• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speed should not be an issue for Bayonetta.

She can slow down/freeze time.
Reaction time is key there though. She still has of consciously choose to freeze time, right? So if Sonic is approaching at Mach speed, it's very possible he'll hit her before she can activate Witch Time.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Time to post in this thread
Reaction time is key there though. She still has of consciously choose to freeze time, right? So if Sonic is approaching at Mach speed, it's very possible he'll hit her before she can activate Witch Time.
That depends if she has accessories, as one actually activates Witch Time at the cost of magic iirc

D

Deleted member

You're all silly, this is the one and only undeniable canon tier-list:
S-tier (do actually use a canon)
:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:

A-tier (use several firearms at the same time)
:4bayonetta:

B-tier (use less firearms at the same time)
:4diddy:
:4fox::4falco:
:4samus:
:4megaman:
:4duckhunt:
:4dk:
:4miigun:

C-tier
The rest

:troll::troll::troll:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh, Kirby defeated the god of death when split in 10 smaller, weaker versions and could potentially had a single Kirby beat Necrodeus. Meaning it's reasonable to assume that Kirby's power in Amazing Mirror was a mere quarter of what it's supposed to be

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
It's my personal head canon that Hero of Time Link could solo the Smash verse with his various items. Except maybe Samus. Oh and maybe Sonic if was able to go super.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Ok.
Assuming Link could change items as fast as he can in game.

Mario. I could easily see him being able to just slash him and use arrows. Really any item could work as long as Mario could't dodge it.
Same for Luigi and Peach and Wario.

Bowser. The gauntlets would allow him to throw Koopa around like Mario did in 64, and the iron boots would balance them out weight wise. Also his red tunic would help against Bowser's fire.

Pit. Apart from his flying, I really don't see anything of Pit's that Link couldn't handle, except maybe the three sacred treasures. His fire, ice and light arrows would be able to take care of him.

I suppose the same would work for Palutena.

Marth, Roy and Ike. I can see Link being able to match them in a sword fight especially if he's at the skill level he's at when he's the Hero's Shade. Bringing in things like bombs and bombchus could give Link an advantage.

Samus.
The hammer could possibly do considerable damage to her and he could defend against her beams with his shield (I'm pretty sure it's canonically unbreakable) and match them with his arrows.

Also
Naryu's Love would give him god like defense, Din's Fire and Fararo's Wind would allow for a huge long ranged attack and teleporting and Deku Nuts would allow for paralysis.
More later.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ok.
Assuming Link could change items as fast as he can in game.

Mario. I could easily see him being able to just slash him and use arrows. Really any item could work as long as Mario could't dodge it.
Same for Luigi and Peach and Wario.

Bowser. The gauntlets would allow him to throw Koopa around like Mario did in 64, and the iron boots would balance them out weight wise. Also his red tunic would help against Bowser's fire.

Pit. Apart from his flying, I really don't see anything of Pit's that Link couldn't handle, except maybe the three sacred treasures. His fire, ice and light arrows would be able to take care of him.

I suppose the same would work for Palutena.

Marth, Roy and Ike. I can see Link being able to match them in a sword fight, bringing in things like bombs and bombchus could give Link an advantage.
This isn't what I meant with explanations. I meant "What does OoT Link have and what has he done to prove he can win?"
Plus you don't seem to know the Kid Icarus lore. Pit can't fly on his own and the Three Sacred Treasures are INCREDIBLY powerful. Then there's the Great Sacred Treasure... Plus you say the Mario humans can't avoid his slashes or so without explanation on that regard either.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
I never said that. I said assuming Mario couldn't dodge them. There's really nothing to suggest that Mario is ultra fast and can dodge attacks like a Jedi.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I never said that. I said assuming Mario couldn't dodge them. There's really nothing to suggest that Mario is ultra fast and can dodge attacks like a Jedi.
But Mario isn't slow either. He's surprisingly athletic and has always been well balanced in that regard. Plus he's strong, he's thrown Bowser around by the tail without needed Gauntlets of some sort

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Yes he is fast, but it's not like he reaches Dragonball Z tier levels off speed. Eventually Link would be able to strike him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yes he is fast, but it's not like he reaches Dragonball Z tier levels off speed. Eventually Link would be able to strike him.
Same could be said for Link, who in OoT, is actually pretty slow in comparison to Mario and considerably less athletic. Mario could easily counter attack here too. But the point of this thread isn't about theoretical fights, but rather, who is the strongest based on statistics and feats? Sorry if I come across as too rude btw

Last edited:

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Link lifted and threw an entire chunk of a castle.... Also the bunny hood could give him a huge boost in speed.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can't Mario make himself invincible too?

If you're going to use Link's obscure items, you need to pair them against Mario's power ups.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In the RPG games, Mario is pretty powerful. I'm not too sure how he would handle Link's magic, but that doesn't last forever either. Especially when Link also needs magic to fire his stronger arrows. Link's slashes could be avoided with jumping but not forever I assume.

Yet Mario also has an arsenal of items, and one that makes him pretty powerful in this exact matchup is the Mega Mushroom. Yet Mario should first survive a barrage of arrows, and Link's sword. If Link's magic runs out, I could see Mario winning easily. I think he would beat Twilight Princess Link easily for example.

Against Ike would be tricky though, as Ike has taken down barriers with his sword before. Ike has taken on the Goddess of his universe, so I could see him, at his strongest, being able to pass Link's magic. Aether and sword projectile could also prove hard for Link to handle. Ike is no pushover. All would depend on if Ike's Ragnell can bypass Nayru's Love. Aether could potentially break it I'd say. If we assume both wouldn't use healing items out of 'honor', it could be very close.

Mewtwo would beat Ocarina of Time Link pretty badly however. It's possible for Link to beat him due to Mewtwo's durability, but his moves and telekinesis by pass Link's Nayru's Love, and he could also make Link unable to use it at all. Doubt a shield is gonna be able to resist psychic attacks, as they defy grafity making psychics always a league of their own. Link would beat Level 70 Wild Mewtwo, but not at his full potential.

Samus has clear fire power advantage, and has an arsenal that easily challenges Link's. Am not so sure that it's an easy win for Link at all, Samus has Speed Boost too for example. Which would easily make her able to strike Link if he needs to say, drink a potion or whatever else leaves him open. He won't easily hit her with the hammer. I think mostly would be Light Arrows vs beams. But Light Arrows drain Link's magic quickly.

How would OOT Ganondorf fare against these characters I wonder? I've personally always considered Mewtwo, Samus, Ganondorf and Ness the strongest.

There where people before who also fiercly argued for Samus, Sonic and Lucas. I vouched mostly for Mewtwo, Ike and Donkey Kong, as nobody had much knowlegde about what they could do. The Samus debater was also giving us physics lessons on how overpowered Samus actually is.

There was even a thread called 'Who's the deadliest Brawler' which had characters pit off against each other based on a real life setting. Was pretty humorous as many characters simply would struggle with their oversized body parts :laugh: Diddy Kong and Ivysaur where considered pretty dangerous I remember. There where also huge debates on how electricity would work with Pikachu and how potent it's volts would be.

Anyway, I still say Mewtwo is Top Tier, but he's durability wise pretty beatable. I think characters and DK and Ike for example have enough strenght to be able to defeat him, but the point is, they won't last against anything Mewtwo can dish out, and he can do it faster. Mewtwo vs Ness debates where also pretty damn intense, and am saddened that Ness isn't discussed much more.

Cause Ness is also easily one of the strongest fighters, he's got insanely strong PSI attacks and is incredibly durable. Before Mega Evolutions where a thing, I could see many arguements for Ness beating Mewtwo. PSI Lifeup for example and Ness' extreme durability due to absorbing the Earth's essence.. it'll make it hard for Mewtwo to land the finishing blow on Ness. But likewise, Mewtwo can stall with Calm Mind and Recover, plus Special Defense and Special Attack based EVs / Nature. Ness's psychic attacks wouldn't maybe due much damage after Calm Mind but he's also got physical attacks, and on paper status crippling moves, as PK Flash and Paralysis but in Earthbound these are mostly ineffective against enemies on the same level of PSI power as Ness, or surpassing them. I'm assuming Mewtwo is at least as strong as the stronger Starmen who resist these attacks easily, otherwise there's still Safeguard.

If we take the mechanics of both games a little out of the question, like Ness with his mortal damage, and Mewtwo restricted to 4 moves only, there could be a far more fair fight. I could make a 4 Moves moveset for Mewtwo to challenge Ness, but some moves (especially Mewtwo learns by leveling up) don't make sense to just 'forget' especially as other media strongly disagrees with this Pokemon game mechanic. As say, Pokken, Smash and the movies and tv show / anime.

Since both Pokemon and Earthbound are turn-based however, I could see a scenario ending up like this;

:4mewtwo:; *Goes Mega Mewtwo X* Calm Mind +Sp. Atk + Sp.Def (100% HP)
:4ness:; PSI Rockin
:4mewtwo:; (65~70% HP) Safeguard -5 turns no status-
:4ness:; Forward Smash!
:4mewtwo:: Recover (roughly same amount of HP as before taking a bat to the face)
:4ness:; PSI Shield (3 attacks half damage)
:4mewtwo:; Calm Mind + Sp. Atk +Sp. Def both stats now doubled
:4mewtwo:; (HP: 55~60%) Recover (HP: 100%)
:4mewtwo:; (HP; 70%) Psy Strike
:4ness:; (40~45% HP) PSI Life Up Y (HP: 100%) PSI Shield -2/3
:4mewtwo:; Calm Mind -Safe Guard effect over
:4ness:; PSI Paralysis
:4mewtwo:; *crippled on Pokemon terms for 2 turns* Paralysis can't move (being generous)
:4ness:; Bat in face
:4mewtwo:; (50% HP) Recover (100% HP) no longer paralysed- so outspeed Ness yet again
:4mewtwo:; Psy Strike
:4ness:; (HP: 25% - PSI Shield 1/3) Psi Lifeup Y (HP: 100%)
:4ness:; (HP: 25% PSI Shield broken)

Now he's either going to use PK Flash, aim for a insta kill that only works on enemies with no psychic abilities themselves, and it also is ineffective against bosses.. so doubt it's a good option. It could give Mewtwo a status effect like 'crying' which means lower chance of hitting, but Ness is pretty much stuck anyway. A physical attack is not gonna cut it, and his offensive PSI is also ineffective. Paralysis spam could give it more stall, but Mewtwo's offenses are now so high that any direct hit means a KO, he could even throw another 2 Calm Minds in to ensure a OHKO. As 6 Calm Minds would tripple the base power of Mewtwo's Special stats.

