• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
The strongest character? Wario.

Wario can lift this thing up and toss it clear across the room. Without using power-ups (so no, Fighter Kirby's Megaton Punch doesn't count).

Though DK has been shown to punch the moon down, so that may be a tough call.

These 39 pages of arguments? They're about who's the most powerful, not who's the strongest like the title asks.
[/thread]
More this... Wario's strength and games are totally underrated. For a thread about who's the CANONICALLY STRONGEST, everyone seems be talking about most powerful magic-wise than raw muscle. Mewtwo thinks people to death. (I would kill to see the Scout saying "Oooo, yeaaa, your gonna think me to death" to Mewtwo), Palutena has average god powers, and Rosalina is a space mom. The only other fighter that is able to compete is Donkey Kong!

As for other strong characters that can carry heavy weapons without effort, like Shulk and Ike aren't slouches, but the same can be said for King DeDeDe.

"What about big badies taken on?" Non-Wario supporters may ask. Well awards might have to be given and my lack knowledge of some of these games might not help, but will still be worth it.

Most unique Villains:
Gods and God-like villains are pretty standard. But what about King that likes to shake things, and a devious pirate chick that's defending her treasure and getting revenge. This would have to go Wario. He has some pretty wacky villains that fit the atmosphere of his games, which is silly and cooky.

Rarest Villain:
This one might be hard cause this only applies to characters that has a lot of games and have a villain that reappear quite often. This would have to go to Mario. Since Bowser has the spotlight just about to himself there are quite a few villains that disappeared from the Mario franchise entirely. Wart, Count Bleck, Tarakamend (I think I spelled that wrong), Wario (he got his own franchise), and Smithy to name a few.

Most Realistic Villain:
By most realistic I mean doing what a real-life villain will do.... like fed their own minions to the dogs if they question the authority. You have no choice but to give that to the DK series. King K. Rool doesn't spell cruel wrong for no reason. The only real way to prove a villain is insane is how they treat their underlings (citizens, soldiers etc.) and in DK64 K. Rool treats them kroolly... When Rare left, Nintendo themselves took care of the DK franchise and used K. Rool a few times but made him look more like Bowser than the insane krocodile man that he is.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina has the NATURAL ability to make herself gigantic though, as demonstrated in Galaxy's ending (the most notable example of the ability).

So if you want to nitpick semantics (strength doesn't strictly imply your ability to lift anyway), she's still just as capable of carrying the weight of a giant in that she can literally become one, without any outside assistance.

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Rosalina has the NATURAL ability to make herself gigantic though, as demonstrated in Galaxy's ending (the most notable example of the ability).

So if you want to nitpick semantics (strength doesn't strictly imply your ability to lift anyway), she's still just as capable of carrying the weight of a giant in that she can literally become one, without any outside assistance.
I was talking about pure muscle, which most of the smash cast doesn't have. Could Rosalina lift that giant crocodile boss at Mario's size? I have heavier doubts that thing. Wario certainly did, Donkey Kong could likely do it.

(Fart Rockets and 360 space launching wheelie ftw!)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was talking about pure muscle, which most of the smash cast doesn't have. Could Rosalina lift that giant crocodile boss at Mario's size? I have heavier doubts that thing. Wario certainly did, Donkey Kong could likely do it.

(Fart Rockets and 360 space launching wheelie ftw!)
That's a very arbitrary rule to have that seems to exist only to make your favourite come out on top, and makes for a much less interesting discussion overall. Many characters have natural abilities that allow them to achieve great feats.

Rosalina is still surprisingly strong naturally, though. She can back flip off an ATV with Monster Wheels, and make it spin around (by choice, she can make ie stay still if she wants) from the force of pushing off of it, and does so effortlessly, so we actually don't know how far her physical strength goes, since the heaviest thing she interacted with in such a manner was easy for her.

Similarly, Ike effortlessly wields a two handed greatsword with one hand. So there are some underdogs in the pure strength category.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Physically speaking characters like Wario and Donkey Kong (and Mario to a lesser degree) are top notch but I'm pretty sure this thread is about overall power and not just physical strength.

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
The strongest character? Wario.

Wario can lift this thing up and toss it clear across the room. Without using power-ups (so no, Fighter Kirby's Megaton Punch doesn't count).
(I'm starting a flame war ain't I?) I bet he includes god powers as a power-up. I'm not saying Rosalina is godly weak, but since she relies on that more than muscle her placement would be below Wario and DK. Here's a short list not on ever character nor in order so it'll stay short and simple.

