• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

Shog

Smash Ace
Rosalina dies to a Galoomba in Super Mario 3D World, dafuq are you all talking about

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Samus defeat enemies far more powerful than Mewtwo in the Metroid series. It truly doesn't compare to her.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mewtwo is the most powerful pokemon, in the league with gods

Samus has killed larger enemies, but I'm sure Mewtwo could take them too

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm sure Mewtwo could just stop DK's heart with his mind

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
More than likely Mewtwo could stop DK with his telekinetic powers.
I'm sure Mewtwo could just stop DK's heart with his mind
The last time a physic tried to do anything to DK and Diddy they didn't even flinch. Even though Wario hasn't encountered a physic yet I bet it would be the same.

AND magic of any kind is not STRENGTH it's POWER!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The last time a physic tried to do anything to DK and Diddy they didn't even flinch. Even though Wario hasn't encountered a physic yet I bet it would be the same.

AND magic of any kind is not STRENGTH it's POWER!
There is a difference between hypnosis and psycho kinetic attacks

Sure DK is too stupid to be controlled

But being too stupid doesn't stop Psycho Kinetic attacks.

Since that's altering matter with your own mind power

Last edited:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
i think mewtwo would win overall. He doesnt even NEED to fight you technically, he'll just warp a mountain over your head. Sonic could outrun it but then he just telekinesis' him into a lake or something and hold him until the bitter neverending "YOURE OUT OF BREATH!" noise finally shuts up.

iirc the psychic attacks on DK/Diddy were attempting to control them, or something along those lines. Thats entirely different from simply using telekinesis to close your aorta or squish your brains.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It's been a while since I've been here. Seems it'll be that way for a bit.

Mewtwo is the most powerful pokemon, in the league with gods

Samus has killed larger enemies, but I'm sure Mewtwo could take them too
Mewtwo is not on par with the Poké gods. He is the strongest, genetically-engineered Pokémon, but Samus has dealt with genetically-engineered space pirates, especially the most powerful Omega Pirate. I've gone through Mewtwo's abilities within the 40+ pages. None of his abilities did not appear at all effective to take down Samus. Mewtwo will stop Samus' heart? Mewtwo will boil Samus' blood? He's never demonstrated these abilities before, nor has it been shown to be his character, either.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo is technically stronger then the "God Pokemon" that created the entire universe in that realm- in terms of overall stats. Mewtwo's X Forme can easily OHKO Arceus with a simple Low Kick. If Mewtwo can best a "Universal Creator" with ease- I think its a safe bet that he can easily take out anyone in the game. In fact, he can even change to different formes to take out different fighters.
Rosalina would be, however, the most worthy opponent.

Last edited:

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
This thread is about strongest not powerful. :4wario2: and :4dk: are probably the top 2 when it comes to raw strength. But the gods and god-like characters use weapons, magic (which includes physic and telekinetic powers), and minions rather than throw punches, kicks, and bounce on their opponents.

Not to certain, she has only been proven to be at classic Mario's level right now.
Going back to the Rob not having that much strength I think there were giant out of service Robs in the subspace embassy. Besides that if we were looking away from who is the strongest in game I think the strongest character out of game is in fact Rob. I think he is one of the most produced Nintendo licensed robot that could lift spinning gyros and pucks. He also had the strength to knock over a stack of pucks
To this day we've never see anyone but R.O.B lift gyros and pucks. :cool:

Mewtwo's X Forme can easily OHKO Arceus with a simple Low Kick.
Imagine how Arcues would react to Wario kicking him in the face. :idea:

So we're going to need to end this thread since we got STRONGEST but not POWERFUL. My bet is that the POW block :pow: since its name has POW in it. :shyguy::luigi::mario:

Last edited:

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
Story implies Rosalina needs help taking down Bowser. Ergo, Rosalina can't take down Bowser.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Mewtwo is technically stronger then the "God Pokemon" that created the entire universe in that realm- in terms of overall stats. Mewtwo's X Forme can easily OHKO Arceus with a simple Low Kick. If Mewtwo can best a "Universal Creator" with ease- I think its a safe bet that he can easily take out anyone in the game. In fact, he can even change to different formes to take out different fighters.
Stats are dubious, as they contradict the Pokédex. So I'm going to disregard that, especially with "a simple Low Kick".

plumpythepanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
plumpythepanda
3DS FC
3325-1502-8082
I would have to say that Mewtwo is probably the strongest pokemon (Canonically) especially with their new mega forms.
"We dreamed of creating the world's strongest pokemon... And we succeeded"

And I'm pretty sure the games are canon. The anime is gets a bit off sometimes.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
@Dryn

This cut scene is a good over all explanation of what the Monado is, but don't pay any attention to the window dressing. A lot of plot twists happen in the latter half of the game that explain exactly what is happening here. (Xenoblade spoiler below and all that.)

How the Monado deals with mind readers, just like this cut scene. This is VERY early in the game, as well. Pretty sure I posted this before at some point.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I would have to say that Mewtwo is probably the strongest pokemon (Canonically) especially with their new mega forms.
"We dreamed of creating the world's strongest pokemon... And we succeeded"

And I'm pretty sure the games are canon. The anime is gets a bit off sometimes.
The games are canon, but considering how there are more powerful Pokémon than Mewtwo, the only truth is that Mewtwo is the strongest genetically-engineered Pokémon. And stats conflict with the Pokédex. I'm not saying this makes it true, but a lot of people disregard the Pokédex for the simple fact that it contradicts what we observe in the series.

@Dryn

This cut scene is a good over all explanation of what the Monado is, but don't pay any attention to the window dressing. A lot of plot twists happen in the latter half of the game that explain exactly what is happening here. (Xenoblade spoiler below and all that.)