I chosen Mega Mewtwo X on purpose for the extra defense and HP to endure Ness' bat attacks. I ignored critical hits on both sides, as a critical hit from either side would mean the end. That means it's already pretty even. But without them, Mewtwo wins due to stalling advantages. And in all honesty, Mega Mewtwo X should be able to break Ness's PSI Shield with a Brick Break attack. Amnesia could also be used in the first move to give Mewtwo's Special Defense such a boost that Ness could do nothing but physically attack. Bulk Up could then be used to gain the physical advantage by buffs, if Mewtwo X not already stops Ness's physical stats, which am pretty certain he does. The only real challenge for Mewtwo is Ness' insane HP and PSI Lifeup. Then again, Mewtwo also has stuff as Barrier, Light Shield, Guard Swap, Future Sight and even Disable. If Mewtwo just Disables the PSI Lifeup, it's already over. And even if Ness's PSI Rockin for example would mean a OHKO against Mewtwo, Mewtwo still has Me First, that lets him use PSI Rockin before Ness, at 1.5x the power. So that's also pretty much a OHKO against Ness, however durable he is.

Mega Mewtwo Y could be beaten with some luck due to lower defenses but normal Mewtwo has more durability and with the useage of an item, as Leftover or Life Orb would also make an enourmous change in how the battle would look. I also think he should be able to use all the moves he naturally learns by leveling up, at the very least. I assume he's intelligent enough to learn the TM moves on his own, but he doesn't really need them in the matchup here frankly. Outside of Pokemon it's not too important to have elemental coverage, and that's mostly what Mewtwo needs TMs for. Given that, the most fair match I could envision is Mega Mewtwo Y vs Ness. I could do that one next up.

If we go classic and use RBY Mewtwo however, it would be over in far less time, as Amnesia doubled both Mewtwo's power and ressistance of psychic attacks. There would be no Psy Strike, but it's not even needed. Barrier, Recover, Amnesia, Psychic, 4 moves, and a sure win for Mewtwo even by game restrictions.

Last edited:

LinkReturns

Smash Rookie
NNID
W-Linky
I will never understand why everyone is thinking that Ganondorf/Ganon can only be killed by Link and the master sword. The master sword was never the only weapon that could defeat him, as proven by Link in Zelda 1, OoS/OoA, FSA and more recently Breath of the Wild. He can be defeated without the master sword. The master sword HELP Link against Ganon/Ganondorf, but he also make it with his own skills. Also, it's just that Link is the hero of the story in the LoZ universe, so naturally, he would always be the only one in these situations that has the courage to endure such long and dangerous adventures. But i'm pretty sure a lot of characters from other universes could take on him, easilly or not. So yeah, you can kill/defeat Ganon without the master sword or divine weapons, but if you have some sort of objects like these or that relate with light, it can really help you to defeat him as shown in the Ganondorf Batlle from OOT, where he was pretty easy when the only thing you have to do is to shoot to him with a light arrow, hit him with your sword, then run and repeat. (you can also use the biggoron sword, even if you still need to make the last hit with the master sword for story purpose.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In the RPG games, Mario is pretty powerful. I'm not too sure how he would handle Link's magic, but that doesn't last forever either. Especially when Link also needs magic to fire his stronger arrows. Link's slashes could be avoided with jumping but not forever I assume.

Yet Mario also has an arsenal of items, and one that makes him pretty powerful in this exact matchup is the Mega Mushroom. Yet Mario should first survive a barrage of arrows, and Link's sword. If Link's magic runs out, I could see Mario winning easily. I think he would beat Twilight Princess Link easily for example.

Against Ike would be tricky though, as Ike has taken down barriers with his sword before. Ike has taken on the Goddess of his universe, so I could see him, at his strongest, being able to pass Link's magic. Aether and sword projectile could also prove hard for Link to handle. Ike is no pushover. All would depend on if Ike's Ragnell can bypass Nayru's Love. Aether could potentially break it I'd say. If we assume both wouldn't use healing items out of 'honor', it could be very close.

Mewtwo would beat Ocarina of Time Link pretty badly however. It's possible for Link to beat him due to Mewtwo's durability, but his moves and telekinesis by pass Link's Nayru's Love, and he could also make Link unable to use it at all. Doubt a shield is gonna be able to resist psychic attacks, as they defy grafity making psychics always a league of their own. Link would beat Level 70 Wild Mewtwo, but not at his full potential.

Samus has clear fire power advantage, and has an arsenal that easily challenges Link's. Am not so sure that it's an easy win for Link at all, Samus has Speed Boost too for example. Which would easily make her able to strike Link if he needs to say, drink a potion or whatever else leaves him open. He won't easily hit her with the hammer. I think mostly would be Light Arrows vs beams. But Light Arrows drain Link's magic quickly.

How would OOT Ganondorf fare against these characters I wonder? I've personally always considered Mewtwo, Samus, Ganondorf and Ness the strongest.

There where people before who also fiercly argued for Samus, Sonic and Lucas. I vouched mostly for Mewtwo, Ike and Donkey Kong, as nobody had much knowlegde about what they could do. The Samus debater was also giving us physics lessons on how overpowered Samus actually is.

There was even a thread called 'Who's the deadliest Brawler' which had characters pit off against each other based on a real life setting. Was pretty humorous as many characters simply would struggle with their oversized body parts :laugh: Diddy Kong and Ivysaur where considered pretty dangerous I remember. There where also huge debates on how electricity would work with Pikachu and how potent it's volts would be.

Anyway, I still say Mewtwo is Top Tier, but he's durability wise pretty beatable. I think characters and DK and Ike for example have enough strenght to be able to defeat him, but the point is, they won't last against anything Mewtwo can dish out, and he can do it faster. Mewtwo vs Ness debates where also pretty damn intense, and am saddened that Ness isn't discussed much more.

Cause Ness is also easily one of the strongest fighters, he's got insanely strong PSI attacks and is incredibly durable. Before Mega Evolutions where a thing, I could see many arguements for Ness beating Mewtwo. PSI Lifeup for example and Ness' extreme durability due to absorbing the Earth's essence.. it'll make it hard for Mewtwo to land the finishing blow on Ness. But likewise, Mewtwo can stall with Calm Mind and Recover, plus Special Defense and Special Attack based EVs / Nature. Ness's psychic attacks wouldn't maybe due much damage after Calm Mind but he's also got physical attacks, and on paper status crippling moves, as PK Flash and Paralysis but in Earthbound these are mostly ineffective against enemies on the same level of PSI power as Ness, or surpassing them. I'm assuming Mewtwo is at least as strong as the stronger Starmen who resist these attacks easily, otherwise there's still Safeguard.

If we take the mechanics of both games a little out of the question, like Ness with his mortal damage, and Mewtwo restricted to 4 moves only, there could be a far more fair fight. I could make a 4 Moves moveset for Mewtwo to challenge Ness, but some moves (especially Mewtwo learns by leveling up) don't make sense to just 'forget' especially as other media strongly disagrees with this Pokemon game mechanic. As say, Pokken, Smash and the movies and tv show / anime.

Since both Pokemon and Earthbound are turn-based however, I could see a scenario ending up like this;

:4mewtwo:; *Goes Mega Mewtwo X* Calm Mind +Sp. Atk + Sp.Def (100% HP)
:4mewtwo:; (65~70% HP) Safeguard -5 turns no status-
:4mewtwo:: Recover (roughly same amount of HP as before taking a bat to the face)
:4ness:; PSI Shield (3 attacks half damage)
:4mewtwo:; Calm Mind + Sp. Atk +Sp. Def both stats now doubled
:4mewtwo:; (HP: 55~60%) Recover (HP: 100%)
:4mewtwo:; (HP; 70%) Psy Strike
:4ness:; (40~45% HP) PSI Life Up Y (HP: 100%) PSI Shield -2/3
:4mewtwo:; Calm Mind -Safe Guard effect over
:4ness:; PSI Paralysis
:4mewtwo:; *crippled on Pokemon terms for 2 turns* Paralysis can't move (being generous)
:4ness:; Bat in face
:4mewtwo:; (50% HP) Recover (100% HP) no longer paralysed- so outspeed Ness yet again
:4ness:; (HP: 25% - PSI Shield 1/3) Psi Lifeup Y (HP: 100%)
:4ness:; (HP: 25% PSI Shield broken)

Now he's either going to use PK Flash, aim for a insta kill that only works on enemies with no psychic abilities themselves, and it also is ineffective against bosses.. so doubt it's a good option. It could give Mewtwo a status effect like 'crying' which means lower chance of hitting, but Ness is pretty much stuck anyway. A physical attack is not gonna cut it, and his offensive PSI is also ineffective. Paralysis spam could give it more stall, but Mewtwo's offenses are now so high that any direct hit means a KO, he could even throw another 2 Calm Minds in to ensure a OHKO. As 6 Calm Minds would tripple the base power of Mewtwo's Special stats.

I chosen Mega Mewtwo X on purpose for the extra defense and HP to endure Ness' bat attacks. I ignored critical hits on both sides, as a critical hit from either side would mean the end. That means it's already pretty even. But without them, Mewtwo wins due to stalling advantages. And in all honesty, Mega Mewtwo X should be able to break Ness's PSI Shield with a Brick Break attack. Amnesia could also be used in the first move to give Mewtwo's Special Defense such a boost that Ness could do nothing but physically attack. Bulk Up could then be used to gain the physical advantage by buffs, if Mewtwo X not already stops Ness's physical stats, which am pretty certain he does. The only real challenge for Mewtwo is Ness' insane HP and PSI Lifeup. Then again, Mewtwo also has stuff as Barrier, Light Shield, Guard Swap, Future Sight and even Disable. If Mewtwo just Disables the PSI Lifeup, it's already over. And even if Ness's PSI Rockin for example would mean a OHKO against Mewtwo, Mewtwo still has Me First, that lets him use PSI Rockin before Ness, at 1.5x the power. So that's also pretty much a OHKO against Ness, however durable he is.

Mega Mewtwo Y could be beaten with some luck due to lower defenses but normal Mewtwo has more durability and with the useage of an item, as Leftover or Life Orb would also make an enourmous change in how the battle would look. I also think he should be able to use all the moves he naturally learns by leveling up, at the very least. I assume he's intelligent enough to learn the TM moves on his own, but he doesn't really need them in the matchup here frankly. Outside of Pokemon it's not too important to have elemental coverage, and that's mostly what Mewtwo needs TMs for. Given that, the most fair match I could envision is Mega Mewtwo Y vs Ness. I could do that one next up.

If we go classic and use RBY Mewtwo however, it would be over in far less time, as Amnesia doubled both Mewtwo's power and ressistance of psychic attacks. There would be no Psy Strike, but it's not even needed. Barrier, Recover, Amnesia, Psychic, 4 moves, and a sure win for Mewtwo even by game restrictions.
Relatively minor, but reading this again I noticed a small error.