Muscle Men:
:4wario2:
:4dk:

Heavy Weapons Guys:
:4myfriends:
:4shulk:
:4dedede:(he's lazy though)

Mind Readers:
:4ness:
:mewtwopm:
:lucas:

Nom Nom Nom:
:4kirby:
:4yoshi:(Should've eaten small items)
:4pacman:(I wanted him to have his butt-bounce in smash 4)

Magicians:
:4robinm::4robinf:
:4zelda:

Gun Show:
:4duckhunt:
:snake:
:4fox:
:4falco:

Tecmo:
:4samus:
:4megaman::4rob:(they are technology)
:4bowserjr:

Gods/God-like
:4palutena:
:rosalina:
:4ganondorf:

Other:
:4olimar::4alph:
:4lucario:
:4peach:
:4pikachu:
:4jigglypuff:
:4littlemac:
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:
:4diddy:

Above-Godly:
Sandbag(:troll:)

Last edited:

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
(I'm starting a flame war ain't I?) I bet he includes god powers as a power-up. I'm not saying Rosalina is godly weak, but since she relies on that more than muscle her placement would be below Wario and DK. Here's a short list not on ever character nor in order so it'll stay short and simple.

Muscle Men:
:4wario2:
:4dk:

Heavy Weapons Guys:
:4myfriends:
:4shulk:
:4dedede:(he's lazy though)

Mind Readers:
:4ness:
:mewtwopm:
:lucas:

Nom Nom Nom:
:4kirby:
:4yoshi:(Should've eaten small items)
:4pacman:(I wanted him to have his butt-bounce in smash 4)

Magicians:
:4robinm::4robinf:
:4zelda:

Gun Show:
:4duckhunt:
:snake:
:4fox:
:4falco:

Tecmo:
:4samus:
:4megaman::4rob:(they are technology)
:4bowserjr:

Gods/God-like
:4palutena:
:rosalina:
:4ganondorf:

Other:
:4olimar::4alph:
:4lucario:
:4peach:
:4pikachu:
:4jigglypuff:
:4littlemac:
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:
:4diddy:

Above-Godly:
Sandbag(:troll:)
You say Dedede is lazy, but no mention of Wario's sloth?
Also, I think a god is stronger than a lifter, no?
Lastly, Rosalina's abilities are no power-up. Palutena's abilities aren't an upgrade; THEY ARE DEITIES, these are their natural capabilities.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Lastly, Rosalina's abilities are no power-up. Palutena's abilities aren't an upgrade; THEY ARE DEITIES, these are their natural capabilities.
Doesn't Rosalina's power come from a grand star or something? I mean she was the same level as Mario was in 3D World so I think he does need some sort of power up.

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Are you talking about her powers in SMG or 3D World? She does need some power to do some actions, like make a forcefield around the Comet Observatory. However, if thIs is a one-on-one canon fight, she obviously wouldn't need to do that. Her powers without powers(so to speak) are creating a forcefield bubble around herself, reflecting projectiles, levitating, the spin move in 3D World, and using the aforementioned forcefield bubbles to pick up other characters and encase them. She can move these bubbles at will.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Are you talking about her powers in SMG or 3D World? She does need some power to do some actions, like make a forcefield around the Comet Observatory. However, if thIs is a one-on-one canon fight, she obviously wouldn't need to do that. Her powers without powers(so to speak) are creating a forcefield bubble around herself, reflecting projectiles, levitating, the spin move in 3D World, and using the aforementioned forcefield bubbles to pick up other characters and encase them. She can move these bubbles at will.
I'm saying that she needs the power of the grand star or whatever to basically be God of the Mario universe.

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
Pit is because he killed Hades and Hades is the second most powerful Nintendo villain besides from Giygas and Ness didn't defeat Giygas, Paula did. (I'm pretty sure anyway)

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
More this... Wario's strength and games are totally underrated. For a thread about who's the CANONICALLY STRONGEST, everyone seems be talking about most powerful magic-wise than raw muscle. Mewtwo thinks people to death. (I would kill to see the Scout saying "Oooo, yeaaa, your gonna think me to death" to Mewtwo), Palutena has average god powers, and Rosalina is a space mom. The only other fighter that is able to compete is Donkey Kong!

As for other strong characters that can carry heavy weapons without effort, like Shulk and Ike aren't slouches, but the same can be said for King DeDeDe.

