• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Loses
Samus
Pit

Link (SS)

Here is my ultimate, most likely final list. I'm still waiting for an argument on Pits or Samus's placement on the list.
It's kinda confusing. Sat there for ten minutes wondering what you were posting this for in reply to a Pokemon post. I was posting to the other person about Pokemon, not Ganondorf.

Having said that, I still say Ike and Marth should be on that list.

The Falchion (ファルシオン Falchion) is a divine "sword of light" of Archanea, forged by the Divine Dragon ruler Naga for mankind in order to better protect themselves against the threat of rogue dragons. It was adopted by the kingdom of Altea as one of their national treasures following its use against the Earth Dragon Medeus by the kingdom's founder, Anri, and has in the centuries since been famously used by several of Anri's descendants: Marth the Hero-King, the founder of Ylisse, and Chrom and Lucina of Ylisse.
Nothing about that says it's made SPECIFICALLY for Dragons. It was made by Naga - who, might I add, is CLEARLY divinity even if she's in denial/humble about it - and is a divine weapon. It's the 'Sword of Light'. It's not necessarily MADE of light, but we'll assume when they say 'light' they mean the more figurative 'holy' version. It's a holy weapon. It can kill Ganondorf. Marth is no slouch. If he can destroy dragons several times larger than himself, he's got a fair shot against Ganon AND Ganondorf, in my book.

Ragnell (ラグネル Ragnell) is a powerful sword and one of the national treasures of the Begnion Empire, once wielded by the beorc heroine Altina alongside its sister blade Alondite. It is a large, two-handed sword with a golden blade and black hilt, in which tiny aqua green jewels are embedded. It was blessed by the Goddess of Order Ashera, granting it immense power and rendering it invulnerable. In addition to its sheer power, the blade can be used to sling powerful shockwaves to attack from afar.
Same deal here. It's blessed by a Goddess. It even says in the description that it has immense power and is completely invulnerable. It even has ranged properties. It is, for all intents and purposes, a far better Falchion.

tl;dr: Ike and Marth should be on that list as well.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
It's kinda confusing. Sat there for ten minutes wondering what you were posting this for in reply to a Pokemon post. I was posting to the other person about Pokemon, not Ganondorf.

Nothing about that says it's made SPECIFICALLY for Dragons. It was made by Naga - who, might I add, is CLEARLY divinity even if she's in denial/humble about it - and is a divine weapon. It's the 'Sword of Light'. It's not necessarily MADE of light, but we'll assume when they say 'light' they mean the more figurative 'holy' version. It's a holy weapon. It can kill Ganondorf. Marth is no slouch. If he can destroy dragons several times larger than himself, he's got a fair shot against Ganon AND Ganondorf, in my book.

Same deal here. It's blessed by a Goddess. It even says in the description that it has immense power and is completely invulnerable. It even has ranged properties. It is, for all intents and purposes, a far better Falchion.

Links sword is blessed by 4 goddesses, Hylia, Farore, Din, and Nayru. Also have you guys thought that the only reason the master sword harms Ganon/Ganondorf is because it is blessed by those specific goddesses? It could be that only the essence of those gods can beat him because they are part of the triforce. Think about it, it will deal a lot less damage anyway. Look at the Seven Sages, they had divine weapons, yet Ganondorf took it like a champ while his power was sealed. Also Ganondorf can float/fly, Marth and Ike cannot. Battle is pretty much already won right there. All he needs to do, is use magic attacks whole out of the range of Rangell and if they deflect them back, so what? They don't have light arrows, it would just stun him for a second.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Links sword is blessed by 4 goddesses, Hylia, Farore, Din, and Nayru. Also have you guys thought that the only reason the master sword harms Ganon/Ganondorf is because it is blessed by those specific goddesses? It could be that only the essence of those gods can beat him because they are part of the triforce. Think about it, it will deal a lot less damage anyway. Look at the Seven Sages, they had divine weapons, yet Ganondorf took it like a champ while his power was sealed. Also Ganondorf can float/fly, Marth and Ike cannot. Battle is pretty much already won right there. All he needs to do, is use magic attacks whole out of the range of Rangell and if they deflect them back, so what? They don't have light arrows, it would just stun him for a second.
I think you're overestimating how powerful the Master Sword was. Have you ever heard the term 'Too many cooks spoil the broth.'? Even if the Master Sword is blessed by four Goddesses (I'm honestly too lazy to fact check), that doesn't really mean much. Do the blessings stack? I feel like if they did, Ganondorf wouldn't be a problem in ANY game, even if he had 33.333% of a MacGuffin. Similarly, we have no real method to compare the power of the Goddesses. It's possible Naga and Ashera are both stronger divinity compared to even Din, Nayru, Farore and Hylia together. If we were discussing tools and items created by Gods/Goddesses in a realm like Kid Icarus, this wouldn't be an issue, because there's a clear hierarchy of omnipotence in that canon.

