• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's going to be a sonic user.

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
If sonic is not below mid tier I will definately main him.
Are you kidding? I hate when people classify characters. All characters are equal. Jigglypuff can kick Ganon's ***, and Ganon can kick Fox's ***. It depends on the player. So don't think that you'll be able to beat people just because some egotistical wannabes think he is better than other characters. Forget tiers. Period. Whether people rate him as tier 1 or tier 5000, I will still beat some a$$ with Sonic.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
Are you kidding? I hate when people classify characters. All characters are equal. Jigglypuff can kick Ganon's ***, and Ganon can kick Fox's ***. It depends on the player. So don't think that you'll be able to beat people just because some egotistical wannabes think he is better than other characters. Forget tiers. Period. Whether people rate him as tier 1 or tier 5000, I will still beat some a$$ with Sonic.
QFT.

who cares about tiers. you don't use a character because of the tier list. ha.
Ultimate fail

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
@The Noob Legend. yeah i agree %100
Gladya do :)

Sonic will probably be decent anyways, according to positive feedback at E for All.
We havn't seen any character at their finest because this was people's first playing experience of these characters.

Sonic might be the most powerful in the game, next to Diddy of course :)

Or maybe a character we havn't seen yet.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Yeah, I agree, choosing your character based on their tier is silly. You should choose a character based on YOU feel about them. In Godzilla: Save the Earth, I was happy as can be when I found out that Spacegodzilla, my all-time favorite Godzilla character, is considered one of the best characters. Well, it turns out that his awesome kill-everything strategy is basically spamming long rang attacks to death, so I didn't have much fun with him nor could I play him that well. But then I played a different character who I could play much better with, and ended up maining him (coincidentally, he also turned out to be a top tier character :laugh:). The point is, sometimes you find that you can acually be better at a game with a "worse" character than a "better" character.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
I WILL NEVER USE SONIC!!!!! EVER!!!! i might consider using him if he was a nintendo character, but he's not!!! he shouldn't even be IN this game!!! SSB games were meant to be nintendo exclusive, that's how they always have been and in my opinion that's how they should have stayed.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
@ xXx_KidIcarus_xXx: SSB is a Nintendo game, and started out with only Nintendo characters, but, why does it need to be Nintendo only? What stops it from involving other characters? Would the game be destroyed because of it? No! In fact, it makes the game better, and that's why they have included Sonic and Snake.

Who cares if SSB was Nintendo only, the SSB series should evolve, and include other characters and make it a game where perhaps every popular game character can be included, but not limited to Nintendo. Sonic and Snake's inclusion has allowed this to happen.

It would be great if eventually, the characters won't be labled a first party, second party or third party character, this shouldn't happen.

I do understand that this is a Nintendo game, but why would that stop you from using someone just because they are not from Nintendo.

I don't understand why I could be bothered to type all that... expesially to an obvious Noob.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
If anything, they should include characters that have appeared on Nintendo consoles. That I agree with, and both Sonic and Snake fits that fact as well.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Almost all of the better videogame characters have appeared on a Nintendo console more or less, as most of them have their games released on all consoles, unless you mean Nintendo only games...

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
everyone is crazed about Sonic in SSBB, just as they were with Snake in SSBB. So Don't spoil it for them. I think its a good thing they're trying and can help nintendos relations with other companies. If you dont like sonic, just don't use him. I won't use him, just because I dont like sonic or snake. :p its not just because they're non-nintendo, because most of all I hate Wario. anyways, back to the point, if you dont want a character to be on brawl, just dont use him.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
everyone is crazed about Sonic in SSBB, just as they were with Snake in SSBB. So Don't spoil it for them. I think its a good thing they're trying and can help nintendos relations with other companies. If you dont like sonic, just don't use him. I won't use him, just because I dont like sonic or snake. :p its not just because they're non-nintendo, because most of all I hate Wario. anyways, back to the point, if you dont want a character to be on brawl, just dont use him.

i was not that hyped. i thought, cool sonic. but people who say "never never you hear me!" are just Nintendo fanboys. i am bot going to use sonic but that is not on principal that is because i have a bond with my yoshi:)

i hate arrogant people like XXX. Nintendo is not perfect. so have an open mind to games. that is why i have a PS3 and a Wii. Sonic will be a good addition to brawl and anybody who wants to tackle my yoshi my friend code is posted.