"What about big badies taken on?" Non-Wario supporters may ask. Well awards might have to be given and my lack knowledge of some of these games might not help, but will still be worth it.

Most unique Villains:
Gods and God-like villains are pretty standard. But what about King that likes to shake things, and a devious pirate chick that's defending her treasure and getting revenge. This would have to go Wario. He has some pretty wacky villains that fit the atmosphere of his games, which is silly and cooky.

Rarest Villain:
This one might be hard cause this only applies to characters that has a lot of games and have a villain that reappear quite often. This would have to go to Mario. Since Bowser has the spotlight just about to himself there are quite a few villains that disappeared from the Mario franchise entirely. Wart, Count Bleck, Tarakamend (I think I spelled that wrong), Wario (he got his own franchise), and Smithy to name a few.

Most Realistic Villain:
By most realistic I mean doing what a real-life villain will do.... like fed their own minions to the dogs if they question the authority. You have no choice but to give that to the DK series. King K. Rool doesn't spell cruel wrong for no reason. The only real way to prove a villain is insane is how they treat their underlings (citizens, soldiers etc.) and in DK64 K. Rool treats them kroolly... When Rare left, Nintendo themselves took care of the DK franchise and used K. Rool a few times but made him look more like Bowser than the insane krocodile man that he is.
Also an oft ignored fact is that Wario has ludicrous, if not infinite durability. In Wario Land 2 and 3, he literally cannot die (save one debatable exception). If this is dismissed as Gameplay Story Segregation, let's look at the attacks he has shrugged off:
After being burnt alive and being reduced to ashes, a hearty sneeze will make him normal again.
Electrocution merely stuns him.
Spikes knock him back.
Being roughed by undead turns him into an even more invincible zombie that kills everything on contact (as long as it is dark out)
Being crushed will either make him bounce like a spring or make him flat for a limited time.
And, best of all,
He has been SPLIT IN HALF (vertically) by lazer blades and just needed to pull himself back together.

If that doesn't make him win out over most of the cast, nothing will.

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Pit is because he killed Hades and Hades is the second most powerful Nintendo villain besides from Giygas and Ness didn't defeat Giygas, Paula did. (I'm pretty sure anyway)
Both were a team effort though.
Most powerful villain might have to K. Rool cause he makes the King of Evil (:4ganondorf:) look like a nice guy and spells everything that has a C with a K. Maybe that's why he's not in Smash.

That's a very arbitrary rule to have that seems to exist only to make your favourite come out on top, and makes for a much less interesting discussion overall. Many characters have natural abilities that allow them to achieve great feats.

Rosalina is still surprisingly strong naturally, though. She can back flip off an ATV with Monster Wheels, and make it spin around (by choice, she can make ie stay still if she wants) from the force of pushing off of it, and does so effortlessly, so we actually don't know how far her physical strength goes, since the heaviest thing she interacted with in such a manner was easy for her.

Similarly, Ike effortlessly wields a two handed greatsword with one hand. So there are some underdogs in the pure strength category.
You place Rosalina on top even though she couldn't get the observatory to move without the power stars. Only the godly appearance is at the end of Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. Wario and Donkey Kong are older than Rosalina and had more time to prove their strengths and weaknesses than Rosie. I even mentioned Ike is very strong with no help because he handles a two-handed sword with one hand and Shulk does the same thing. DeDeDe has a giant hammer with him all the time you know.:smirk:

In 3D World Rosie was the slowest and hardest to control but had a spin attack from SMG games. I wouldn't put her above Toad since he's the fastest in 3D World and SMB2 and pulls items from the ground the fastest from SMB2:joyful:

Wario is lazy when he's not hunting for treasure. It's rare to see gods fight with their bodies than minions, weapons, and magic. Patrick Star would be on absolute top (and bottom) since in all the Spongebob games were you can play as Patrick, he fights with his body but still throws things like DK does.

EDIT: Wario's agility isn't too good in SM64DS and various Mario spin-offs but in his owns games it is okay at worst. And the games don't take themselves to seriously too.

Last edited:

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Also an oft ignored fact is that Wario has ludicrous, if not infinite durability. In Wario Land 2 and 3, he literally cannot die (save one debatable exception). If this is dismissed as Gameplay Story Segregation, let's look at the attacks he has shrugged off:
After being burnt alive and being reduced to ashes, a hearty sneeze will make him normal again.
Electrocution merely stuns him.
Spikes knock him back.
Being roughed by undead turns him into an even more invincible zombie that kills everything on contact (as long as it is dark out)
Being crushed will either make him bounce like a spring or make him flat for a limited time.
And, best of all,
He has been SPLIT IN HALF (vertically) by lazer blades and just needed to pull himself back together.