Having said that, I'm WAY too lazy to do canon fact checking on something as silly as Goddesses and Gods, but the general assumption I have is that if one Goddess can't create the entire world, she's not as powerful as she's made out to be. I'm not caught up on whatever retconning came out of Skyward Sword (I assume a lot), but last I checked, it took three Goddesses to create the world. For the moment, I'm going to lean in the direction of Naga and Ashera being as powerful, if not more-so, than at least DNF combined.

Again, way too lazy and tired to do the research and fact checking. Feel free if you want to.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I think you're overestimating how powerful the Master Sword was. Have you ever heard the term 'Too many cooks spoil the broth.'? Even if the Master Sword is blessed by four Goddesses (I'm honestly too lazy to fact check), that doesn't really mean much. Do the blessings stack? I feel like if they did, Ganondorf wouldn't be a problem in ANY game, even if he had 33.333% of a MacGuffin. Similarly, we have no real method to compare the power of the Goddesses. It's possible Naga and Ashera are both stronger divinity compared to even Din, Nayru, Farore and Hylia together. If we were discussing tools and items created by Gods/Goddesses in a realm like Kid Icarus, this wouldn't be an issue, because there's a clear hierarchy of omnipotence in that canon.

Having said that, I'm WAY too lazy to do canon fact checking on something as silly as Goddesses and Gods, but the general assumption I have is that if one Goddess can't create the entire world, she's not as powerful as she's made out to be. I'm not caught up on whatever retconning came out of Skyward Sword (I assume a lot), but last I checked, it took three Goddesses to create the world. For the moment, I'm going to lean in the direction of Naga and Ashera being as powerful, if not more-so, than at least DNF combined.

Again, way too lazy and tired to do the research and fact checking. Feel free if you want to.
Just so you know, the goddess sword was created by hylia, then tempered by the flames of the 3 goddesses, then blessed by hylia once again. Also the reason the master sword doesn't automatically kill Ganon, is because he shares that power. Also it's not that the 3 goddesses aren't powerful, they just had special fields. We know one piece of the triforce has the power to take over the world. Or destroy it. Easily. It's just the other two provide a checks and balance system, and together, they can accomplish anything. The goddesses are a lot more powerful than you think. They actually are proven to have infinite power
Spoilers for a link between worlds here

In A Link Between Worlds Link creates another triforce for lorule. So the triforce can easily replicate itself, creating more and more triforces. Which is the exact definition of unlimited power.

Btw. Why is SS Link so low? He's one of the only links to use the full triforce.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654

Ike and Marth are strong enough to hold there own, but skyward sword Link defeated the predecessor of every major zelda villain. No doubt demise is stronger than Ganondorf and Ganon. Marths sword may be divine, but its main purpose is to slay dragons. The only character with divine enough weapons to match or outmatch the master sword is Pit. Ike may have a divine weapon similar to the master sword, but Link has more power, the spirit of the hero, an arsenal of weapons, the triforce of courage and sometimes the entire artifact. Marths sword is just a weaker sages sword built to destroy and kill evil dragons. Naga isn't as powerful a deity as Ashurerea or hyruliass. SS sword Link are only to beat ganon. Marth and Ike no chance. Link is a stronger wariotr then Fe. Heman heyayayay. Kriptonite my only weakness. im dead.

Ike and Marth aren't as powerful diverse fighters as Link. there gods are not as strong as hyrules godesses. grggr.

Ganondorf loses to
Pit
Link (SS)

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Eh. I'm done with the thread here. Honestly, this is an impossible endeavor, and I've wasted a ton of time and energy here.

Y'all have fun.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Ashunera is definitely as strng as Din, Nayru, and Farore.
Is she as strong as four goddesses? I don't think so. The master sword was designed to specifically hurt Demise and beings like him. Ragnell wasn't made by Ashunera. but Ashera, who was just half of the greater goddess. Being half of a full goddess doesn't make her extremely weak, but her sword probably has a different purpose than the master sword, we also have to take into account the wielder of the weapon.

Link has more experience, items, and strength than Ike. Even if Ragnell is as strong as the master sword, Link would still beat Ike.

