• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Well, Dialga was near primal when he erased the player from existence.
But my point overall here is that there are pokemon that can do things that Sonic can do.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Deoxsys speed for me can match Sonic in speed. Not to mention being able to teleport and Sonic having a weakness to telekinesis Silver fight).

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Deoxsys speed for me can match Sonic in speed.
Source? For reference, Sonic can accelerate to hypersonic speeds in an instant using the boost, and can reach light speed given a second or so of charge time via the Light Speed Attack. (Not to mention time freezing and teleportation giving him a practically infinite amount of speed, as they enable him to travel across any distance in literally no time at all.)
Not to mention being able to teleport
Which Sonic can A) also do (Chaos Control) and B) counter (attacking with his speed before Deoxys gets the chance to teleport).
and Sonic having a weakness to telekinesis Silver fight).
He can use teleportation, time freezing, or his speed to escape – he had none of those in the Silver battle. (He didn't have the Chaos Emeralds to teleport or to freeze time, and had no way to gain enough speed in midair since he didn't have the air boost in that game.)

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Deoxsys speed for me can match Sonic in speed.
He definitely wouldn't. No Pokemon is even close to Sonic's speed. The main advantage of the Pokemon is that the difference between them and the god Pokemon, who have feats to back up their power, in stats isn't that much.

Last edited:

randomtechguy142857

Smash Cadet
Neither Zanza, Alvis or Shulk have true omnipotence.
Zanza is (as Alvis said) restricted by providence. Alvis is only a program. However, once Shulk unlocked the True Monado and defeated Zanza, he was made truly omnipotent for a couple of minutes. After mulling it over, decided to create a new world where he was not omnipotent.

I think that you're forgetting that Galaxy 2 plays out as if Galaxy did not happen, and as such we do not know how powerful the Comet Observatory is. Power Stars are not Chaos Emeralds. They don't grant people power by them simply "being powerful enough to use them." Bowser got the Grand Star's power by eating it, not because he had some special ability to do so.
Obviously, Rosalina couldn't just fight Bowser off and be done with it, because there'd be no game then. Even still, the fact that Bowser took every precautionary measure possible to avoid confronting Rosalina directly should tell you something. Brash, aggressive Bowser taking measures not to fight someone.
Maybe the Grand Stars aren't in too easily accessible form, but a good marking of how powerful a person is is how they're able to harness power given to them. Bowser didn't get the Grand Star's power just by eating it — come on, it's twice as big as he is! (I'm aware that he ate it just before the final fight, but he was already big then for one reason or another.) He must have harnessed the power, not by ingesting it, but by absorbing it in a way that Rosalina simply isn't able to do. It may not necessarily 'objectively show' that Bowser's more powerful like I said before, but still, with all of that power in her hands Rosalina and the full Comet Observatory was still made helpless by Bowser with just the one Grand Star.

Do you honestly believe that this franchise gives a **** about science or physics or any of that? The Lumas threw themselves into the black hole, which then exploded. Baby Luma even says good-bye to Mario, showing that they knew full well what they were doing. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.
You were the one that said the Lumas 'neutralised' the black hole, not the franchise or SMG, therefore it's upon you to explain the physics of it. I'm not sure where you got that they neutralised anything, whether it was mentioned in the game (and I'm blind) or you pulled that out of your hat, but I didn't see any such neutralisation going on.
Sure the Lumas knew what was happening. They weren't flying into the black hole to stop it (if they were, then it actually would have stopped when the Lumas flew into it). They were flying into it because it was their destiny.

You're a seemingly omnipotent goddess with control of the galaxy under your belt. A black hole threatens to destroy the whole galaxy, and your family sacrifices themselves to stop it. What would you use those powers to do, Guardian of the Cosmos?
If, as you say, the Lumas truly stopped the black hole, I wouldn't need to do anything. If I knew from experience/looking at other galaxies that such an event would recreate the galaxy with only some slight differences, as occurred in the game, I wouldn't do anything either.
I say again: There is nothing in the game to suggest that Rosalina did anything whatsoever. She appears nowhere in the scene until the black hole evaporates, and even then, all she does is talk to Mario while visibly doing nothing to control, stop or even make note of what's going on.