If that doesn't make him win out over most of the cast, nothing will.
Double post. (Oops.) Warioland 2-3 and 4 are some of the games I never been able to play.

But yea... It's hard to deny that in the Wario games were you can die, he's pretty durable. The only exception is in Super Mario Land 3 because it is a two hit death.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You place Rosalina on top even though she couldn't get the observatory to move without the power stars. Only the godly appearance is at the end of Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. Wario and Donkey Kong are older than Rosalina and had more time to prove their strengths and weaknesses than Rosie. I even mentioned Ike is very strong with no help because he handles a two-handed sword with one hand and Shulk does the same thing. DeDeDe has a giant hammer with him all the time you know.:smirk:

In 3D World Rosie was the slowest and hardest to control but had a spin attack from SMG games. I wouldn't put her above Toad since he's the fastest in 3D World and SMB2 and pulls items from the ground the fastest from SMB2
Rosalina's abilities were shown from the start of Galaxy, but gameplay-story segregation dictates that Mario should be the hero. This is no different to how Peach is still being kidnapped by Bowser in the simplest of ways, even though it's well known by now she can hold her own, even without considering Smash. Rosalina could have wrapped up the whole situation in Galaxy really quickly if she wasn't held back by gameplay-story segregation.

Also, Toad can't do this (nor can Mario, Luigi, or Peach):

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T PLAYED XENOBLADE!

It might be Shulk actually because he defeated Zanza who was a god that could create Black Holes and damage Space and Time (If I remember correctly they did fight Zanza in space and at one point Space all changed into some weird golden glow with nothing to fight on)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T PLAYED XENOBLADE!

It might be Shulk actually because he defeated Zanza who was a god that could create Black Holes and damage Space and Time (If I remember correctly they did fight Zanza in space and at one point Space all changed into some weird golden glow with nothing to fight on)
Rosalina dealt with this situation too.

I believe Shulk and Rosalina to be the tied best, but I'm more inclined to think Rosalina since she has more experience (she's tended to the rebirth of the universe multiple times).

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Rosalina's abilities were shown from the start of Galaxy, but gameplay-story segregation dictates that Mario should be the hero. This is no different to how Peach is still being kidnapped by Bowser in the simplest of ways, even though it's well known by now she can hold her own, even without considering Smash. Rosalina could have wrapped up the whole situation in Galaxy really quickly if she wasn't held back by gameplay-story segregation.

Also, Toad can't do this (nor can Mario, Luigi, or Peach):

Uuuuuuummmm. You said story is more important than gameplay, YET! I got a gameplay of a speed run.

Mario games are known for their lack of story and focus on gameplay more than anything. The series that spun-off from Mario like :4dk:, :4yoshi:, and :4wario2: took the same approach. Story isn't to important so to prove it the best way possible is with the star (gameplay).

Games like Xenoblade are another story.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure ignored most of my post.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Uuuuuuummmm. You said story is more important than gameplay, YET! I got a gameplay of a speed run.

Mario games are known for their lack of story and focus on gameplay more than anything. The series that spun-off from Mario like :4dk:, :4yoshi:, and :4wario2: took the same approach. Story isn't to important so to prove it the best way possible is with the star (gameplay).

Games like Xenoblade are another story.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure ignored most of my post.
No, because gameplay is inconsistent with character's abilities.

E.G Mario has a health meter in 64, a bigger one in Sunshine, and a smaller one in Galaxy. Then in other games, he can only take a hit if he isn't Small Mario. Or in RPGs, he has a huge health bar. Etc, etc.

Story is the better source. I only posted that Rosalina gameplay to prove that Rosalina is still the strongest from a gameplay standpoint in 3D World (makes sense, since you have to unlock her).

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
No, because gameplay is inconsistent with character's abilities.

E.G Mario has a health meter in 64, a bigger one in Sunshine, and a smaller one in Galaxy. Then in other games, he can only take a hit if he isn't Small Mario. Or in RPGs, he has a huge health bar. Etc, etc.