If you want to count The Great Cave Offense then Kirby has the triforce and falchion. Technically he has obtained these items legit and these should count. A character should be able to use any weapon or item that they have used or obtained. Kirby is a skilled swordsman, so he should be able to master the falchion easily, even if he can't awaken its full powers. Although he could if he sucked up Marth in a battle against him. Take that Kirby haters.

Only Pit, Kirby, Skyward Sword Link have a greater chance than Ganondorf at winning..

Last edited:

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
Since when does Link have more experience than Ike? The guy who's trained all his life and fought through two wars?

And Link is nowhere near as strong as Ike. Absolutely nothing states that the Golden Gauntlets increase his attack strength, and going off of ingame info, we can assume that they definitely don't make him stronger.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Since when does Link have more experience than Ike? The guy who's trained all his life and fought through two wars?

And Link is nowhere near as strong as Ike. Absolutely nothing states that the Golden Gauntlets increase his attack strength, and going off of ingame info, we can assume that they definitely don't make him stronger.
Link is a multi-incarnate giving him generations of experience. He has fought The Lord of All Evil many many times and has the spirit of the hero. He keeps all the experience with each new incarnate, whether it be through the triforce, master sword, spirit wolf ect. He has fought through many wars, whether it be the war against demise as stated in the manga, whatever war Link is in in Hyrule Warriors(it is almost certainly canon as it's supervised by aonuma), the minish war, war against the twili, and many others.
Also Link is stronger than Ike, as he can use potions and other things(such as sword upgrades), to give him more strength. Also in Twilight Princess he has the strength to hurl an elder goron. Those things must weigh at least 1 ton, being almost entirely made of rock.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I can finally talk about how Palutena > Gannondorf!

nessokman

Smash Lord
Well, Link confirmed stronger than Pit.
The only reason that fight turned out like that was so palutena could show up and beat link herself, it is not an accurate reading of true strength.

Pit has the sacred treasure that were used to defeat multiple GODS of darkness a evil. The 3 sacred treasures were able to beat Meduasa, and did a number on hades.the great treasure killed hades, god of the underworld.

Pit's signature now is the palutena bow, it shoots light and is infused with the power of the goddess of light. He beats Gannon.

Palutena is the goddess of light
Palutena>pit>link>Gannon

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Pit could just get Vrididiis help if he's battling Pulatenea and he should be allowed the help of a goddess. Medusa did imprisonn Palutena and Pit defeated her without as much help hee got in uprisine. Pit is strung.

Kokusho

Smash Apprentice
This animation was supposed to be all about Pulatenea but in the end it mostly show how awesome Link is :D

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Rosalina tends to be considered the most powerful because of the events at the end of Super Mario Galaxy. The problem is that we don’t know what happened to Rosalina. All we know is that the Marioverse was reset, but not entirely, since in Throwback Galaxy, the red Bob-Omb finds Mario familiar. So the events from the beginning of SMG to the destruction of the Marioverse is only reset.

Some think that Rosalina is very durable, as if she withstood the destruction of the Marioverse. We may say this was the big crunch, since the Marioverse falls collapses on itself, only to reset. Like a deflating balloon contracting, so it was with the Marioverse. As a result, it expanded again (another big bang). Some think Rosalina was the result of this, but there’s no evidence pointing to her being the creator, since prior to her, the Marioverse had already existed.

What we do see are Lumas flying into the supermassive black hole. Lumas are known for becoming other things like suns, planets, or comets. When Lumas die, they are reborn, and what we see here are countless Lumas dying, only for the cause of the Marioverse to reset. Therefore, I’d say they are what caused this recreation of the Marioverse.

Still, this doesn’t answer why Rosalina and Mario know of events that had not occurred, since they were reset. This does not mean that Rosalina and Mario withstood the destruction of the Marioverse, however. It really doesn’t tell us anything. So attributing Rosalina with the recreation of the Marioverse and withstanding the destruction of it is unsubstantiated and rests on an argument from ignorance.

Next is Ganondorf. A lot of people say that he cannot be harmed by anything except things that have the power to repel evil. The problem with this is that it’s unsubstantiated as well, since to even make such claim would require either omniscience or the demonstration that Ganondorf has, in fact, withstood every single thing that does not have the power to repel evil. Failure to demonstrate this also rests on an argument from ignorance.

In-game data tells us that Ganondorf cannot be harmed by anything that does not have the power to repel evil, but these are ignorant statements, as in they are statements that are unsubstantiated. It’s what is believed to be the case in the Zeldaverse, but there is no evidence to prove this at all, neither in-game, nor outside of the Zeldaverse. For example, if Ganondorf was thrown into a black hole, it would need to be proved that he can survive spaghettification.