I'll also ask again: Why would a being who can recreate the galaxy from black holes not do so when things went to **** at the start of the game? ("There would be no game then" is not an excuse for Rosalina's inaction, for obvious reasons.) There's no shortage of black holes in SMG, and given the physics we saw in the game it really wouldn't be hard to get a load of mass into one; if Bowser, a being who is less powerful than Rosalina was able to literally construct a Galaxy Reactor at the time or even a Galaxy Generator in SMG2, the former of which is naturally powerful enough to create such a black hole, why couldn't Rosalina? If she really were that powerful, there's no excuse for any of the game's events past the opening occurring.

However, if she isn't, the plot holds together perfectly well. If she's just a spacefarer who can make an energy shield, levitate and control an observatory that's also a rocket, then the ending makes perfect sense as Bowser's Galaxy Reactor implodes into a black hole, the Lumas fly into it, the unstable black hole collapsed and evaporated taking the galaxy along with it, Rosalina explains what's going on, new and very slightly different galaxy is created. This fits with all of the evidence and makes more sense when you consider the overall plot.

randomtechguy142857

Smash Cadet
Wait, didn't Mario pick up and kick an entire castle in one of his games?
Bowser did that in M&L:BIS, but which one did Mario do it in?

On a different note and to clarify things, Shulk didn't defeat Zanza because he was powerful. He defeated Zanza because he had the will to take control of his destiny. That alone shouldn't put him very high, as really anyone in the world who had the same will could have taken the True Monado and defeated Zanza, and willpower and power are separate; you could have the strongest will in the world and still be incredibly weak, or vice versa.

The reason that Shulk should be put at the top is because, after defeating Zanza, he was literally omnipotent for a couple of minutes. Unless there was another character which was ever omnipotent, he should be at the top.

Alternatively, if we're measuring how strong characters were at the end of their story, he shouldn't be near the top at all — low C to high D tier is more fitting. I don't really understand his placing in B tier, as there was no point in his story where he was anything in between.

Last edited:

ElectroLightning

Banned via Warnings
NNID
kultava
Bowser did that in M&L:BIS, but which one did Mario do it in?

On a different note and to clarify things, Shulk didn't defeat Zanza because he was powerful. He defeated Zanza because he had the will to take control of his destiny. That alone shouldn't put him very high, as really anyone in the world who had the same will could have taken the True Monado and defeated Zanza, and willpower and power are separate; you could have the strongest will in the world and still be incredibly weak, or vice versa.

The reason that Shulk should be put at the top is because, after defeating Zanza, he was literally omnipotent for a couple of minutes. Unless there was another character which was ever omnipotent, he should be at the top.

Alternatively, if we're measuring how strong characters were at the end of their story, he shouldn't be near the top at all — low C to high D tier is more fitting. I don't really understand his placing in B tier, as there was no point in his story where he was anything in between.
http://www.ign.com/blogs/shaw98/2014/06/08/mario-can-pick-up-my-house-the-true-strength-of-mario

monzer

Smash Journeyman
New opinion:

Confirmed godlike feats:
:4sonic::4samus::4bayonetta:
Would be even higher than the current top tier if feats were confirmed:
:4shulk::4metaknight::pt:
Top tier but questionable feats:
:4kirby::4ness::4mewtwo::4dedede:
Weird invincebility thing:
:4ganondorf::4marth:
Ridiculous but not overpowered:
:4fox::4falco::4megaman::4falcon::4zss::4darkpit::4palutena::4pit::wolf:
City destruction level:
:rosalina::4greninja::4charizard::4lucario::4dk::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4bowserjr::4pikachu::4diddy::4robinm::4lucina::4robinf::4myfriends::4feroy::4corrin::4ryu::ivysaur:
Super human:
:4link::4tlink::4morton::4iggy::4luigi::4drmario::4mario::4peach::4zelda::4ludwig::4jigglypuff::4lemmy::4wendy::4roy::4larry::4sheik::4littlemac::4pacman::4lucas::4cloud::snake::squirtle::pichumelee:
Has weapons but still "normal":
:4duckhunt::4villager::popo:
Normal person tier:
:4wiifit::4gaw:
Tiny tier:
:4olimar::4alph:
Not alive tier:
:4rob:

SmashN00b

Smash Rookie
Dark-Type Pokemon ≠ Evil. Dark-Type Pokemon are not evil, they are simply Dark-Type, and are just as capable of being caring and kind as any other Pokemon. Unless Ganon was a Pokemon, and also Dark-Type, type match-ups do not apply.