Story is the better source. I only posted that Rosalina gameplay to prove that Rosalina is still the strongest from a gameplay standpoint in 3D World (makes sense, since you have to unlock her).
Rosalina isn't the strongest from a gameplay perspective. Like the other four characters, she has her strengths and she has her weaknesses. She has the galaxy spin (which is super great and super useful and makes her the most unique of the five) but she's also the slowest of them.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I believe that someone said DK could punch a moon down? If that is so, then DK is MUCH stronger from the rest of the cast of only for pure muscle.

I can start with the anatomy of apes and gorillas. Gorillas have mostly muscle tissue, not much fat. so those arms DK have are solid muscle. This should mean that he would not be able to swim, due to little buoyancy, but Smash 4 ignores this.

The second thing is in Smash, DK can carry heavy things whilst jumping, and as far as I know he is the only character with this distinction.

Also IF the case of DK punching a moon down is true(Link appreciated.) Assuming that deorbits the moon, Then he holds the record for the most amount of force applied in one instant from all of the other characters.

As for Wario, his strength is mostly his ability to handle those spastic attacks of his without tiring a bit, or tearing his muscles, or breaking his own bones...

As for Rosalina, The video does not show her to be strong, only that she is maneuverable.

And ROB, His only cannon is from the SSE, and it implies that he is difficult to move and his body is durable, but does not really show off his strength, whether it is incredible simply average.

And I will mention DHD. He is the only character that I used that could not knock master core far enough away to actually defeat him.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina isn't the strongest from a gameplay perspective. Like the other four characters, she has her strengths and she has her weaknesses. She has the galaxy spin (which is super great and super useful and makes her the most unique of the five) but she's also the slowest of them.
No, she's objectively the best. Using her spin in combination with long jumps means she can move really fast, so her slow run speed is moot.

Not only that, but it allows her to make crazy stunts no other character can. She can even do a Mega Man X-esque wall climb.

I speedrun 3D World, so that's how I know. That video I posted is my own.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
No, she's objectively the best. Using her spin in combination with long jumps means she can move really fast, so her slow run speed is moot.

Not only that, but it allows her to make crazy stunts no other character can. She can even do a Mega Man X-esque wall climb.

I speedrun 3D World, so that's how I know. That video I posted is my own.
You're pretty good at the game then lol. I wish I was that good...

Though it's okay that Rosalina isn't physically the strongest character in Smash, she's still one of the most powerful overall. Just because another character could out muscle her doesn't mean she wouldn't absolutely decimate them in an actual fight. Superman is physically stronger than The Flash but The Flash would probably cream him if they fought each other.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You're pretty good at the game then lol. I wish I was that good...

Though it's okay that Rosalina isn't physically the strongest character in Smash, she's still one of the most powerful overall. Just because another character could out muscle her doesn't mean she wouldn't absolutely decimate them in an actual fight. Superman is physically stronger than The Flash but The Flash would probably cream him if they fought each other.
It's not that I wouldn't be OK with her being weak physically, it's just that people are underestimating it.

I consider her physical power "unknown" like much about her. She has been seen doing some impressive things physically, but they looked like nothing to her. These feats were not more impressive than Wario and DKs, but they show a surprising amount of physical strength in her. And there is nothing to say that what was seen was her limit, since what was seen looked effortless.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
It's not that I wouldn't be OK with her being weak physically, it's just that people are underestimating it.

I consider her physical power "unknown" like much about her. She has been seen doing some impressive things physically, but they looked like nothing to her. These feats were not more impressive than Wario and DKs, but they show a surprising amount of physical strength in her. And there is nothing to say that what was seen was her limit, since what was seen looked effortless.
I'm sure she's on par with Mario (although yet to be proven) but that's probably where she's going to cap out IMO.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Can someone define strength for me and everyone else. Since people are beginning to take this thread seriously(perhaps too seriously), and everyone has a separate opinion on it, we should come to some agreement on what strength is for this thread.

Or we could keep in mind that many characters have different types of strength.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm sure she's on par with Mario (although yet to be proven) but that's probably where she's going to cap out IMO.
It's implied to be quite a bit stronger actually, from the example I posted. Though it depends on the state Mario is in I guess, since he completely relies on that.

Can someone define strength for me and everyone else. Since people are beginning to take this thread seriously(perhaps too seriously), and everyone has a separate opinion on it, we should come to some agreement on what strength is for this thread.

Or we could keep in mind that many characters have different types of strength.
Ever watched "Death Battle"?