I will not deny that Ganondorf does perhaps have some kind of dark barrier or something that protects him from conventional weaponry, but so far, nothing has been tested. To claim nothing but the power to repel evil can harm or even kill Ganondorf commits the no-limits fallacy. Thinking that because a dagger cannot harm Ganondorf does not grant anyone the right to extrapolate this to something like a lightsaber.

Now, personally, I like Samus Aran. She’s my favorite fictional character, but this doesn’t mean I don’t think she can’t be beat. I think Pit is high up there, too, and in fact, I think he is capable of defeating Samus. For now, I will post several things about Samus’ and everyone else who reads this can make up their own mind afterwards. By the way, I am not using a composite form of Samus like so many do with her and other characters. That’s non-canon, but if others do composite forms, I might have to do that, too. For now, I’ll just use the Metroid Fusion incarnation.

Reaction time
Samus fights against Serris, who grants her the ability to travel at “supersonic speeds”. (Metroid Fusion manual, p. 30) So the low-end for supersonic speed is Mach 1.2 (411.6 m/s; 1,126.4 ft/s). With this in mind, Samus had to have dealt with this speed, so if for whatever reason Samus was granted 10 m. (32.8 ft.) to respond Serris, this would mean that she would only have 24 milliseconds to respond.

In Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, when Gandrayda is acting as a Galactic Federation trooper, there are two types of camera angles. The first shows Samus walking away, which I’ll estimate up to 8 Morph Balls away. According to Conglometroid, the size of the Morph Ball is on average, approximately 75.85 cm. in diameter, or 0.7585 m. Multiplying this by 8 gives a total of 6.068 m. (19.9 ft.). Here are the results of Samus’ reaction time as follows determining the speed of the projectile Gandrayda fired.

• Subsonic: 22 milliseconds
  • Speed of sound: 17 milliseconds
  • Supersonic: 14 milliseconds

From another angle after Gandrayda tries to shoot Samus, Samus is pretty much next to her. So if we assumed the distance was 0.7585 m., that would then mean the following.

• Subsonic: 2 milliseconds
  • Speed of sound: 2 milliseconds
  • Supersonic: 1 millisecond

Assuming the distance Samus dodged Serris was 10 m., it would be pretty consistent with the distance between Samus and Gandrayda and the speed of the projectile.

Speed
As noted before, Samus is capable of running at “supersonic speeds”, so the low-end would be Mach 1.2, although it’s feasible that she may be able to travel up to Mach 4.9. We really don’t know. Samus is also capable of turning. The reason for her appearing to run linear was because the games took place on a 2D plane. Metroid Fusion proved she can turn, however, since getting from one sector in the B.S.L. to another would require her to turn. This was supported also in Metroid: Other M.

With this speed, assuming it takes 2 seconds for Samus to start up her Speed Booster (this is likely a game mechanic, since in Super Metroid, it takes about 1, in Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, it takes about 2, and in Other M, it takes about 5), this would mean Samus will be running 205.8 m/s/s (460 mi/h/s). At this rate, Samus will be experiencing 21 g and eventually 42 g without any ill-effects.

While Samus is also running at this speed, her weight (198 lb.; 90 kg.) ends up being 4.16 tons. In other words, anyone hit by Samus will be experiencing a force of 4.16 tons smashing into them. In terms of energy, Samus will be producing the equivalent of 1.82 kg. of TNT.

Power Bomb
Using the equation, E = (R^5 ρ) / t^2, I can determine the yield of power bombs. R is radius, ρ is air density, and t is time. To start off with a low-end feat, I used silver azide, since it's explosive velocity was 4,000 m/s. That's the lowest I could find. It would only take 2.5 milliseconds for this to cover 10 m. As a result, I would end up with 4.59 tons of TNT.

However, considering this is not a common explosive, especially in the military, I ended up using TNT instead. TNT has an explosive velocity of 6,900 m/s, which means it only takes 1 millisecond for it to cover 10 m. As a result, Samus' power bombs would produce a yield of 28.68 tons of TNT.

