• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
K. I was just wondering whether or not Peach Beam was allowed, and if it is, then would it be able to nullify Ganondorf's immunity to non-Master Sword attacks.
I didn't take the Peach Beam into account when making my arguments, largely 'cause it seems like a one-off thing and really circumstantial.

Having said that, Peach and Bowser gain the most natural abilities from the RPG's out of all of the Mario cast.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
With regards to FE characters, Marth, while being slimmer but altogether faster than Ike, could potentially kill Ganondorf, it simply wouldn't be one blow of raw power since he cannot produce as much power as Ike can. What needs to be remembered is that Marth in his own games kills Medeus both in his earth and dark dragon forms, so Marth definitely has the fighting skill to eliminate extremely powerful dark forces. So he could potentially kill Ganondorf in my mind.

Ike's matchup against Ganondorf I feel would be even easier, since as @ ChunkyBeef ChunkyBeef mentioned, Ike has serious raw power and in his games is able to defeat Ashera, who is literally the Goddess over Tellius in Radiant Dawn (granted, this was done with additional divine empowerment aside from the divinity provided by Ragnell). Since Ganondorf is not at the level of a God, and can be slain by divine weaponry, I imagine Ike would definitely be more than a match for Ganondorf. (After all, Link is able to clash somewhat evenly (sword-wise) against Ganondorf in Twilight Princess, and he is weaker than Ike is, physically).
Link is a stronger character than Marth and Ike. Golden gauntlets give him power greater than the emblemiers. Link has much more power in his swings to beat Ike and Marth. Link is more skilled, is stronger, and has a greater arsenal of weaponry. Marth and Ike may be able to hurt Ganondorf, but just like Link, they probably won't be able to do it by themselves. OoT Link is a more powerful character than emblemiers. In fire emblem you have a whole army of soldiers, take this into account. I haven't played Ike or Marths games yet, so don't piss all over me about this. If Marth or Ike get help with that boss you just said, then there will be a problem with argument.

Ganondorf>OoT Link (Golden gaunlets+Master sword)>Ike, Marth

Ganondorf can still transform into Ganon, so this would make it harder to kill him.
The emblemiers have about as much skill as Link with the sword, but Link has items that increase his strength and make him more nimble/lighter. OoT Link is a better fighter than Marth and Ike. Ganondorf from TP was injured by the sages sword and made easier for TP Link to beat. Ganondorf from TP was not fighting to his full potential and couldn't go all out like in OoT. TP Link will get killed by OoT Link, Ganondorf, Marth, Ike.

Also NES Link doesn't need a holy weapon to defeat Ganon, all he needed was silver arrows, which is most likely a weapon of light. The final "Magical Sword" is not needed to kill him. You can kill Ganon with a wooden sword. Ganondorf can be defeated with the giants knife and Ganon can be hurt by it to.

Ganondorf/Ganon can be killed by normal weapons. It's just that divine and light weapons make him more susceptible to attacks and easier to kill. He is not immune to weapons that aren't divine or light based, he is just more resistant to normal weaponry or other forms of attacks.

D

Deleted member

Link is a stronger character than Marth and Ike. Golden gauntlets give him power greater than the emblemiers. Link has much more power in his swings to beat Ike and Marth. Link is more skilled, is stronger, and has a greater arsenal of weaponry. Marth and Ike may be able to hurt Ganondorf, but just like Link, they probably won't be able to do it by themselves. OoT Link is a more powerful character than emblemiers. In fire emblem you have a whole army of soldiers, take this into account. I haven't played Ike or Marths games yet, so don't piss all over me about this. If Marth or Ike get help with that boss you just said, then there will be a problem with argument.

Ganondorf can still transform into Ganon, so this would make it harder to kill him.
The emblemiers have about as much skill as Link with the sword, but Link has items that increase his strength and make him more nimble/lighter. OoT Link is a better fighter than Marth and Ike. Ganondorf from TP was injured by the sages sword and made easier for TP Link to beat. Ganondorf from TP was not fighting to his full potential and couldn't go all out like in OoT. TP Link will get killed by OoT Link, Ganondorf, Marth, Ike.

Also NES Link doesn't need a holy weapon to defeat Ganon, all he needed was silver arrows, which is most likely a weapon of light. The final "Magical Sword" is not needed to kill him. You can kill Ganon with a wooden sword. Ganondorf can be defeated with the giants knife and Ganon can be hurt by it to.

Ganondorf/Ganon can be killed by normal weapons. It's just that divine and light weapons make him more susceptible to attacks and easier to kill. He is not immune to weapons that aren't divine or light based, he is just more resistant to normal weaponry or other forms of attacks.
It seems to me that the only thing that would put Link above Marth and Ike is the Golden Gauntlets, really, if it wasn't for them then Link wouldn't be stronger than Ike and probably even with Marth in terms of strength. On another note, the Golden Gauntlets do not magically increase Link's overall fighting skill, so there's no proof that he automatically is "more skilled" as you say, than Marth or Ike (yes he kills giant bosses, but often the bosses are made vulnerable by some additional piece of equipment that Link has and then Link deals damage with his sword, he doesn't just swing his sword at the boss and kill them). Also, Ike could definitely do it by himself (in my opinion) since in his games, he takes on the Black Knight and defeats him one on one although the Black Knight has Alondite, a blessed sword, and blessed armor and a great amount of skill and power that make him a literal walking tank.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
It seems to me that the only thing that would put Link above Marth and Ike is the Golden Gauntlets, really, if it wasn't for them then Link wouldn't be stronger than Ike and probably even with Marth in terms of strength.
There's nothing about the Golden Gauntlets that insists that it does anything for Link's strength. It increases Link's lifting power, not his actual strength. There's no indicator it's an offensive item, it doesn't increase his attack power. There's no indicator it's an defensive item, it doesn't increase his defense power. All the Golden Gauntlets let Link do is lift up those weird black granite obstacles. The Golden Gauntlet acts exactly like similar items in its vein, like Titan's Mitt.

If it actually legitimately increased Link's strength, you'd be able to wield the Biggoron Sword with one hand and the Hylian Shield with the other. Even if you don't use the shield you'd be able to dual wield the Master Sword and Biggoron Sword. Since this never occurs, the Golden Gauntlets confer absolutely no defensive or offensive bonuses.

Again, y'all gotta stop watching Death Battle. It's entertaining clickbait, but that's all it is. Entertaining clickbait.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
You make a great case here for Ganondorf being okay with holy/sacred weaponry while holding it, but there's nothing here that says he can't be hurt by them. Similarly, it's possible to kill Ganon without a sword in some games, so what does that say for Ganondorf's actual constitution? I don't think it's ONLY the Master Sword that hurts him. Yes, it's his natural counter, but what is the Master Sword if not a weapon forged by divinity? Just like Marth's Falchion and Ike's Ragnell. Both are the same exact definition of divinely forged weapon as the Master Sword is. Even if we leave out the questionable ones like the Space Animals and assume Zelda doesn't have the power solo to AT LEAST seal Ganon in a fashion that would earn her a victory, you've gotta concede that Link, Marth and Ike all have a great chance to defeat, or even kill, Ganondorf.