Recover doesn't cure status conditions, so Mewtwo should still be paralyzed during the final portion of the Ness fight.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Relatively minor, but reading this again I noticed a small error.

Recover doesn't cure status conditions, so Mewtwo should still be paralyzed during the final portion of the Ness fight.
Ness' s paralysis doesnt last the whole fight

Also Safeguard protects against status conditions

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ness' s paralysis doesnt last the whole fight

Also Safeguard protects against status conditions
Gotcha. Wasn't sure if you were using the EarthBound type of paralysis because it was used by Ness, or the Pokémon type of paralysis since it was used on Mewtwo. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gotcha. Wasn't sure if you were using the EarthBound type of paralysis because it was used by Ness, or the Pokémon type of paralysis since it was used on Mewtwo. :p
Yeah am sure that if weaker Eartbbound enemies can escape paralysis from Ness easily then so could Mewtwo. Especially when equipped against him. Ness is duarable and a psychic himself, so it's one of the matchups it takes Mewtwo longer to take someone down. But effeciently.

Mewtwo vs Samus and Sonic are more interessting matchups I think.

Ganondorf also doesn't seem as overpowered as earlier before because of Goddess blessings... Well, lots of Smash's characters weapons are designed to combat that. Talking about the Fire Emblem crew and Pit. The psychics could bypass Ganon more easily too I think. Since Calamity Ganon, Ganondorf doesn't seem so strong anymore. Could only be cause he's so overpowered in-universe.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo vs Samus and Sonic are more interessting matchups I think.
Mewtwo shouldn't have much trouble with Samus unless she can bypass his Hax abilities

Mewtwo vs Sonic would be interesting. I think it could go either way.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I could make a tier list sure. But wouldnt call it the consensus yet, cause we're not all the knowledge there is about this subject. We're simply the only ones left. I miss a lot of old faces here who had great arguements for certain characters.

If I had my saying I'd make my tier list like this:

SS Tier: Basically untouchable by most of the cast.

:4mewtwo::4sonic::4samus::4bayonetta:*

Am not too knowledgeable about Bayonetta however. I've done a little research and it seems she belongs somewhere high. Not sure how she'd fare against the others here, but am sure she beats anyone below.

Mewtwo, Samus and Sonic also stomp the rest below easily and each would give the other a tough time. Personally I say Mewtwo beats the others, but it's all very close.

Some further explanation why these characters deserve SS Tier placement:

:4mewtwo:

Regular Mewtwo alone deserves a placement over the rest purely because of his natural learned moveset. It just gives him so much to work with, he easily hacks his place up here with that alone. Psychic powers are mostly always regarded as the most powerful and useful 'super power' in just about any universe. Mewtwo proofs why. And this is with careful consideration. First of all, he's extremely adaptable and intelligent. So that gives an edge.

But with given restrictions, Mewtwo isn't as flexible as it looks like. Four Move Limit is a damn curse in this regard. But ironically, Mewtwo is versitile and powerful enough to even with with these restrictions. He's got Mega Evolution to help boost his offensive powers whenever needed, Recover, Calm Mind, Me First, Psystrike, Protect, Amnesia.. Let not alone release the beast of RBY Mewtwo ; Amnesia, Recover, Psychic / any move you like...

Mewtwo is all incarations of any generation is an awful beast that nobody wants as an enemy. He can float, stall with teleporting and Recover / Calm Mind to set up.. He has different Mega Evolutions to boost physical of special attacks... He's basically a Dragon Ball Z character, no joke. He could probably beat a couple of them as well. It all depends on what restrictions are applied, cause with Pokemon there's a lot to consider. Does he lose TM moves cause NoTrainer? Does he keep Four Moves Restriction? Or does he have acces to all moves naturally learned by leveling up (this seems the most logical). With full restricitons, I still say he beats Samus. It's just the other stuff that he needs to deal with Super Sonic, and especially Bayonetta. The rest of the cast cannot touch him even with restrictions.

Wild Level 70 Mewtwo is probably about B tier however.

:4sonic:

Chaos Emeralds, Super Sonic, able to move super sonic speeds... Need I say more? Am no Sonic expert. But he belongs here. Regular Sonic is beatable, Super Sonic is like Mewtwo, a Dragon Ball Z character. That's the best way to describe them. Easily makes him beat everything below. The only matchup he should fear are Bayonetta, non restricted Mewtwo, and Samus.. Well, she also runs super sonic speed. Would be a very interessting one.

Regular Sonic is probably about A- Tier i imagine?

Samus doesn't joke around. While she's not an absolute planet buster directly, she's a highly trained one woman army. Intergalatic one woman army. She gets paid to let humanity survive. She deals with high intelligent alien species on her own, has extremely powerful weaponary and has far above super human agility, durability and strenght. She fires stronger shots than a whole futuristic army, runs as super sonic speeds with Speed Booster. Hyper Mode in Metroid Prime also doesn't joke around... Diffuse Ice Missiles, Screw Attack, Power Bombs, all her types of beams and missiles. How doesn't she earn her place here?

Apperantly a destroyer of Gods, demons and angels. Not a friendly one this lady. I need to do more research, but she seems extremely powerful.

S Tier: Extreme powerhouses

:4ness::4pit::4palutena::4lucas::4kirby::4metaknight::rosalina::4bowser:*:4darkpit:

Planetary levels are still reached here. These guys (and girl) could easily take down a Arwing. Think thats quite an acchievement. These fighters all got insane feats and equipment (especially the case of Meta Knight and Pit) that puts them higher than the rest. Some argued Kirby to be God tier, I say the puffball is a little too frail to be up there. But these all could indeed hold a fight against the SS Tier and not go down shamefully I'd say.

Also maybe Shulk belongs here too? Not sure if the powah of the Monado is enkugh to bring him here. :4shulk:

New Adition: Rosalina and Luma.

Added Rosalina to the S Tier because of her feats in Mario Galaxy. She's a sort of cosmic guardian of the Mario universe. So that and surviving the universe's collapse and being able to create black holes puts her up here.

New Adition: Bowser

Bowser also gets here, but he actually shouldn't be up here considering he is destined to be beaten always. Mostly by story purposes however, or a special Mario-only power up. He should be considered of a lower power level than most of the others, but his phenominal strenght easily makes him deserve this tier. If we go by Bowser's Inside Story's Bowser, the Giant Bowser from that game poses enough trouble for even the SS Tier. Considering this, he might actually be higher up, but story purposes and overal bad strategy makes him lower.. He's bound to Bad Guy Syndrome.

New Adition: Dark Pit.

He benefits from Pit's placement. Because that's only logical. He'd probably be somewhat weaker overall, but the matchups Pit wins, Dark Pit wins. And they are close enough in power to share about 90% of matchup results.

S- Tier: Super Heroes Tier

:4mario:

Mario is an interesting guy. He's bound by the Good Guy Syndrome. He's sort of destined to meet any challenge. But he lacks extreme feats, and is often heavily reliant on team work. He does have a lot to work with however, depending on which game you chose his abilities from. So he's pretty damn versitale. He's atletic and jumps very high and his stomp is mighty. Then he also got Mega Mushrooms and tons of other power ups. Could maybe even win matchups from characters higher up than him, in fact, Bowser is ranked higher and Mario beats him. So there's that.

:4luigi:

Luigi is up here cause he's at least equal to Mario. Or is he? He doesn't know... I don't know. You don't know. But don't underestimate him. The perfect Element of Surprise.

He's bound to be at leat equally as strong as Mario, and is also heavily versitale. And above that, extremely powerful, as he can singlehandly punch a huge comet serving as the Moon down to his enemy's face. He easily adapts to any sort of enviorment and he's a terror up close. Donkey Kong might actually be the strongest character of this tier, am pretty sure. Mario vs Donkey Kong sort of shows how Mario cannot beat DK straight up in a fair fight... In Jungle Beat, DK is an absolute beast that tears down enemies 10 x larger than him in a heart beat, a violent an swift heart beat. He cannot handle super natural abilities well I imagine, so that's why he loses to the upper tiered characters. That's why he's placed here. In King of Swings he also has the abilty to heal through bananas and invincibility with crystal coconuts.

I will admit, Diddy barely makes it here but he's well deserving of this tier placement overall. He's weaker than Donkey Kong, and that's mostly due to DK making a solo appearance in Jungle Beat. But Donkey Kong doesn't rely on that appearance alone for his placement. Like Luigi benefiting from Mario's placement, so does Diddy here. He wouldn't win a fight with any character mentioned above. But he would win from character's below. And that's cause he's able to hold his own against the Star Fox crew I imagine. He's also like DK extremely adaptable to natural enviorments, always finding weapon to work with.

He's got Orange Grenades for the explosives, the Barrel Jet with Peanut Popguns to hold an aerial fight, and healing abilities with bananas due to King of Swings, as well as invincibility with crystal coconuts. That makes him win the aerial fight with the Arwings. As well as his projectiles being sort of leaded missiles, he will hit more often and can endure hits with healing and invincibility. If the Arwing crashes and the fight continues on land, Diddy has the obvious egde. Unless a Landmaster is also available? I doubt it, but if it arives it could take time, which Diddy could optimise.

Anyway, Diddy holds his own. His overall matchup results would make him deserve his placement. Even though it takes longer for him to defeat his enemies because he relies on equipment and atletics mostly and not strenght like the rest. Even with that considered, looking at the attack patterns of the DKC2 bosses and given Diddy dodges direct canonball fire, who's to say anything can easily hit him in the first place?

:4cloud:

Cloud should probably belong somewhere around here.. But I know next to nothing about him. So this is a honorary position.

:linkmelee: (Hero of Time)

What can we say about Link? A lot. I put him down this high mostly because of his Ocarina of Time appearance. But I think many other Link incarations deserve to be up here too. I say definitely the Hero of Time should belong here because of his magic arsenal. Nayru's Love and Light Arrows are powerful stuff. I think he might just beat Diddy, but not the others. Breath of the Wild Link also deserves a mention and to be ranked up here I guess, as he also does cool tricks and is highly adaptable. I think if you can destroy several Guardians with ease, you can handle Arwings. Anyway, that guy is not in Smash as of yet. Link of the Past Link, shout out to you too. Or are you a Young or Toon Link? Anyway, the Hero of Time seems his strongest incaration, so there he is.

I'll probably adress the other Links who made an appearance in Smash individually as well. Those be; Young Link (OOT / MM) Toon Link (WW) and Twilight Princess Link.