• Fireball radius: 20 m (1,150 m²)
    Maximum size of the nuclear fireball; relevance to lived effects depends on height of detonation. If it touches the ground, the amount of radioactive fallout is significantly increased.
  • Air blast radius (20 psi): 70 m (0.01 km²)
    At 20 psi overpressure, heavily built concrete buildings are severely damaged or demolished; fatalities approach 100%.
  • Air blast radius (5 psi): 140 m (0.06 km²)
    At 5 psi overpressure, most residential buildings collapse, injuries are universal, fatalities are widespread.
  • Thermal radiation radius (3rd degree burns): 150 m (0.07 km²)
    Third degree burns extend throughout the layers of skin, and are often painless because they destroy the pain nerves. They can cause severe scarring or disablement, and can require amputation. 100% probability for 3rd degree burns at this yield is 6.7 cal/cm2.
  • Radiation radius (500 rem): 450 m (0.65 km²)
    500 rem radiation dose; without medical treatment, there can be expected between 50% and 90% mortality from acute effects alone. Dying takes between several hours and several weeks.

Saint Johns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HyperSlash
Rosalina tends to be considered the most powerful because of the events at the end of Super Mario Galaxy. The problem is that we don’t know what happened to Rosalina. All we know is that the Marioverse was reset, but not entirely, since in Throwback Galaxy, the red Bob-Omb finds Mario familiar. So the events from the beginning of SMG to the destruction of the Marioverse is only reset.

Some think that Rosalina is very durable, as if she withstood the destruction of the Marioverse. We may say this was the big crunch, since the Marioverse falls collapses on itself, only to reset. Like a deflating balloon contracting, so it was with the Marioverse. As a result, it expanded again (another big bang). Some think Rosalina was the result of this, but there’s no evidence pointing to her being the creator, since prior to her, the Marioverse had already existed.

What we do see are Lumas flying into the supermassive black hole. Lumas are known for becoming other things like suns, planets, or comets. When Lumas die, they are reborn, and what we see here are countless Lumas dying, only for the cause of the Marioverse to reset. Therefore, I’d say they are what caused this recreation of the Marioverse.

Still, this doesn’t answer why Rosalina and Mario know of events that had not occurred, since they were reset. This does not mean that Rosalina and Mario withstood the destruction of the Marioverse, however. It really doesn’t tell us anything. So attributing Rosalina with the recreation of the Marioverse and withstanding the destruction of it is unsubstantiated and rests on an argument from ignorance.

Next is Ganondorf. A lot of people say that he cannot be harmed by anything except things that have the power to repel evil. The problem with this is that it’s unsubstantiated as well, since to even make such claim would require either omniscience or the demonstration that Ganondorf has, in fact, withstood every single thing that does not have the power to repel evil. Failure to demonstrate this also rests on an argument from ignorance.

In-game data tells us that Ganondorf cannot be harmed by anything that does not have the power to repel evil, but these are ignorant statements, as in they are statements that are unsubstantiated. It’s what is believed to be the case in the Zeldaverse, but there is no evidence to prove this at all, neither in-game, nor outside of the Zeldaverse. For example, if Ganondorf was thrown into a black hole, it would need to be proved that he can survive spaghettification.

I will not deny that Ganondorf does perhaps have some kind of dark barrier or something that protects him from conventional weaponry, but so far, nothing has been tested. To claim nothing but the power to repel evil can harm or even kill Ganondorf commits the no-limits fallacy. Thinking that because a dagger cannot harm Ganondorf does not grant anyone the right to extrapolate this to something like a lightsaber.

Now, personally, I like Samus Aran. She’s my favorite fictional character, but this doesn’t mean I don’t think she can’t be beat. I think Pit is high up there, too, and in fact, I think he is capable of defeating Samus. For now, I will post several things about Samus’ and everyone else who reads this can make up their own mind afterwards. By the way, I am not using a composite form of Samus like so many do with her and other characters. That’s non-canon, but if others do composite forms, I might have to do that, too. For now, I’ll just use the Metroid Fusion incarnation.

Reaction time
Samus fights against Serris, who grants her the ability to travel at “supersonic speeds”. (Metroid Fusion manual, p. 30) So the low-end for supersonic speed is Mach 1.2 (411.6 m/s; 1,126.4 ft/s). With this in mind, Samus had to have dealt with this speed, so if for whatever reason Samus was granted 10 m. (32.8 ft.) to respond Serris, this would mean that she would only have 24 milliseconds to respond.

In Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, when Gandrayda is acting as a Galactic Federation trooper, there are two types of camera angles. The first shows Samus walking away, which I’ll estimate up to 8 Morph Balls away. According to Conglometroid, the size of the Morph Ball is on average, approximately 75.85 cm. in diameter, or 0.7585 m. Multiplying this by 8 gives a total of 6.068 m. (19.9 ft.). Here are the results of Samus’ reaction time as follows determining the speed of the projectile Gandrayda fired.

• Subsonic: 22 milliseconds
  • Speed of sound: 17 milliseconds
  • Supersonic: 14 milliseconds

From another angle after Gandrayda tries to shoot Samus, Samus is pretty much next to her. So if we assumed the distance was 0.7585 m., that would then mean the following.