Seriously, trying to bring in Pokemon logic is stupid. If you're going to do that, then Mewtwo can also use every single element besides Dragon and burn, freeze, electrocute, and poison his enemies all at once.
Dark-type is called Evil-type in the original Japanese, though.

SmashN00b

Smash Rookie
Viridi can revive Pit whenever he dies.

Viridi is immortal.

By proxy, Pit is immortal as well.
By that logic, Sonic's friends could just recollect the Chaos Emeralds and revive him whenever he dies like they did in Sonic '06.

Beeb

Smash Rookie
If we take Sonic's archie universe into consideration than he STEAM ROLLS everyone by a HUGE margin. the guy Is a multiverse busting reality warping monster with the ability to run at the speed of infinity. This exact topic was debated on vsbattleswiki and sonic won by a long shot.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
This is still going on, huh?

Beeb Beeb
VsBattleWiki is a terrible place. This is the same place that says Samus can react on the nanosecond scale, can freeze a star, and all sorts of other absurd nonsense. I've dealt with these people myself and no matter what evidence I provided, they refused to accept it. We're not using Archie, however, because that's not true to canon.

Facts about the Pink Demon and company (contain major spoilers for Planet Robobot)
1. Kirby was able to use his drill to pierce through Star Dream, a planet-sized matter manipulator. Popstar and Shiver Star (which is an ice covered Earth) are roughly the same size. Meaning that this final boss was huge. After defeating Star Dream, it caused a planet size explosion. Kirby survived without a scratch, but was knocked out.
Star Dream, the most powerful machine in existence, states that:kirby2: have nearly infinite power and is stronger than the mech he's using. The game's main pause screen says this as well. Star Dream also said Meta Knight had incredible power.
2. Minigames like Megaton Punch and Crackity Hack, are considered canon because the developers have said, "That's really why we add mini games.We feel there are some players out there who want to see more of what Kirby can do...outside the main action game." And in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dark Meta Knight sliced Kirby into 4 different Kirbies. Meaning that Kirby can crack Popstar with 1/4 of his actual strength!
3. :4metaknight: defeated Galacta Knight, a planet buster, twice, and :4kirby: defeated Galacta Knight as well as Meta Knight himself.
4. This same Galacta Knight one-shotted Star Dream before his battle with Meta Knight and Kirby.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
New opinion:

Confirmed godlike feats:
:4sonic::4samus::4bayonetta:
Would be even higher than the current top tier if feats were confirmed:
:4shulk::4metaknight::pt:
Top tier but questionable feats:
:4kirby::4ness::4mewtwo::4dedede:
Weird invincebility thing:
:4ganondorf::4marth:
Ridiculous but not overpowered:
:4fox::4falco::4megaman::4falcon::4zss::4darkpit::4palutena::4pit::wolf:
City destruction level:
:rosalina::4greninja::4charizard::4lucario::4dk::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4bowserjr::4pikachu::4diddy::4robinm::4lucina::4robinf::4myfriends::4feroy::4corrin::4ryu::ivysaur:
Super human:
:4link::4tlink::4morton::4iggy::4luigi::4drmario::4mario::4peach::4zelda::4ludwig::4jigglypuff::4lemmy::4wendy::4roy::4larry::4sheik::4littlemac::4pacman::4lucas::4cloud::snake::squirtle::pichumelee:
Has weapons but still "normal":
:4duckhunt::4villager::popo:
Normal person tier:
:4wiifit::4gaw:
Tiny tier:
:4olimar::4alph:
Not alive tier:
:4rob:
I think you're lowballing Mega Man and Cloud slightly. Cloud has tons of powerful summons and Mega Man has at least two weapons that stop time fully, that's kind of broken. He could shift Gravity as well. Not to mention the crazy screen nuke moves he has on top of that. Which is better than most. Donkey Kong punched the damn Moon, and Little Mac beat him in a fight, so eh.

