomorrow and get any vids uploaded, i'll start a thread on my style of toon link finally.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman

~Resident genius~
Michael
Ok man, all I did was give my opinion. And in case you don't know what IMO stands for, it means "in my opinion". So I think Santi is the best, but in no way does that mean he is the best. Whether you agree or disagree I really couldn't care less.

Although I must challenge your first sentence. I am amazed that you think almost any Toon Link player could pull off all those combos. Please, if you think a 2 month old compilation of even older footage is really not that difficult, show us some Toon Link videos that prove your point.

And rest assured, I won't sink to your level by insulting people over the internet you don't even know, on a site you've never previously posted on. Because that really would be "halfwitted".

~Resident Noob~
Vanderzant

Shears

Smash Master
Ok man, all I did was give my opinion. And in case you don't know what IMO stands for, it means "in my opinion". So I think Santi is the best, but in no way does that mean he is the best. Whether you agree or disagree I really couldn't care less.

Although I must challenge your first sentence. I am amazed that you think almost any Toon Link player could pull off all those combos. Please, if you think a 2 month old compilation of even older footage is really not that difficult, show us some Toon Link videos that prove your point.

And rest assured, I won't sink to your level by insulting people over the internet you don't even know, on a site you've never previously posted on. Because that really would be "halfwitted".

~Resident Noob~
Vanderzant
idk but maybe you guys took him too harshly but idk maybe he was trying to be a doushce. anyway, the things he does and the combos he has are things any melee link player would carry over and figure out in the first week of playing toon link. now his consistency of pulling off the combos proves hes been using toon link for quite some time and has reached the "good" status, but still i dont see him as great, and IMO, i know someone alot better than santi, unfortunately there are no vids of him...yet.

and thats why i started this thread.

o and rest assured, internet arguements and insults are the very basis of developing a compassionate forum community. forums were made for people to globally express their ideas and hear (and dispute) the ideas of others. "IMO" is only stating that i have a belief that may not be true and if anyone disagrees they will know whos opinion theyre disagreeing with...mine. so i fully endorse ritos insults and disagreements, and neglect yours. secondly, because you dont know the person youre insulting and arguing with, you wont have to morally withdraw from disagreement because the loss of friendship or uncomfortable confrontation that could arise isnt a factor. if i could virtually punch you in the face and cause a damaging consequence to you, i would, not because i dont like you, but because i wouldnt care how it would make you feel because i dont know you. so youre not sinking to his level, youre actually submitting yourself to being a sissy because you couldnt make the insults or defense that could mentally impact him. how does that stand with your ego?

and dont give me some, "im not fighting back because i dont care and dont want to take the time" crap, or "im too cool to argue with losers like you" because i know youre not getting girls seeing as 90% of the kids on this site are either 12-18 years old and nerds; either too young or too dorky to get chicks. seeing as i am one of those 10% your odds arent very good. because your sensative and emotional to internet conversation, i can make the judgement that you probably dont handle insults in person very well, meaning you have an ego problem or youre sick of getting made fun of all the time. either way...youre a loser. *i dont make this point because i geniunely believe its applicable to you, but so you cant use these pathetic excuses to avoid an egotistical failure. so when you read this in the morning before you wack off, you wont give me any of that crap*

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
bro that just isnt cool...but I do agree with the meat of your arguement about fighting back and what not, but that was his way of dealing with it and at the end could be rather extreem.

You did put down who do you think is the best link and wanted comparison videos and then shoot down someone who responded to that.

also now that your building this guy mystery guy up I really want to see his videos and dose he play online? even I could record it. I have a pretty good toon link and kept up on his new techs but even I still play a near melee link. So if this guy has found the true braw Tlink I want to see. and maybe is this mystery guy rito?

Shears

Smash Master
bro that just isnt cool...but I do agree with the meat of your arguement about fighting back and what not, but that was his way of dealing with it and at the end could be rather extreem.