Similarly, I'd still say Samus has an amazing chance to win as well, 'cause the kind of technology she employs is tantamount to magic to people from Hyrule.

I'm not well versed in Fire Emblem lore either, but when I do my research for things like this, I look for parallels that fit properly to other things. Ragnell and Falchion are, for all intents and purposes, the Fire Emblem equivalents of the Master Sword, even though they don't expressly serve the same function that the Master Sword does. The definition of evil in canon like Fire Emblem and Zelda are wildly different.

It might be fairer for everyone involved if we decide who's CLEARLY outranking the rest of the cast canonically - which is still worth debating, in my opinion - and then figuring out who among the rest of the cast is the best. Splitting it up into two different categories and coming up with two different winners (or top three in each category, at least) might be the best option.

Pack it up, guys, thread's over.

Okay, you guys really gotta stop watching Death Battle.

Where, at any point in Ocarina of Time's final battle, does black granite and 1,000 tons of force (or anything even remotely close to that) ever come into the equation?

Answer: It doesn't.

It doesn't affect his actual attack strength. He never does more damage after you obtain the Golden Gauntlets. All the Golden Gauntlets do is allow Link the ability to lift things much heavier than he could possibly ever lift. It never has an affect on the final battle in Ocarina of Time 'cause Link never lifts up Ganon/Ganondorf. In fact, where the Death Battle guys get that the Golden Gauntlets can resist 1,000 tons of force is beyond me, 'cause the Golden Gauntlets aren't even a defensive item in its origin game in spite of being a gauntlet. It's an awfully broad assumption and kinda poor research on their part, probably in an attempt to logically give Link all the advantages he needed to conquer Cloud. I don't care either way, that's not particularly important.

Point is, Link's conquered Ganondorf alone. A lot of Zelda's interference was due to her simply being there. If Zelda hadn't been there it would've come down to who wins between Link and Ganondorf, and considering the timeline branches the way it does, Ganondorf's got some pretty bad odds at 1:3. A 33.333% chance of winning isn't all that good odds.

An excellent point, actually. That makes things for Ganondorf look even bleaker.

As an aside, I would argue that Ness is stronger than Lucas. Yeah, both of them have support, but Ness after Magicant is exceptionally powerful and durable. Lucas never really goes through that kind of metamorphosis. Similarly, if we assume Ness naturally acquires the Gutsy Bat afterward, he can do some truly serious damage just with melee attacks in comparison to Lucas.
Actually it's 50% chance according to the timelines.

In OOT if Link defeats Ganon he seals him in the adult time line this leading to WW. And than goes back to child and reports Ganondorf's plans to the king and than the king sends him to be executed leading to TP. This is just a time paradox with adult/child timeline.

If link loses than the events of the original Zelda start.

So really a 50/50 chance.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist

I get what your saying, but I'm judging it by the latest canon entry with Ganondorf (TP) so he seems pretty unaffected to any weapon except the master sword. Midna's super powerful relics do Jack squat to him, the sages sword doesn't do much and if you use the Ordon sword against him in the Final fight and win/stab him in the scar he pushes Link right off and continues to fight. Unless the player uses the master sword the battle would last until the player/Link loses.

Maybe he can be hurt with other weapons but using this evidence it seems very unlikely. Also I don't think Ike's or Marth's swords are any stronger than the poweful magical relics Midna used or the Sages sword.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Could Link defeat Medeus? (Marth's nemesis)
I don't see why not. Like we've argued before, even if some people prefer to ignore it, the Falchion acts similarly in origin and functionality to the Master Sword. If Marth can defeat Medeus twice, I'd say Link has a real strong chance.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
It seems to me that the only thing that would put Link above Marth and Ike is the Golden Gauntlets, really, if it wasn't for them then Link wouldn't be stronger than Ike and probably even with Marth in terms of strength. On another note, the Golden Gauntlets do not magically increase Link's overall fighting skill, so there's no proof that he automatically is "more skilled" as you say, than Marth or Ike (yes he kills giant bosses, but often the bosses are made vulnerable by some additional piece of equipment that Link has and then Link deals damage with his sword, he doesn't just swing his sword at the boss and kill them). Also, Ike could definitely do it by himself (in my opinion) since in his games, he takes on the Black Knight and defeats him one on one although the Black Knight has Alondite, a blessed sword, and blessed armor and a great amount of skill and power that make him a literal walking tank.
I didn't say the golden gauntlets give him more skill, they just give him more power in his blows. How can he gain more lifting power but not swinging/slashing/thrusting power in his sword.

Canonically they make him stronger.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Magic. That's just how magic do.

Both Marth and Ike are almost certainly much more skilled in swordplay than Link.
Nope.
I don't see why not. Like we've argued before, even if some people prefer to ignore it, the Falchion acts similarly in origin and functionality to the Master Sword. If Marth can defeat Medeus twice, I'd say Link has a real strong chance.
I just came up with another argument. Although these swords do have enough power to hurt and maybe even kill Ganondorf, they were made to target a specific type of enemy. The FE sacred sword thing may not work as well against Ganondorf as it does against Madeousesilicious and the master sword may not work as well against Madeilciouesesness as it does against Ganondorf. I'm not saying that I agree with all of this, but I'm just putting this cheap argument out there.

The Falchion was made by Naga to target dragons, not specifically evil. Naga specifically states that she is not a god. The sword is made by a shape shifting dragons tooth. A dragons weakness in fire emblem is probably another dragon. Although she may have divine power, it's not enough to match a full gods power. Hyrule has actual gods that have much more divine power than Naga. I think the divine power of Falchion is just a little bit less than the master sword, but not as weak as light based weapons.

Ike has more of a chance against Ganondorf/Ganon than Marth does. Marth will get killed by him in seconds, Ike maybe seconds. Ike has a weapon made from an actual god, or half of a god. The goddess Ashunera split herself into two seperate entities, so the ragnell isn't as strong as the master sword, which was made by actual complete gods.

Link has generations of experience, although these abilities may not be as noticeable when he's living a normal life, they do start to show once he's chosen as the hero.

OoT and TP Links are different incarnations of Link. His true potential only awakens when he is needed to save hyrule and is chosen as the hero. Since both are different incarnations of Link, they get passed down combat abilities and traits. Link has centuries of experience more than Marth and Ike and a sword with more potent divine power.

The master sword is Ganondorfs true weakness and may only be affected by other extremely powerful attacks. Until we have a futuristic zelda game where Ganondorf is killed by Link with his plasma sword, then we can throw Samus and plasma Kirby out the window.

OoT Link doesn't have a 50/50 chance against Ganondorf, he needed Zelda and the sages help to seal him away. Since he is a single character he can't have help. Even if we did lower Links percentage of winning to around 20 or 40 then Ganondorf would still have a greater chance of winning and Link would be given a loss. Percentages won't help Link, even if we were to use those then we would decide the winner by the greater number, Ganondorfs. TP Link defeated a weak, less capable Ganondorf. Zelda helped Link to weaken him some more before the last battle. In the wolf battle against him, beast Ganon had some sort of divine infection on his gut, so don't say the sages sword did nothing to him.