I don't know why I'm posting this so late.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Now that the new Pokemon games are out, I wonder if Z-Moves have any effect on the Pokemon rankings? For regular 'mons, the question is whether they could use them in the first place (I haven't got the games so I don't know if it's activated by "power of friendship" or whatever). For Pokemon Trainer however, he might get them depending on which restrictions we are applying to him.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Facts about the Pink Demon and company (contain major spoilers for Planet Robobot)
1. Kirby was able to use his drill to pierce through Star Dream, a planet-sized matter manipulator. Popstar and Shiver Star (which is an ice covered Earth) are roughly the same size. Meaning that this final boss was huge. After defeating Star Dream, it caused a planet size explosion. Kirby survived without a scratch, but was knocked out.
Star Dream, the most powerful machine in existence, states that:kirby2: have nearly infinite power and is stronger than the mech he's using. The game's main pause screen says this as well. Star Dream also said Meta Knight had incredible power.
2. Minigames like Megaton Punch and Crackity Hack, are considered canon because the developers have said, "That's really why we add mini games.We feel there are some players out there who want to see more of what Kirby can do...outside the main action game." And in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dark Meta Knight sliced Kirby into 4 different Kirbies. Meaning that Kirby can crack Popstar with 1/4 of his actual strength!
3. :4metaknight: defeated Galacta Knight, a planet buster, twice, and :4kirby: defeated Galacta Knight as well as Meta Knight himself.
4. This same Galacta Knight one-shotted Star Dream before his battle with Meta Knight and Kirby.
I feel that this is enough evidence to move Kirby up to the "confirmed godlike feats" tier.

I think you're lowballing Mega Man and Cloud slightly. Cloud has tons of powerful summons and Mega Man has at least two weapons that stop time fully, that's kind of broken. He could shift Gravity as well. Not to mention the crazy screen nuke moves he has on top of that. Which is better than most. Donkey Kong punched the damn Moon, and Little Mac beat him in a fight, so eh.

I don't know why I'm posting this so late.
Mega man is as high as he is because of the aforementioned time stop moves. I dint he could do much against the higher tiers (who are all on at least a planetary level). I can see cloud being much higher, I haven't played any Final Fantasy games and this thread died soon after Cloud's arrival.

Do you have any feats for Cloud that would put him higher.

Little Mac couldn't ever defeat canon Donkey Kong.
I'm pretty sure he fought the original Donkey kong, who is now cranky kong if I remember correctly.

Do you have any feats from Cranky that we could power scale to little mac?

Now that the new Pokemon games are out, I wonder if Z-Moves have any effect on the Pokemon rankings? For regular 'mons, the question is whether they could use them in the first place (I haven't got the games so I don't know if it's activated by "power of friendship" or whatever). For Pokemon Trainer however, he might get them depending on which restrictions we are applying to him.
I doubt it affects their overal feats.

Edit: And yes I realize how much I used the word "feat" in this.

Last edited:

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Canonically, ROB is the strongest.

his power?

BEING REAL.
Technically almost all of the characters have toy versions, but I'd assume their in-game appearances take precedence when considering 'canon'. While ROB did start life as a toy, he has since become part of the Star Fox crew, and I'd say that his abilities there (still similar to his Smash Moveset, notably) would be the 'canonical version' we're looking at.

Still probably bottom tier either way, though...

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Technically almost all of the characters have toy versions, but I'd assume their in-game appearances take precedence when considering 'canon'. While ROB did start life as a toy, he has since become part of the Star Fox crew, and I'd say that his abilities there (still similar to his Smash Moveset, notably) would be the 'canonical version' we're looking at.

Still probably bottom tier either way, though...
Dude, you didn't have to take that seriously..

A lot of people say that :4kirby: is eight inches, but yet when he's compared to the 6'3 :4samus: in Kirby's Dream Land 3, he stands higher than Samus' knees and is around two to three feet. http://Source
Now I know what all of you are going to say: It's just a cameo.