You did put down who do you think is the best link and wanted comparison videos and then shoot down someone who responded to that.

also now that your building this guy mystery guy up I really want to see his videos and dose he play online? even I could record it. I have a pretty good toon link and kept up on his new techs but even I still play a near melee link. So if this guy has found the true braw Tlink I want to see. and maybe is this mystery guy rito?
he doesnt play online to what i know of and theres no videos recorded of him yet because if we had some we couldve uploaded them. im not revealing his secrets but hes got some techniques that i havent seen any other toon link use. no its not rito.

i didnt shoot him down for answering my question, but for taking offense to someones disagreement and telling him that hes rude (thank you for your contribution). rito makes a harsh disagreement and everyones flaming him for not being a peace loving internet hippie. who cares if the kid insults you, what im saying is insult him back dont think youre higher class because you wont sink to his level and harass. i mean maybe i was a little extreme in my insults. is any of what i said true about vanderzant? who knows, its the internet dont take it too seriously. and remember, this is your chance to anonymously be a douchebag without consequences, if i cant do it at home or on the job ive always got the internet to rant about the pathetic absurdities of peoples feelings and reactions to strangers. everyone needs an antagonist.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
This type of thread needs to be locked and prevented, its obviously full of fail. And is in no way a novel concept on these boards... best = major tourney results where other known good players are in attendance.

Seeing as this game hasnt seen too many of those, especially where a TL has been effective enough to generate any buzz, there is no need for something like this which will only result in subjective opinions based on random vids and/or matches.

Coselm

Smash Ace
Every Toon Lin kI have seen videos of is just like okay. I'm talking about santi, quivo, twist, etc. etc. Lke I'm never impressed by other Toon Links but idk. I never go to tournaments so idk how I stack up against people. Either way I live in south florida and we have some of the best smashers

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Meh...

All I have to say is...if your friend is as good as you say, he'd better go to a tournament and start showing us his stuff with Toon Link. If he wins consistently, then we can believe what you say. But for now....hype really sucks.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
You CANNOT tell if a player is "good player" who plays Brawl from combo videos. You can, however, tell if he's skilled.

A football coach is not going to watch a video of highlights of the teams he's going against to develop some strategies. He's going to watch large segments of matches to get into the mind and note the skills of the opposing team.

You have to be able to see the skill level and the mindset of the player and his opponent in order to determine if they are a good Brawler. That is why watching matches is better than watching combo vids when you're trying to analyze a player.

No doubt all the victims of the combo vid could possibly be truly great players, but all the combo vid shows is them being victims of bad guesses or even poor judgment. Not good evidence for proving your point. IMO. :)

Right now you guys be more concerned with putting TL on the map instead of wondering who is the best TL is. The real deal is the best TL isn't all of a big deal right now because there are many characters doing better than him in tournaments. Most competitive smashers would be more concerned with who is the best Snake and MK showing up at their tournament. Not TL.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
he doesnt play online to what i know of and theres no videos recorded of him yet because if we had some we couldve uploaded them. im not revealing his secrets but hes got some techniques that i havent seen any other toon link use. no its not rito.

i didnt shoot him down for answering my question, but for taking offense to someones disagreement and telling him that hes rude (thank you for your contribution). rito makes a harsh disagreement and everyones flaming him for not being a peace loving internet hippie. who cares if the kid insults you, what im saying is insult him back dont think youre higher class because you wont sink to his level and harass. i mean maybe i was a little extreme in my insults. is any of what i said true about vanderzant? who knows, its the internet dont take it too seriously. and remember, this is your chance to anonymously be a douchebag without consequences, if i cant do it at home or on the job ive always got the internet to rant about the pathetic absurdities of peoples feelings and reactions to strangers. everyone needs an antagonist.

yeah you do have a good point :\ well then Ill be looking forward to some of his vids sometime.

and puttin link on the map...wouldent that be best surprise for MLG? to bad most of the mlg vids Ive seen include tlink SD from a Dair...

which reminds me azens Tlink is pretty good and his play style is almost beastly with everyone else.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Yeah this thread is very pointless, and I am only posting in it because I feel the need to defend my dignity XD.

Shears/Rito/anyone who thinks I took offense to what you said, I didn't. This is the internet. Anybody who loses sleep or gets angry over words written by someone you don't even know is a moron. Anybody who thinks they can offend someone over the internet is also a moron. Understand I'm not a moron.

and dont give me some, "im not fighting back because i dont care and dont want to take the time" crap, or "im too cool to argue with losers like you" because i know youre not getting girls seeing as 90% of the kids on this site are either 12-18 years old and nerds; either too young or too dorky to get chicks. seeing as i am one of those 10% your odds arent very good. because your sensative and emotional to internet conversation, i can make the judgement that you probably dont handle insults in person very well, meaning you have an ego problem or youre sick of getting made fun of all the time. either way...youre a loser. *i dont make this point because i geniunely believe its applicable to you, but so you cant use these pathetic excuses to avoid an egotistical failure. so when you read this in the morning before you wack off, you wont give me any of that crap*
I really can't understand if this is supposed to insult me/make me cry/enlighten me/make me hate you/start a flame war so if it is important or if there is something you need to tell me, pm me ok? Don't spam the forums.