:younglinkmelee: (Majora's Mask)

Yeah didn't think that last part through. Anyway, you know of Fierce Diety Link? Yes? Okay. Well that's the only actual reason that Young Link from Majora's Mask is up here. Might actually be stronger than the rest of the tier. I could see him beat Kirby, Meta Knight and maybe others.. Could he beat Mewtwo and Samus? He seems like a contender... For now, he's ranked here.

:4myfriends:

He's regarded as the most powerful Hero in his lore. He's the Goddess slayer of Telius, the Hero of Blue Flames, leader of the Greil Mercenaries, Ike. If we take his blessing from Yune literally, not many would be able to even hurt him. He'd maybe lose to Fierce Diety, but unless you carry divine blessing, Ike ain't touched. So along with DK, I say he's leader of the tier. He'd take down Palutena easily. And also Pit most likely. But he loses to the rest.. Maybe.. He could take Lucas. Aether ain't nothing to mess with either! With Ike, you need to beat him swift before he beats you. The longer it takes, the better for him, as Aether will probably be a game changer.

:4wario2:

Placeholder...

S-- Ganon

:4ganondorf:

The Great King of all Evil, Ganondorf. Yes I rank him this low because he's losing to the divine and psychic abilities of most of the cast up here. He will probably beat DK and Diddy in the upper tier, but they instead beat others that Ganondorf cannot handle. I put him in a special lower Tier because he would also probably lose to characters from the Fire Emblem cast. They seem very specifically equiped to handle Ganondorf, but he does beat Arwings. Still, considering how Ganon is one entity, I can say with Breath of the Wild's Ganon that Ganon can be beaten with weapons that are not exactly "blessed". That's why he'll fall to Samus's beams for example, and Mewtwo and the MOTHER kid's psychic abilities. Super Sonic and Bayonetta also beat him, and so do the Mario Bros., Rosalina, Pit, and many others. He'd probably beat Palutena however due to sheer force. And if you wanna go game mechanics, maybe his Dark type magic is super effective against Mewtwo?

A+ Tier: Zero Suit Samus

:4zss:

She still has acces to the beams of regular Samus and the Screw Attack in some of her playable appearances. If we go soly by Metroid Zero Mission ZSS, she drops drastically. But with the Screw Attack and beams alone she should be good. IF we use creative liberty of Smash, we can argue she can use the Grapple Beam as well thanks to the whip-gun-sword in Smash, but I still stand convinced that Screw Attack and Beams is enough. If minimally equiped, expect B- tier or so.

A Tier: Elemental Animals and Wizard

:4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4robinm:

Came to a new conclusion that these characters would all rank togheter very nicely. Robin has story related mechanics that make him very interessting, but his 'Robin' incaration seems pretty defeatable. Still, he's got lots of skills that help him. And magic like Nosferatu. He can change classes, so that would make him very hard to handle for the rest of the Fire Emblem cast, except for Ike.

Now the Pokemon cast. These are all extremely powerful Pokemon in their own right. All have a stronger form, even if Greninja cannot Mega Evolve, there's this Ash Greninja who got stat buffs. Charizard X and Y and Mega Lucario are also not to joke with. They enjoy a lot of gimmicks due to Pokemon hax, but not quite enough like Mewtwo. Still, the matchups he wins outrightely are also probably in advantage to them. Mostly with Lucario and Greninja due to speed. However, I expect Mega Charizard X with enough time to set up Dragon Dance able to tear down anything in this tier.

A- Tier: Basically Arwing Tier

:4fox::4falco::wolf:

These guys are intergalatic mercenaries and gangsters. Well trained and armed, expect them to be able to deal with a lot of **** handled at them. Don't have a lot of defensive abilities except for barrel rolling, but their fire power is strong. Being airbone gives them the edge above the other characters below. However, the Landmaster of Fox and Falco (and since Brawl, also Wolf of course) would still give a whole lot of trouble.

A-- Tier: Pika Tier :pikachumelee:

:4pikachu:

Pikachu in his own tier. Why? He's a glass canon. Hits hard but cannot take them. That's why he loses to everything up here, but he's at least able to take down a lot of their 'HP' before going down. Thunder Wave paralysis also gives a lot of trouble. Pikachu is simply a treat that needs to be dealt with as quickly as possible. His lightning would be able to take down the Arwings, but the Arwings are overall more durable thus placed higher.

A--- Tier: The Blue Falcon

:4falcon:

He just drives... A very fast car. He basically can do infinitive Final Smash against everyone below, because he just goes fast. What a cheater..... :facepalm:

B+ Tier: The Hero of Winds and the Hero of Twilight

:4tlink:

Master Sword and Light Arrows carry you places. He's weaker than the Hero of Time, and lacks his magic, but he's more equiped than the Fire Emblem cast below. Versitality wins here, plus his Boomerang is nasty. Am convinced he's still worthy of this placement.

:4link:

Toon Link might have Light Arrows, but this more adult and realistic version has Bomb Arrows and a whole lot of secret sword tricks to compensate. I say in physical strenght alone, TP Link stomps Toon Link. But we cannot ever know this for sure. They both beat Ganondorf with the help of Zelda. I say they are pretty damn comparable. All depends on if Toon Link is able to hit with the Light Arrows... Which should be hard as TP Link as an edge in sword fighting, and the arrows can be reflected with a shield.

B Tier: Fire Emblem Heroes

:4corrin::4corrinf:*:4feroy::4marth::4lucina:

Corrin might rank higher due to dragon insanity, but I know next to nothing about Fates. So I rank Corrin here as a place holder mostly.

Doesn't matter all too much cause Marth and his upgrated alternate costume clone and DLC semi-clone have weapons that are especially powerful against dragons. Noticed that Fire Emblem Heroes reference? Well that's exactly what has been happening a lot in my playthroughs. So Corrin might be stronger to the rest of the cast, but they get beaten like a pulp by the rest of the tier.

Marth deserves special status due to FE1 Falchion hax. If we count that, he goes higher up. There's also the Dark Orb, and the Shield of Seals that give him a lot. Anyone played FE12? You should. Cool game.

Lucina is probably a lot stronger than the others if we go by recent appearances. She might potentially be near-Ike level. But she likely loses to the same matchups and loses a few more because no Yune blessings. Still, she's not one to take lightly. Should be with Robin sitting higher, but with her sword alone she cannot easily deal with the technological advanced characters up. She does beat Pikachu and maybe the other Pokemon however? Mega Charizard X wouldn't like to meet Falchion am sure... Lucario and Greninja are a different story.. She might get a promotion later on. Do think she can beat Ganon however.

Roy has the Sword of Seals. It's a very strong weapon you know. Shoots fire and kills dragons. Not too impressive? Well he goes and defeats a whole lot of ancient dragons with it. And he beat Zephiel in canon. From all the Fire Emblem units he's probably the weakest overall.

B- Tier: Team Underdog

:4littlemac::4ryu::4yoshi::4peach::4zelda::4drmario::4bowserjr::4dedede:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People, I settled this all the way in 2014.

The strongest character? Wario.

Wario can lift this thing up and toss it clear across the room. Without using power-ups (so no, Fighter Kirby's Megaton Punch doesn't count).

Though DK has been shown to punch the moon down, so that may be a tough call.

These 39 pages of arguments? They're about who's the most powerful, not who's the strongest like the title asks.
[/thread]
(If the above picture doesn't load, it's of Dynomighty from Wario World)
How did we reach 167 pages of debate?

It's clear y'all can't read and/or have no grasp of the definition of the word "strong".

strong
strôNG/
adjective
superlative adjective: strongest
  1. 1.
    having the power to move heavy weights or perform other physically demanding tasks.
    "she cut through the water with her strong arms"
    synonyms: powerful, muscular, brawny, powerfully built, strapping, sturdy, burly, heavily built, meaty, robust, athletic, tough, rugged, lusty, strong as an ox/horse;
    antonyms: weak, puny

2. 2.
    able to withstand great force or pressure.
    "cotton is strong, hard-wearing, and easy to handle"
    synonyms: secure, well built, indestructible, well fortified, well protected, impregnable, solid antonyms: weak, flimsy

Combine the two definitions, and it's clear that the answer is Wario.

Like seriously. Take it away, Guzma.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Diddy Kong Diddy Kong Opossum Opossum Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
You guys have probably been on here enough to form an opinion about the strength of each character. You should all make tier lists, since I feel we're almost at a consensus.
I could probably toss something together, but since I'm not equally knowledgeable on every series, so someone else may need to fill in some things I miss. :p Warning: some spoilers for relevant games.

:4shulk:*:4robinm:*:rosalina:

The first two only get placed here under specific circumstances. Shulk, from what I've heard, literally becomes God in Xenoblade. Fair note, I've only played about an hour or so of Xenoblade Chronicles, so if this is inaccurate, please say so. However, from what I know, this is only possible with the Monado fully unlocked, and not the version in Smash. As such, canon!Shulk falls lower.

Robin is here only if Grima is included. Robin is the reincarnation of Grima, a fell-dragon created by Forneus to be the perfect being. Grima has near God-Level strength, but durability is what puts it here. The only two methods of defeating Grima are sealing it with the Exalted Falchion, or by Grima committing suicide. Because Grima doesn't die if he's sealed away, the only way to kill him is for him to kill himself. However, given that the Robin in Smash is the one from the present that doesn't become Grima, this is merely here as a hypothetical, like Shulk.

Rosalina is the only one here that isn't a hypothetical situation. She straight up survived the destruction of the universe in Super Mario Galaxy and helped recreate it. She is nigh indestructible.

:4bayonetta::4cloud::4kirby::4megaman::4mewtwo::4palutena::4sonic::4samus:

Bayonetta is rocking time manipulation, Sonic has super speed. Both of these are broken.

Mega Man and Palutena can summon black holes.

Kirby has a myriad of planet-busting feats, notably the Megaton Punch and Crash Kirby.

Mewtwo, even if limited to four moves, reaches insane power levels, and that's WITHOUT Mega Evolution.

Samus's feats have been explained to death, but basically her load out is OP as all hell.

Cloud is here just because I've seen others say he's about this level. I haven't played Final Fantasy VII, so once again Your Mileage May Vary,

:4bowser::4charizard::4corrinf::4darkpit::4dk::4mario::4drmario::4luigi::4ganondorf::4greninja::4myfriends::4metaknight::4ness::4lucas::4pacman::4pikachu::4pit::4peach::4robinm::4feroy::4shulk::4lucario::4wario::4ryu:*

Basically this group is a step down from the OP-like nature of the above group, but are still far beyond the potential of normal humans.

Bowser is insanely durable. He's survived falls that certainly should have killed him. Hell, the guy fell through the core of a star.

Mario (Doc by extension), Luigi, Peach, and Wario can all step on boiling lava and only take damage from it, as opposed to the instant death it should be.