But,that's not the case.
In Kirby's Dream Land 3, Kirby must collect all 30 Heart Stars by helping others and to create the Love-Love Stick, a legendary weapon that can defeat Dark Matter, Samus was one of the characters that gives Kirby a Heart Star.
If Kirby doesn't collect all thirty Heart Stars, he will get the bad ending.

But, if Kirby does collect all of the stars, he can use the Love-Love Stick to destroy Dark Matter and Zero, giving him the good/canon ending. This means that Samus played an important role in Kirby's Dream Land 3, without her, Kirby wouldn't
have defeat the Dark Matter forces. Also, :4rob: makes a cameo as well.

D

Deleted member

This is a really cool thread. For my guess regarding playable characters, I'd have to say Sonic simply because of how fast he is.

If we are going into non-playable characters that show up in Smash in some capacity, Dialga and Palkia takes the cake, at least if we are doing Pokeballs. Barring freaking Arceus (and maybe Giratina), you don't get much more powerful than that.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If we're including the non playable characters.

The Bionis/Mechonis might be it due to sheer size, but they might not count.

Arceus might be the most powerful NPC that definitely counts.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am actually getting quite certain with the release of Breath of the Wild, that Ganondorf can be beaten by quite a lot of characters. And if I'd had to pick a strongest playable character, then it'd be Mewtwo. Then again I have limited knowledge of especially third party franchises.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Palutena is probably way up there since she's, you know, an omnipotent, immortal deity.

My mama Rosalina is up there too. While she isn't exactly a goddess, she seems to wield goddess-like power over the cosmos, which is kept entirely beneath her gown. She seems to be the master of cosmic phenomena since all the stars look up to her as their mother. The entire universe is just part of her dress, and we are the tiniest of the tiniest dust specks in the vast cosmic aether beneath her dress. So yeah, she's possibly on par with Palutena.

Of course, Bayonetta has literally killed God at the end of her first game. So there's that.

Overall it seems all the most powerful characters just so happen to be the sexiest waifus.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Palutena is probably way up there since she's, you know, an omnipotent, immortal deity.

My mama Rosalina is up there too. While she isn't exactly a goddess, she seems to wield goddess-like power over the cosmos, which is kept entirely beneath her gown. She seems to be the master of cosmic phenomena since all the stars look up to her as their mother. The entire universe is just part of her dress, and we are the tiniest of the tiniest dust specks in the vast cosmic aether beneath her dress. So yeah, she's possibly on par with Palutena.

Of course, Bayonetta has literally killed God at the end of her first game. So there's that.

Overall it seems all the most powerful characters just so happen to be the sexiest waifus.
To be fair, the Rosalina dress thing isn't canon. It was just Sakurai's way of jokingly explaining why it was put there, instead of coming out and saying it was to avoid pantyshot hijinx with the camera.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean.

I lot of characters have killed/defeated gods.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
^This basically confirms Kirby and Co. as planet busters (Dedede has no direct planet level feats but it's clear that he's on par with MK and Kirby)

The 1/4 of his actual strength feat is questionable though. Does the rest of the game reflect this?

Kirby on the warp star is FTL as shown here(Planet to Planet in seconds- 50-200 times speed of light):
http://gfycat.com/SlimInfamousDassie
http://gfycat.com/ImaginativeGoldenCrayfish
http://imgur.com/a/Eud1r (This one is questionably solar system to solar system)

BEST SPEED FEAT (Galaxy to Galaxy in seconds-minutes- Quadrillions/quintillions faster than light, possible outlier):
http://gfycat.com/InsignificantUnripeJabiru

Note that this is only when Kirby is the vacuum of space. He is MUCH slower when affected by earth's gravity and can only fly the star for a few seconds. But since he can breath in space and destroy planets this shouldn't be that much of a problem for him. Kirby is also invincible while on a warp star.