When deciding if a weapon is divine or not, you have to take into account who created it. One god may be less powerful than the other, not at their full potential. Hyrules gods are stronger and have greater divine power than Naga, who isn't even a real god, and Ashureerea, who split her powers in half.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Mewtwo even wearing his Inhibitor Armor is able to defeat any Pokemon, without it he reduced Cinnabar Island to ashes in minutes.

In Smash Bros he can be killed by Jigglypuff...*sighs*

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Nope.

I just came up with another argument. Although these swords do have enough power to hurt and maybe even kill Ganondorf, they were made to target a specific type of enemy. The FE sacred sword thing may not work as well against Ganondorf as it does against Madeousesilicious and the master sword may not work as well against Madeilciouesesness as it does against Ganondorf. I'm not saying that I agree with all of this, but I'm just putting this cheap argument out there.

The Falchion was made by Naga to target dragons, not specifically evil. Naga specifically states that she is not a god. The sword is made by a shape shifting dragons tooth. A dragons weakness in fire emblem is probably another dragon. Although she may have divine power, it's not enough to match a full gods power. Hyrule has actual gods that have much more divine power than Naga. I think the divine power of Falchion is just a little bit less than the master sword, but not as weak as light based weapons.

Ike has more of a chance against Ganondorf/Ganon than Marth does. Marth will get killed by him in seconds, Ike maybe seconds. Ike has a weapon made from an actual god, or half of a god. The goddess Ashunera split herself into two seperate entities, so the ragnell isn't as strong as the master sword, which was made by actual complete gods.

Link has generations of experience, although these abilities may not be as noticeable when he's living a normal life, they do start to show once he's chosen as the hero.

OoT and TP Links are different incarnations of Link. His true potential only awakens when he is needed to save hyrule and is chosen as the hero. Since both are different incarnations of Link, they get passed down combat abilities and traits. Link has centuries of experience more than Marth and Ike and a sword with more potent divine power.

The master sword is Ganondorfs true weakness and may only be affected by other extremely powerful attacks. Until we have a futuristic zelda game where Ganondorf is killed by Link with his plasma sword, then we can throw Samus and plasma Kirby out the window.

OoT Link doesn't have a 50/50 chance against Ganondorf, he needed Zelda and the sages help to seal him away. Since he is a single character he can't have help. Even if we did lower Links percentage of winning to around 20 or 40 then Ganondorf would still have a greater chance of winning and Link would be given a loss. Percentages won't help Link, even if we were to use those then we would decide the winner by the greater number, Ganondorfs. TP Link defeated a weak, less capable Ganondorf. Zelda helped Link to weaken him some more before the last battle. In the wolf battle against him, beast Ganon had some sort of divine infection on his gut, so don't say the sages sword did nothing to him.

When deciding if a weapon is divine or not, you have to take into account who created it. One god may be less powerful than the other, not at their full potential. Hyrules gods are stronger and have greater divine power than Naga, who isn't even a real god, and Ashureerea, who split her powers in half.
Link killed Ganondorf without Zelda's help no problem.Also Zelda didn't even help Link defeat Ganon, all she did was help seal him, Ganon would still be defeated, he's just impossible to kill, much like Link. The spirit of demise would continue to come back in some form, the sages just bought Link more time. Also Ganondorf in Twilight Princess is just as powerful as OoT Ganon. For the reason of experience, just like you said, Ganon also has generations of experience. As we know that Vaati has the same spirit of Demise within him too.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Mewtwo even wearing his Inhibitor Armor is able to defeat any Pokemon, without it he reduced Cinnabar Island to ashes in minutes.

In Smash Bros he can be killed by Jigglypuff...*sighs*
There's plenty of evidence that Pokedex entries are fabricated and that the actual strength of Pokemon is grossly exaggerated. Why are there Pokemon that can apparently control space and time, emotions, all kinds of things when they never actually do? Groudon and Kyogre are considered legendaries because they create sunlight and rain, but who cares? There are Pokemon that do that without batting an eyelash, and they're presumably considerably weaker. Rayquaza has the natural ability to lock weather effects, but so what? So can Golduck. Why can a presumably omnipotent 'creator of all Pokemon' be captured, tamed and fed cupcakes by a ten year old boy/girl? Because they're not actually as powerful as they're made out to be.

Honestly, all those instances of legendary Pokemon doing nothing particularly amazing outside the anime supports the argument, and no-one should ever use an anime for reference that is inconsistent as hell and that is fine with giving legendary Pokemon to a random trainer with absolutely no backstory. That stuff, along with the movies, is inconsistent and exaggerated due to the nature of it appealing to its target audience. By that I mean, little kids. Which is why for canon sake, we take from the video games exclusively.

Also, Mewtwo never 'reduced Cinnabar Island to ashes in minutes.'. He wrecked a mansion/laboratory on Cinnabar Island in a few minutes and then flew away. Really, if Mewtwo was anywhere near as powerful as we assume him to be, he'd have essentially wiped the mansion clear off the foundation.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
There's plenty of evidence that Pokedex entries are fabricated and that the actual strength of Pokemon is grossly exaggerated. Why are there Pokemon that can apparently control space and time, emotions, all kinds of things when they never actually do? Groudon and Kyogre are considered legendaries because they create sunlight and rain, but who cares? There are Pokemon that do that without batting an eyelash, and they're presumably considerably weaker. Rayquaza has the natural ability to lock weather effects, but so what? So can Golduck. Why can a presumably omnipotent 'creator of all Pokemon' be captured, tamed and fed cupcakes by a ten year old boy/girl? Honestly, between all that instances of legendary Pokemon doing nothing particularly amazing outside the anime and, honestly, no-one should ever use an anime for reference that is inconsistent as hell and that is fine with giving legendary Pokemon to a random trainer with absolutely no backstory. That stuff, along with the movies, is inconsistent and exaggerated due to the nature of it appealing to its target audience. By that I mean, little kids. Which is why for canon sake, we take from the video games exclusively.

Also, Mewtwo never 'reduced Cinnabar Island to ashes in minutes.'. He wrecked a mansion/laboratory on Cinnabar Island in a few minutes and then flew away. Really, if Mewtwo was anywhere near as powerful as we assume him to be, he'd have essentially wiped the mansion clear off the foundation.
Yeah but realistically do you think Mewtwo can be defeated by Jigglypuff? There's an obvious answer to that

D

Deleted member

Yeah but realistically do you think Mewtwo can be defeated by Jigglypuff? There's an obvious answer to that
It is possible, as long as Jigglypuff has a higher level and better EVs, he can potentially defeat Mewtwo

Lozjam

Smash Champion
There's plenty of evidence that Pokedex entries are fabricated and that the actual strength of Pokemon is grossly exaggerated. Why are there Pokemon that can apparently control space and time, emotions, all kinds of things when they never actually do? Groudon and Kyogre are considered legendaries because they create sunlight and rain, but who cares? There are Pokemon that do that without batting an eyelash, and they're presumably considerably weaker. Rayquaza has the natural ability to lock weather effects, but so what? So can Golduck. Why can a presumably omnipotent 'creator of all Pokemon' be captured, tamed and fed cupcakes by a ten year old boy/girl? Because they're not actually as powerful as they're made out to be.