Now this might be a little off topic. But!
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=130822
my sonic papercraft. it needs a good BUMP. also it is pretty good for all those sonic fans out there. Enjoy

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
sorry...i was only sharing my opinion, as i said, sonic does look pretty good, I shall try and be more open minded in the future :) but it doesn't matter 'cos my luigi would kick your yoshi's butt!! XD I did the Final Destination with my Luigi :) which apparently is quite hard? i don't really know, i only use Luigi, and possibly Marth/Roy

Sukecchi

Smash Cadet
I plan on using Sonic often...maybe not as much as another character...but I plan on getting good with him.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i think his speedy attacks will make him a very tough opponent, but Pit (my future main) could handle it ;) and i also think that he could have been given a better Up B attack...

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
trust me, i would happily battle you too, but i have a slight problem, after buying my wi-fi usb connector, soon after we got a new PC, and the nintendo wi-fi connector is not compatible with Windows Vista... :'( so it won't let me connect, anyone know a way around this?

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
yeah. get XP. lol. vista is horrible. or you buy a wireless router. it is cheaper and you get wireless net ( if you have a plan, that is lol) search round the interweb with your problem. there will be a solution. just then i was trying to find a DS emulator for my mac. i found a guide and compiled the source code. the moral of the story is: you can always find a solution on the net.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
:) thanks Gerudo, i have tried once before, but, after a day of searching i gave up....but i'll start looking again now :) how much are wireless routers?

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i bought my 802.11g router for 99 dollars Australian. the wii only supports 11g. it does not support 11N but that is still in draft stages. so. buy a router and your problems are solved. happy brawling

Yellow Legend

Smash Rookie
Sonic's the first character Im gonna use cuz Im a fanboy. I'm not sure if I'll be maining him though.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Why decide your main now? Sure, I will try him out, but it all depends on my playstyle. Decide who your main is after you play the game. It also depends on who else is in the roster.

JK180

Smash Rookie
sonic's definitely gonna be the first person i'm gonna try out, but nothing's certain

SpiritWolf

Smash Rookie
Sonic will be one of the very first characters I try out. He may not be my main but he will be one of my most frequently used.

Dewd

Smash Rookie
Sonic's the character I want to get good with and he'll be the first character I use unless he's unlockable.

S2

Smash Lord
We'll see.

I absolutely want to try him. But it'll come down to how good he ends up being or how fun he is to play as.

I might keep maining Sheik if she gets back in... but I've been watching both Meta and Snake, so its a tough choice.

Lots of tough choices, but it'll come down to playstyle.

Certain characters who I love just don't do it for me in smash. Like DK and Yoshi. DK just isn't close enough to his DKC roots in how he plays and Yoshi just plain is flawed (why is it that the character with the greatest recovery in his own games, has the most gimped recovery in all of Smash? What sense is there in that?)

Hotztuph

Smash Cadet
Sonic's definitly the character for me
i've always had the need for speed and sonic delivers!
and he has blue hair!!!
awesome!!

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
We'll see.
Certain characters who I love just don't do it for me in smash. Like DK and Yoshi. DK just isn't close enough to his DKC roots in how he plays and Yoshi just plain is flawed (why is it that the character with the greatest recovery in his own games, has the most gimped recovery in all of Smash? What sense is there in that?)
well yoshi has an actual up-b now
so that's fixed up
but i guess since you cant dodge in directions anymore
for a survival technique, he'll have to have one
i like DK too
.. i try to play with him
but i just cant

i heard sonic was awkward to play with?
but i'm definitly goin to be him as many times as any other character

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Sonic is kinda weird to play as, but you get use to it. Its just cause hes like No other Character. Fast like Falcon but kinda slippy like Luigi (but not as much).
It was pretty sun though, and his Final Smash take a lil while to get use to. 2nd or 3rd try and you should have it down.

Top Bottom