Ball Kirby flies FTL (note he needs to break the forth wall and have the player maneuver him, this counts as extra help):
https://gfycat.com/DemandingScornfulIndusriverdolphin

Here Kirby punches\drills with enough force/speed to punch straight through a small planet sized robot in a few seconds, putting him at around 1/50th-1/100th of light speed without a warp star and after a punch (likely only works in outer space):
https://gfycat.com/PeriodicRemarkableBass

Jet Kirby can supposedly travel at Mach 5 but that's highly questionable and in game feats say otherwise.

Many Kirby power-ups attack at FTE and can do the Star Platinum FTE punching thing, but that's the full extent.

Claycia is an extremely high level reality warper and as shown above, can even create stars/galaxies. However, depending on how you look at it, the stars and galaxies aren't much bigger than a planet (depends on if you think it's to scale or not). I think its too questionable to consider.

Dark Nebula entering his second form causes a shock-wave that destroys the surrounding galaxies/stars (this is extremely questionable and should only be considered in an extreme highball of Kirby)
https://fat.gfycat.com/GrotesqueDefinitiveGreatwhiteshark.gif

Kirby pushes back an anti matter wave that was destroying many galaxies/stars(likely because of the properties of Kirby's star attack and not due to brute force, since none of the other characters can do this and Kirby only does it through the star exhale thing again, only for extreme highballs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pizpPBsP40k

Hypernova Kirby is described as a Veritable Black Hole, but in game feats say otherwise, only for high-balls should this be used.

Magalor is a universal threat but it's questionable if he could actually destroy it (only stated to rule/control it), I wouldn't consider it to be a canon feat, even if we highball Kirby. I still see Magalor as High Planet level like the rest of the top tier Kirby characters.

And yes, all of this scales to Meta Knight and Dedede (they have warp stars too and have near identical stats to Kirby)

So the Kirby characters, even when low-balled, are multi Planet level in Strength and durability, can travel at FTL Speeds while also being invulnerable to any thing in the Kirby Universe (planet level attacks), Can regenerate back to full health in a split second (Meta Knight can do this FIVE TIMES), Can clone themselves (helper, Only Kirby and Meta Knight can do this), Can stop time when unleashing a powerful attack (Crash ability, super abilities, Meta Knights tornado thing) Have Access to giant planet busting ships and planet busting robots (Meta Knight/Kirby only), and can change abilities at will (Kirby).

High-balled they have all of the above plus multi star level attack potency and durability, are quintilions of times faster than Light, and can turn into a black hole (only Kirby).

Can any other Characters match that?

Also, there's an insane feat by Luigi that I don't think we've been taking into account.

So at the end of Super Paper Mario Dimentio fuses with the chaos heart and Luigi To become Super Dimentio, a being capable of destroying "all worlds" (this refers to the 7-9 universes that the game spans across). The only way he was defeated was through a last minute ass-pull that weakened him. So would this count as one of Luigi's forms, because if so it puts him Multi-Universal, and he would be by far the most powerful character. Also the paper Mario canon may not count as a canon feat for Luigi.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
^This basically confirms Kirby and Co. as planet busters (Dedede has no direct planet level feats but it's clear that he's on par with MK and Kirby)

The 1/4 of his actual strength feat is questionable though. Does the rest of the game reflect this?

Kirby on the warp star is FTL as shown here(Planet to Planet in seconds- 50-200 times speed of light):
http://gfycat.com/SlimInfamousDassie
http://gfycat.com/ImaginativeGoldenCrayfish
http://imgur.com/a/Eud1r (This one is questionably solar system to solar system)

BEST SPEED FEAT (Galaxy to Galaxy in seconds-minutes- Quadrillions/quintillions faster than light, possible outlier):
http://gfycat.com/InsignificantUnripeJabiru

Note that this is only when Kirby is the vacuum of space. He is MUCH slower when affected by earth's gravity and can only fly the star for a few seconds. But since he can breath in space and destroy planets this shouldn't be that much of a problem for him. Kirby is also invincible while on a warp star.

Ball Kirby flies FTL (note he needs to break the forth wall and have the player maneuver him, this counts as extra help):
https://gfycat.com/DemandingScornfulIndusriverdolphin

Here Kirby punches\drills with enough force/speed to punch straight through a small planet sized robot in a few seconds, putting him at around 1/50th of light speed without a warp star and after a punch (likely only works in outer space):
https://gfycat.com/PeriodicRemarkableBass

Jet Kirby can supposedly travel at Mach 5 but that's highly questionable and in game feats say otherwise.