Honestly, between all that instances of legendary Pokemon doing nothing particularly amazing outside the anime and, honestly, no-one should ever use an anime for reference that is inconsistent as hell and that is fine with giving legendary Pokemon to a random trainer with absolutely no backstory. That stuff, along with the movies, is inconsistent and exaggerated due to the nature of it appealing to its target audience. By that I mean, little kids. Which is why for canon sake, we take from the video games exclusively.

When it comes to the mansion on Cinnabar island, Mewtwo was scared and he just wanted to get away. He was also really new to his powers. He could have been level 5 for all we know. But as for the legendaries, they want to be caught. In most games the legendaries give the trainer a chance because they felt they were worthy. There is a reason why only the protagonist/n truly caught them. The other organizations need to use some sort of machine. Also pokeballs are very advanced and is in one of the most advanced civilizations in nintendo history. And pokemon are animals, compared to the technology.

Booster

Smash Lord
Well besides Pokemon I'd have to say that Canon-Wise, Sonic is the most powerful because he can go Super Saiyan. He's defeated a being of pure chaos, a monster that controls time, a dark force within the earth, Outran a supposedly faster Metal Sonic, defeated a giant Space Lizard, not to mention later on in the series he defeats Chaos without going Super, showing how much stronger he's become since 1998. If it wasn't for the fact his Super Form has a time limit, he might even be able to take on Goku.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
In the realm of Smash Brothers, it's possible, 'cause that's just how it works.

In a game sense, canonically, when we consider who's the strongest, we also have to consider the evidence we have. Mewtwo can't be controlled by his creators and science, but Mewtwo can be conquered by a ten year old. You see where there's a problem here? The games want you to think the Pokemon are awesome and amazing because awesome and amazing sells. People love Charizard and rightfully so. If we take his Pokedex entry at face value, he can produce flames so hot it MELTS SOLID ROCK. That's amazing, and the funny thing is that's just gravy on top of the delicious potatoes, 'cause Charizard looks friggin' awesome.

Having said that, very few Pokemon actually live up to their Pokedex entries. If Hitmonchan can punch at bullet train speeds, it should be damn near impossible to actually beat one. 310 MPH punches are NOTHING to sneeze at. What if we consider Mach Punch? A single Mach is 770 MPH. A Pokemon with Mach Punch breaks the sound barrier. Anything with Mach Punch should feasibly ANNIHILATE anything it hits, as well as itself. The kind of force it would put on itself going from 0 to 770 MPH in seconds should feasibly tear a Pokemon apart, and whoever it happens to hit, if it even gets close enough to hit it. While we're on the topic of Mach Punch and Mach Speed, why don't more people use Pidgeot?

This Pokémon flies at Mach 2 speed, seeking prey.
Pidgeot flies at Mach 2. That's 1,540 MPH.

How about Heracross?

With its Herculean powers, it can easily throw around an object that is 100 times its own weight.
Heracross weighs 119 lbs., so it can lift 119,000 lbs, or about 60 tons. It can almost single-handedly lift the space shuttle. Forget using enormous moving equipment to move that space shuttle, guys, just grab a couple Heracross!

But wait! There's more!

Chesnaught:
"Its Tackle is forceful enough to flip a 50-ton tank. It shields its allies from danger with its own body."
It can flip a fifty ton tank? It can literally lift and flip a fifty ton tank? That's the equivalent of lifting and flipping FIFTY GROUDON ALL AT ONCE.

Gardevoir:
"To protect its Trainer, it will expend all its psychic power to create a small black hole."
JESUS H. CHRIST ON A CRACKER, GARDEVOIR MAKES BLACK HOLES IF ITS TRAINER IS IN DANGER!?

Not convinced that Pokedex entries are 100% fabricated bullcrap? Here we goooooooo!

Pyroar:
"With fiery breath of more than 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit, they viciously threaten any challenger. The females protect the pride's cubs."
Yes, Pyroar generates fire breath that's ALMOST THREE TIMES MORE POWERFUL than Charizard's! PYROAR GENERATES HEAT EQUAL TO THE SURFACE OF THE FRIGGIN' SUN!

"Gosh, ChunkyBeef," you say. "These Pokemon are extremely powerful! But what about the serene, graceful Water-types! Surely they can't kill or maim me!"

WRONG!

Dragalge:

"Their poison is strong enough to eat through the hull of a tanker, and they spit it indiscriminately at anything that enters their territory."
Dragalge has a poison it can spit at you that can dissolve you in minutes if it gets on you. Worse, it shoots it INDISCRIMINATELY at ANYTHING IT DAMN WELL PLEASES.

Oh, man, but let's give Dragalge the benefit of the doubt! Surely the waters in a place like Kalos aren't that bad, right?

Clawitzer:
"Their enormous claws launch cannonballs of water powerful enough to pierce tanker hulls."
So, it's enough to essentially put a hole into you if it wants to.

In conclusion, all of the Pokedex entries are fabricated. They're fabricated BY CHILDREN. Worse, there's evidence they're fabricated BY YOUR CHARACTER, THE PROTAGONIST. You're catching Pokemon NO-ONE ELSE HAS EVER CAUGHT BEFORE, SOMETIMES, HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN BEFORE. Your protagonist is literally MAKING UP EVERYTHING ABOUT THESE POKEMON.

Therefore, all Pokemon's powers are, for the most part, grossly exaggerated and, frankly, the more I look into the topic of Pokemon's canonical powers the more I'm convinced that Mewtwo could get whipped by Ness and Lucas, two psionics whose powers aren't grossly exaggerated and we have actual legitimate proof of their power.

When it comes to the mansion on Cinnabar island, Mewtwo was scared and he just wanted to get away. He was also really new to his powers. He could have been level 5 for all we know. But as for the legendaries, they want to be caught. In most games the legendaries give the trainer a chance because they felt they were worthy. There is a reason why only the protagonist/n truly caught them. The other organizations need to use some sort of machine. Also pokeballs are very advanced and is in one of the most advanced civilizations in nintendo history. And pokemon are animals, compared to the technology.
Yeah, the Pokeball is some sophisticated technology, not especially if they can make different kinds to suit different levels of income that have different and varying levels of effectiveness.