Basically this thread is discussing the exact same thing - how characters would hold up against each other with all of their abilities and signature equipment at their disposal.

In that sense, Rosalina and Shulk are hands down the strongest. They are deities with command over creation and life itself, and have phenomenal powers that lend themselves well to combat.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
It's implied to be quite a bit stronger actually, from the example I posted. Though it depends on the state Mario is in I guess, since he completely relies on that.

Ever watched "Death Battle"?

Basically this thread is discussing the exact same thing - how characters would hold up against each other with all of their abilities and signature equipment at their disposal.

In that sense, Rosalina and Shulk are hands down the strongest. They are deities with command over creation and life itself, and have phenomenal powers that lend themselves well to combat.
We'll just have to wait for future games I guess. I mean Mario did lift the giant bomb-omb in Mario 64, so until then I'm not going to be convinced.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Why is Game and Watch at the bottom? He's the source of the Subspace Army.
Mr. Game & Watch is made out of a small amount of Shadow Bugs. About as much to form one Primid.

Multiple Mr. Game & Watch formations drove the Halberd before Snake threw them all out the window. They then combined to form Duon, and when you defeat Duon, most of the Shadow Bugs dissipate, but enough remains to form one Mr. Game & Watch, who joins your party.

So no, he is not the source of the whole army.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
@josh bones Ice climbers at the bottom? Despite that broken 0-death desync?

Mr. Game & Watch is made out of a small amount of Shadow Bugs. About as much to form one Primid.

Multiple Mr. Game & Watch formations drove the Halberd before Snake threw them all out the window. They then combined to form Duon, and when you defeat Duon, most of the Shadow Bugs dissipate, but enough remains to form one Mr. Game & Watch, who joins your party.

So no, he is not the source of the whole army.
Actually I remember Tabuu found G&W, and then proceded to clone the shadow bugs for his own evil purposes. They may have been destroyed when the portals collapsed though, but he is technically the source of the army.

Here is an exerpt: "He(Tabuu) comes upon Mr. Game & Watch, who, as a two-dimensional being in a three-dimensional world, has unusual properties that make it possible to create a limitless amount of Shadow Bugs. Tabuu captures Mr. Game & Watch in order to produce Shadow Bugs, with which he creates the Subspace Army. Mr. Game & Watch is claimed to be unaware he is being used to create the army." Source: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Plot_summary_of_The_Subspace_Emissary

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
@josh bones Ice climbers at the bottom? Despite that broken 0-death desync?

Actually I remember Tabuu found G&W, and then proceded to clone the shadow bugs for his own evil purposes. They may have been destroyed when the portals collapsed though, but he is technically the source of the army.

Here is an exerpt: "He(Tabuu) comes upon Mr. Game & Watch, who, as a two-dimensional being in a three-dimensional world, has unusual properties that make it possible to create a limitless amount of Shadow Bugs. Tabuu captures Mr. Game & Watch in order to produce Shadow Bugs, with which he creates the Subspace Army. Mr. Game & Watch is claimed to be unaware he is being used to create the army." Source: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Plot_summary_of_The_Subspace_Emissary
But in that sense, any character could have been the army as he just cloned G&W. He's not INHERENTLY the source of the army, he was just cloned.

Also when did G&W claim anything?

Last edited:

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
Going back to the Rob not having that much strength I think there were giant out of service Robs in the subspace embassy. Besides that if we were looking away from who is the strongest in game I think the strongest character out of game is in fact Rob. I think he is one of the most produced Nintendo licensed robot that could lift spinning gyros and pucks. He also had the strength to knock over a stack of pucks

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Going back to the Rob not having that much strength I think there were giant out of service Robs in the subspace embassy. Besides that if we were looking away from who is the strongest in game I think the strongest character out of game is in fact Rob. I think he is one of the most produced Nintendo licensed robot that could lift spinning gyros and pucks. He also had the strength to knock over a stack of pucks

Amusing. Not even DK could lift a real life pencil, or knock down a set of real life pucks.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think Samus Aran is most likely the strongest. Then again I am yet to finish Xenoblade, so I don't know the extension of She-Hulk's powers.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As much as I like it to happen, Pit kinda did get help from Palutena, and I believe Viridi, not to mention Lord Dyntos did create the GST for Pit to use (after the three trials), but I can say that he's stronger than he looks, especially compared to humans. Sadly for him, he's kinda naive and gullible sometimes, but still a tough adversary in his own right.

Top Bottom