Many Kirby power-ups attack at FTE and can do the Star Platinum FTE punching thing, but that's the full extent.

Claycia is an extremely high level reality warper and as shown above, can even create stars/galaxies. However, depending on how you look at it, the stars and galaxies aren't much bigger than a planet (depends on if you think it's to scale or not). I think its too questionable to consider.

Dark Nebula entering his second form causes a shock-wave that destroys the surrounding galaxies/stars (this is extremely questionable and should only be considered in an extreme highball of Kirby)
https://fat.gfycat.com/GrotesqueDefinitiveGreatwhiteshark.gif

Kirby pushes back an anti matter wave that was destroying many galaxies/stars(likely because of the properties of Kirby's star attack and not due to brute force, since none of the other characters can do this and Kirby only does it through the star exhale thing again, only for extreme highballs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pizpPBsP40k

Hypernova Kirby is described as a Veritable Black Hole, but in game feats say otherwise, only for high-balls should this be used.

Magalor is a universal threat but it's questionable if he could actually destroy it (only stated to rule/control it), I wouldn't consider it to be a canon feat, even if we highball Kirby. I still see Magalor as High Planet level like the rest of the top tier Kirby characters.

And yes, all of this scales to Meta Knight and Dedede (they have warp stars too and have near identical stats to Kirby)

So the Kirby characters, even when low-balled, are multi Planet level in Strength and durability, can travel at FTL Speeds while also being invulnerable to any thing in the Kirby Universe (planet level attacks), Can regenerate back to full health in a split second (Meta Knight can do this FIVE TIMES), Can clone themselves (helper, Only Kirby and Meta Knight can do this), Can stop time when unleashing a powerful attack (Crash ability, super abilities, Meta Knights tornado thing) Have Access to giant planet busting ships and planet busting robots (Meta Knight/Kirby only), and can change abilities at will (Kirby).

High-balled they have all of the above plus multi star level attack potency and durability, are quintilions of times faster than Light, and can turn into a black hole (only Kirby).

Can any other Characters match that?

Also, I think there's one character who we've really been underestimating, and that Character is Luigi.

So at the end of Super Paper Mario Dimentio fuses with the chaos heart and Luigi To become Super Dimentio, a being capable of destroying "all worlds" (this refers to the 7-9 universes that the game spans across). The only way he was defeated was through a last minute ***-pull that weakened him. So would this count as one of Luigi's forms, because if so it puts him Multi-Universal, and he would be by far the most powerful character. Also the paper Mario canon may not count as a canon feat for Luigi.
To be fair, Paper Jam confirmed that the Paper Mario universe is separate from the main Mario universe, so Paper Luigi feats don't necessarily work for Luigi.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As said earlier, Ganondorf dropped majorly after Breath of the Wild. I think plenty of characters are able to take him out now. His feats where mostly insane durability, but I doubt that's much of a thing any more.

Also after reading the Mewtwo vs Frieza thing, I realized Mewtwo would also easily take out Sonic. As all he needs to do is Psych Up once Sonic goes Super, and he copies Sonic's speed. Mewtwo's move pool is amazing, and really helps him being one of the best I feel. Only character I see him struggling against is Samus.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
As said earlier, Ganondorf dropped majorly after Breath of the Wild. I think plenty of characters are able to take him out now. His feats where mostly insane durability, but I doubt that's much of a thing any more.
There's different versions of Ganon, we should still use his strongest incarnation, which has that weird invulnerability hing

Also after reading the Mewtwo vs Frieza thing, I realized Mewtwo would also easily take out Sonic. As all he needs to do is Psych Up once Sonic goes Super, and he copies Sonic's speed. Mewtwo's move pool is amazing, and really helps him being one of the best I feel. Only character I see him struggling against is Samus.
Eh, Mewtwo could take on a lot of people with his hax abilities, but he can't do much against someone who straight up out speeds him. Honestly Mewtwo would need to fight Frieza in character in order to beat them, since he would need time to set up against them.