There's every bit of evidence, on the other hand, against these Legendary Pokemon wanting you to fight and catch them. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, if they want to fight they most certainly don't want to be caught, because I'm not sure if you've ever tried catching some of those legendaries, but they are FFFFFAAARRRR less willing to be caught than the average Pokemon. There's a reason why they have astronomical catch rates. No Pokemon ever seems to WANT to be caught. That's silly anime/movie stuff.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord

In a game sense, canonically, when we consider who's the strongest, we also have to consider the evidence we have. Mewtwo can't be controlled by his creators and science, but Mewtwo can be conquered by a ten year old. You see where there's a problem here? The games want you to think the Pokemon are awesome and amazing because awesome and amazing sells. People love Charizard and rightfully so. If we take his Pokedex entry at face value, he can produce flames so hot it MELTS SOLID ROCK. That's amazing, and the funny thing is that's just gravy on top of the delicious potatoes, 'cause Charizard looks friggin' awesome.

Having said that, very few Pokemon actually live up to their Pokedex entries. If Hitmonchan can punch at bullet train speeds, it should be damn near impossible to actually beat one. 310 MPH punches are NOTHING to sneeze at. What if we consider Mach Punch? A single Mach is 770 MPH. A Pokemon with Mach Punch breaks the sound barrier. Anything with Mach Punch should feasibly ANNIHILATE anything it hits, as well as itself. The kind of force it would put on itself going from 0 to 770 MPH in seconds should feasibly tear a Pokemon apart, and whoever it happens to hit, if it even gets close enough to hit it. While we're on the topic of Mach Punch and Mach Speed, why don't more people use Pidgeot?

How about Heracross?

Heracross weighs 119 lbs., so it can lift 119,000 lbs, or about 60 tons. It can almost single-handedly lift the space shuttle. Forget using enormous moving equipment to move that space shuttle, guys, just grab a couple Heracross!

But wait! There's more!

Chesnaught:

It can flip a fifty ton tank? It can literally lift and flip a fifty ton tank? That's the equivalent of lifting and flipping FIFTY GROUDON ALL AT ONCE.

Gardevoir:

JESUS H. CHRIST ON A CRACKER, GARDEVOIR MAKES BLACK HOLES IF ITS TRAINER IS IN DANGER!?

Not convinced that Pokedex entries are 100% fabricated bullcrap? Here we goooooooo!

Pyroar:

Yes, Pyroar generates fire breath that's ALMOST THREE TIMES MORE POWERFUL than Charizard's! PYROAR GENERATES HEAT EQUAL TO THE SURFACE OF THE FRIGGIN' SUN!

"Gosh, ChunkyBeef," you say. "These Pokemon are extremely powerful! But what about the serene, graceful Water-types! Surely they can't kill or maim me!"

WRONG!

Dragalge:

Dragalge has a poison it can spit at you that can dissolve you in minutes if it gets on you. Worse, it shoots it INDISCRIMINATELY at ANYTHING IT DAMN WELL PLEASES.

Oh, man, but let's give Dragalge the benefit of the doubt! Surely the waters in a place like Kalos aren't that bad, right?

Clawitzer:

In conclusion, all of the Pokedex entries are fabricated. They're fabricated BY CHILDREN. Worse, there's evidence they're fabricated BY YOUR CHARACTER, THE PROTAGONIST. You're catching Pokemon NO-ONE ELSE HAS EVER CAUGHT BEFORE, SOMETIMES, HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN BEFORE. Your protagonist is literally MAKING UP EVERYTHING ABOUT THESE POKEMON.

Yeah, the Pokeball is some sophisticated technology, not especially if they can make different kinds to suit different levels of income that have different and varying levels of effectiveness.

There's every bit of evidence, on the other hand, against these Legendary Pokemon wanting you to fight and catch them. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, if they want to fight they most certainly don't want to be caught, because I'm not sure if you've ever tried catching some of those legendaries, but they are FFFFFAAARRRR less willing to be caught than the average Pokemon. There's a reason why they have astronomical catch rates. No Pokemon ever seems to WANT to be caught. That's silly anime/movie stuff.
So what do you think of my Sonic Theory? There's no way he would lose canonwise unless you've heard of Sonic Labyrinth (WORST SONIC GAME EVER)

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
So what do you think of my Sonic Theory? There's no way he would lose canonwise unless you've heard of Sonic Labyrinth (WORST SONIC GAME EVER)
I'd have to actually do some research into it. There's already a ton of evidence of Sonic not actually being as fast as he's made out to be, and if we ignore the comics version of Sonic and just consider the game version, we're working with a far weaker and less intimidating Sonic. Similarly, a lot of Smashers could feasibly beat Sonic, it all probably boils down to reaction time and who can outlast the inevitable Super Sonic transformation. Since it typically only lasts about 50 seconds (if we consider how many rings you need for the transformation in the old school games), I'd say Sonic's odds of topping the list aren't as good as it seems to be on paper.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Link killed Ganondorf without Zelda's help no problem.Also Zelda didn't even help Link defeat Ganon, all she did was help seal him, Ganon would still be defeated, he's just impossible to kill, much like Link. The spirit of demise would continue to come back in some form, the sages just bought Link more time. Also Ganondorf in Twilight Princess is just as powerful as OoT Ganon. For the reason of experience, just like you said, Ganon also has generations of experience. As we know that Vaati has the same spirit of Demise within him too.
If they are killed, sealed away, or made incapable of fighting for extremely long periods of time, then it counts as a defeat. We can only count one incarnation of demise, since other villains are not the same entity/being/person as Ganondorf. You can't just say that Ganondorf will come back as Vaati because he already existed before Ganondorf. You also can't say that he will be resurrected in about one hundred or five years since he has already been killed. Either way, Link could have killed Ganondorf by himself in OoT, but his chances of winning would have been lowered below Ganons without Zelda. The strength and skill depends on the incarnation of Link. As I said before NES and LttP Link are probably the strongest yet, but they are not playable.

I'm still waiting for someone to argue with me about the Falchion and Ragnell statement.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

How about Heracross?

But wait! There's more!

Chesnaught:

Gardevoir:

Pyroar:

WRONG!

Dragalge:

Clawitzer:

Therefore, all Pokemon's powers are, for the most part, grossly exaggerated and, frankly, the more I look into the topic of Pokemon's canonical powers the more I'm convinced that Mewtwo could get whipped by Ness and Lucas, two psionics whose powers aren't grossly exaggerated and we have actual legitimate proof of their power.

How do you explain suicune in crystal? This pokemon helps you throughout your adventure, and then finally stands still to give you a chance to capture it. Of course the pokemon want to put up a fight, that's to see you are worthy, but they will give you a chance because of the things you did in-game. It's a challenge to them yes, but they want to be challenged. There is also dialogue in game to prove it.
"Arceus has accepted you as a Trainer. Arceus, having shaped the world, is said to show you a glimpse of its true power. The power of possibly making life appear out of nothing..."

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I'm going to do this again.