Donkey Kong punched the moon into the planet.

Pit is a godkiller with some powerful artillery, and Dark Pit is his mirrored double.

Greninja's Water Shurikens can shear metal. Charizard's breath can melt boulders. Lucario's power is amplified through Mega Evolution, has access to Extreme Speed, and can read minds using aura powers.

Pikachu, Ness, Lucas, and Pac-Man are here because they can use electricity to their advantage. In real life application, power over electricity is stupidly powerful. Robin is here too, but also due to Robin also wielding other various tomes and swords, in addition to having tactical expertise.

Corrin's Yato is an incredibly powerful chainsaw sword and can transform using a Dragonstone.

Roy's Binding Blade is stupidly broken. Meta Knight's Galaxia is stupidly broken. Ike himself is stupidly broken.

Shulk has precognition.

Ganondorf is the embodiment of power, and if it weren't for a sweeping weakness to holy weapons, and not just a specific one, he'd be higher.

Ryu is another hypothetical. If he gives into the Satsui no Hado and becomes Evil Ryu, he goes here.

:4dedede::4diddy::4bowserjr::4falco::4fox::4link::4lucina::4marth::4rob:*:4sheik::4tlink::4zelda::4zss::4yoshi::4jigglypuff:

This tier is for characters stronger than the average human, while also wielding deadly weaponry.

Dedede has a jet hammer.

Diddy Kong may wield peanuts, but spider monkeys are strong for their size. Plus he can carry DK during flight, which is outlandish.

Link, Marth, Toon Link, and Lucina wield goddess-blessed blades and are combat experts. Zelda herself has magic from the goddesses, in addition to goddess-blessed Light Arrows. Sheik is Zelda.

Fox and Falco have trained in extreme conditions, may-or-may-not be enhanced amputees, and wield laser guns on foot, in addition to their Assault load outs.

Zero Suit Samus is far beyond peak human and wields advanced firearms.

R.O.B. is another hypothetical, which depends on your definition of canon. If you take canon R.O.B. as the in-universe one from Mario Kart DS, for example, he's here due to being advanced AI.

Yoshi can ingest enemies much larger than itself with no sign of wear and survives the vacuum of space.

Jigglypuff, while being the weakest Pokémon here, is still strong due to the nature of Pokémon themselves. It learns an assortment of powerful moves, including Hyper Voice, which has deadly applications in real life.

:4falcon::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4ryu:

Captain Falcon is here due to never canonically using his firearm. Survives space and is in top physical form.

Duck Hunt's Hunter has a gun, and dogs are pretty tough.

Little Mac is powerful on his own and moves incredibly fast, and Giga Mac is stronger, but he's still beatable.

Ryu has Hadouken and various other techniques, but can still be beaten.

:4gaw::4wiifit::4villager::4mii::4miif:
Canonically, these guys are just civilians.

:4olimar:
Olimar is a civilian that controls a very-destroyable army...and is also the size of a quarter. Poor guy didn't have a chance here.

That's my take. They're not ordered within the tiers.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
My New Tier List (characters aren't ranked within Tiers)

Tiers may be broken into subtiers, indicated by different rows. Fights between characters in different subtiers would usually be one sided, but given certain circumstances an upset is possible (as compared to different tiers altogether, where the weaker fighter has no chance in hell of winning).

Characters who are in the same tier can likely fight on a somewhat equal level, whereas fights between characters in different tiers would be complete and utter stomps.
:4bayonetta::4dedede::4kirby::4metaknight::4mewtwo:
These guys are ridiculous. They have DBZ tier levels of strength and/or Jojo's bizarre adventure levels of hax. Humanity has no hope in defeating them, and we won't be able to for thousands of years.

Bayonetta canonically beat gods who could destroy large planets, and can also summon many other characters with power comparable to her own. Strongest character by pure physical strength.

Dedede has power comparable to Kirby, and also has access to the FTL warpstar.

Kirby casually destroyed planets around the same size as earth, and can tank attacks with equal power easily. Can ride the warpstar, which can traverse entire galaxies in seconds. Kirby can also turn his stomach into a black hole, and regenerate very easily.

Meta Knight has power comparable to Kirby, and also can use a warp star. He can stop time to heal himself up to 5 times.

Mewtwo is nowhere near the others on terms of raw power and speed, but can easily make up for it with his crazy amount of hax. Trick room, Telekinesis, Teleport, and psych-up lets him make up for inferior speed, me fist lets him make up for inferior offensive power, and protect lets him make up for inferior defensive power.

:4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4darkpit::4diddy::4dk::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4greninja::4lucario::4palutena::4pit::rosalina::4samus::4sonic::4wario2::4zss::wolf:
These characters have power equal to or greater than nuclear bombs, and many can travel at supersonic speeds. Several also have many hax abilities or have a wide range of powers Humanity would be completely screwed if any of these characters decided to oppose them, and even if they win humanity would become a complete wasteland with few survivors

Bowser can't even be damaged by the castle busting Mario, and can make himself become magnetudes stronger in some of his other forms. Could be a tier higher with access to the star rod.

Bowser Jr. has an army of robots, all of which far outclass Mario in strength.

The pokemon on this list all have base stats equal to the large city/continent level legendaries, and also have all the hax that comes with being a pokemon in the first place.

Pit and Dark Pit fly at supersonic speeds and have very strong offensive power. Palutena is likely on this level as well.

Donkey Kong punched the godamn moon out of orbit. Diddy is portrayed as an equal to Donkey Kong in most of their games, so I put him up here too

The star fox characters all have arwings

Ganondorf is a tier lower on terms of actual strength/speed, but can only be damaged by Light/Holy weapons, landing him in this tier.

Rosalina+lumas is an interesting case. On terms of sheer strength shes equal to Mario, but utilizing the lumas she can do some ridiculous things. Overall a glass canon.

Samus has a crazy arsenal of super strong abilities

Sonic travels at supersonic speeds, is very durable with super sonic, and hits hard.

Wario-Man can fly into space very quickly, and has large scale hypnosis powers. Toonforce style immunity to the elements.

:4drmario::4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4peach::4shulk::4yoshi:
:4cloud::4corrin::4myfriends::4link::4lucas::4lucina::4marth::4ness::4pikachu::4robinm::4feroy::4ryu::4sheik::4tlink::4zelda::ivysaur:
:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:
These characters would require the government to use Nuclear weaponry to defeat and would be a threat to the safety of the human population, but they would be defeated before destroying much more than a few cities. They can destroy Buildings/Castles/Towns casually.

Top Row: Lots of hax/wide range of abilities along with Castle tier feats
Middle Row: Nothing really special about them other than physical strength
Bottom Row: Koopalings

Mario, Luigi, Doc, Peach, and Yoshi all have an extremely wide arsenal of abilities that let them handle almost any senario

Mega man can stop time

Shulk can see the future

The koopalings all have power around that of Mario, but have highly predictable and easy to dodge attacks

The rest of these guys don't have much I can say about them other than "they can destroy buildings/castles"

:4falcon::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4pacman::pichumelee::snake::popo::squirtle:
These Characters are all far beyond the abilities of a single human, even if he is armed with modern day weaponry. If any of these characters went rouge, it would become a national threat, and the police force and likely even the military would need to take action to defeat one of them.

Captain Falcon travel at crazy speeds in the blue falcon

Jiggs, Pichu, and Squrtle all have the trademark pokemon hax

Many of little Mac's opponents showed superhuman feats such as running along side a bullet train, or one shotting a bull.

Pacman has a lot of power-ups and can survive being hit by missiles.

Snake can survive bullets and has very strong stealth

Ice Climbers can one shot many animals that would easily beat a normal person, and can jump very high for their size. Plus, there's 2 of them.

:4duckhunt::4miigun:
:4miisword::4villager::4gaw:
:4miibrawl::4wiifitm:
:4wiifit:
These characters have abilities that are possible for a normal human to reach. These characters would be easily stopped by the police force.

Top Row: Uses a firearm
Middle Row: Has close range/melee weapons
Low Row: Physically fit, adult, Male
Bottom Row: Physically fit, adult, Female

:4olimar::4alph:
:4rob:
These characters would easily be stopped by an ordinary human,
Top Row: Living, Breathing, Beings
Bottom Row: Non-Living

Strongest: Bayonetta (Large planet level)

Fastest: Warp Star Users (FTL)

Smartest: Wario (Highly successful businessman and inventor)

Weakest: Olimar (Tiny Size)

Slowest: Olimar (Tiny Size)

Dumbest: ROB (Non-living)

Ability to strike above weight: Mewtwo (Gets a full tier boost due to this)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Roy's Binding Blade is stupidly broken. Meta Knight's Galaxia is stupidly broken. Ike himself is stupidly broken.
This made me laugh so freaking much.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I could make a tier list sure. But wouldnt call it the consensus yet, cause we're not all the knowledge there is about this subject. We're simply the only ones left. I miss a lot of old faces here who had great arguements for certain characters.

If I had my saying I'd make my tier list like this:

Am not too knowledgeable about Bayonetta however. I've done a little research and it seems she belongs somewhere high. Not sure how she'd fare against the others here, but am sure she beats anyone below.

Mewtwo, Samus and Sonic also stomp the rest below easily and each would give the other a tough time. Personally I say Mewtwo beats the others, but it's all very close.

Some further explanation why these characters deserve SS Tier placement:

:4mewtwo:

Regular Mewtwo alone deserves a placement over the rest purely because of his natural learned moveset. It just gives him so much to work with, he easily hacks his place up here with that alone. Psychic powers are mostly always regarded as the most powerful and useful 'super power' in just about any universe. Mewtwo proofs why. And this is with careful consideration. First of all, he's extremely adaptable and intelligent. So that gives an edge.

But with given restrictions, Mewtwo isn't as flexible as it looks like. Four Move Limit is a damn curse in this regard. But ironically, Mewtwo is versitile and powerful enough to even with with these restrictions. He's got Mega Evolution to help boost his offensive powers whenever needed, Recover, Calm Mind, Me First, Psystrike, Protect, Amnesia.. Let not alone release the beast of RBY Mewtwo ; Amnesia, Recover, Psychic / any move you like...

Mewtwo is all incarations of any generation is an awful beast that nobody wants as an enemy. He can float, stall with teleporting and Recover / Calm Mind to set up.. He has different Mega Evolutions to boost physical of special attacks... He's basically a Dragon Ball Z character, no joke. He could probably beat a couple of them as well. It all depends on what restrictions are applied, cause with Pokemon there's a lot to consider. Does he lose TM moves cause NoTrainer? Does he keep Four Moves Restriction? Or does he have acces to all moves naturally learned by leveling up (this seems the most logical). With full restricitons, I still say he beats Samus. It's just the other stuff that he needs to deal with Super Sonic, and especially Bayonetta. The rest of the cast cannot touch him even with restrictions.