A ****ed FTL Sonic would curb-stomp Mewtwo in his base form. A Lowballed faster-than-sound Sonic would likely need to go Super Sonic, and therefore would get wrecked by Frieza.

Mewtwo is strong but he would still lose to anyone who out speeds him and also outclasses him in raw power. Really though the only people who beat him 100% are the Kirby characters and maybe Bayonetta, Samus wouldn't stand much of a chance against him.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Not even godesses?

Palutena, Pit, Bayonetta and Rosalina could probably take on Mewtwo.
Pit is around the same level as mewtwo in strength and speed from what I've seen. Palutina is nowhere near omnipotent, Rosalina take ages to actually do anything with the lumas (and is only as durable as Mario). Bayonetta ,may be able to fight Mewtwo. She supposedly has some star level feats but i'm not sure if she out-speeds him (which is also required to beat his Hax). "God" is just a title, it doesn't automatically make a character top tier.

Edit: from what it looks like Bayonetta does have High planet level feats, still not sure about speed though.
:4bayonetta::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4cloud: All have planetary level feats. Mewtwo could probably beat Cloud and the Kirby characters without a warp star through Me First shenanigans.

Edit 2 : Nevermind apparently Cloud's "planet level feat" is more of a cinematic attack than an actual feat. Never trust Vs Battle wiki.

Planetary:
:4metaknight:
:4kirby::4dedede:
:4bayonetta:
Invincible/Hax Powers:
:4mewtwo::4ganondorf::4marth:
City/Mountain/Island:
:4cloud::4sonic::4samus::4zss::4falcon::4pit::4darkpit::4fox::4falco::wolf::4megaman::4palutena:
:rosalina::4wario2::4greninja::4dk::4diddy::4charizard::4lucario::4bowser::4bowserjr::4pikachu:
Building/Town/Castle:
:4yoshi::younglinkmelee::4drmario::4mario::4luigi::4peach:
:4ness::4lucas::ivysaur::4shulk::4lucina::4robinm::4corrin::4myfriends::4tlink::4link::4sheik::4zelda::4feroy::4ryu:
:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4ludwig:
Superhuman:
:snake:
:squirtle::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4pacman:
Normal:
:4duckhunt::4villager::4wiifit::4gaw::4olimar::4alph::4rob:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pit is around the same level as mewtwo in strength and speed from what I've seen. Palutina is nowhere near omnipotent, Rosalina take ages to actually do anything with the lumas (and is only as durable as Mario). Bayonetta ,may be able to fight Mewtwo. She supposedly has some star level feats but i'm not sure if she out-speeds him (which is also required to beat his Hax). "God" is just a title, it doesn't automatically make a character top tier.

Edit: from what it looks like Bayonetta does have High planet level feats, still not sure about speed though.
:4bayonetta::4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede::4cloud: All have planetary level feats. Mewtwo could probably beat Cloud and the Kirby characters without a warp star through Me First shenanigans.

Edit 2 : Nevermind apparently Cloud's "planet level feat" is more of a cinematic attack than an actual feat. Never trust Vs Battle wiki.

Planetary:
:4metaknight:
:4kirby::4dedede:
:4bayonetta:
Invincible/Hax Powers:
:4mewtwo::4ganondorf::4marth:
City/Mountain/Island:
:4cloud::4sonic::4samus::4zss::4falcon::4pit::4darkpit::4fox::4falco::wolf::4megaman::4palutena:
:rosalina::4wario2::4greninja::4dk::4diddy::4charizard::4lucario::4bowser::4bowserjr::4pikachu:
Building/Town/Castle:
:4yoshi::younglinkmelee::4drmario::4mario::4luigi::4peach:
:4ness::4lucas::ivysaur::4shulk::4lucina::4robinm::4corrin::4myfriends::4tlink::4link::4sheik::4zelda::4feroy::4ryu:
:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4ludwig:
Superhuman:
:snake:
:squirtle::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4pacman:
Normal:
:4duckhunt::4villager::4wiifit::4gaw::4olimar::4alph::4rob:
Speed should not be an issue for Bayonetta.

She can slow down/freeze time.

Top Bottom