Wins
Captain Falcon
Bowser
Charizard
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Dr.Mario
Falco
Fox
Greninja
Ice Climbers
Ike
Jigglypuff
King Dedede
Link (OoT, TP)
Little Mac
Lucario
Lucas
Luigi
Ness
Mario
Marth
Mega Man
Metaknight
Mewtwo
Mr.Game & Watch
Olimar
Peach
Pichu
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
R.O.B.
Rosalina
Roy
Sheik
Snake
Toon Link
Villager
Wario
Wii Fit Trainer
Yoshi
Young Link
Zelda (OoT, TP)
Zero Suit Samus

Loses
Kirby
Samus
Pit

Link (SS)

How dense does a planet have to be at the least? I'm pretty sure that's not a planet made of glass and dirt. Kirbys planet is not small and even if it was it would still take an extreme amount of force to crack it nearly in half. Along with Kirbys other abilities like plasma, he should be even with or outmatch Samus's plamsa shot. He can suck up anything and eat it or take their powers, using it just as well or even better than the original users. Kirby can take Ganons powers and obtain strength equal or close to the triforce of power, or he could just suck him up, swallow, and not take his powers, but turn him into a snack. Kirby can eat anything.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I'm going to do this again.

Wins
Captain Falcon
Bowser
Charizard
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Dr.Mario
Falco
Fox
Greninja
Ice Climbers
Ike
Jigglypuff
King Dedede
Link (OoT, TP)
Little Mac
Lucario
Lucas
Luigi
Ness
Mario
Marth
Mega Man
Metaknight
Mewtwo
Mr.Game & Watch
Olimar
Peach
Pichu
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
R.O.B.
Rosalina
Roy
Sheik
Snake
Toon Link
Villager
Wario
Wii Fit Trainer
Yoshi
Young Link
Zelda (OoT, TP)
Zero Suit Samus

Loses
Kirby
Samus
Pit

Link (SS)

How dense does a planet have to be at the least? I'm pretty sure that's not a planet made of glass and dirt. Kirbys planet is not small and even if it was it would still take an extreme amount of force to crack it nearly in half. Along with Kirbys other abilities like plasma, he should be even with or outmatch Samus's plamsa shot. He can suck up anything and eat it or take their powers, using it just as well or even better than the original users. Kirby can take Ganons powers and obtain strength equal or close to the triforce of power, or he could just suck him up, swallow, and not take his powers, but turn him into a snack. Kirby can eat anything.
Well if Ganons sword or trident is like the master sword, kirby would burn up, from exposure. The dark energy would also be too much for kirby to consume. Also kirby actually eating Ganondorf is slim, Gabondorf can just float above kirby, and kirby can't suck and fly at the same time. There are also powers of teleportation, and there's the fact that kirby is sort of weak health wise. Touching a waddle dee does a considerable amount of health, so Ganondorf's energy blast would do a lot to him. Also what you guys are all forgetting is the triforce trio can just cover the land in some fashion(Ganondorf can do it on will, but Zelda and Link could probably use the triforce and or the energy from the broken mirror of twilight. Everyone either turns into spirits and or monsters, and it's a pretty easy win. Plus there is the sacred realm/dark world and lorule, also link has time travel and warping skills, if the fight isn't going well, he can leave and recuperate.)

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
How do you explain suicune in crystal? This pokemon helps you throughout your adventure, and then finally stands still to give you a chance to capture it. Of course the pokemon want to put up a fight, that's to see you are worthy, but they will give you a chance because of the things you did in-game. It's a challenge to them yes, but they want to be challenged. There is also dialogue in game to prove it.
"Arceus has accepted you as a Trainer. Arceus, having shaped the world, is said to show you a glimpse of its true power. The power of possibly making life appear out of nothing..."
Suicune:

In the case of Suicune, all that really says is that there are sometimes exceptions to the rule, but it's unfair to simply say 'Well, Suicune holds still for you in Crystal!' when in every other incarnation Suicune takes off the moment it spots you.

Arceus:

In the case of Arceus, it should be noted that the actual event for Arceus was never released in its origin games, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. The only way to legitimately acquire an Arceus is to get the Movie 12 Arceus or any of the numerous Nintendo Event Releases of the actual Pokemon, and because those are actual events promoted by Nintendo, it doesn't actually count as legitimately catching it. No plot points like that actually happen in the legitimate event battle with Arceus (I should know, I used my friend's Action Replay to unlock the events in DPPl). In fact, the whole event is pretty uneventful. You climb some stairs to the Pokemon God, talk to it and stuff it into a ball. Real exciting stuff.

So besides the fact that Arceus is never canonically captured, that isn't to say that he's not capable of being canonically captured. If you can capture Pokemon that can control time, space and dimensions, there's nothing that says you can't capture what's essentially God. Finally, as for Arceus creating a Palkia, Dialga or Giratina for you, I think it's fair to consider all those Nintendo-hosted events are non-canonical because these are events set in motion by a Pokemon that you never legitimately capture.

Similarly, that flavor text you quoted appears when Cynthia tells you that. How would she even know that it's accepted you as its trainer? Does she just kinda guess? I mean, if Arceus is as powerful as it says it is, why doesn't it telepathically say 'Hey, I'm impressed with you and I totally want to make you a baby Dialga, Palkia or Giratina. Take your pick.'. For that matter, why doesn't EVERY Psychic Pokemon communicate telepathically with you?

The answer may shock you: Pokemon's power and abilities are grossly exaggerated.

Anyway, the average wild Pokemon don't usually put up a fight to see if you're worthy. The average wild Pokemon fights for its life and struggles because it's essentially in danger of being mind controlled and sent to fight for its next meal. Nintendo just does a real cute job of sugar coating it. Naturally, there are exceptions to the rule, but the fact that there's a struggle at all says everything that needs to be said.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Suicune:

In the case of Suicune, all that really says is that there are sometimes exceptions to the rule, but it's unfair to simply say 'Well, Suicune holds still for you in Crystal!' when in every other incarnation Suicune takes off the moment it spots you.

Arceus:

In the case of Arceus, it should be noted that the actual event for Arceus was never released in its origin games, Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. The only way to legitimately acquire an Arceus is to get the Movie 12 Arceus or any of the numerous Nintendo Event Releases of the actual Pokemon, and because those are actual events promoted by Nintendo, it doesn't actually count as legitimately catching it. No plot points like that actually happen in the legitimate event battle with Arceus (I should know, I used my friend's Action Replay to unlock the events in DPPl). In fact, the whole event is pretty uneventful. You climb some stairs to the Pokemon God, talk to it and stuff it into a ball. Real exciting stuff.

So besides the fact that Arceus is never canonically captured, that isn't to say that he's not capable of being canonically captured. If you can capture Pokemon that can control time, space and dimensions, there's nothing that says you can't capture what's essentially God. Finally, as for Arceus creating a Palkia, Dialga or Giratina for you, I think it's fair to consider all those Nintendo-hosted events are non-canonical because these are events set in motion by a Pokemon that you never legitimately capture.

Similarly, that flavor text you quoted appears when Cynthia tells you that. How would she even know that it's accepted you as its trainer? Does she just kinda guess? I mean, if Arceus is as powerful as it says it is, why doesn't it telepathically say 'Hey, I'm impressed with you and I totally want to make you a baby Dialga, Palkia or Giratina. Take your pick.'. For that matter, why doesn't EVERY Psychic Pokemon communicate telepathically with you?

