• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's going to be a sonic user.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Sonic will definitely be my main. Assuming he has to be unlocked, I'll most likely use Pit until I get him. After that though, it's all Sonic.

hamsterboy9

Smash Rookie
My story:
So, as the updates were being put up on the Dojo, I always told my friends 'Not IF Sonic makes it; WHEN Sonic makes it...' So Sonic has always been numero uno in my book. I will definitely main him, even if he doesn't suit my character preferences. If he doesn't, then I'll keep practicing until I HAVE mastered him.

Sonic user 'til the day I die!

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Since I main Falco and Captaion Falcon ( along with others ) in Melee, Sonic looks like a good choice.

I like him a lot, too.

Though I strongly prefer Knuckles.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Sonic is a fun character to play with. All his moves are pretty plain. But he is fast and strong and has the biggest fanbase out of all the characters out there.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
i will main ike any serious sonic main who will play competitivly exchange Wii friend codes for the future

woah42

Smash Cadet
Not to be a downer or anything, Sonic is awesome, but he might be so overused that people might get bored with him, and try to play someone unique.

SonicMario

Smash Master
^^^
Yeah, Only the true Sonic fans will continue with him.:cool:

And no matter what, it's gonna be Sonic unless I get really bored and want to play as someone else. But Sonic is going to be used a lot from me. Even if he's hard to control, I will set my goals to start practicing with him. I'm sure the change from 64 to Melee won't be too different from Melee to Brawl even with faster characters

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Everytime I get the chance to pick Sonic in SSE, I'll play as him. SSE = epic side scrolling.

Sonic+ epic side scrolling = win. I'm not sure if that would count as a main in any sense but it works.

Dunno about the other game modes, he'll probably just be a character I'd team up with as Mario.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Mario is gunna be < Sonic.
Speed Wins. But I still Love playing as Mario, Doc was my main in Melee. Like REALLY good Main. So Im still gunna kick it with my Mario alot, but Sonic just comes out on top. He is so much fun to control in those couple 2 min matches but I cant wait to actually get time to master him.

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
The fact that you like fast characters does not mean that you will be good with Sonic. I love fast characters and my mains in melee were Falco and Cpt. Falcon, but I couldn't use Fox for my life--and he was the second fastest. So my point is that Sonic will be VERY different. Mastering him will take a lot of time and effort. As a matter of fact, the only way to truly master him is by playing with him/maining him as soon as you pick up the game. I know I'm gonna use him, and no one else, for at least a week when I unlock him.

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to definitely try out Sonic when I choose who I want to beat. I'll be whoever best suits me after I try them all.

ssonic22

Smash Rookie
Yeah I will main him he is my fave character and he has BIG combo and KO potential, my second will b Kirby/MetaKnight ...BTW where can I get a "Sonic user" icon???

JK180

Smash Rookie
sonic's definitely gonna be the first person i try, but i'm gonna have to try everyone else too. nothing's for sure at this point

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
I'm most definately going to be a Sonic user. Sonic's slick and he'll probably be my first combatant to play as. Can't wait!

SonicMario

Smash Master
I can't wait for Sonic because he will be finally be able to prove himself in a world where his games has declined over the years. Proving he still has the momentum that the classic games have given him, what makes it more symbolic. Is that he will probably be the only Sonic character playable. Just like back in 1991, when it was only him and the evil forces in front of him. Also, he will get the chance to put his White gloved fist right into Mario's fat plumber belly for the 1st time. But of course teaming up with Mario will be just as, if not more awesome.

