• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's going to be a sonic user.

Xerck Xon Skyes

Smash Cadet
As a user of the slower/bigger characters (mainly), I'll probably try him out, use him for fun, etc. I doubt that I wil main him though.

Dr.Z

Smash Cadet
Probably the only reason why I wouldn't main him is every other post before and after this one, which is the majority saying they would or quite possibly will main him. MK for best tier :p

SonicMario

Smash Master
It is not Super smash Bros. without him.

And I can see his moveset being only similar with the Green fire. Everything else is:

B: Fire
B> or <: Green Missile
Bv: Polturgust (Brings character closer for combos)

HaXer

Smash Cadet
Sonic

I think Sonic isn't good. Well I like fast char, but he don,t seem kind of fast. He just got boring moves. These move are like kind of unfair Some of noob maybe flood the whatever roll thing.
Well, Lets see then.

Oh don't spam. Just for that someone say something about idk nothing.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I think Sonic isn't good. Well I like fast char, but he don,t seem kind of fast. He just got boring moves. These move are like kind of unfair Some of noob maybe flood the whatever roll thing.
Well, Lets see then.

First off he doesnt have boring moves. He has SONIC moves. If you've ever played a Sonic game you would know that he spins ... A LOT. Second, I don't see how someone can repeatedly use his spin dash without getting caught. Thats why he has the charge. Without it, the spin dash will become much less usefull.

buddy9246

Smash Ace
Next to the circle shaped square on the far side o
Well, Lets see then.

Fox didn't have good B moves in Melee... he had a blaster, a reflector (^.^), firefox, and fox illusion, but his combos and his smash attacks were good. Maybe sonics smash attacks will turn out to be combo fest as well

*click my sig!!!*

Mr Sonicspeed

Smash Cadet
First off he doesnt have boring moves. He has SONIC moves. If you've ever played a Sonic game you would know that he spins ... A LOT. Second, I don't see how someone can repeatedly use his spin dash without getting caught. Thats why he has the charge. Without it, the spin dash will become much less usefull.
yea sonic has his spindash but I think Sakurai diden't really care what moves sonic used it's way more stuff sonic can do for his B moves than just roll...

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
I'm gonna be playing as Sonic most of the time

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm definitely up to becoming a Sonic user. :)

I love his moves (a bit disappointed on the lack of variety... (side spin dash was a wasted move if you ask me)) but Shadow's AIM attack from Sonic Battle is THERE!! I love his kicks. Now Fox users can start shaking! (no offense, Fox users ;) )

... I'm actually fearing Metaknight now. O_o

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
Fox didn't have good B moves in Melee... he had a blaster, a reflector (^.^), firefox, and fox illusion, but his combos and his smash attacks were good. Maybe sonics smash attacks will turn out to be combo fest as well

*click my sig!!!*
??? Reflector (aka shine) is the arguably the best move in the game since it comes out in one frame, can spike, and can allow for fox to waveshine.

But you are right that for most characters its their a-moves as well as their properties (speed, weight, etc) that matter.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
im going to try him and if i like his gameplay i would make him my 2nd main
pikachu always comes first even if he is omega nerfed(hopefully hes not) :)

Cless

Smash Champion
I think the real question is, who's going to main Sonic and stick with it? Everyone and their mother will probably try to main or secondary Sonic when Brawl comes out.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'll be constantly trying to main him. Just like I'm doing with Mario in Melee now... But I still can't get Mario to surpass my Peach...

So I'll be constantly struggling to make Sonic my main, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be my best.. :(

But I'm preparing myself for Sonic by using Captain Falcon in Smash Bros 64 a lot. (I heard Sonic feels a lot like Falcon, except less mobilty, so I remembered him having less aerial mobility in the original Smash Bros)

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
same here im gonna try all out but i have been Link all this time if he cant beat my Link the e will be a secondary for sure

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Although I normally play as every character once in a while, Sonic is going to be one of the chars that'll get a little extra chance of being chosen from me.(Together with Mario, Link, Samus, and Captain Falcon)

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Sonic will be one of my main characters in brawl, but i'll still use the other characters as well.
1st - Get good with sonic, fox and snake

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
ill use him everyonce n a while but i will most likely cycle between usin fox/dk/wario/and diddy

Top Bottom