Anyway, the average wild Pokemon don't usually put up a fight to see if you're worthy. The average wild Pokemon fights for its life and struggles because it's essentially in danger of being mind controlled and sent to fight for its next meal. Nintendo just does a real cute job of sugar coating it. Naturally, there are exceptions to the rule, but the fact that there's a struggle at all says everything that needs to be said.
Cynthia can tell the feelings of pokemon, it's very similar to N, who can actually talk to pokemon. Plus legendaries are a lot smarter than your average pokemon, it's like when Ho-Oh saw the dead pokemon on burned tower, and resurrected them into the 3 legendary dogs. It's like how raquazza noticed that groudon and kyogre fighting could destroy the world, so it intervened. It's like how the three lake pokemon helped your character in the distortion world in platinum. It's like how the three justice pokemon presented themselves to the protagonist in black and white 2, even though they hate humans. They literally came up to your character to help you. It's like how Lugia sealed himself away to prevent his misuse. It's like how Mewtwo went into hiding, to get away from people. It's like how Zekrom/Reshiram literally come out to you to help your battle against N. Reshiram/Zekrom tells N that pokemon are better off with trainers. How do you explain all of that? These pokemon are smart, and they know what goes on and are aware of it. They are aware that they are being caught, and they want to be caught as long as they are worthy.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Cynthia can tell the feelings of pokemon, it's very similar to N, who can actually talk to pokemon.
Practically everything that the Pokedex says is done, or flavor text/history says is done, by a Pokemon usually has no evidence to back it up. We rarely see these things happen in game, and things that DO happen are kinda lackluster.

Plus legendaries are a lot smarter than your average pokemon, it's like when Ho-Oh saw the dead pokemon on burned tower, and resurrected them into the 3 legendary dogs.
We never see this happen, this is just hearsay. It's one thing to say 'Oh, it has the power to revive things!', but it's another to see it happen. People are just like 'Gosh, the legendary dogs came out of the burned tower, so they must have been resurrected by Ho-Oh, glory be!', when the reality is that they were likely there all along. I mean, how does anyone know that three Pokemon died in the fire? The legend says that Ho-Oh returns immediately after the fire is put out, so.. yeah, I mean, really.

Not to mention, the tower burns down ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY YEARS before the events of Gold/Silver/Crystal, so who would seriously know? There's no evidence AGAINST Ho-Oh reviving three dead Pokemon into the Legendary Dogs, but if we assume Gold canonically captures Suicune, Raikou and Entei..

.. why the hell are they running around in other games? The timeline goes like this:

Just more evidence that the legendary dogs existed long before the Burned Tower's infamous fire, and they are, apparently, not unique.. and I doubt Ho-Oh's flyin' all over the world indiscriminately reviving dead Pokemon into Legendary Dogs. Similarly, the Legendary Birds are flying around Kalos. What the heck for?

It's like how raquazza noticed that groudon and kyogre fighting could destroy the world, so it intervened.
Ah, one of the few things that we actually get to see! As I said before, Pokemon summoning sunshine and rain isn't particularly impressive, but it's worth noting that Rayquaza only notices Kyogre and Groudon fighting because the protagonist literally walks up to Rayquaza, wakes it up and is all like 'Yo, your kids are fighting, go break that **** up before they become minor inconveniences.'.

It's like how the three lake pokemon helped your character in the distortion world in platinum.
This I'll give you. Why the hell are they even there? Be right back, gonna hit the books.

I checked into this. After further research, it shows they show up to help the protagonist because they're literally right there and can float right in and out of the Distortion World. Plus, they help you out a little bit with a puzzle and wander off. Uh, interesting, I guess? Not particularly impressive, but interesting? Plus, I also noticed something interesting: the lake trio are clearly not particularly as powerful as they're made out to be if they can't control Dialga AND Palkia. Chalk another one up for me!

It's like how the three justice pokemon presented themselves to the protagonist in black and white 2, even though they hate humans. They literally came up to your character to help you.
I'm genuinely exhausted here and the information is going to require more information than I'm willing to dig up, so I'll give you this one.

It's like how Lugia sealed himself away to prevent his misuse. It's like how Mewtwo went into hiding, to get away from people. It's like how Zekrom/Reshiram literally come out to you to help your battle against N. Reshiram/Zekrom tells N that pokemon are better off with trainers. How do you explain all of that? These pokemon are smart, and they know what goes on and are aware of it. They are aware that they are being caught, and they want to be caught as long as they are worthy.
Most of this evidence is circumstantial and plot related. Like I said, there's exceptions to the rules and some of them are here. The Legendary Pokemon are smart, I'll give you that, smart enough to want to get caught by someone worthy (and who has millions of Pokedollars to spend on Pokeballs, apparently).. but not all of them do. Mewtwo fights you tooth and nail, as do Groudon, Rayquaza and Kyogre, among many others.

That still doesn't really give us any evidence that Pokemon are as strong as they're lauded to be. I'm willing to admit that they're clearly strong enough to be used in war, since the history mentions SEVERAL wars, and NPC's hint at them in-game as well. So they probably have destructive prowess topping out around the kind of damage output of tanks, artillery and helicopters, because there's no hints I can recall that these are really used in said wars.

If there were tanks, Chesnaught probably tackled 'em all over, right?

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Practically everything that the Pokedex says is done, or flavor text/history says is done, by a Pokemon usually has no evidence to back it up. We rarely see these things happen in game, and things that DO happen are kinda lackluster.

We never see this happen, this is just hearsay. It's one thing to say 'Oh, it has the power to revive things!', but it's another to see it happen. People are just like 'Gosh, the legendary dogs came out of the burned tower, so they must have been resurrected by Ho-Oh, glory be!', when the reality is that they were likely there all along. I mean, how does anyone know that three Pokemon died in the fire? The legend says that Ho-Oh returns immediately after the fire is put out, so.. yeah, I mean, really.

Not to mention, the tower burns down ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY YEARS before the events of Gold/Silver/Crystal, so who would seriously know? There's no evidence AGAINST Ho-Oh reviving three dead Pokemon into the Legendary Dogs, but if we assume Gold canonically captures Suicune, Raikou and Entei..

.. why the hell are they running around Kalos? The timeline goes like this:

Just more evidence that the legendary dogs existed long before the Burned Tower's infamous fire, and they are, apparently, not unique.. and I doubt Ho-Oh's flyin' all over the world indiscriminately reviving dead Pokemon into Legendary Dogs.

Ah, one of the few things that we actually get to see! As I said before, Pokemon summoning sunshine and rain isn't particularly impressive, but it's worth noting that Rayquaza only notices Kyogre and Groudon fighting because the protagonist literally walks up to Rayquaza, wakes it up and is all like 'Yo, your kids are fighting, go break that **** up before they become minor inconveniences.'.

This I'll give you. Why the hell are they even there? Be right back, gonna hit the books.