Wild Level 70 Mewtwo is probably about B tier however.

:4sonic:

Chaos Emeralds, Super Sonic, able to move super sonic speeds... Need I say more? Am no Sonic expert. But he belongs here. Regular Sonic is beatable, Super Sonic is like Mewtwo, a Dragon Ball Z character. That's the best way to describe them. Easily makes him beat everything below. The only matchup he should fear are Bayonetta, non restricted Mewtwo, and Samus.. Well, she also runs super sonic speed. Would be a very interessting one.

Regular Sonic is probably about A- Tier i imagine?

Samus doesn't joke around. While she's not an absolute planet buster directly, she's a highly trained one woman army. Intergalatic one woman army. She gets paid to let humanity survive. She deals with high intelligent alien species on her own, has extremely powerful weaponary and has far above super human agility, durability and strenght. She fires stronger shots than a whole futuristic army, runs as super sonic speeds with Speed Booster. Hyper Mode in Metroid Prime also doesn't joke around... Diffuse Ice Missiles, Screw Attack, Power Bombs, all her types of beams and missiles. How doesn't she earn her place here?

Apperantly a destroyer of Gods, demons and angels. Not a friendly one this lady. I need to do more research, but she seems extremely powerful.

:4ness::4pit::4palutena::4lucas::4kirby::4metaknight::rosalina::4bowser:*:4darkpit:

Planetary levels are still reached here. These guys (and girl) could easily take down a Arwing. Think thats quite an acchievement. These fighters all got insane feats and equipment (especially the case of Meta Knight and Pit) that puts them higher than the rest. Some argued Kirby to be God tier, I say the puffball is a little too frail to be up there. But these all could indeed hold a fight against the SS Tier and not go down shamefully I'd say.

Also maybe Shulk belongs here too? Not sure if the powah of the Monado is enkugh to bring him here. :4shulk:

New Adition: Rosalina and Luma.

Added Rosalina to the S Tier because of her feats in Mario Galaxy. She's a sort of cosmic guardian of the Mario universe. So that and surviving the universe's collapse and being able to create black holes puts her up here.

New Adition: Bowser

Bowser also gets here, but he actually shouldn't be up here considering he is destined to be beaten always. Mostly by story purposes however, or a special Mario-only power up. He should be considered of a lower power level than most of the others, but his phenominal strenght easily makes him deserve this tier. If we go by Bowser's Inside Story's Bowser, the Giant Bowser from that game poses enough trouble for even the SS Tier. Considering this, he might actually be higher up, but story purposes and overal bad strategy makes him lower.. He's bound to Bad Guy Syndrome.

New Adition: Dark Pit.

He benefits from Pit's placement. Because that's only logical. He'd probably be somewhat weaker overall, but the matchups Pit wins, Dark Pit wins. And they are close enough in power to share about 90% of matchup results.

:4mario:

Mario is an interesting guy. He's bound by the Good Guy Syndrome. He's sort of destined to meet any challenge. But he lacks extreme feats, and is often heavily reliant on team work. He does have a lot to work with however, depending on which game you chose his abilities from. So he's pretty damn versitale. He's atletic and jumps very high and his stomp is mighty. Then he also got Mega Mushrooms and tons of other power ups. Could maybe even win matchups from characters higher up than him, in fact, Bowser is ranked higher and Mario beats him. So there's that.

:4luigi:

Luigi is up here cause he's at least equal to Mario. Or is he? He doesn't know... I don't know. You don't know. But don't underestimate him. The perfect Element of Surprise.

He's bound to be at leat equally as strong as Mario, and is also heavily versitale. And above that, extremely powerful, as he can singlehandly punch a huge comet serving as the Moon down to his enemy's face. He easily adapts to any sort of enviorment and he's a terror up close. Donkey Kong might actually be the strongest character of this tier, am pretty sure. Mario vs Donkey Kong sort of shows how Mario cannot beat DK straight up in a fair fight... In Jungle Beat, DK is an absolute beast that tears down enemies 10 x larger than him in a heart beat, a violent an swift heart beat. He cannot handle super natural abilities well I imagine, so that's why he loses to the upper tiered characters. That's why he's placed here. In King of Swings he also has the abilty to heal through bananas and invincibility with crystal coconuts.

I will admit, Diddy barely makes it here but he's well deserving of this tier placement overall. He's weaker than Donkey Kong, and that's mostly due to DK making a solo appearance in Jungle Beat. But Donkey Kong doesn't rely on that appearance alone for his placement. Like Luigi benefiting from Mario's placement, so does Diddy here. He wouldn't win a fight with any character mentioned above. But he would win from character's below. And that's cause he's able to hold his own against the Star Fox crew I imagine. He's also like DK extremely adaptable to natural enviorments, always finding weapon to work with.

He's got Orange Grenades for the explosives, the Barrel Jet with Peanut Popguns to hold an aerial fight, and healing abilities with bananas due to King of Swings, as well as invincibility with crystal coconuts. That makes him win the aerial fight with the Arwings. As well as his projectiles being sort of leaded missiles, he will hit more often and can endure hits with healing and invincibility. If the Arwing crashes and the fight continues on land, Diddy has the obvious egde. Unless a Landmaster is also available? I doubt it, but if it arives it could take time, which Diddy could optimise.

Anyway, Diddy holds his own. His overall matchup results would make him deserve his placement. Even though it takes longer for him to defeat his enemies because he relies on equipment and atletics mostly and not strenght like the rest. Even with that considered, looking at the attack patterns of the DKC2 bosses and given Diddy dodges direct canonball fire, who's to say anything can easily hit him in the first place?

:4cloud:

Cloud should probably belong somewhere around here.. But I know next to nothing about him. So this is a honorary position.

:linkmelee: (Hero of Time)

What can we say about Link? A lot. I put him down this high mostly because of his Ocarina of Time appearance. But I think many other Link incarations deserve to be up here too. I say definitely the Hero of Time should belong here because of his magic arsenal. Nayru's Love and Light Arrows are powerful stuff. I think he might just beat Diddy, but not the others. Breath of the Wild Link also deserves a mention and to be ranked up here I guess, as he also does cool tricks and is highly adaptable. I think if you can destroy several Guardians with ease, you can handle Arwings. Anyway, that guy is not in Smash as of yet. Link of the Past Link, shout out to you too. Or are you a Young or Toon Link? Anyway, the Hero of Time seems his strongest incaration, so there he is.

I'll probably adress the other Links who made an appearance in Smash individually as well. Those be; Young Link (OOT / MM) Toon Link (WW) and Twilight Princess Link.

:younglinkmelee: (Majora's Mask)

Yeah didn't think that last part through. Anyway, you know of Fierce Diety Link? Yes? Okay. Well that's the only actual reason that Young Link from Majora's Mask is up here. Might actually be stronger than the rest of the tier. I could see him beat Kirby, Meta Knight and maybe others.. Could he beat Mewtwo and Samus? He seems like a contender... For now, he's ranked here.

:4myfriends:

He's regarded as the most powerful Hero in his lore. He's the Goddess slayer of Telius, the Hero of Blue Flames, leader of the Greil Mercenaries, Ike. If we take his blessing from Yune literally, not many would be able to even hurt him. He'd maybe lose to Fierce Diety, but unless you carry divine blessing, Ike ain't touched. So along with DK, I say he's leader of the tier. He'd take down Palutena easily. And also Pit most likely. But he loses to the rest.. Maybe.. He could take Lucas. Aether ain't nothing to mess with either! With Ike, you need to beat him swift before he beats you. The longer it takes, the better for him, as Aether will probably be a game changer.

:4wario2:

Placeholder...

S-- Ganon

:4ganondorf:

The Great King of all Evil, Ganondorf. Yes I rank him this low because he's losing to the divine and psychic abilities of most of the cast up here. He will probably beat DK and Diddy in the upper tier, but they instead beat others that Ganondorf cannot handle. I put him in a special lower Tier because he would also probably lose to characters from the Fire Emblem cast. They seem very specifically equiped to handle Ganondorf, but he does beat Arwings. Still, considering how Ganon is one entity, I can say with Breath of the Wild's Ganon that Ganon can be beaten with weapons that are not exactly "blessed". That's why he'll fall to Samus's beams for example, and Mewtwo and the MOTHER kid's psychic abilities. Super Sonic and Bayonetta also beat him, and so do the Mario Bros., Rosalina, Pit, and many others. He'd probably beat Palutena however due to sheer force. And if you wanna go game mechanics, maybe his Dark type magic is super effective against Mewtwo?

A+ Tier: Zero Suit Samus

:4zss:

She still has acces to the beams of regular Samus and the Screw Attack in some of her playable appearances. If we go soly by Metroid Zero Mission ZSS, she drops drastically. But with the Screw Attack and beams alone she should be good. IF we use creative liberty of Smash, we can argue she can use the Grapple Beam as well thanks to the whip-gun-sword in Smash, but I still stand convinced that Screw Attack and Beams is enough. If minimally equiped, expect B- tier or so.

A Tier: Elemental Animals and Wizard

:4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4robinm:

Came to a new conclusion that these characters would all rank togheter very nicely. Robin has story related mechanics that make him very interessting, but his 'Robin' incaration seems pretty defeatable. Still, he's got lots of skills that help him. And magic like Nosferatu. He can change classes, so that would make him very hard to handle for the rest of the Fire Emblem cast, except for Ike.

Now the Pokemon cast. These are all extremely powerful Pokemon in their own right. All have a stronger form, even if Greninja cannot Mega Evolve, there's this Ash Greninja who got stat buffs. Charizard X and Y and Mega Lucario are also not to joke with. They enjoy a lot of gimmicks due to Pokemon hax, but not quite enough like Mewtwo. Still, the matchups he wins outrightely are also probably in advantage to them. Mostly with Lucario and Greninja due to speed. However, I expect Mega Charizard X with enough time to set up Dragon Dance able to tear down anything in this tier.

A- Tier: Basically Arwing Tier

:4fox::4falco::wolf:

These guys are intergalatic mercenaries and gangsters. Well trained and armed, expect them to be able to deal with a lot of **** handled at them. Don't have a lot of defensive abilities except for barrel rolling, but their fire power is strong. Being airbone gives them the edge above the other characters below. However, the Landmaster of Fox and Falco (and since Brawl, also Wolf of course) would still give a whole lot of trouble.