• Subsonic: 2 milliseconds
  • Speed of sound: 2 milliseconds
  • Supersonic: 1 millisecond

Assuming the distance Samus dodged Serris was 10 m., it would be pretty consistent with the distance between Samus and Gandrayda and the speed of the projectile.

Speed
As noted before, Samus is capable of running at “supersonic speeds”, so the low-end would be Mach 1.2, although it’s feasible that she may be able to travel up to Mach 4.9. We really don’t know. Samus is also capable of turning. The reason for her appearing to run linear was because the games took place on a 2D plane. Metroid Fusion proved she can turn, however, since getting from one sector in the B.S.L. to another would require her to turn. This was supported also in Metroid: Other M.

With this speed, assuming it takes 2 seconds for Samus to start up her Speed Booster (this is likely a game mechanic, since in Super Metroid, it takes about 1, in Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, it takes about 2, and in Other M, it takes about 5), this would mean Samus will be running 205.8 m/s/s (460 mi/h/s). At this rate, Samus will be experiencing 21 g and eventually 42 g without any ill-effects.

While Samus is also running at this speed, her weight (198 lb.; 90 kg.) ends up being 4.16 tons. In other words, anyone hit by Samus will be experiencing a force of 4.16 tons smashing into them. In terms of energy, Samus will be producing the equivalent of 1.82 kg. of TNT.

Power Bomb
Using the equation, E = (R^5 ρ) / t^2, I can determine the yield of power bombs. R is radius, ρ is air density, and t is time. To start off with a low-end feat, I used silver azide, since it's explosive velocity was 4,000 m/s. That's the lowest I could find. It would only take 2.5 milliseconds for this to cover 10 m. As a result, I would end up with 4.59 tons of TNT.

However, considering this is not a common explosive, especially in the military, I ended up using TNT instead. TNT has an explosive velocity of 6,900 m/s, which means it only takes 1 millisecond for it to cover 10 m. As a result, Samus' power bombs would produce a yield of 28.68 tons of TNT.

• Fireball radius: 20 m (1,150 m²)
    Maximum size of the nuclear fireball; relevance to lived effects depends on height of detonation. If it touches the ground, the amount of radioactive fallout is significantly increased.
  • Air blast radius (20 psi): 70 m (0.01 km²)
    At 20 psi overpressure, heavily built concrete buildings are severely damaged or demolished; fatalities approach 100%.
  • Air blast radius (5 psi): 140 m (0.06 km²)
    At 5 psi overpressure, most residential buildings collapse, injuries are universal, fatalities are widespread.
  • Thermal radiation radius (3rd degree burns): 150 m (0.07 km²)
    Third degree burns extend throughout the layers of skin, and are often painless because they destroy the pain nerves. They can cause severe scarring or disablement, and can require amputation. 100% probability for 3rd degree burns at this yield is 6.7 cal/cm2.
  • Radiation radius (500 rem): 450 m (0.65 km²)
    500 rem radiation dose; without medical treatment, there can be expected between 50% and 90% mortality from acute effects alone. Dying takes between several hours and several weeks.
Wow....

Crystanium

Smash Hero
If you like that, then let me explain more about Samus' plasma beam in the Metroid Prime triology. It takes 2.99 gigajoules (2,990,000,000 joules) to vaporize a human. Space Pirates show no ill-effects in regions with extreme temperatures (such as Magmoor Caverns). However, it only takes a partially charged shot from the plasma beam to vaporize lightly armored Space Pirates, so the energy would likely be more than 2.99 GJ. A fully charged shot would be greater.

This can seemingly be applied to the Light Beam as well. Just by color temperature alone, one could argue it produces a temperature of up to 5,000 K (8,540°F).

I forgot to mention another thing. In Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion, super missiles cause the place to shake. This is not for visuals, as in SM, creatures hanging from ceilings or walls will fall. This is further proved when the SA-X is revealed for the first time. As Samus is going down the elevator, the place shakes. So this isn't an overboard guess, if we went with a magnitude of 2.0 on the Richter scale, that'd mean Samus' super missiles have a yield of 478 kg. of TNT. If 1 ton of TNT is 1,000 kg., then 1 kiloton should be 1,000,000 kg. of TNT. This gives me 0.000478 kt of TNT. So that should be as follows:

• Fireball radius: 0 m (40 m²)
  • Air blast radius (20 psi): 20 m (910 m²)
  • Air blast radius (5 psi): 40 m (4,030 m²)
  • Thermal radiation radius (3rd degree burns): 40 m (4,860 m ²)
  • Radiation radius (500 rem): 260 m (0.21 km²)