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
I can't wait for Sonic because he will be finally be able to prove himself in a world where his games has declined over the years. Proving he still has the momentum that the classic games have given him, what makes it more symbolic. Is that he will probably be the only Sonic character playable. Just like back in 1991, when it was only him and the evil forces in front of him. Also, he will get the chance to put his White gloved fist right into Mario's fat plumber belly for the 1st time. But of course teaming up with Mario will be just as, if not more awesome.
Nicely said, I completely agree. I can remember now playing Sonic 1, 2, 3, 3D Blast, S&N, Sonic Spinball...and the rest. I loved (and still do love) Sonic. I think it's time for Sonic to show Nintendo characters (especially Mario) why he's a legend and why he and the plumber have been battling out across there respective systems.

redphoenix526

Smash Apprentice
The skies above and the shelter (dorm) at Indiana
Nicely said, I completely agree. I can remember now playing Sonic 1, 2, 3, 3D Blast, S&N, Sonic Spinball...and the rest. I loved (and still do love) Sonic. I think it's time for Sonic to show Nintendo characters (especially Mario) why he's a legend and why he and the plumber have been battling out across there respective systems.
It's not time; it's LONG overdue. Try about six years and a couple months overdue.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
During my early years as a child, the first character I laid eyes on was Sonic. Since then I stuck with Sonic ever since. Even in Sonic The Fighters (He's low tier in that game I heard but not the worst) and Sonic Battle I mained Sonic. This game will be no different, I will take up Sonic like I always have. Even if a 1000 players abuse him online, I will take him up and help the upcoming competitive scene when I get the game. I'm making it my business to at least become one of the most feared Sonic players in this community in the future. :laugh:

kad15

Smash Cadet
sonic is gonna be awesome but im not gonna main him
that honor goes to meta knight

sonic130

Smash Cadet
Why decide your main if the game isn't even out?
Oh, well... yeah, I shouldn't say I'll main metaknight yet, but what I mean is that he's the one I'll try first and probably like the most. But, I guess I won't know until I play the game. Only 1 month and 2 days from this day... can't wait :)

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Im torn...
GameStop is having a Midnight Release of Brawl...And i reserved it there and have already put all money down so thats where I'm picking up. Now my two friends and I camped out for the Wii last year and got one of the release models and even though we dont have to, we want to camp out for Brawl. For reasons of; it was fun last year, we want to do it again and to add to the Brawl experience.

But heres my problem...Ill have the game at 12:00am Feb 10th...but I wont be able to play it till I get home in the morning, do I get Brawl and high-tail it back home to play or do I stay up with my friends??? Crap!

I WANNA PLAY AS SONIC AGAIN SO BAD!!!

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I try sonic if i like him i'll use him i know i want to use him but if i dont like how he play than i wont use him.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
I had Sonic as a favourite even before he was anounced! He is the coolest ever... I have the original Sega Mega Drive, I have Sonic the hedgehog and Sonic 2, I have converted versions at my gamecube of the old games and the adventure games... The old games are best, I must admit... Sonic is best in 2d... that's what makes him so cool to have in a game like super smash bros... since there he is in 2d... this makes him be in he's best... anyway... I have some of the comic books to... and I did buy "Sonic the hedgehog - the complete series" and "Adventures of Sonic the hedgehog". I remember those series from my childhood.. it's so cool to watch it again... seeing Sonic find he's uncle Chuck... and he's dog...

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Im torn...
GameStop is having a Midnight Release of Brawl...And i reserved it there and have already put all money down so thats where I'm picking up. Now my two friends and I camped out for the Wii last year and got one of the release models and even though we dont have to, we want to camp out for Brawl. For reasons of; it was fun last year, we want to do it again and to add to the Brawl experience.

But heres my problem...Ill have the game at 12:00am Feb 10th...but I wont be able to play it till I get home in the morning, do I get Brawl and high-tail it back home to play or do I stay up with my friends??? Crap!

I WANNA PLAY AS SONIC AGAIN SO BAD!!!
Wait..I don't get it. After picking up the game at the midnight release, what would you be doing instead of taking it home and playing with friends?

KeasbeyNite

Smash Rookie
He's an interesting character, and I may consider making him one of my secondaries, if his speed isn't too hard to control; gotten too used to playing with slower characters(Ice Climbers, Jiggs, and Bowser) But i do have some experience with falco. I'll basically try him out and see how it goes. I'll definatly be maining with Diddy though.

Top Bottom