I checked into this. After further research, it shows they show up to help the protagonist because they're literally right there and can float right in and out of the Distortion World. Plus, they help you out a little bit with a puzzle and wander off. Uh, interesting, I guess? Not particularly impressive, but interesting? Plus, I also noticed something interesting: the lake trio are clearly not particularly as powerful as they're made out to be if they can't control Dialga AND Palkia. Chalk another one up for me!

I'm genuinely exhausted here and the information is going to require more information than I'm willing to dig up, so I'll give you this one.

Most of this evidence is circumstantial and plot related. Like I said, there's exceptions to the rules and some of them are here. The Legendary Pokemon are smart, I'll give you that, smart enough to want to get caught by someone worthy (and who has millions of Pokedollars to spend on Pokeballs, apparently).. but not all of them do. Mewtwo fights you tooth and nail, as do Groudon, Rayquaza and Kyogre, among many others.

That still doesn't really give us any evidence that Pokemon are as strong as they're lauded to be. I'm willing to admit that they're clearly strong enough to be used in war, since the history mentions SEVERAL wars, and NPC's hint at them in-game as well. So they probably have destructive prowess topping out around the kind of damage output of tanks, artillery and helicopters, because there's no hints I can recall that these are really used in said wars.

If there were tanks, Chesnaught probably tackled 'em all over, right?
If it specifically states it, in game, it is canon. For the legendary dogs, it's stated specifically how they are created, and fans speculate that those pokemon were evee's too. Just because we didn't see Hylia create skyloft, doesn't mean she isn't created. Just because we don't see the Chozo make the structures an building in metroid prime, doesn't make them non-chozoian. As for why they are running around at other places, we can assume all the protagonists release their legendaries once their adventure is over. Also each pokemon game is in it's own parallel world. There is only one arceus, yet you can see them if you look at other trainers. Each pokemon game is it's own parallel world and can be grouped like so. Red and silver, blue and gold, crystal and yellow. These games are actually sort of sequels to each other, yet they are parallels. This is sort of a same concept as with the zelda timeline. It goes the same for each and every pokemon game, how else could you have multiple Gary's, N's, ect.
Groudon and Kyogre are more powerful than you think. They can literally dry up the world, and flood it as seen in game.
As for tooth and nail thing, I think not. Mewtwo probably had someone wait and guard cerulean cave, until someone worthy came. Also sure Groudon, Kyogre, and pokemon like Giratina are a little peeved, but then the protagonist exerts his dominance much like a dog, and snap them back into their senses.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
If it specifically states it, in game, it is canon. For the legendary dogs, it's stated specifically how they are created, and fans speculate that those pokemon were evee's too. Just because we didn't see Hylia create skyloft, doesn't mean she isn't created. Just because we don't see the Chozo make the structures an building in metroid prime, doesn't make them non-chozoian. As for why they are running around at other places, we can assume all the protagonists release their legendaries once their adventure is over.
Groudon and Kyogre are more powerful than you think. They can literally dry up the world, and flood it as seen in game.
That's not necessarily true. You use the Skyloft/Hylia comparison, but we have EVIDENCE THAT THIS OCCURS. We have legitimate proof that the Goddesses have done things and because we have that evidence, we don't have to see it happen because it's assumed. They're omnipotent. They have power. We have proof that they did things. The Triforce, the Master Sword, the Hylian Shield, Nayru's Love/Din's Fire/Farore's Wind, all of these things and more all exist as evidence. These are all things that no-one else really has the power to create but the Goddesses in that lore.

We know the Chozo make their technology because there's canon backstory and all the evidence in the world we'd need to prove this happened, and if that's not enough for you, I'd say the fact that Chozo technology left sitting on pedestals IN THEIR LIKENESS reacting to Samus's Power Suit should be enough to realize the Chozo made those things.

On the other hand, the NPC's and books in Pokemon say 'HEY THIS ALL HAPPENED.', but there's no evidence to back that up. It's reasonable to be skeptical of that information BECAUSE of the lack of evidence. We never see Ho-Oh revive Pokemon, but everyone insists it can. Well, I'm here to say that it.. actually can't, 'cause if it could, WAY more people would be seeking it out to revive their precious dead Pokemon.

Groudon and Kyogre never really have the power to dry up the world or flood it as people think, because the game translates these abilities as weather effects that AREN'T EVEN MORE INTENSE THAN WHAT YOU ALREADY FIND IN THE GAME. It's rain and sunlight. If there's any legitimate danger that came from the Kyogre and Groudon encounter, it was that heavy cloud cover across the world would've thrust the world into a new ice age after a year or two. There's also no such thing as strong sunlight, either; it's just a cute, convenient excuse to power up Fire and Grass-types. How do you get stronger sunlight short of legitimately pushing the Earth closer to the sun? Strong earthquakes adjust Earth's position in space something like an inch. It's not necessarily the dire emergency the game makes it out to be because if it was, they'd not let you do whatever you want after you realize you can't safely stop them fighting.

As for tooth and nail thing, I think not. Mewtwo probably had someone wait and guard cerulean cave, until someone worthy came. Also sure Groudon, Kyogre, and pokemon like Giratina are a little peeved, but then the protagonist exerts his dominance much like a dog, and snap them back into their senses.
A little peeved? They're proclaimed to be forces of nature, but you can still stuff them into a ball. I'd be more pissed someone was trying to enslave me, especially if I could create earthquakes or water spouts for giggles.

And did you seriously insist that Mewtwo just kinda brainwashed a guy to guard the entrance to Cerulean Cave in the hopes that Red/Ruby shows up at random to give him a fight?

Also each pokemon game is in it's own parallel world. There is only one arceus, yet you can see them if you look at other trainers. Each pokemon game is it's own parallel world and can be grouped like so. Red and silver, blue and gold, crystal and yellow. These games are actually sort of sequels to each other, yet they are parallels. This is sort of a same concept as with the zelda timeline. It goes the same for each and every pokemon game, how else could you have multiple Gary's, N's, ect.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Suicune:

Arceus:

The answer may shock you: Pokemon's power and abilities are grossly exaggerated.

As I said before, Red has only cought the original 151. Since there is no real or accurate canon for Pokemon Trainer, I thinks it's safe to say that he's the trophy worlds version of Red. He should also be able to use gen 1 pokemon that evolve in later generations.

Wins
Captain Falcon
Bowser
Charizard
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Dr.Mario
Falco
Fox
Greninja
Ice Climbers
Ike
Jigglypuff
King Dedede
Kirby
Link (OoT, TP)
Little Mac
Lucario
Lucas
Luigi
Ness
Mario
Marth
Mega Man
Metaknight
Mewtwo
Mr.Game & Watch
Olimar
Peach
Pichu
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
R.O.B.
Rosalina
Roy
Sheik
Snake
Toon Link
Villager
Wario
Wii Fit Trainer
Yoshi
Young Link
Zelda (OoT, TP)
Zero Suit Samus

Loses
Samus
Pit

Link (SS)

Here is my ultimate, most likely final list. I'm still waiting for an argument on Pits or Samus's placement on the list.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm impressed with some potential that Pit has. And I assume those 3 characters are potentially able to beat Ganon?

Top Bottom