A-- Tier: Pika Tier :pikachumelee:

:4pikachu:

Pikachu in his own tier. Why? He's a glass canon. Hits hard but cannot take them. That's why he loses to everything up here, but he's at least able to take down a lot of their 'HP' before going down. Thunder Wave paralysis also gives a lot of trouble. Pikachu is simply a treat that needs to be dealt with as quickly as possible. His lightning would be able to take down the Arwings, but the Arwings are overall more durable thus placed higher.

A--- Tier: The Blue Falcon

:4falcon:

He just drives... A very fast car. He basically can do infinitive Final Smash against everyone below, because he just goes fast. What a cheater..... :facepalm:

B+ Tier: The Hero of Winds and the Hero of Twilight

:4tlink:

Master Sword and Light Arrows carry you places. He's weaker than the Hero of Time, and lacks his magic, but he's more equiped than the Fire Emblem cast below. Versitality wins here, plus his Boomerang is nasty. Am convinced he's still worthy of this placement.

:4link:

Toon Link might have Light Arrows, but this more adult and realistic version has Bomb Arrows and a whole lot of secret sword tricks to compensate. I say in physical strenght alone, TP Link stomps Toon Link. But we cannot ever know this for sure. They both beat Ganondorf with the help of Zelda. I say they are pretty damn comparable. All depends on if Toon Link is able to hit with the Light Arrows... Which should be hard as TP Link as an edge in sword fighting, and the arrows can be reflected with a shield.

B Tier: Fire Emblem Heroes

Corrin might rank higher due to dragon insanity, but I know next to nothing about Fates. So I rank Corrin here as a place holder mostly.

Doesn't matter all too much cause Marth and his upgrated alternate costume clone and DLC semi-clone have weapons that are especially powerful against dragons. Noticed that Fire Emblem Heroes reference? Well that's exactly what has been happening a lot in my playthroughs. So Corrin might be stronger to the rest of the cast, but they get beaten like a pulp by the rest of the tier.

Marth deserves special status due to FE1 Falchion hax. If we count that, he goes higher up. There's also the Dark Orb, and the Shield of Seals that give him a lot. Anyone played FE12? You should. Cool game.

Lucina is probably a lot stronger than the others if we go by recent appearances. She might potentially be near-Ike level. But she likely loses to the same matchups and loses a few more because no Yune blessings. Still, she's not one to take lightly. Should be with Robin sitting higher, but with her sword alone she cannot easily deal with the technological advanced characters up. She does beat Pikachu and maybe the other Pokemon however? Mega Charizard X wouldn't like to meet Falchion am sure... Lucario and Greninja are a different story.. She might get a promotion later on. Do think she can beat Ganon however.

Roy has the Sword of Seals. It's a very strong weapon you know. Shoots fire and kills dragons. Not too impressive? Well he goes and defeats a whole lot of ancient dragons with it. And he beat Zephiel in canon. From all the Fire Emblem units he's probably the weakest overall.

B- Tier: Team Underdog

Shamelessly quoting my own post to generate attention as I spend a lot of time on this ****.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Shamelessly quoting my own post to generate attention as I spend a lot of time on this ****.
It wasn't done when I last looked.

I gotta say...

Why separate Dr. Mario and Mario when they are the same person?

That aside, everyone is underestimating Dedede.

I know Kirby beats him, but when he can easily keep up with Kirby and Meta Knight and can keep each of them on their toes, I think he'd pretty damn strong.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
I would merge a lot of the tiers, since there isn't enough info to place them in such specific tiers, and there's also a big rock-paper-scissors thing going on with the cast too.

I would Merge this tier with the one below it, there isn't that much that separates it.

Sonic and Samus are no where near strong enough to be in this tier. Sonic is honestly only faster than sound. The Pits, the arwing users, Wario, and Falcon are all that fast as well, and the Kirby characters are all even faster than that.

Samus's weapons are only as strong as nukes, so there's no way she can phase the top tiers.

Can Ness/Lukas really destroy planets? I thought that Gygas was weakened or something?

The Kid Icarus cast don't really have any planet busting feats.

Rosalina is pretty strong but she's a glass canon. Anyone fast enough could blitz her pretty quickly

Bowser also lacks feats that would put him this high. He's Incredibly powerful in universe (like most Mario baddies), but he's not a planet buster

:4mario::4luigi::4dk::4diddy::4cloud::linkmelee::4myfriends::4wario2::4ganondorf:
No one on here has any planet busting feats, it should be merged with A tier

Mario and Luigi are too high. 90% of the time their outclassed heavily by Bowser/Dk, and they can't Match the others in their tier

Cloud and the Links are way too high. They can only really destroy castles, which puts them equal to Mario and co.

I've been hearing a lot about Ike. What are some of his feats?

Falcon seems too high. Wouldn't crashing into someone with the blue falcon just damage Falcon equally?

I would put pika and the links down a tier but other than that it's pretty good.

B Tier:

Little mac seems a bit too high.

Peach is equal to Mario in strength and gets all the same power-ups

Yoshi is shown to be stronger than Mario in most games he shows up in, and he's defeated Bowser in a way that required more raw power than the ways Mario beats him

Dedede is being lowballed waaaaaaaaaaaay too much. He's portrayed as an equal to Kirby, and has slightly higher in game stats as well. He may lose to Kirby a lot but he did beat a clone of Meta Knight (As of Robobot Meta knight is confirmed to be a planet buster). He gets the FTl warp star which should put him much higher even if you don't scale him to Kirby.

Bowser Jr. has a whole army of robots that all outclass Mario in strength.

:4shulk:*:4robinm:*:rosalina:

The first two only get placed here under specific circumstances. Shulk, from what I've heard, literally becomes God in Xenoblade. Fair note, I've only played about an hour or so of Xenoblade Chronicles, so if this is inaccurate, please say so. However, from what I know, this is only possible with the Monado fully unlocked, and not the version in Smash. As such, canon!Shulk falls lower.

Robin is here only if Grima is included. Robin is the reincarnation of Grima, a fell-dragon created by Forneus to be the perfect being. Grima has near God-Level strength, but durability is what puts it here. The only two methods of defeating Grima are sealing it with the Exalted Falchion, or by Grima committing suicide. Because Grima doesn't die if he's sealed away, the only way to kill him is for him to kill himself. However, given that the Robin in Smash is the one from the present that doesn't become Grima, this is merely here as a hypothetical, like Shulk.

Rosalina is the only one here that isn't a hypothetical situation. She straight up survived the destruction of the universe in Super Mario Galaxy and helped recreate it. She is nigh indestructible.

Putting Shulk this high is fair

Grima!Robin can still be suffocated by most of the people who outclass him.

Remember that Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and basically every other character also survived the destruction of the universe. We really don't know what happened at the end of galaxy and all theories about it are really just headcanon. Rosalina is for the most part a glass canon, since she was shown to be as durable as Mario in that one game where she was a dlc character. She can do a lot of crazy stuff but she can still be blitzed before she does it.

:4bayonetta::4cloud::4kirby::4megaman::4mewtwo::4palutena::4sonic::4samus:

Bayonetta is rocking time manipulation, Sonic has super speed. Both of these are broken.

Mega Man and Palutena can summon black holes.

Kirby has a myriad of planet-busting feats, notably the Megaton Punch and Crash Kirby.

Mewtwo, even if limited to four moves, reaches insane power levels, and that's WITHOUT Mega Evolution.

Samus's feats have been explained to death, but basically her load out is OP as all hell.

Cloud is here just because I've seen others say he's about this level. I haven't played Final Fantasy VII, so once again Your Mileage May Vary,

Sonic really isn't fast enough to warrant being placed in this tier. Pit, Wario, and Falcon all match his speed.

Are the mega man/Palutena black holes actually black holes though. A lot of things in video games that are supposedly black holes behave very differently than actual black holes.

Samus has a strong load-out but would simply be straight up outclassed in raw stats by most of the tier

Cloud is not that high. Vs battles wiki ****ed him to an extreme extent and I fell for it.

:4bowser::4charizard::4corrinf::4darkpit::4dk::4mario::4drmario::4luigi::4ganondorf::4greninja::4myfriends::4metaknight::4ness::4lucas::4pacman::4pikachu::4pit::4peach::4robinm::4feroy::4shulk::4lucario::4wario::4ryu:*

Basically this group is a step down from the OP-like nature of the above group, but are still far beyond the potential of normal humans.

Bowser is insanely durable. He's survived falls that certainly should have killed him. Hell, the guy fell through the core of a star.

Mario (Doc by extension), Luigi, Peach, and Wario can all step on boiling lava and only take damage from it, as opposed to the instant death it should be.

Donkey Kong punched the moon into the planet.

Pit is a godkiller with some powerful artillery, and Dark Pit is his mirrored double.

Greninja's Water Shurikens can shear metal. Charizard's breath can melt boulders. Lucario's power is amplified through Mega Evolution, has access to Extreme Speed, and can read minds using aura powers.

Pikachu, Ness, Lucas, and Pac-Man are here because they can use electricity to their advantage. In real life application, power over electricity is stupidly powerful. Robin is here too, but also due to Robin also wielding other various tomes and swords, in addition to having tactical expertise.

Corrin's Yato is an incredibly powerful chainsaw sword and can transform using a Dragonstone.

Shulk has precognition.

Ganondorf is the embodiment of power, and if it weren't for a sweeping weakness to holy weapons, and not just a specific one, he'd be higher.

Ryu is another hypothetical. If he gives into the Satsui no Hado and becomes Evil Ryu, he goes here.

The Mario cast seems a bit too high. Same with Shulk, Roy, Robin and Corrin.

I wouldn't factor in real life application of electricity control. Also, I assume your talking about Ionic Bonding manipulation?

Meta Knight canonically defeated a planet buster on 2 occasions, and is portrayed as an equal to Kirby.

I've been hearing a lot about how OP Ike is. What are some of his feats?

:4dedede::4diddy::4bowserjr::4falco::4fox::4link::4lucina::4marth::4rob:*:4sheik::4tlink::4zelda::4zss::4yoshi::4jigglypuff:

This tier is for characters stronger than the average human, while also wielding deadly weaponry.

Dedede has a jet hammer.

Diddy Kong may wield peanuts, but spider monkeys are strong for their size. Plus he can carry DK during flight, which is outlandish.

Link, Marth, Toon Link, and Lucina wield goddess-blessed blades and are combat experts. Zelda herself has magic from the goddesses, in addition to goddess-blessed Light Arrows. Sheik is Zelda.

Fox and Falco have trained in extreme conditions, may-or-may-not be enhanced amputees, and wield laser guns on foot, in addition to their Assault load outs.

Zero Suit Samus is far beyond peak human and wields advanced firearms.

R.O.B. is another hypothetical, which depends on your definition of canon. If you take canon R.O.B. as the in-universe one from Mario Kart DS, for example, he's here due to being advanced AI.