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Wasn't Kirby cracking planets in two with a suplex? I'd say that wins. If just in the smash sense, Bowser in his giga bowser form. If it's true that master hand and crazy hand are meant to be a "puppeteer" or a human playing with Toys, I'd say Master hand. One could argue Taboo (if I remember right he beat down master hand in the story) but he's not playable.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Wasn't Kirby cracking planets in two with a suplex? I'd say that wins. If just in the smash sense, Bowser in his giga bowser form. If it's true that master hand and crazy hand are meant to be a "puppeteer" or a human playing with Toys, I'd say Master hand. One could argue Taboo (if I remember right he beat down master hand in the story) but he's not playable.
The only time I've seen Kirby split a planet in two was in a megaton sub-game. I've seen a few assume Kirby is only capable of doing this when he has Knuckle Joe's ability. Even with Knuckle Joe's ability aside from that sub-game, Kirby never demonstrates this ability. If he had such an ability, he would obliterate anyone who opposed him and it would really require so much energy that, I dare say, would produce a massive explosion.

Why do I say this? Kirby, according Super Smash Bros., is 8 inches tall. (That's the only place I've ever seen it say that about Kirby.) Because of Kirby's small size, he would require a lot of speed. For example, let's say a bullet has a grain of 100, that's 6.48 grams, but let's just round it to 6.5 g. Then using the equation for kinetic energy, let's assume this bullet is traveling the speed of sound (343 m/s; 768 mi/h).

KE = 1/2 (0.0065 kg.)(343 m/s)^2
= 1/2 (0.0065 kg.)(117,649 m^2/s^2)
= 1/2 (764.7185 kg m^2/s^2)
= 382.35925 kg m^2/s^2, or 382.35925 J

Well, we could end up with similar results if the mass is greater and the velocity is slower. So, since Kirby is so small, he'd require a lot of speed to even split Pop Star in half. As for Master Hand and Crazy Hand, as well as Tabuu, I don't know if the original poster was including those, since they don't have games outside of the SSBverse.

--------------------

Durability
I did a few calculations for Pit as well, but nothing so far on his weaponry, only on durability and flight. So, let's do this. In chapter 25 of Kid Icarus: Uprising, Pit falls what I estimated to be 1,524 m. (5,000 ft.). The time took was averaged at approximately 20.280 seconds. Using kinematics . . .

s = vit 1/2 at^2
= 1/2 (9.8 m/s)(20.28 s)^2
= 1/2 (9.8 m/s)(411.28 s)
= 1/2 (4,030.53 m.)
= 2,015.26 m. (6,610 ft.)

So it wasn't too far off from my guesstimate. Using gravitational potential energy, I end up with the following.

U = mgh
U = (57 kg.)(9.8 N/kg.)(2,015.26 m.)
U = (558.6 N)(2,015.26 m.)
U = 1,125,724.236 N m

1,125,724.236 N m / 0.0127 m. = 88,639,703.62 N, or 9,927.65 tons-force. For velocity, that's 479.31 m/s, or 1,071.93 mi/h, which is Mach 1.4. Keep in mind drag was not considered here, so the numbers would likely be lower.

Flight speed
If it took Pit 31.360 seconds to get to the Lunar Sanctum after the laser was fired, and if it's assumed he's a mile away, Pit's average speed would be 114.8 mi/h. If half a mile, then 57 mi/h. Using this, we could say Pit's reaction time is 130 milliseconds. Further, still, in the video where Pit flies into Lady Palutena's force field (this is when LP is evil), I assumed the distance of the launch was 200 meters away. I clocked 27 milliseconds. Assuming the distance, time, and laws of physics are applicable, Pit flew at 740.74 meters per second (1,656.57 mi/h), or Mach 2.16.

I don't see 100 m. being reasonable here, but 150? Sure. So at 150 m., I end up with 555.56 m/s, or Mach 1.62. These calculations were taken from my other posts at another message board I hang around at. But for one more fun calculation, I had assumed elsewhere that Pit is 57 kg. So using kinetic energy, I'd end up with the following.

KE = 1/2 (57 kg.)(555.56 m/s)^2
= 1/2 (57 kg.)(308,646.9136 m^2/s^2)
= 1/2 (17,592,874.0752 kg m^2/s^2)
= 8,796,437.0376 J, or 2.1 kg. of TNT.

You're welcome, Pit fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
So, Palutena.