How the Monado deals with mind readers, just like this cut scene. This is VERY early in the game, as well. Pretty sure I posted this before at some point.

I've seen the second video before, but it seems it requires the mind reader to possess ether, which is life in the Xenoblade series. So while ether exists in Shulk, it doesn't mean it exists in any other character. It would be akin to a character who is from a series where souls do not exist to have a soul all of a sudden because another character from another series where souls exist just so everything is equalized. One would wonder why the character with a soul doesn't have his/her soul discarded when facing off against a soulless character when things are equalized.

Simply put, a character who can read minds, but lacks ether should be able to overcome Shulk's ability to counteract the mind reading.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Bowser seems like he's closer to being immortal than Ganon. In New Super Mario Brothers Bowser was reduced to a skeleton and still didn't die. Ganon could be resurrected by his followers, but he's kinda dead till the next time he's reborn.

Last edited:

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I've read some really cool arguments as to why one is stronger than the other. They are all fun to read , my personal opinion is Mewtwo. I just feel like he'd use psychic attacks , psychic (the attack) has 100% accuracy and 90 power :]

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Has anyone read my post on the last page? It's easy to see that Wario and DK is top tier since this about strongest not powerful. The gods would be bottom since all their strength comes from enhancement instead of being strong.

Bowser seems like he's closer to being immortal than Ganon. In New Super Mario Brothers Bowser was reduced to a skeleton and still didn't die. Ganon could be resurrected by his followers, but he's kinda dead till the next time he's reborn.
I haven't played every Mario game but I can see how Bowser is more immortal than Ganon ever will be. The reason why Bowser is so unwilling to give up is because no villain is willing to compete for his spotlight, and the only 2 that could is Smithy and Wart.

Last edited:

Metroid-X

Smash Rookie
I'm just going to say Bowser is the strongest, no matter what you do to him in any Mario game he's always back for more.

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Neither :mewtwopm: nor :pit: are known for their physical strength, meaning Superyoshiom was talking about power.
I know your right that he meant powerful but the thread title says strongest instead. :ohwell:

Edit 2: He said strongest but picked the wrong choices. Were is he any way?
That was blatant gameplay story segregation, as has been proven multiple times. Same applies to 3D World.
Mario, Luigi, Toadstool, and Toad are the only ones that have defeated Wart to this day! So does that make them stronger than everyone??? No, but the giant enemies and vegetables in SMA helps prove the four's strength.

EDIT: Link did encounter Wart in LoZ:LA but not fight him.
I'm just going to say Bowser is the strongest, no matter what you do to him in any Mario game he's always back for more.
I kinda agree that Bowser is one of the most durable behind sandbag.

Wii Fit Trainer.

That is all
This... :colorful:

Last edited:

Spirst

Don't know about the strongest but :4duckhunt: is the ballsiest. Who else would laugh at a frustrated human with a loaded gun?

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Don't know about the strongest but :4duckhunt: is the ballsiest. Who else would laugh at a frustrated human with a loaded gun?
That actually makes a lot of sense when you think about it. Projectile user's would be powerless against that Dog's ability to make them feel shame for missing. (Plus Duck Hunter can just shoot enemies from a safe distance.)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, Rosalina needs help taking down Bowser and his army of Airships/UFO's/Planet sized robots/Ghost Wizards/ect.
That was blatant gameplay story segregation, as has been proven multiple times. Same applies to 3D World.
Also Nintendo launched their Amiibo website, and some contain descriptions of the characters. Rosalina's refers to her being the universal protector we've been saying she is:

"Rosalina travels through space in a starship called the Comet Observatory. Motherly and protective of the many Lumas that she travels with, she guards the cosmos against any and all threats. Wielding a Star Wand and her signature blue dress, Rosalina always seems cool even in the face of danger."

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/COLN6qTF3vtu092ryqGvM0gsufIS9utf

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Why isn't Palutena just straight-up considered the most powerful here?
One thing's for sure. :mewtwopm: can't take :4dk: without suffering the same fate that the tiki's did.
this is a cool technicality that you would've heard in playgrounds before smash existed. i love that smash exists.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Why isn't Palutena just straight-up considered the most powerful here?

this is a cool technicality that you would've heard in playgrounds before smash existed. i love that smash exists.
because shes not that powerful?

I dont want to be too deep into this thread, given when Brawl came about this thread was nuts.

Paletuna has poor feats, shes weaker then Hades who required weapons forged by another god to beat as she lacked the power and she technically gets beat by Pit.

Sonic Brawler is confused. Shulk never becomes a diety in fact he rejects it. His powers with the Monado become engrained in him as he creates his own.

Rosalinas strength does not transfer to cqc and anyone fast enough would beat her. She is otherwise potent outside of traditional combat.

Mario/Wario are otherwise meagre but often end up "strong" given the series almost loony-toon portrayal at times which invalidates apparently any consistency of weakness depending on how much rule bending you do.

Link and Zelda are insignificant unless deliberately ****ting on their canon to make them more then they are.
Ganon has a no-limits fallacy that frankly doesnt even support itself well. His actual fire power also being unimpressive.

kirby/Mk are only 8 inches tall and can be fly swatted ddd is not much taller.

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
To be :4zss: honest I think there :4zss: is no :4zss: OP :4zss:character in Super Smash :4zss: Bros. For 3DS and :4zss: Wii U

All characters :4zss: are unique and are as strong as eachother :4zss:

To wrap it :4zss: all up, there is no :4zss: "STRONG" :4zss: Character in Smash :4zss:

:4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss::4zss:

Top Bottom