Yoshi can ingest enemies much larger than itself with no sign of wear and survives the vacuum of space.

Jigglypuff, while being the weakest Pokémon here, is still strong due to the nature of Pokémon themselves. It learns an assortment of powerful moves, including Hyper Voice, which has deadly applications in real life.

Dedede is way too low. He should be in the same tier as Kirby the same way that Luigi should be in the same tier as Mario: They're always portrayed as equals. He also defeated a clone of Meta Knight, so there's that.

Diddy Kong is the same case as Dedede. DK's feats scale to him because they're treated as equals in power

Yoshi is higher because-you guessed it- Mario's feats scale to him. Sometimes power scaling it a good idea

The star fox crew are higher because their ships are pretty strong

Bowser Jr. has an army of robots, most of which are a lot stronger than Mario

:4falcon::4duckhunt::4littlemac::4ryu:

Captain Falcon is here due to never canonically using his firearm. Survives space and is in top physical form.

Duck Hunt's Hunter has a gun, and dogs are pretty tough.

Little Mac is powerful on his own and moves incredibly fast, and Giga Mac is stronger, but he's still beatable.

Ryu has Hadouken and various other techniques, but can still be beaten.

Lots of little Mac's opponents are superhumans (one can outspeed a bullet train, others can OHKO Bulls/Bears). He should stay in this tier though. Really, Duck Hint should move down.

Falcon has the Blue Falcon, which moves extremely fast. I think he should stay in the tier though

Ryu can knock down buildings even in base form last time I checked (or is that an evil Ryu thing)

Duck Hunt has a gun, but he's still within normal human limitations, and I bet that Little Mac and Falcon can dodge his shots.

:4gaw::4wiifit::4villager::4mii::4miif:
Canonically, these guys are just civilians.

Nothing wrong with this

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It wasn't done when I last looked.

I gotta say...

Why separate Dr. Mario and Mario when they are the same person?

That aside, everyone is underestimating Dedede.

I know Kirby beats him, but when he can easily keep up with Kirby and Meta Knight and can keep each of them on their toes, I think he'd pretty damn strong.
Honestly I find Dedede hard to rate. Same with Peach, Yoshi and Zelda actually. They all show abilities on par with their collegues of the same franchise at times, but not as consistently. Kirby definitely gets a whole lot more than Meta Knight and King Dedede, and Meta Knight gets the Halbert, so that's why I placed them higher.

Dr.Mario and Mario are the same person yes, but from a different dimension. If you understand the mutliverse concept, I think you will get it. Like the Smash trophies said, he's not as atletic cause he doesn't get as much exercise. I doubt his pills and viruses and lower level Mario-agility are worthy of him being as high as Mario.

Same I feel with Sheik and Zelda, as Sheik is 100% Ocarina of Time Zelda. Then again, I also ranked TP Link, WW Link, MM Link and OOT Link differently. So I could do the same for all Zelda and Ganondorf incarations. Considering this, know why I won't rank Dr.Mario as highly. He gets the benefit of the doubt, but I do think he's not much above say, Little Mac, if at all.

Also need some information considering Mega Man and Ryu. Know next to nothing about them, but they seem powerful. Pac Man I also know next to nothing about, but I doubt he's that strong. Cloud is also a mystery.. but yeah am pretty unfamiliar with the 3rd party franchises as most know.

Shulk is also mystery and I think we might all be sleeping on him. Corrin and Robin also could be a whole lot more powerful than we imagine them.

Also a character we often forget about is the Pokemon Trainer :pt:. There was a whole lot of discussion about just how strong he would be, and which Pokemon he could summon. Then people argued that even if the Pokemon where OP, the trainer himself absolutely isn't. And that anyone moving fast enough or with projectiles could kill him before he even throws a Pokeball... So he's also mystery for me.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I find Dedede hard to rate. Same with Peach, Yoshi and Zelda actually. They all show abilities on par with their collegues of the same franchise at times, but not as consistently. Kirby definitely gets a whole lot more than Meta Knight and King Dedede, and Meta Knight gets the Halbert, so that's why I placed them higher.
When have Dedede and Yoshi not been shown on par with the others.

In almost all Mario games Yoshi can do certain things that Mario can't do, such as stepping on Piranha plants and killing Koopas instantly without having them hide in their shell. It implies that Yoshi is stronger than Mario. Even in his weakest iterations he's still equal to Mario in in-game stats. I don't think he has any solid destruction feats but he shoud at least be equal, if not greater than Mario.

Dedede has been consistently treated as a rival to Kirby since the first game. While Dedede is more of a comic relief villain as of recent games, he is always still able to put up a solid fight. Here's some more solid feats as well:

https://youtu.be/S4A39WlBmOg?t=584
^Dedede shoots Kirby into space (Given the other things he did this clearly isn't his full strength, but I'm putting it here since it's the best raw feat I could find)

https://youtu.be/ufzBuyeNf0o?t=444
^Dedede defeats a clone of Meta Knight (Meta Knight is a confirmed planet buster). Dedede also defeated stronger forms of all the bosses that Kirby fought in the main story.

Peach is always as strong as Mario when she's playable. She loses to Bowser all the time, but that's Bowser, who could easily beat Mario as well (Mario only wins by conveniently placed lava traps).

Also, remember that characters should be at their strongest in this.

Dr.Mario and Mario are the same person yes, but from a different dimension. If you understand the mutliverse concept, I think you will get it. Like the Smash trophies said, he's not as atletic cause he doesn't get as much exercise. I doubt his pills and viruses and lower level Mario-agility are worthy of him being as high as Mario.
Dr. Mario's strength is unquantifiable. The best we can really do is put him on the same tier, since he lacks any solid feats or has never been canonically playable.

Also need some information considering Mega Man and Ryu. Know next to nothing about them, but they seem powerful. Pac Man I also know next to nothing about, but I doubt he's that strong. Cloud is also a mystery.. but yeah am pretty unfamiliar with the 3rd party franchises as most know.
Ryu can take out buildings. Mega Man can stop time and also take out buildings. Pac man is actually pretty strong, as he's survived missiles before. He's not on the same level as, say Mario, but I put him roughly equal to Little Mac.
Also a character we often forget about is the Pokemon Trainer :pt:. There was a whole lot of discussion about just how strong he would be, and which Pokemon he could summon. Then people argued that even if the Pokemon where OP, the trainer himself absolutely isn't. And that anyone moving fast enough or with projectiles could kill him before he even throws a Pokeball... So he's also mystery for me.
Yeah Pokemon trainer would get rekt before he can send out Pokemon If he could send out pokemon he would be an easy top tier though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yoshi and Peach are seemingly equal to Mario yes but Mario as most main heroes, often adapt to situations for game play purposes. Mario has made a lot of solo playable appearances that simply give him the edge in terms of available skills and abilities. As well as experience. Luigi had been shown as a consistant equal to his brother. That's why he's up there with him. And Yoshi and Peach are not, while I do think they could be a lot higher... I have a hard time seeing them beat seasoned warriors and war veterans from Fire Emblem for example. Yoshi and Peach wouldn't hold out against Marth, Roy and Corrin that easily. Robin, Ike and Lucina are outrightly better than them and are extremely difficult for Mario and Luigi as well.

King Dedede I still think is somewhat below Kirby and Meta Knight due to having lesser abilities. Meta Knight also has Halbert. That thing is pretty damn useful. Kirby has feats that make him Top Tier potential but he's not extremely durable or fully in control of his full potential of power yet. I think he's the most powerful of his tier ranking in my list by far.

Also am not buying Dr.Mario being equal to Mario. Cause hes not. He doesn't have the feats or experience as he's not Mario from the same universe but another one. He's for all we know Level 1 Mario. There's nothing to base an assumption of that he should be the same tier as Mario.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And Yoshi and Peach are not, while I do think they could be a lot higher..
Yoshi and Peach have cartoon physics on their side.

That alone throws them up several tiers higher than normal physics characters like Marth.

You keep making this typo.

It's Halberd.

Like actually halberds.

As in the weapon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yoshi and Peach have cartoon physics on their side.

That alone throws them up several tiers higher than normal physics characters like Marth.
Fire Emblem isn't exactly normal physics, and don't think physics have much to do with overall power. Sure, Yoshi has been shown as extremely durable but I doubt he has the raw strenght to really be that high up. Same with Peach, but she has actual RPG titles on her resume so she has more destructive force.

You keep making this typo.

It's Halberd.

Like actually halberds.

As in the weapon.
Ah yeah I know about the weapon I just thought it was spelled differently for some reason. Should I refer to it as the Poleax now? :laugh:

Anyway seems we could discuss actual matchups and put strenghts and weaknesses on the table?

We could start with Marth :4marth: vs Yoshi :4yoshi:?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yoshi honestly.

All he has to do is eat Marth and he's done for.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi and Peach are seemingly equal to Mario yes but Mario as most main heroes, often adapt to situations for game play purposes. Mario has made a lot of solo playable appearances that simply give him the edge in terms of available skills and abilities. As well as experience. Luigi had been shown as a consistant equal to his brother. That's why he's up there with him. And Yoshi and Peach are not, while I do think they could be a lot higher... I have a hard time seeing them beat seasoned warriors and war veterans from Fire Emblem for example. Yoshi and Peach wouldn't hold out against Marth, Roy and Corrin that easily. Robin, Ike and Lucina are outrightly better than them and are extremely difficult for Mario and Luigi as well.
Peach gets all the same powerups as Mario and Luigi, and Yoshi has a large set of powerups of his own. Yoshi has his own series of games so I don't see why he doesn't have experience. I would put them below Mario and Luigi too, but not multiple tiers below like you did.

King Dedede I still think is somewhat below Kirby and Meta Knight due to having lesser abilities. Meta Knight also has Halbert. That thing is pretty damn useful.
Dedede is definitely below Meta Knight and Kirby, but I don't see why he deserves too be in the same tier as Little Mac.

Kirby has feats that make him Top Tier potential but he's not extremely durable or fully in control of his full potential of power yet. I think he's the most powerful of his tier ranking in my list by far.
Kirby can survive quite a beating from clones of himself (as well as Meta knight and Dedede), so would definitely say he can tank multiple planet level attacks. The whole "not in control of his power thing" is anime only. He's super naive though if that's what you mean.

I'd actually argue that Meta Knight is stronger than Kirby, since he can regenerate more times.

Also am not buying Dr.Mario being equal to Mario. Cause hes not. He doesn't have the feats or experience as he's not Mario from the same universe but another one. He's for all we know Level 1 Mario. There's nothing to base an assumption of that he should be the same tier as Mario.
Yeah I guess your right on this. I don't think he should really even be on the list since he's never fought anyone before and his power is a mystery.

Top Bottom