Is she the most powerful and we only talk about the others?
She is powerful, but I can't seem to recall any feats really standing out in Kid Icarus: Uprising. If anyone wants to offer some quotes with the chapters in Uprising, and even some feats, I'll check them out. It's been a long while since I've played.

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
Palutena has little feats aside from the Power of Flight and the Glam Blaster, which has a significant charge time

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Sonic the Hedgehog is 35 kg. At the speed of sound, Sonic would produce 2,058,857.5 J (492 g of TNT). In a much, much previous page in this thread, someone cited from Sonic Adventure DX that "He's the world's fastest, hypersonic hedgehog". Hypersonic ranges from Mach 5 to Mach 10. But in keeping with the low-end feat, we can only permit Sonic 1,715 m/s (3,840 mi/h). With this, Sonic produces 51,471,437.5 J (12.3 kg of TNT). What about the light dash? Well, since Sonic isn't blowing people up, he must be massless or our laws of physics don't apply. (He'd need infinite energy if not massless.) So, at the speed of light, Sonic should be producing 19,140,000,000,000,000,000 J (4.57 gigatons of TNT). Too bad he doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
She is powerful, but I can't seem to recall any feats really standing out in Kid Icarus: Uprising. If anyone wants to offer some quotes with the chapters in Uprising, and even some feats, I'll check them out. It's been a long while since I've played.
Do you have some sort of autism that gives you the ability to do complete all these equations?

Good job on the Ganondorf explanation, that's what I was also thinking. I couldn't have explained it as well as you.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So I've come to a decision. In terms of raw power, Rosalina wins due to her ability to create a black hole and destroy the universe.

However, Mewtwo would curbstomp Rosalina because of the speed difference, plus mind manipulation. Even if she's resistant to psychic attacks, Mewtwo can still teleport behind her and finish her off quickly.

As for characters who CAN'T die like Ganondorf, characters like Mewtwo and Rosalina could never be defeated by him but could not kill him at the same time. The only characters with the potential to kill Ganondorf are Link, Zelda, Pit, and Ike (though I'm not sure if he's fast enough to win), because of their holy weapons.

So basically Rosalina is technically the strongest, and Mewtwo could win a matchup against everyone but Ganondorf, who could't beat him anyways. Anyways, as the creator of the thread, I was just asking who you guys thought was the STRONGEST and not most likely to win a fight, but that's just my two cents.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I really hope Shulk is in the game and gets revealed soon, if just to argue his feats in this thread.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
With Palutena in the mix now, I'd expect her to kick Ganondorf's sorry butt any day.

Same with Pit, not only in he using powerful weapons of light, but in several KI Idols, he's decribed as being the most powerful warrior in the KI version of Earth. Or volumes more powerful than Magnus, the most powerful human in the KI universe.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I also think Ike and Marth could stand up against Ganondorf. Especially Ike. Actually, it's a match that I really would love to see!

Why does everyone rate Rosalina and Palutena so high though? Could they beat Mewtwo, Ness, Samus or Ganondorf? Currently, I don't think so.

Think Donkey Kong also is very underrated. Punching a moon out of orbit, into the earth is no small feat. I'd say he could almost basically wreck anyone he could physically touch.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Reposted with added ignorance and half baked opinions.
SS::4mario::4luigi::4peach::4kirby::4sonic::4diddy::4dk::4dedede::4bowser::4yoshi::metaknight::warioc:(Because they can all be invincible forever if they become dependent on drugs tier.)
S: :pt:(Because Arceus [Uber] tier)
A::4link::4tlink::4pit::younglinkmelee:(Because more powerful beings rely on them tier)
B::4sheik::4zelda::rosalina::4palutena:(Because more powerful beings tier)
C::ganondorf:(Because a weakness is a weakness tier)
D::ness2::lucas:(Because I don't know about earthbound tier)
E::mewtwomelee::4lucario:(Because "Special" Pokemon Tier)
F::4fox::4samus::4zss::falco::wolf::4megaman:(Because Guns, Ships and "human" frailty tier)
G::4charizard::4pikachu::ivysaur::pichumelee::squirtle::jigglypuff::4greninja:(Because Pokemon tier)
H::4marth::4myfriends::roypm:(Because Guns>Swords/Idk anything about Fire Emblem tier)
I::falcon::snake:(Because Gadgets tier)
J::rob::popo::gw::4pacman:(Because robot, hammer, and 2d object tier)
K::4wiifit: :4villager: :drmario: (Because casuals tier)
L::4littlemac::4mii: (Because they're just people tier)

M: :4olimar: (Because 1 inch tall tier)

Top Bottom