I'll make one last point and I promise I won't spam your thread with my opinions again. I suggest you read my first post again. All I said was "Santi IMO is the best". I posted his combo video because I didn't want to waste time searching youtube for tournament matches (they are harder to find). It was already said, but combo videos obviously don't show the skill of a player (just kills and combos).

Nobody else here has posted any videos of good TL's. I could of just said "Santi is the best IMO" and left it at that. Then maybe this would have all been avoided. But you asked for a video so I posted one. I don't think Santi is the best because of that combo video, because like you said, (or suggested) any decent TL player could do that. He is good because he has placed well in tournament(s). I have also seen matches of him playing really well against established smashers. Until you or anyone else gives videos that prove otherwise, I'm sticking with my opinion.

Next time, prove me wrong instead of trying to teach me a lesson or flame me (or if you must insult me, pm me instead). Oh and one last thing.

"Opinions and intelligent discussions are the very basis of developing a compassionate forum community"

Fix'd

Shears

Smash Master
Yeah this thread is very pointless, and I am only posting in it because I feel the need to defend my dignity XD.

Shears/Rito/anyone who thinks I took offense to what you said, I didn't. This is the internet. Anybody who loses sleep or gets angry over words written by someone you don't even know is a moron. Anybody who thinks they can offend someone over the internet is also a moron. Understand I'm not a moron.

I really can't understand if this is supposed to insult me/make me cry/enlighten me/make me hate you/start a flame war so if it is important or if there is something you need to tell me, pm me ok? Don't spam the forums.

I'll make one last point and I promise I won't spam your thread with my opinions again. I suggest you read my first post again. All I said was "Santi IMO is the best". I posted his combo video because I didn't want to waste time searching youtube for tournament matches (they are harder to find). It was already said, but combo videos obviously don't show the skill of a player (just kills and combos).

Nobody else here has posted any videos of good TL's. I could of just said "Santi is the best IMO" and left it at that. Then maybe this would have all been avoided. But you asked for a video so I posted one. I don't think Santi is the best because of that combo video, because like you said, (or suggested) any decent TL player could do that. He is good because he has placed well in tournament(s). I have also seen matches of him playing really well against established smashers. Until you or anyone else gives videos that prove otherwise, I'm sticking with my opinion.

Next time, prove me wrong instead of trying to teach me a lesson or flame me (or if you must insult me, pm me instead). Oh and one last thing.

"Opinions and intelligent discussions are the very basis of developing a compassionate forum community"

Fix'd
i liked this.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Every Toon Lin kI have seen videos of is just like okay. I'm talking about santi, quivo, twist, etc. etc. Lke I'm never impressed by other Toon Links but idk. I never go to tournaments so idk how I stack up against people. Either way I live in south florida and we have some of the best smashers
Don't expect friendly or online matches to be good.

stupidvince

Smash Cadet
i can almost say that i play a great toon link. some of the things i like to do best are shoot an arrow and run in for the hyphen smash, or when i'm facing a larger character, such as King DDD, i will; 1st jump>d-air-second hit (because when ever you do this, you will bounce up a little)>second jump>d-air>second hit (AGAIN LOL)>b-air,b-air OR f-air OR n-air OR tornado spin. keep in mind that it must be done at LOW %.

surprisingly enough, this will work like a charm for me most of the time, especially if the opponent doesn't know that there is such thing as air dodging, etc.

i just remembered that this wasn't a 'toon link tips' thread. lol.

Richard7

Smash Ace
I know this thread is old, but i'll post in it anyway.

My bro is **** nuts with Toon Link. Too bad he hasn't made a combo video. He's improved a lot since the video I last posted, but if you want to see more of him, go to youtube and type "PK Brawl Sam" and it should come up with some tournament videos of him.

The most recent tournament matches havn't been uploaded to youtube, so the vids on youtube atm are like 2 or 3 months old.

Top Bottom